• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Songs that feature gambling/betting in their lyrics

    I-Got-5-On-It
    TheGoldenGoose
    Mark_The_Narc
    Daddy_Freddie
    666LES
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 306
    Posts: 25
     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2020 - 2:41 PM ET #1

    I have this song that came back into head a few days ago and just spent the last half hour trying to find out who it was just from the 8 words that I remembered (those being;  got half a mil ridin on the Lakers )

    Song is   Juvenile - Flossin' Season (Feat. Big Tymers, BG & Lil Wayne) - YouTube 

     lyrics are '' Mr. Betty Crocker cake maker, casino breaker
    Tell Shaq I got a half a mill' ridin' on the Lakers''  at the 3:47 mark 

    remember loving this back in 1999 and haven't heard it in over 15 years at least

    anyone else got any sports betting shoutouts or references in songs 

     

    oh btw  those with Kenny Rogers The Gambler can go somewhere else 

    an_blowhorn

    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    I have this song that came back into head a few days ago and just spent the last half hour trying to find out who it was just from the 8 words that I remembered (those being;  got half a mil ridin on the Lakers )

    Song is   Juvenile - Flossin' Season (Feat. Big Tymers, BG & Lil Wayne) - YouTube 

     lyrics are '' Mr. Betty Crocker cake maker, casino breaker
    Tell Shaq I got a half a mill' ridin' on the Lakers''  at the 3:47 mark 

    remember loving this back in 1999 and haven't heard it in over 15 years at least

    anyone else got any sports betting shoutouts or references in songs 

     

    oh btw  those with Kenny Rogers The Gambler can go somewhere else 

    an_blowhorn

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2020 - 4:20 PM ET #2

    Tumbling Dice --- The Rolling Stones

    Ace of Spades --- Motorhead

     

    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Tumbling Dice --- The Rolling Stones

    Ace of Spades --- Motorhead

     

     
    Mark_The_Narc
    Mark_The_Narc
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 1987
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2020 - 6:27 PM ET #3

    Still the Same-Bob Seger

    Reply

    Still the Same-Bob Seger

     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Dec. 10, 2020 - 2:24 AM ET #4

    Roll Of The Dice...Atlantic City...from "The Boss" 

    Viva Las Vegas....Elvis Presley 

    Reply

    Roll Of The Dice...Atlantic City...from "The Boss" 

    Viva Las Vegas....Elvis Presley 

     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Dec. 10, 2020 - 4:55 PM ET #5

    Loser-Grateful Dead.....if I had a $ for every Ace I've drawn,I could own a town the size of Abilene........You can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines.

    Reply

    Loser-Grateful Dead.....if I had a $ for every Ace I've drawn,I could own a town the size of Abilene........You can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines.

     
    warrenator
    warrenator
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 8538
    Posted: Dec. 11, 2020 - 2:42 AM ET #6

    "Go down gambling" by Blood Sweat and Tears, its pretty raw

    Reply

    "Go down gambling" by Blood Sweat and Tears, its pretty raw

     
    kodiak
    kodiak
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 2648
    Posted: Dec. 11, 2020 - 4:43 AM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Narc:

    Still the Same-Bob Seger

    Here's another Seger song: Fire Lake

    "Who wants to play those Eights and Aces

    Who wants a raise, who needs a stake

    Who wants to take that long shot gamble

    And head out to Fire Lake"

     

    Great cut.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Narc:

    Still the Same-Bob Seger

    Here's another Seger song: Fire Lake

    "Who wants to play those Eights and Aces

    Who wants a raise, who needs a stake

    Who wants to take that long shot gamble

    And head out to Fire Lake"

     

    Great cut.

     
    kodiak
    kodiak
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 2648
    Posted: Dec. 11, 2020 - 4:49 AM ET #8

    Queen of Hearts -- Juice Newton

    Reply

    Queen of Hearts -- Juice Newton

     
    kodiak
    kodiak
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 2648
    Posted: Dec. 11, 2020 - 5:04 AM ET #9

    Roller -- April Wine

     

    "Gonna catch a flight to Nevada

    Leave her friends at home in L.A.

    Seven come eleven or blackjack

    Gambling night and day"

     

    A great cut, from a great Canadian band. Great dual guitars, and one of the best endings of all time to a rock n roll song, with the drums of the magnificent Jerry Mercer, who is 81 years old.

    Look it up....I would post it here, but I'm not that advanced in the tech world.

    Reply

    Roller -- April Wine

     

    "Gonna catch a flight to Nevada

    Leave her friends at home in L.A.

