• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Sportsbooks IRS reporting question

    spoon801
    thorpe
    Addict101
    BIGfnPOO
    vanzack
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 954
    Posts: 20
     
    spoon801
    spoon801
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2020
    Posts: 11
    Posted: Dec. 22, 2020 - 10:39 PM ET #1

    I’ve read a lot of the posts in the forum about taxes, but I was either too blind or stupid to find the answer to my question, probably both. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this as I may be worrying for nothing. Here's my situation and I’m sorry that it’s a book. 

    In the last couple of months I've been making the drive to the great state of Nevada and placing some bets at a couple of sportsbooks. There are two Sportsbooks in the particular location to which I drive, I'll refer to them as Sportsbook A and Sportsbook B. I usually compare lines to see which book has the best number for the side / total that I want to take and I place my bet with the book that has the most beneficial number. Due to what I would consider a real oddity, I have won nearly all of the bets placed with Sportsbook A and lost most of the bets placed with Sportsbook B. All said, I'm up around $3500 between both books.
    The other night while I was playing blackjack at the casino where Sportsbook A is located, I was approached by a pit boss who told me I was on the "banned list" due to transactions totaling over $10,000 in a 24-hour period. I thought this was odd, but I did place a lot of sports bets there one day a couple of weeks ago, rolling over wins into the next bet, so I figured that I must have exceeded that total. The pit boss said that I needed to provide my current ID and my Social Security Number, for which I didn't know what else to do, so I complied and gave him these items. About 20 minutes later, he brought a form back to me to have me check my info on and sign. I was a little out of it since I had a big game going on at the time, but I'm pretty sure the form was a W-9.
    Here's my question... From what I have figured, I have cleared $15k or so between table games / sports bets with Casino / Sportsbook A and lost around $11k or so with Sportsbook B. I am now worried that Sportsbook A will report my winnings to the IRS and if so it will look like I'm a winner of $15k instead of the reality of being only $3500 ahead. Would Sportsbook A report these winnings to the IRS now that they have my W-9 info? Unlike Sportsbook B (except on one or two occasions,) Sportsbook A usually asks for my player's card when I place a bet, so all of my action is tracked by them.
    I know that if you itemize deductions on your taxes that you can write off gambling losses up to the amount of winnings, but I don't itemize and usually take the standard deduction of $12k or whatever the figure is... So am I going to be required to pay taxes on at least $12k of the amount won with Sportsbook / Casino A since if I did itemize the losses from the other book it would only give me a net loss of $3k extra over the standard deduction? If Sportsbook A won’t report the taxes, then I’ll just claim my actual winnings on my taxes.
    Seems RATHER unfair to have to pay taxes on around $12k when there is only around a $3500 profit! I hope that I'm just understanding the tax law incorrectly. It's difficult enough to come out ahead without paying taxes on money that you didn't actually win!

    Thanks for any advice.

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    I’ve read a lot of the posts in the forum about taxes, but I was either too blind or stupid to find the answer to my question, probably both. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this as I may be worrying for nothing. Here's my situation and I’m sorry that it’s a book. 

    In the last couple of months I've been making the drive to the great state of Nevada and placing some bets at a couple of sportsbooks. There are two Sportsbooks in the particular location to which I drive, I'll refer to them as Sportsbook A and Sportsbook B. I usually compare lines to see which book has the best number for the side / total that I want to take and I place my bet with the book that has the most beneficial number. Due to what I would consider a real oddity, I have won nearly all of the bets placed with Sportsbook A and lost most of the bets placed with Sportsbook B. All said, I'm up around $3500 between both books.
    The other night while I was playing blackjack at the casino where Sportsbook A is located, I was approached by a pit boss who told me I was on the "banned list" due to transactions totaling over $10,000 in a 24-hour period. I thought this was odd, but I did place a lot of sports bets there one day a couple of weeks ago, rolling over wins into the next bet, so I figured that I must have exceeded that total. The pit boss said that I needed to provide my current ID and my Social Security Number, for which I didn't know what else to do, so I complied and gave him these items. About 20 minutes later, he brought a form back to me to have me check my info on and sign. I was a little out of it since I had a big game going on at the time, but I'm pretty sure the form was a W-9.
    Here's my question... From what I have figured, I have cleared $15k or so between table games / sports bets with Casino / Sportsbook A and lost around $11k or so with Sportsbook B. I am now worried that Sportsbook A will report my winnings to the IRS and if so it will look like I'm a winner of $15k instead of the reality of being only $3500 ahead. Would Sportsbook A report these winnings to the IRS now that they have my W-9 info? Unlike Sportsbook B (except on one or two occasions,) Sportsbook A usually asks for my player's card when I place a bet, so all of my action is tracked by them.
    I know that if you itemize deductions on your taxes that you can write off gambling losses up to the amount of winnings, but I don't itemize and usually take the standard deduction of $12k or whatever the figure is... So am I going to be required to pay taxes on at least $12k of the amount won with Sportsbook / Casino A since if I did itemize the losses from the other book it would only give me a net loss of $3k extra over the standard deduction? If Sportsbook A won’t report the taxes, then I’ll just claim my actual winnings on my taxes.
    Seems RATHER unfair to have to pay taxes on around $12k when there is only around a $3500 profit! I hope that I'm just understanding the tax law incorrectly. It's difficult enough to come out ahead without paying taxes on money that you didn't actually win!

