Here's the outrageously fuked up part of this absolute bullchit. If I'm depressed and need counseling and or medication, My insurance company WILL NOT pay for psychiatric treatment...period.
100 bucks an hour + out of pocket it costs gentlemen. BUT, I can go to intern who 15 hours of training in clinical psychology and get a prescription for some anti depressant pill that makes my heart race and makes me even more fuking insane.
No wonder psychotic people are leaking through the cracks and comitting violent unspeakable crimes in this country. They have no access to MD counseling without deep pockets.
I'd like to hear your opinion on this. Should be a priority in DC, and a major concern in this country under current healthcare.
Here's the outrageously fuked up part of this absolute bullchit. If I'm depressed and need counseling and or medication, My insurance company WILL NOT pay for psychiatric treatment...period.
100 bucks an hour + out of pocket it costs gentlemen. BUT, I can go to intern who 15 hours of training in clinical psychology and get a prescription for some anti depressant pill that makes my heart race and makes me even more fuking insane.
No wonder psychotic people are leaking through the cracks and comitting violent unspeakable crimes in this country. They have no access to MD counseling without deep pockets.
I'd like to hear your opinion on this. Should be a priority in DC, and a major concern in this country under current healthcare.
I've dealt with depression a couple times in my life, as I had a few too many brain injuries. It's a very real and very serious issue. Every person and every brain is unique, and requires unique treatment. What works for me, may or may not work for you. Limiting the access to therapy, MD's, scrips, or anything else is absolutely criminal.
Personally, I can't deal with the scrips. Give me exercise and a decent diet and I'm good. But that's just me. I tried a scrip once and found the side affects to be just as dangerous as the depression itself. I'm much more into natural remedy. That said, I believe everyone should be able to get the help they need, whatever that may be.
My experiences had doctors ready and willing to throw pills at me, hoping one of them would work. No thanks. And we wonder why psychotic people are walking around doing crazy sh*t.
I've dealt with depression a couple times in my life, as I had a few too many brain injuries. It's a very real and very serious issue. Every person and every brain is unique, and requires unique treatment. What works for me, may or may not work for you. Limiting the access to therapy, MD's, scrips, or anything else is absolutely criminal.
Personally, I can't deal with the scrips. Give me exercise and a decent diet and I'm good. But that's just me. I tried a scrip once and found the side affects to be just as dangerous as the depression itself. I'm much more into natural remedy. That said, I believe everyone should be able to get the help they need, whatever that may be.
My experiences had doctors ready and willing to throw pills at me, hoping one of them would work. No thanks. And we wonder why psychotic people are walking around doing crazy sh*t.
Amazing that depression is still considered to be a stigma in our society. I read that 36% of Americans are walking around depressed, and that number is based on people that are actually being treated. I'd venture to say that % is closer to 40-5-%.
Hell of it is is that depression manifests itself in many different forms. Feeling sad, blue or hopeless are not tell tail symptoms. Takes a MD Psychiatrist to properly diagnose and treat depression in the brain, not a fuking GPractioner writing scrips for different medications and hoping one of them will work is lunacy. Fact is, they make a mistake and they will have a much more serious patient on their hands.
Stop wrenching up absurd gun laws in a feable attempt to curtail violence and drug abuse for crisakes, and allow all Americans to have full coverage for mental health care with psychiatric doctors that hold an MD credential.
Oh wait, if you are jailed for any lengthy period of time, ya get free access to psychiatry - and we pay for it.
Amazing that depression is still considered to be a stigma in our society. I read that 36% of Americans are walking around depressed, and that number is based on people that are actually being treated. I'd venture to say that % is closer to 40-5-%.
Hell of it is is that depression manifests itself in many different forms. Feeling sad, blue or hopeless are not tell tail symptoms. Takes a MD Psychiatrist to properly diagnose and treat depression in the brain, not a fuking GPractioner writing scrips for different medications and hoping one of them will work is lunacy. Fact is, they make a mistake and they will have a much more serious patient on their hands.
Stop wrenching up absurd gun laws in a feable attempt to curtail violence and drug abuse for crisakes, and allow all Americans to have full coverage for mental health care with psychiatric doctors that hold an MD credential.
Oh wait, if you are jailed for any lengthy period of time, ya get free access to psychiatry - and we pay for it.