    Seven come eleven or blackjack

    Gambling night and day"

     

    A great cut, from a great Canadian band. Great dual guitars, and one of the best endings of all time to a rock n roll song, with the drums of the magnificent Jerry Mercer, who is 81 years old.

    Look it up....I would post it here, but I'm not that advanced in the tech world.

     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Dec. 11, 2020 - 8:00 AM ET #10

    Mick Jagger Lucky in Love

    A betting fool
    A gambling man
    No sooner up
    You're down again
    Mama said you won't get hurt
    Don't play the cards
    You won't get burned
    But there's a place where I still win
    But there's no money in this thing
    The game of hearts puts me in spades
    The only game I've got it made
    Oh I'm lucky in love
    Yes I've got the winning touch
    Lucky in love
    Suddenly I'm dangerous
    I'm betting on a filly down at the track
    A natural born winner that's a fact
    A hundred yards from the winning post
    The horse fell down must have seen a ghost
    But there's a place where I still win
    That is still my sure fire thing
    Ooh I will play the Jack of Spades
    You play the Queen
    I'll play the knave
    Oh I'm lucky in love
    Yes I've got the winning touch
    Lucky in love
    Suddenly I'm dangerous
    I know it's a mystery
    When the numbers come up
    Cause mathematics is Greek to me
    But I'm lucky, I'm lucky
    I'm lucky in love
    Yeah Las Vegas at night at the roulette wheel
    Yeah Monte Carlo try to cut a deal
    Atlantic City I lose at craps
    Back in London try to win it back
    And late at night I lay in bed
    With a pistol to my head
    Swear I couldn't take no more
    And in she walks right through my door
    Oh I'm lucky in love
    When I think I've had enough
    Lucky in love
    Yes I've got the winning touch
    Suddenly I'm dangerous
    Yes I'm lucky, yes I'm lucky
    Yes I'm lucky, yes I'm lucky
    Yes I'm lucky, yes I'm lucky
    Lucky with the ladies
    Thank God for the ladies
    Otherwise I'd go, I'd go crazy
    How about a line of credit
    For say ten thousand dollars
    Eighteen on the red
    Put me, put me home to bed baby
    Yes I'm lucky, yes I'm lucky
    Yes I'm lucky, yes I'm lucky
    Yes I'm lucky, yes I'm lucky
    Lucky with the ladies
    I'm sitting here with a full house you know
    I just can't just can't lose out on this
    Okay, okay your ten thousand
    And ten thousand more
    Oh you want to raise me
    You want to raise me
    How about this
    Twenty thousand and twenty thousand more
    Okay you want to see me
    Well I got, I got a full house
    What's that
    A royal flush
    Well ain't that a bust
    I'm broke
    Reply

    Mick Jagger Lucky in Love

    A betting fool
    A gambling man
    No sooner up
    You're down again
    Mama said you won't get hurt
    Don't play the cards
    You won't get burned
    But there's a place where I still win
    But there's no money in this thing
    The game of hearts puts me in spades
    The only game I've got it made
    Oh I'm lucky in love
    Yes I've got the winning touch
    Lucky in love
    Suddenly I'm dangerous
    I'm betting on a filly down at the track
    A natural born winner that's a fact
    A hundred yards from the winning post
    The horse fell down must have seen a ghost
    But there's a place where I still win
    That is still my sure fire thing
    Ooh I will play the Jack of Spades
    You play the Queen
    I'll play the knave
    Oh I'm lucky in love
    Yes I've got the winning touch
    Lucky in love
    Suddenly I'm dangerous
    I know it's a mystery
    When the numbers come up
    Cause mathematics is Greek to me
    But I'm lucky, I'm lucky
    I'm lucky in love
    Yeah Las Vegas at night at the roulette wheel
    Yeah Monte Carlo try to cut a deal
    Atlantic City I lose at craps
    Back in London try to win it back
    And late at night I lay in bed
    With a pistol to my head
    Swear I couldn't take no more
    And in she walks right through my door
    Oh I'm lucky in love
    When I think I've had enough
    Lucky in love
    Yes I've got the winning touch
    Suddenly I'm dangerous
    Yes I'm lucky, yes I'm lucky
    Yes I'm lucky, yes I'm lucky
    Yes I'm lucky, yes I'm lucky
    Lucky with the ladies
    Thank God for the ladies
    Otherwise I'd go, I'd go crazy
    How about a line of credit
    For say ten thousand dollars
    Eighteen on the red
    Put me, put me home to bed baby
    Yes I'm lucky, yes I'm lucky
    Yes I'm lucky, yes I'm lucky
    Yes I'm lucky, yes I'm lucky
    Lucky with the ladies
    I'm sitting here with a full house you know
    I just can't just can't lose out on this
    Okay, okay your ten thousand
    And ten thousand more
    Oh you want to raise me
    You want to raise me
    How about this
    Twenty thousand and twenty thousand more
    Okay you want to see me
    Well I got, I got a full house
    What's that
    A royal flush
    Well ain't that a bust
    I'm broke
     