    Thanks for any advice.

     
    thorpe
    thorpe
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 12927
    Posted: Dec. 23, 2020 - 9:56 AM ET #2

    Some Vegas regulars can answer better than me, but here is my 2 cents

     

    1) Why would you sign anything you don't understand? And don't remember what you signed?

    2) It may not be taxes.  It may be money laundering.  I know 10,000 is the threshold for that and it sounds like they approached you when you passed this number

    3) I'd go back to the casino when they aren't too busy and ask them what you signed and what the ramifications are

     

    If it was for taxes, you should save your losing tickets and keep a diary of wins and losses.

     

    Reply

    Some Vegas regulars can answer better than me, but here is my 2 cents

     

    1) Why would you sign anything you don't understand? And don't remember what you signed?

    2) It may not be taxes.  It may be money laundering.  I know 10,000 is the threshold for that and it sounds like they approached you when you passed this number

    3) I'd go back to the casino when they aren't too busy and ask them what you signed and what the ramifications are

     

    If it was for taxes, you should save your losing tickets and keep a diary of wins and losses.

     

     
    spoon801
    spoon801
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2020
    Posts: 11
    Posted: Dec. 23, 2020 - 12:18 PM ET #3

    @thorpe

    Thanks a bunch for the reply. After doing a little research, I think I was indeed flagged because of the money laundering laws about the $10k barrier as you stated. That seems odd since it wasn't $10k of new money since wins were rolled into the next bets. I would usually just had the book agent my winning ticket to pay for the next bet(s). Maybe the book doesn't keep track of the new money coming in, it's just the total amount of transactions in and out totaling $10k or over that gets flagged. One week I put $3800 on the Chiefs ML to win $1000, won that and used that ticket the put $4400 on another straight bet, so maybe that counted as $13k in transactions right there even though only $3800 of new money was presented to the sportsbook? Seems like a lot of bettors would get flagged if that's how you can cross the $10k threshold.

    I know after he took my ID and SSN, the pit boss told me that I needed to sign a W-9 and I'm pretty sure that's what the form said at the top.  Like I said, I had a big game going and I was playing blackjack at the time, so my memory is fuzzy about the form. I hadn't done anything wrong, so I figured it was just protocol. It was a few hours later on my drive home that I started to wonder WTF the meaning of it all was. 

    I was just hoping that someone here had knowledge of what the W-9 meant and if it meant the casino / sportsbook would then report winnings. Under normal thresholds it sounds as though winnings wouldn't be reported to the IRS, but since the wins have been tracked on my player's card and total that much, maybe it's a different story? I will probably do as you said and ask the casino about this when I go back this weekend. I just hope to have some kind of answer since the end of the year is approaching quickly.

    I do keep a log of wins / losses, but from what I've been told in a tax forum, you can only write off gambling losses on Schedule A of the 1040. I just usually take the standard deduction since I don't have a mortgage or enough other items to have enough deductions to itemize. That's where the law is unfair...  If a person doesn't itemize deductions then even if that person loses $100k gambling on slots or whatever and finally hits a $10k jackpot, that person wouldn't be able to write-off the losses.

    I'm not sure if I would be allowed to file a Schedule C as a professional and write the losses off there since gambling isn't my main source of income. I'm guessing not.

    Reply

    @thorpe

    Thanks a bunch for the reply. After doing a little research, I think I was indeed flagged because of the money laundering laws about the $10k barrier as you stated. That seems odd since it wasn't $10k of new money since wins were rolled into the next bets. I would usually just had the book agent my winning ticket to pay for the next bet(s). Maybe the book doesn't keep track of the new money coming in, it's just the total amount of transactions in and out totaling $10k or over that gets flagged. One week I put $3800 on the Chiefs ML to win $1000, won that and used that ticket the put $4400 on another straight bet, so maybe that counted as $13k in transactions right there even though only $3800 of new money was presented to the sportsbook? Seems like a lot of bettors would get flagged if that's how you can cross the $10k threshold.