Amazing that depression is still considered to be a stigma in our society. I read that 36% of Americans are walking around depressed, and that number is based on people that are actually being treated. I'd venture to say that % is closer to 40-5-%.
Hell of it is is that depression manifests itself in many different forms. Feeling sad, blue or hopeless are not tell tail symptoms. Takes a MD Psychiatrist to properly diagnose and treat depression in the brain, not a fuking GPractioner writing scrips for different medications and hoping one of them will work is lunacy. Fact is, they make a mistake and they will have a much more serious patient on their hands.
Stop wrenching up absurd gun laws in a feable attempt to curtail violence and drug abuse for crisakes, and allow all Americans to have full coverage for mental health care with psychiatric doctors that hold an MD credential.
Oh wait, if you are jailed for any lengthy period of time, ya get free access to psychiatry - and we pay for it.
I almost brought up the gun issue. I tend to be neutral on most things, but concussions and guns are two topics that I'm experienced and passionate about. I'm sure there are many that disagree with our POV. Good for them. I won't change their mind, and they wont change mine.
I know what brain trauma is. Doc told me in 11th grade if I ever came back that I was done with sports for life. Decided I wasn't going back, and played 4 more years. My dad thought I was milking it at the time. This past Christmas he had a completely different tune. Shocked me, actually. He went and saw Concussion on Christmas day. Strange sometimes what makes you pay attention.
search
Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:
Amazing that depression is still considered to be a stigma in our society. I read that 36% of Americans are walking around depressed, and that number is based on people that are actually being treated. I'd venture to say that % is closer to 40-5-%.
Hell of it is is that depression manifests itself in many different forms. Feeling sad, blue or hopeless are not tell tail symptoms. Takes a MD Psychiatrist to properly diagnose and treat depression in the brain, not a fuking GPractioner writing scrips for different medications and hoping one of them will work is lunacy. Fact is, they make a mistake and they will have a much more serious patient on their hands.
Stop wrenching up absurd gun laws in a feable attempt to curtail violence and drug abuse for crisakes, and allow all Americans to have full coverage for mental health care with psychiatric doctors that hold an MD credential.
Oh wait, if you are jailed for any lengthy period of time, ya get free access to psychiatry - and we pay for it.
I almost brought up the gun issue. I tend to be neutral on most things, but concussions and guns are two topics that I'm experienced and passionate about. I'm sure there are many that disagree with our POV. Good for them. I won't change their mind, and they wont change mine.
I know what brain trauma is. Doc told me in 11th grade if I ever came back that I was done with sports for life. Decided I wasn't going back, and played 4 more years. My dad thought I was milking it at the time. This past Christmas he had a completely different tune. Shocked me, actually. He went and saw Concussion on Christmas day. Strange sometimes what makes you pay attention.
It is real and serious in some cases, but way too ambiguous in most. Impossible to categorize until somebody shoots somebody
This debate will NEVER meet and end - get used to it
Why is it amoungst posters that have real life and personal experience on the topic you manage to look like u have absolutely no real clue what you are talking about.
But then again you looking completely clueless on a thread seems par for the course
Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan9698:
It is real and serious in some cases, but way too ambiguous in most. Impossible to categorize until somebody shoots somebody
This debate will NEVER meet and end - get used to it
Why is it amoungst posters that have real life and personal experience on the topic you manage to look like u have absolutely no real clue what you are talking about.
But then again you looking completely clueless on a thread seems par for the course
It's already happened. Most times they shoot themselves. That's why help shouldn't be refused.
Depression is a very serious issue as you, dl and a few others have dealt with presumably. I've fought it since college. Gym has saved me through dangerous times but we all deal with it best we can.
Bottom line, people need to be insured to cover and treated very carefully & screened by trained doctors. My heart aches for those that can't find the words to say I'm in trouble... help me.
Sad, a lot of suffering.
Quote Originally Posted by Jose_Reyes:
It's already happened. Most times they shoot themselves. That's why help shouldn't be refused.
Depression is a very serious issue as you, dl and a few others have dealt with presumably. I've fought it since college. Gym has saved me through dangerous times but we all deal with it best we can.
Bottom line, people need to be insured to cover and treated very carefully & screened by trained doctors. My heart aches for those that can't find the words to say I'm in trouble... help me.