    Runnin Mitch
    Runnin Mitch
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2000
    Posts: 841
    Posted: Dec. 11, 2020 - 10:57 AM ET #11

    Trudy - Charlie Daniels Band 

    Deal--  Grateful Dead

    Rambiln' Gamblin' Willie --- Bob Dylan

    Black Jack Blues --- Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac with Otis Spann on Vocals  & Piano

     

    Reply

    Trudy - Charlie Daniels Band 

    Deal--  Grateful Dead

    Rambiln' Gamblin' Willie --- Bob Dylan

    Black Jack Blues --- Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac with Otis Spann on Vocals  & Piano

     

     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Dec. 12, 2020 - 4:38 PM ET #12

    Luck Be A Lady by the Leader of The Rat Pack

    Reply

    Luck Be A Lady by the Leader of The Rat Pack

     
    Getty3
    Getty3
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 25178
    Posted: Dec. 12, 2020 - 8:16 PM ET #13

    Do It Again (Steely Dan). It's basically a personal  Las Vegas biography. Perfectly done by an underrated band.

     

    Reply

    Do It Again (Steely Dan). It's basically a personal  Las Vegas biography. Perfectly done by an underrated band.

     

     
    BIGfnPOO
    BIGfnPOO
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2006
    Posts: 18880
    Posted: Dec. 12, 2020 - 8:52 PM ET #14

    @I-Got-5-On-It

     "Me and my monkey"

    Lyrics
    It was me and my monkey
    Him with his dungarees and roller blades
    Smoking filter tips reclining in the passenger seat of my supercharged jet black Chevrolet
    He had the soft top down
    He liked the wind in his face
    He said "Son, you ever been to Vegas?'
    I said "No" he said "That's where we're gonna go, you need a change of place"
    And when we hit the strip with all the wedding chapels and the neon signs he said
    "I left my wallet in El Segundo" and proceeded to take two grand of mine
    We made tracks to the Mandalay Bay hotel
    Asked the bell boy if he'd take me and my monkey as well
    He looked in the passenger seat of my car and with a smile he said
    "If your monkey's got that kind of money sir, and we've got a monkey bed"
    Me and monkey
    With a dream and a gun
    Hoping my monkey
    Don't point that gun at anyone
    Me and monkey
    Like Butch and the Sundance Kid
    Trying to understand
    Why he did what he did
    Why he did what he did
    And at the elevator I hit the 33rd floor
    He had a room up top with a panoramic view it's like nothing you've ever seen before
    He went to sleep in the bidet and when he awoke
    He ran his little monkey fingers through the yellow pages
    Called up escort services and ordered some oki doke
    Forty minutes later there came a knock at the door
    In walked this big, bad-ass baboon into my bedroom with 3 monkey person
    "Hi, my name is Sunshine.
    These are my girls.
    Lace my palm with silver baby oh yeah and they'll rock your world"
    So I watched pay per view and polished my shoes and my gun
    Was sticking on Kurt Cobain sing about lithium
    There came and knocked at the door and in walked Sunshine
    "What's up?"
    "You better get your ass in here boy your monkey is having too much of a good time"
    Me and my monkey
    Drove in search of the sun
    Me and my monkey
    Don't point that gun at anyone
    Me and my monkey
    Like Billy the Kid
    Trying to understand
    Why he did what he did
    Why he did what he did
    Got tickets to see Sheena Easton
    The monkey was high
    Said it was a burning ambition to see her before he died
    We left before encores
    He couldn't sit still
    Sheena was a blast baby
    But my monkey was ill
    When I played black jack
    Kept hittin' 23
    Couldn't help but notice this Mexican just staring at me
    Or was it my monkey
    I couldn't be sure
    It's not like you've never seen a monkey in rollerblades and dungarees before
    Now don't test my patience cause we're not about to run
    That's a bad-ass monkey boy and he's packing a gun
    "My name is Rodriguez" he says with death in his eye
    "I've been chasing you for a long time amigos
    And now your monkey is gonna die"
    Me and my monkey
    Drove in search of the sun
    Me and my monkey
    We don't want to kill no Mexican
    But we got ten itchy fingers
    One thing to declare
    When the monkey is high
    You do not stare
    You do not stare
    You do not stare
    Looks like we got ourselves a Mexican stand off here boy
    And I ain't about to run
    Put your gun down boy
    How did I get mixed up with this fucking monkey anyhow
    bigFnPOO
    Reply