    I know after he took my ID and SSN, the pit boss told me that I needed to sign a W-9 and I'm pretty sure that's what the form said at the top.  Like I said, I had a big game going and I was playing blackjack at the time, so my memory is fuzzy about the form. I hadn't done anything wrong, so I figured it was just protocol. It was a few hours later on my drive home that I started to wonder WTF the meaning of it all was. 

    I was just hoping that someone here had knowledge of what the W-9 meant and if it meant the casino / sportsbook would then report winnings. Under normal thresholds it sounds as though winnings wouldn't be reported to the IRS, but since the wins have been tracked on my player's card and total that much, maybe it's a different story? I will probably do as you said and ask the casino about this when I go back this weekend. I just hope to have some kind of answer since the end of the year is approaching quickly.

    I do keep a log of wins / losses, but from what I've been told in a tax forum, you can only write off gambling losses on Schedule A of the 1040. I just usually take the standard deduction since I don't have a mortgage or enough other items to have enough deductions to itemize. That's where the law is unfair...  If a person doesn't itemize deductions then even if that person loses $100k gambling on slots or whatever and finally hits a $10k jackpot, that person wouldn't be able to write-off the losses.

    I'm not sure if I would be allowed to file a Schedule C as a professional and write the losses off there since gambling isn't my main source of income. I'm guessing not.

     
    thorpe
    thorpe
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 12927
    Posted: Dec. 23, 2020 - 2:08 PM ET #4

    The log of wins and losses is so you don't get taxed if you win 100K and lose 120K.  Like I said before, I don't know much about this, just giving my 2 cents 

    Reply

    The log of wins and losses is so you don't get taxed if you win 100K and lose 120K.  Like I said before, I don't know much about this, just giving my 2 cents 

     
    spoon801
    spoon801
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2020
    Posts: 11
    Posted: Dec. 23, 2020 - 4:30 PM ET #5

    @thorpe

    Thanks again for putting your 2 cents in. It's a complicated subject (or at least this situation seems to be,) so HOPEFULLY someone with expertise will also chime in as this is something that could be helpful to a lot of gamblers.

    This info is slightly complicated so I may be getting the facts wrong. I've been told by an accountant that gambling winnings should be claimed as income in the income section of the 1040 and the losses (only up to the amount of winnings) have to be written off on Schedule A (itemized deductions.) So if a Casino gives you a W2G for a win of say $10k, but you have losses of $12k, you have a net of -$2k. According to the accountant, even though you are a loser for the year, you can't just omit the $10k wins from your taxes. You a required to claim them as income, and then you (assuming you have documentation for the losses) can write off the losses on Schedule A in the "other" section.  I really hope that this accountant is wrong, or that I'm just understanding incorrectly.

    This is no problem if you normally have enough expenses (or at least close to it) to file a Schedule A over just taking the standard deduction. For 2020, the standard deduction is $12400 for a single tax payer, so for someone like myself that doesn't have a mortgage and very little else to write off on a Schedule A, I can claim my losses of around $11k but that wouldn't even be as much as the standard deduction. I would have to have $12400 in other deductions to even get the benefit of writing off my losses. My losses would essentially be wiped out and thus I would be required to pay tax on the entire amount (or close to it) that is reported.

    That is the main answer that I'm looking for from someone here that knows... If Sportsbook A will report the winnings or not... That W-9 is the unknown for me here as I've never had a sportsbook report winnings before.

    If they won't report the winnings, then I can just claim the actual winnings and there should be no issue since I have everything documented.

    Reply

    @thorpe

    Thanks again for putting your 2 cents in. It's a complicated subject (or at least this situation seems to be,) so HOPEFULLY someone with expertise will also chime in as this is something that could be helpful to a lot of gamblers.

    This info is slightly complicated so I may be getting the facts wrong. I've been told by an accountant that gambling winnings should be claimed as income in the income section of the 1040 and the losses (only up to the amount of winnings) have to be written off on Schedule A (itemized deductions.) So if a Casino gives you a W2G for a win of say $10k, but you have losses of $12k, you have a net of -$2k. According to the accountant, even though you are a loser for the year, you can't just omit the $10k wins from your taxes. You a required to claim them as income, and then you (assuming you have documentation for the losses) can write off the losses on Schedule A in the "other" section.  I really hope that this accountant is wrong, or that I'm just understanding incorrectly.

