• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Suspicious activity

    JEFFMARKETCAP
    sundance
    t6rider
    Johnzimbo34
    TheGoldenGoose
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1078
    Posts: 12
     
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 56261
    Posted: Oct. 7, 2017 - 5:29 PM ET #1

    So I live downtown Chicago and the Chicago marathon is this weekend.  After the recent terror attacks of course everyone is nervous.  I got in the elevator today in my building  and 3 sketchy Muslim guys walked in speaking nothing but Arabic.  They each had a suitcase. They clearly were not born here.  One had the towel on his head.  He was not Sikh Indian.  I know the difference. We have air B and B rooms in my building on State street.  So I decided to make a report online with the Chicago PD.  I know some of you like Scal will give me crap but I think I did the right thing. See something, say something.  
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    So I live downtown Chicago and the Chicago marathon is this weekend.  After the recent terror attacks of course everyone is nervous.  I got in the elevator today in my building  and 3 sketchy Muslim guys walked in speaking nothing but Arabic.  They each had a suitcase. They clearly were not born here.  One had the towel on his head.  He was not Sikh Indian.  I know the difference. We have air B and B rooms in my building on State street.  So I decided to make a report online with the Chicago PD.  I know some of you like Scal will give me crap but I think I did the right thing. See something, say something.  
     
    sundance
    sundance
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2002
    Posts: 16801
    Posted: Oct. 7, 2017 - 5:44 PM ET #2

    Absolutely. Hopefully the Chicago PD responds. Be safe.
    Reply
    Absolutely. Hopefully the Chicago PD responds. Be safe.
     
    t6rider
    t6rider
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 4483
    Posted: Oct. 7, 2017 - 5:54 PM ET #3

    Stay safe. I just drove down to the strip. Very eerie and sad. The venue is still there untouched. Tons of people everywhere. I can't get the whole situation out of my head. So sad.
    Reply
    Stay safe. I just drove down to the strip. Very eerie and sad. The venue is still there untouched. Tons of people everywhere. I can't get the whole situation out of my head. So sad.
     
    Johnzimbo34
    Johnzimbo34
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 1299
    Posted: Oct. 7, 2017 - 6:18 PM ET #4

    Comedian Rich Vos- "I was at the airport and they said if I see something suspicious I should report it. I saw a black guy leaving a tip"
    Reply
    Comedian Rich Vos- "I was at the airport and they said if I see something suspicious I should report it. I saw a black guy leaving a tip"
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Oct. 7, 2017 - 6:39 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFMARKETCAP:

    So I live downtown Chicago and the Chicago marathon is this weekend.  After the recent terror attacks of course everyone is nervous.  I got in the elevator today in my building  and 3 sketchy Muslim guys walked in speaking nothing but Arabic.  They each had a suitcase. They clearly were not born here.  One had the towel on his head.  He was not Sikh Indian.  I know the difference. We have air B and B rooms in my building on State street.  So I decided to make a report online with the Chicago PD.  I know some of you like Scal will give me crap but I think I did the right thing. See something, say something.  


    Good for you Jeff. 

    I would have started an argument which would have produced nothing.  Well, maybe an Arab with a BlackER eye. 
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFMARKETCAP:

    So I live downtown Chicago and the Chicago marathon is this weekend.  After the recent terror attacks of course everyone is nervous.  I got in the elevator today in my building  and 3 sketchy Muslim guys walked in speaking nothing but Arabic.  They each had a suitcase. They clearly were not born here.  One had the towel on his head.  He was not Sikh Indian.  I know the difference. We have air B and B rooms in my building on State street.  So I decided to make a report online with the Chicago PD.  I know some of you like Scal will give me crap but I think I did the right thing. See something, say something.  


    Good for you Jeff. 

    I would have started an argument which would have produced nothing.  Well, maybe an Arab with a BlackER eye. 
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Oct. 7, 2017 - 6:43 PM ET #6


    Scal


    He is sooo pathetic never comes into GD any more. 


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Scal


    He is sooo pathetic never comes into GD any more. 


     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Oct. 7, 2017 - 7:29 PM ET #7

    Again, I will go with the Harrison Ford movie "The Fugitive"........


    ...................if the murderer is a one-armed man, you look for a one-armed man........................................................
    Reply
    Again, I will go with the Harrison Ford movie "The Fugitive"........


    ...................if the murderer is a one-armed man, you look for a one-armed man........................................................
     
    thorpe
    thorpe
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 12927
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2017 - 9:03 AM ET #8



    Reply


     
    stuff
    stuff
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 685
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2017 - 9:06 AM ET #9

    you did the right thing
    Reply
    you did the right thing
     
    Doja45
    Doja45
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 2304
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2017 - 1:19 AM ET #10

    Downtown Chiraq? Those poor muslims were probably scared to death! 
    Reply
    Downtown Chiraq? Those poor muslims were probably scared to death! 
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Oct. 10, 2017 - 4:07 PM ET #11

    The sad reality of our days. It allows for all of our racism, and prejudice, to run wild. It allows for it to seem justified. Heroic even. Will you call the police on every white man that checks into a hotel overlooking a music festival with just a bit too much luggage? Will you call the police on every white man driving a box truck near a federal building (a la Timothy McVeigh) or every disheveled, bearded white man in a post office (a la Ted Kaczynski)? Probably not but "3 sketchy muslims" "speaking arabic" "clearly not born here" step onto an elevator and you turn into Jack freakin' Ryan.
    What made them sketchy and how you could tell "they clearly weren't born here" is beyond me but the reality half of the afotementioned sad reality is there is a definite "what if" factor. I'm not going to praise you for calling the police on three probably innocent arabs but make no mistake about it, i'm not denigrating you either. It is, as I opened this post with, just the sad reality of our days.
    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply
    The sad reality of our days. It allows for all of our racism, and prejudice, to run wild. It allows for it to seem justified. Heroic even. Will you call the police on every white man that checks into a hotel overlooking a music festival with just a bit too much luggage? Will you call the police on every white man driving a box truck near a federal building (a la Timothy McVeigh) or every disheveled, bearded white man in a post office (a la Ted Kaczynski)? Probably not but "3 sketchy muslims" "speaking arabic" "clearly not born here" step onto an elevator and you turn into Jack freakin' Ryan.
    What made them sketchy and how you could tell "they clearly weren't born here" is beyond me but the reality half of the afotementioned sad reality is there is a definite "what if" factor. I'm not going to praise you for calling the police on three probably innocent arabs but make no mistake about it, i'm not denigrating you either. It is, as I opened this post with, just the sad reality of our days.
     
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Oct. 11, 2017 - 12:21 PM ET #12

    I'd guess law enforcement already knew exactly who they were.
    Reply
    I'd guess law enforcement already knew exactly who they were.
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,903
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,617
    • MLB Playoffs 16,980
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 446
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,341
    • PART DEUX 140
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,366
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 250
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,272
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,155

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.