Posted:
#1
.....and in almost every episode I've seen, there is a whole process to retrieveing both the flight data recorder and the "Black Box". Sometimes one (or both) burn up in the crash, are mangled so bad they're unusable, the "audio quality" is so poor it's unusable, they're at the bottom of the ocean and some unmanned sub has to go and get it, or like in one case, some looters actually stole them!!! Also, they only record the last 30 minutes of the flight, so if anything happened before that, it's gone.....

My point is this. We can put a man on the moon, but we still rely on a 30 minute "tape recorder" for vital information such as this? Couldn't the whole flight be recorded off site somewhere like the control tower of the flight's destination? Plane lands, erase the data, lather, rinse, repeat. We're not talking about the Wright Bros. @ Kitty Hawk either, these are modern-era jets crashing in 2011, 2012, etc.
Same argument I have over all police not wearing body cameras. The technology is here, and a lot less expensive than the alternative of not utilizing it - and I think that's what pi$$es me off the most when I see things like this.....