    This is no problem if you normally have enough expenses (or at least close to it) to file a Schedule A over just taking the standard deduction. For 2020, the standard deduction is $12400 for a single tax payer, so for someone like myself that doesn't have a mortgage and very little else to write off on a Schedule A, I can claim my losses of around $11k but that wouldn't even be as much as the standard deduction. I would have to have $12400 in other deductions to even get the benefit of writing off my losses. My losses would essentially be wiped out and thus I would be required to pay tax on the entire amount (or close to it) that is reported.

    That is the main answer that I'm looking for from someone here that knows... If Sportsbook A will report the winnings or not... That W-9 is the unknown for me here as I've never had a sportsbook report winnings before.

    If they won't report the winnings, then I can just claim the actual winnings and there should be no issue since I have everything documented.

     
    Addict101
    Addict101
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2005
    Posts: 4362
    Posted: Dec. 23, 2020 - 7:43 PM ET #6

    If they issued you a w9 they will more than likely send it in. This would be a loss to the casino. I have been retired for a while now and have never itemized my losses when reporting.  Just claim a full loss. Have received w9s from horse racing websites and poker rooms. When I used to go to the track, I would collect tickets in the trash or on vacant tables just in case LOL. Since casino A is tracking you, they would have a record of all your action there. Their records may not be accurate because it is difficult to track all the chips you are cashing in if they are in smaller amounts. Their records then should show a loss for those cashouts. Casino B also will have a file on your action even though you did not think they were tracking you. Those accounts may be visible on your player websites. The IRS probably are not concerned about wins in the lower brackets from non-professional gamblers. But I could be wrong.

    I have never talked to a accountant, probably should. Hope this helps

    Reply

    If they issued you a w9 they will more than likely send it in. This would be a loss to the casino. I have been retired for a while now and have never itemized my losses when reporting.  Just claim a full loss. Have received w9s from horse racing websites and poker rooms. When I used to go to the track, I would collect tickets in the trash or on vacant tables just in case LOL. Since casino A is tracking you, they would have a record of all your action there. Their records may not be accurate because it is difficult to track all the chips you are cashing in if they are in smaller amounts. Their records then should show a loss for those cashouts. Casino B also will have a file on your action even though you did not think they were tracking you. Those accounts may be visible on your player websites. The IRS probably are not concerned about wins in the lower brackets from non-professional gamblers. But I could be wrong.

    I have never talked to a accountant, probably should. Hope this helps

     
    BIGfnPOO
    BIGfnPOO
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2006
    Posts: 18880
    Posted: Dec. 23, 2020 - 11:58 PM ET #7

    I hope you used your Players Card...
    That Pick the Ticket out the Garbage is a Obsolete move.
    Only tickets w/yr Card # apply...
    The Casinos Now will give you a Printout of your Total W/L 2020.
    It was not a W-9 ,imo, you filled out a >>>>

    "Form 8300 Rules

    Form 8300 must be filed for each separate transaction that exceeds the $10,000 in cash limit. However, only the recipient of the funds is required to file a Form 8300 with the IRS. Any transactions that occur between a payer and the recipient in a 24-hour period are considered related transactions."

    I hope this helps you......

    bigFnPOO
    Reply

    I hope you used your Players Card...
    That Pick the Ticket out the Garbage is a Obsolete move.
    Only tickets w/yr Card # apply...
    The Casinos Now will give you a Printout of your Total W/L 2020.
    It was not a W-9 ,imo, you filled out a >>>>

    "Form 8300 Rules

    Form 8300 must be filed for each separate transaction that exceeds the $10,000 in cash limit. However, only the recipient of the funds is required to file a Form 8300 with the IRS. Any transactions that occur between a payer and the recipient in a 24-hour period are considered related transactions."

    I hope this helps you......

     
    spoon801
    spoon801
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2020
    Posts: 11
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2020 - 12:34 AM ET #8

    @BIGfnPOO

    @Addict101

    Thanks guys for chiming in with the info. That’s definitely good info about the Form 8300 and the losing tickets.

    I have two losing tickets with William Hill where I didn’t have  / and they didn’t ask for a player’s card, so I guess those won’t count for losses.  That sucks since those are two of my biggest losses totaling $7200. I didn’t realize the tickets weren’t acceptable for write-offs anymore or else I would’ve definitely used my player’s card. I signed up for the app since those losses, so all of that action is obviously tracked.

    I was aware that the casinos provide the year-end W/L summaries of player’s card accounts, but is there a certain threshold of winnings that needs to be hit before they report the winnings to the IRS? Or do they now just send all reports to the IRS?
    I know shit is always changing.

    Reply

    @BIGfnPOO

    @Addict101

    Thanks guys for chiming in with the info. That’s definitely good info about the Form 8300 and the losing tickets.