    @I-Got-5-On-It

     "Me and my monkey"

    Lyrics
    It was me and my monkey
    Him with his dungarees and roller blades
    Smoking filter tips reclining in the passenger seat of my supercharged jet black Chevrolet
    He had the soft top down
    He liked the wind in his face
    He said "Son, you ever been to Vegas?'
    I said "No" he said "That's where we're gonna go, you need a change of place"
    And when we hit the strip with all the wedding chapels and the neon signs he said
    "I left my wallet in El Segundo" and proceeded to take two grand of mine
    We made tracks to the Mandalay Bay hotel
    Asked the bell boy if he'd take me and my monkey as well
    He looked in the passenger seat of my car and with a smile he said
    "If your monkey's got that kind of money sir, and we've got a monkey bed"
    Me and monkey
    With a dream and a gun
    Hoping my monkey
    Don't point that gun at anyone
    Me and monkey
    Like Butch and the Sundance Kid
    Trying to understand
    Why he did what he did
    Why he did what he did
    And at the elevator I hit the 33rd floor
    He had a room up top with a panoramic view it's like nothing you've ever seen before
    He went to sleep in the bidet and when he awoke
    He ran his little monkey fingers through the yellow pages
    Called up escort services and ordered some oki doke
    Forty minutes later there came a knock at the door
    In walked this big, bad-ass baboon into my bedroom with 3 monkey person
    "Hi, my name is Sunshine.
    These are my girls.
    Lace my palm with silver baby oh yeah and they'll rock your world"
    So I watched pay per view and polished my shoes and my gun
    Was sticking on Kurt Cobain sing about lithium
    There came and knocked at the door and in walked Sunshine
    "What's up?"
    "You better get your ass in here boy your monkey is having too much of a good time"
    Me and my monkey
    Drove in search of the sun
    Me and my monkey
    Don't point that gun at anyone
    Me and my monkey
    Like Billy the Kid
    Trying to understand
    Why he did what he did
    Why he did what he did
    Got tickets to see Sheena Easton
    The monkey was high
    Said it was a burning ambition to see her before he died
    We left before encores
    He couldn't sit still
    Sheena was a blast baby
    But my monkey was ill
    When I played black jack
    Kept hittin' 23
    Couldn't help but notice this Mexican just staring at me
    Or was it my monkey
    I couldn't be sure
    It's not like you've never seen a monkey in rollerblades and dungarees before
    Now don't test my patience cause we're not about to run
    That's a bad-ass monkey boy and he's packing a gun
    "My name is Rodriguez" he says with death in his eye
    "I've been chasing you for a long time amigos
    And now your monkey is gonna die"
    Me and my monkey
    Drove in search of the sun
    Me and my monkey
    We don't want to kill no Mexican
    But we got ten itchy fingers
    One thing to declare
    When the monkey is high
    You do not stare
    You do not stare
    You do not stare
    Looks like we got ourselves a Mexican stand off here boy
    And I ain't about to run
    Put your gun down boy
    How did I get mixed up with this fucking monkey anyhow
     
    BIGfnPOO
    BIGfnPOO
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2006
    Posts: 18880
    Posted: Dec. 12, 2020 - 8:56 PM ET #15

    peace_5"When I played black jack
    Kept hittin' 23
    Couldn't help but notice this Mexican just staring at me
    Or was it my monkey
    I couldn't be sure"

    bigFnPOO
    Reply

    peace_5"When I played black jack
    Kept hittin' 23
    Couldn't help but notice this Mexican just staring at me
    Or was it my monkey
    I couldn't be sure"

     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2020 - 1:11 PM ET #16

    some good tunes guys but I was hoping for more sports betting related stuff  sad

    It's possible that there just might be some references to laying 20 G's on the Yankees or how a rapper makes more $ betting thebasketball  than making music out there somewhere 

     

    here's another track from an underground rap group from Vegas 

    all about Sin City 

    fools in the casinos losin their paychecks tryin to win in my city 

    Doomsday Productions - Dawn 2 Dawn - YouTube

    (not to everyone's taste but worth a listen some good lyrics on this track)