    I have two losing tickets with William Hill where I didn’t have  / and they didn’t ask for a player’s card, so I guess those won’t count for losses.  That sucks since those are two of my biggest losses totaling $7200. I didn’t realize the tickets weren’t acceptable for write-offs anymore or else I would’ve definitely used my player’s card. I signed up for the app since those losses, so all of that action is obviously tracked.

    I was aware that the casinos provide the year-end W/L summaries of player’s card accounts, but is there a certain threshold of winnings that needs to be hit before they report the winnings to the IRS? Or do they now just send all reports to the IRS?
    I know shit is always changing.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2020 - 9:39 AM ET #9

    They are required by KYC (know your customer) to collect your SS# if you hit certain cash thresholds.

    This is called a FINCEN report (google it).  It has nothing to do with taxes.  It is when you have 10k in cash transactions in a 24 hour period at any business.  If you paid for a car in cash, you would get the same requirement.  It is not an IRS form.  It is a cash tracking form.  Yours will go on a stack of millions of them or in some database.  Every time you have more than 10k in cash, they will file a new FINCEN.  If you had hundreds of these things, someone MIGHT get interested but even then probably not.

    You have 1.  Forget about it.  It is a nothing.

    You are required by the tax code to report any gambling winnings on your taxes.  But you giving them the W9 has zero to do with taxes.  The casino and sportsbook do not file a tax form for you.  You would have to be audited and then asked about it, and possibly then you would have to pay taxes on the 3500.  The amount in question is almost a joke.  Just look around a casino at any time of day on any day.  There are 100 people betting more than you.

    Enjoy your holidays.

    PS...  The casino is not allowed to tell you about the FINCEN / W9 thing.  I really think this is absurd because it sends fear in to everyone who gets asked for it.  If they were allowed to explain it to their customers, it would be so much better for everyone.

    peace_5

     
     
    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    They are required by KYC (know your customer) to collect your SS# if you hit certain cash thresholds.

    This is called a FINCEN report (google it).  It has nothing to do with taxes.  It is when you have 10k in cash transactions in a 24 hour period at any business.  If you paid for a car in cash, you would get the same requirement.  It is not an IRS form.  It is a cash tracking form.  Yours will go on a stack of millions of them or in some database.  Every time you have more than 10k in cash, they will file a new FINCEN.  If you had hundreds of these things, someone MIGHT get interested but even then probably not.

    You have 1.  Forget about it.  It is a nothing.

    You are required by the tax code to report any gambling winnings on your taxes.  But you giving them the W9 has zero to do with taxes.  The casino and sportsbook do not file a tax form for you.  You would have to be audited and then asked about it, and possibly then you would have to pay taxes on the 3500.  The amount in question is almost a joke.  Just look around a casino at any time of day on any day.  There are 100 people betting more than you.

    Enjoy your holidays.

    PS...  The casino is not allowed to tell you about the FINCEN / W9 thing.  I really think this is absurd because it sends fear in to everyone who gets asked for it.  If they were allowed to explain it to their customers, it would be so much better for everyone.

    peace_5

     
     
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2020 - 9:52 AM ET #10

    To continue the logic....

    The reason that casinos don't file income reports with the IRS is because a casino cant give you an income statement.  They have no idea if you took that money you won at the SB and put it in a slot machine, or as you did lost it at the casino next door.  It is required by the tax code that you keep records and self report.

    If you won 10k at one casino one day, and lost 10k in another state another day, and did this dozens of times - the IRS isn't keeping track of all of that for you.  The US Tax Code is an honor system in most cases.  It is up to the tax payer to self report, and the IRS to question it when they deem appropriate (and profitable for them).

    GL - and sleep like a baby.

     
    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    To continue the logic....

    The reason that casinos don't file income reports with the IRS is because a casino cant give you an income statement.  They have no idea if you took that money you won at the SB and put it in a slot machine, or as you did lost it at the casino next door.  It is required by the tax code that you keep records and self report.

    If you won 10k at one casino one day, and lost 10k in another state another day, and did this dozens of times - the IRS isn't keeping track of all of that for you.  The US Tax Code is an honor system in most cases.  It is up to the tax payer to self report, and the IRS to question it when they deem appropriate (and profitable for them).

    GL - and sleep like a baby.

     
     
    spoon801
    spoon801
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2020
    Posts: 11
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2020 - 12:03 PM ET #11

    @vanzack

    Man, thanks so much for that info! That definitely puts my mind more at ease on the situation. I felt like some kind of criminal or something when the pit boss approached me and told me I was on the "banned list." The blackjack dealer even looked on curiously and with surprise, like he had never seen that before.

    I've definitely heard about the $10k rule about buying cars, etc., but it seems like they clearly figure the $10k a little differently at a sportsbook. I thought the $10k had to be new money. I'm a peon like you said compared to many other people. I definitely never put $10k of new money into action at any one time (or even within 24 hours for that matter,) so I was very shocked that they said I had hit that threshold. They must count using a winning ticket to pay for the next bet like two different cash transactions even though money never exchanged hands. Figuring things the way that it appears that they do, someone could bet a dime of new money on a game, win and roll that ticket into another bet, win the second bet and hit that $10k threshold when that second ticket is cashed or used to place another bet. Seems like that's not how the law / rule was intended if they're trying to catch illegal activities etc. but whatever.

    I know that sports betting / most gambling winnings are on the honor system to be reported, but in situations where the casino DOES report winnings (like with big slot or keno jackpots on W2-Gs,) if those winnings are not shown on your tax return in some way, then you will most likely hear from the IRS as to why you didn't claim those winnings. The way it was told to me is it's like if you worked for a company, received a W-2, but didn't claim that income on your taxes, you would most likely hear from the IRS.

    It seems only logical if you had more losses than winnings for the year that you wouldn't have to report that jackpot, but the IRS requires you to report the jackpot and then write your losses off on Schedule A as I described in the previous post. That's where some gamblers could get into trouble and may have to pay taxes on a jackpot when they were actually losers for the year. At least if I'm understanding the tax law correctly as told to me by an accountant.

    I'm horrible at getting to the point / question, but that's why I was wondering if / when sportsbooks report winnings, if at all.

    Thanks again everyone for the info and please correct me if I'm understanding anything incorrectly.

    Reply

    @vanzack

    Man, thanks so much for that info! That definitely puts my mind more at ease on the situation. I felt like some kind of criminal or something when the pit boss approached me and told me I was on the "banned list." The blackjack dealer even looked on curiously and with surprise, like he had never seen that before.

    I've definitely heard about the $10k rule about buying cars, etc., but it seems like they clearly figure the $10k a little differently at a sportsbook. I thought the $10k had to be new money. I'm a peon like you said compared to many other people. I definitely never put $10k of new money into action at any one time (or even within 24 hours for that matter,) so I was very shocked that they said I had hit that threshold. They must count using a winning ticket to pay for the next bet like two different cash transactions even though money never exchanged hands. Figuring things the way that it appears that they do, someone could bet a dime of new money on a game, win and roll that ticket into another bet, win the second bet and hit that $10k threshold when that second ticket is cashed or used to place another bet. Seems like that's not how the law / rule was intended if they're trying to catch illegal activities etc. but whatever.

    I know that sports betting / most gambling winnings are on the honor system to be reported, but in situations where the casino DOES report winnings (like with big slot or keno jackpots on W2-Gs,) if those winnings are not shown on your tax return in some way, then you will most likely hear from the IRS as to why you didn't claim those winnings. The way it was told to me is it's like if you worked for a company, received a W-2, but didn't claim that income on your taxes, you would most likely hear from the IRS.

    It seems only logical if you had more losses than winnings for the year that you wouldn't have to report that jackpot, but the IRS requires you to report the jackpot and then write your losses off on Schedule A as I described in the previous post. That's where some gamblers could get into trouble and may have to pay taxes on a jackpot when they were actually losers for the year. At least if I'm understanding the tax law correctly as told to me by an accountant.

    I'm horrible at getting to the point / question, but that's why I was wondering if / when sportsbooks report winnings, if at all.

    Thanks again everyone for the info and please correct me if I'm understanding anything incorrectly.

     
    spoon801
    spoon801
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2020
    Posts: 11
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2020 - 12:11 PM ET #12

    I am a self-employed, small business owner, and although I shouldn't be at risk of anything if I was to get audited for some reason, it's still not something that sounds very fun to have to deal with.  I wouldn't want to get audited because of something to do with some sports bets.

    Reply

    I am a self-employed, small business owner, and although I shouldn't be at risk of anything if I was to get audited for some reason, it's still not something that sounds very fun to have to deal with.  I wouldn't want to get audited because of something to do with some sports bets.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2020 - 1:20 PM ET #13

    You are correct on all counts.

    A 1099G is like a W2 or 1099.  You must report it or it is likely an insta-audit.  Why?  Because it shows INCOME and because it is very easy to find these people.  It shows that you MADE PROFIT IN THAT SINGLE TRANSACTION either by working or by another means.  So if you got a 1099G and didnt report it - you would likely be audited.