     

    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply

    some good tunes guys but I was hoping for more sports betting related stuff  sad

    It's possible that there just might be some references to laying 20 G's on the Yankees or how a rapper makes more $ betting thebasketball  than making music out there somewhere 

     

    here's another track from an underground rap group from Vegas 

    all about Sin City 

    fools in the casinos losin their paychecks tryin to win in my city 

    Doomsday Productions - Dawn 2 Dawn - YouTube

    (not to everyone's taste but worth a listen some good lyrics on this track)

     

     
    Bigdoubleplay
    Bigdoubleplay
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2017
    Posts: 15956
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2020 - 10:11 PM ET #17

    Steely Dan Do it Again

    Jay-z politics as usual

    " No disrespect to you, make sure your word is true I'm taking wages down to Vegas  just in case Tyson has a major night off, That's clean money the tax write-off "

    Billy Woods Checkpoints 

    " If I haven't heard a word in ten years, assume me dead... I'm just trying to beat the spread "

    Good thread ??. Gonna try to think of more

    Reply

    Steely Dan Do it Again

    Jay-z politics as usual

    " No disrespect to you, make sure your word is true I'm taking wages down to Vegas  just in case Tyson has a major night off, That's clean money the tax write-off "

    Billy Woods Checkpoints 

    " If I haven't heard a word in ten years, assume me dead... I'm just trying to beat the spread "

    Good thread ??. Gonna try to think of more

     
    betplacer20
    betplacer20
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2020
    Posts: 3
    Posted: Dec. 14, 2020 - 5:04 AM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Narc:

    Still the Same-Bob Seger

     

    very nice chooice :) 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Narc:

    Still the Same-Bob Seger

     

    very nice chooice :) 

     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Dec. 15, 2020 - 11:44 AM ET #19

    also gotta include Steve Stevens aka the bookie killer cool  for this verse he lay down at the 23:36 mark

     Money Talks - Sports Handicapping Reality TV Show S1.Ep2 - YouTube 

    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply

    also gotta include Steve Stevens aka the bookie killer cool  for this verse he lay down at the 23:36 mark

     Money Talks - Sports Handicapping Reality TV Show S1.Ep2 - YouTube 

     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Dec. 15, 2020 - 11:25 PM ET #20

    @Getty3

     

     

    peace_5

    Reply

    @Getty3

     

     

    peace_5

     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Dec. 15, 2020 - 11:59 PM ET #21

    Reply

     
    lancer89074
    lancer89074
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 9634
    Posted: Jan. 2, 2021 - 3:19 PM ET #22

    Elvis' 'Viva Las Vegas':

    Reply

    Elvis' 'Viva Las Vegas':

     
    lancer89074
    lancer89074
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 9634
    Posted: Jan. 2, 2021 - 3:28 PM ET #23

    Reply

     
    bookieassassin
    bookieassassin
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2007
    Posts: 10318
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2021 - 1:09 AM ET #24

    I crawl like a viper

    Through these suburban streets

    Make love to these women

    Languid and bittersweet

    I'll rise when the sun goes down

    Cover every game in town

    A world of my own

    I'll make it my home sweet home.....

    It is better to be feared - than to be loved.
    Reply

    I crawl like a viper

    Through these suburban streets

    Make love to these women

    Languid and bittersweet

    I'll rise when the sun goes down

    Cover every game in town

    A world of my own

    I'll make it my home sweet home.....

     
     
    MP2056
    MP2056
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 2256
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2021 - 8:38 AM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by bookieassassin:

    I crawl like a viper Through these suburban streets Make love to these women Languid and bittersweet I'll rise when the sun goes down Cover every game in town A world of my own I'll make it my home sweet home.....

    Steely Dan is probably the most overlooked and under appreciated act from the 70s. But if you're around 50 years from now I'll bet you'll be hearing them. Their stuff is timeless

    peace 

     

    Question Authority
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by bookieassassin:

    I crawl like a viper Through these suburban streets Make love to these women Languid and bittersweet I'll rise when the sun goes down Cover every game in town A world of my own I'll make it my home sweet home.....

    Steely Dan is probably the most overlooked and under appreciated act from the 70s. But if you're around 50 years from now I'll bet you'll be hearing them. Their stuff is timeless

    peace 

     

    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,881
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 442
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,599
    • MLB Playoffs 16,893
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,186
    • PART DEUX 135
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,358
    • Week 6 Money 5,538
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,241
    • Wednesday 2,844

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.