    But sports betting is not reportable.  It is a self reporting mechanism.  YOU are required to report.

    Sounds like you understand it totally correct.  The bottom line is that what that casino manager asked you to fill out that day did not change, or have any impact whatsoever on your tax situation.  Before  that moment you were required to self report, and after that moment were required to self report.  The form you filled out was not for taxes.  

     

     
    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    You are correct on all counts.

    A 1099G is like a W2 or 1099.  You must report it or it is likely an insta-audit.  Why?  Because it shows INCOME and because it is very easy to find these people.  It shows that you MADE PROFIT IN THAT SINGLE TRANSACTION either by working or by another means.  So if you got a 1099G and didnt report it - you would likely be audited.

    But sports betting is not reportable.  It is a self reporting mechanism.  YOU are required to report.

    Sounds like you understand it totally correct.  The bottom line is that what that casino manager asked you to fill out that day did not change, or have any impact whatsoever on your tax situation.  Before  that moment you were required to self report, and after that moment were required to self report.  The form you filled out was not for taxes.  

     

     
     
    spoon801
    spoon801
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2020
    Posts: 11
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2020 - 2:25 PM ET #14

    @vanzack

    Thanks again for taking the time and energy to clarify everything. I have no problem with the self-reporting part and I'm really relieved that the W-9 (or whatever it was) didn't change things in my case. It seems like the logical way to do things, subtract losses from winnings, and just claim the net amount won, but the tax laws aren't always logical.

    A W2-G would change how I would have to report it / write it off on my taxes and that's why I was so concerned about possibly getting one from Sportsbook A. As laid out in a previous post, I would get screwed if I have to use Schedule A to write off the losses against winnings.

    I really wonder how many people get screwed each year on their taxes from hitting one jackpot and receiving a W2-G when they don't normally have enough deductions to itemize. 

    Reply

    @vanzack

    Thanks again for taking the time and energy to clarify everything. I have no problem with the self-reporting part and I'm really relieved that the W-9 (or whatever it was) didn't change things in my case. It seems like the logical way to do things, subtract losses from winnings, and just claim the net amount won, but the tax laws aren't always logical.

    A W2-G would change how I would have to report it / write it off on my taxes and that's why I was so concerned about possibly getting one from Sportsbook A. As laid out in a previous post, I would get screwed if I have to use Schedule A to write off the losses against winnings.

    I really wonder how many people get screwed each year on their taxes from hitting one jackpot and receiving a W2-G when they don't normally have enough deductions to itemize. 

     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2020 - 4:36 PM ET #15

    A W-9 form is only an IRS form that asks a subject to provide his SS#. Casino Boss A was keeping his eye on you because he is required to report any time a player plays an amount in excess of 10K cash,as per The Banking Act of 1990,either all at once or several instances that add up to 10K.This is strictly a money laundering/drug money etc. action that is reported to the IRS to be able to track cash exchanges.This has NOTHING to do with income or winning/losing bets.On the form that Casino Boss submitted it mades no note of if you won/lost and how much so IRS has no idea if you even won $.A W-2G is aform that is required when a bet pays 300-1 or greater and the bet may have some witholding and this is reported to IRS as income.This is the type of payoff that can be off=set by losses up to the amount of the pay-off.This payoff is rare in sports but would come in to play with slot jackpots and more common in Horse Racing with Trifectas,etc.

    You aren't banned and IRS doesn't know sh*t about your play.

    Reply

    A W-9 form is only an IRS form that asks a subject to provide his SS#. Casino Boss A was keeping his eye on you because he is required to report any time a player plays an amount in excess of 10K cash,as per The Banking Act of 1990,either all at once or several instances that add up to 10K.This is strictly a money laundering/drug money etc. action that is reported to the IRS to be able to track cash exchanges.This has NOTHING to do with income or winning/losing bets.On the form that Casino Boss submitted it mades no note of if you won/lost and how much so IRS has no idea if you even won $.A W-2G is aform that is required when a bet pays 300-1 or greater and the bet may have some witholding and this is reported to IRS as income.This is the type of payoff that can be off=set by losses up to the amount of the pay-off.This payoff is rare in sports but would come in to play with slot jackpots and more common in Horse Racing with Trifectas,etc.

    You aren't banned and IRS doesn't know sh*t about your play.

     
    HoundsBlood
    HoundsBlood
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 804
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2020 - 3:41 PM ET #16

    So, I didn't read this whole thing, but I had a similar situation at one point, I think.  Over a decade ago, I won two poker tournaments and cleared $100,000 after taxes.  One was an internet poker tournament and the other was at the Bellagio in Atlantic City.  I wrote a check to the government for $45,000 that year.  I did not cheat taxes at all.  And I probably could've because one of the tournaments was with FullTilt back when internet poker was allowed.  (Thanks Republicans for legislating morality and taking food off my table.)  In any case, I just itemized.  I included my sports gambling losses that I kept on an excel spreadsheet and all of my poker buy-ins that I printed off from the internet sites.  I got audited, sent all this info in, and then they left me alone.  Itemizing instead of not taking the standard deduction isn't a big deal.  It's just easier to take the standard deduction....

    Reply

    So, I didn't read this whole thing, but I had a similar situation at one point, I think.  Over a decade ago, I won two poker tournaments and cleared $100,000 after taxes.  One was an internet poker tournament and the other was at the Bellagio in Atlantic City.  I wrote a check to the government for $45,000 that year.  I did not cheat taxes at all.  And I probably could've because one of the tournaments was with FullTilt back when internet poker was allowed.  (Thanks Republicans for legislating morality and taking food off my table.)  In any case, I just itemized.  I included my sports gambling losses that I kept on an excel spreadsheet and all of my poker buy-ins that I printed off from the internet sites.  I got audited, sent all this info in, and then they left me alone.  Itemizing instead of not taking the standard deduction isn't a big deal.  It's just easier to take the standard deduction....

     
    HoundsBlood
    HoundsBlood
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 804
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2020 - 3:43 PM ET #17

    @HoundsBlood

     And I can't remember if I was 100% accurate on the excel sports sheet.  I'm sure it was at least close....  an_wink  (I was able to use an excel sheet because it was with my local btw)

    Reply

    @HoundsBlood

     And I can't remember if I was 100% accurate on the excel sports sheet.  I'm sure it was at least close....  an_wink  (I was able to use an excel sheet because it was with my local btw)

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2020 - 5:33 PM ET #18

    There are many different IRS filing forms for the many different types of gambling.  For instance winning a slot machine jackpot is different than winning a sweepstakes.  Your Casino A giving you a W9 instead of a standard W2G for instance makes them look cheap, cheap, cheap.  It's very similar to giving you a 1099 and saying YOU were responsible for winning rather than THEM being responsible for supplying the winnings. 

    In any event there is NO WAY around filing a long form itemized tax return and claiming gambling losses to offset that W9.

    peace

     

    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    There are many different IRS filing forms for the many different types of gambling.  For instance winning a slot machine jackpot is different than winning a sweepstakes.  Your Casino A giving you a W9 instead of a standard W2G for instance makes them look cheap, cheap, cheap.  It's very similar to giving you a 1099 and saying YOU were responsible for winning rather than THEM being responsible for supplying the winnings. 

    In any event there is NO WAY around filing a long form itemized tax return and claiming gambling losses to offset that W9.

    peace

     

     
    HoundsBlood
    HoundsBlood
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 804
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2020 - 6:18 PM ET #19

    When they gave me $60,000 in cash money at the Bellagio, I didn't ever get shit. No IRS forms.  Nothing...  Zero....  Just the cash.  Which I was barely able to stuff in my pockets and sweated the whole walk to the car because people had been robbed the week before in the car garage.

    Reply

    When they gave me $60,000 in cash money at the Bellagio, I didn't ever get shit. No IRS forms.  Nothing...  Zero....  Just the cash.  Which I was barely able to stuff in my pockets and sweated the whole walk to the car because people had been robbed the week before in the car garage.

     
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2020 - 7:23 PM ET #20

    @HoundsBlood

     In 2018 my casino host invited me to attend a Blackjack Tournament.  Long story short, I made the final table.  Six of us agreed to split the winnings if any of us won.  Seventh player would not join us.  Don't know what his problem was, house shill, just an idiot, it doesn't matter.  We won.  Took my $40K in cash at the cage and was not required to sign anything  Did not receive any forms either.  Needless to say I beat feet back to the car with my crew ASAP.

    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    @HoundsBlood

     In 2018 my casino host invited me to attend a Blackjack Tournament.  Long story short, I made the final table.  Six of us agreed to split the winnings if any of us won.  Seventh player would not join us.  Don't know what his problem was, house shill, just an idiot, it doesn't matter.  We won.  Took my $40K in cash at the cage and was not required to sign anything  Did not receive any forms either.  Needless to say I beat feet back to the car with my crew ASAP.

    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,881
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 442
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,599
    • MLB Playoffs 16,893
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,186
    • PART DEUX 135
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,358
    • Week 6 Money 5,538
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,241
    • Wednesday 2,844

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.