• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Short pours cant be ignored

    vetdrm
    nature1970
    StumpTownStu
    HockeyTeeth
    THEMUGG
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 913
    Posts: 13
     
    vetdrm
    vetdrm
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2003
    Posts: 14987
    Posted: Jul. 21, 2018 - 2:03 PM ET #1

    I drink beer. I prefer to stay away from the big breweries Coors, Bud,and the like,and prefer to focus on brews made in smaller batches.
    We've seen such a boom in the micro brew industry that simply put, if you like beer even in its mildest of forms,your taste can be narrowed down to the perfect beer.
    Ok,your saying,tell me something I dont already know..

    I lean more towards a good stout or porter now, as my beer tastes have matured. These to me be it a nitro ,double imperial,flavored, such as a coffee, chocolate, or my favorite,one aged in bourbon barrels for a lengthy amount of time is a true experience that must be shared.

    My problem lately has been the direction some proprietors have been taking when pouring this golden substance into my glass.
    Different beers are served in different glasses.You have traditional pint size,which I regard as the traditional work horse of  beer drinking.Your goblet for finer tastes,a German weiss served in the traditional pilsner glass.and the snifter for your stronger beers.
    Yesterday I ordered a delicious white stout. And for the second time in as many weeks it was served in what appears to be a standard marked fill line on the glass. This was a co2 beer by the way, and the young lady bartender then made a feeble attempt to explain why I ended up with a 12 ounce tulip glass filled  3/4 high with a 4 inch foam head.After one sip, I had a half of beer.And this crap  was justified?
    I now feel its just the drinking establishments way to gain an edge in profits.Anyone else notice this trend.
    Is life to short to worry about something some view as trivial, or is this something that needs to be changed?
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I drink beer. I prefer to stay away from the big breweries Coors, Bud,and the like,and prefer to focus on brews made in smaller batches.
    We've seen such a boom in the micro brew industry that simply put, if you like beer even in its mildest of forms,your taste can be narrowed down to the perfect beer.
    Ok,your saying,tell me something I dont already know..

    I lean more towards a good stout or porter now, as my beer tastes have matured. These to me be it a nitro ,double imperial,flavored, such as a coffee, chocolate, or my favorite,one aged in bourbon barrels for a lengthy amount of time is a true experience that must be shared.

    My problem lately has been the direction some proprietors have been taking when pouring this golden substance into my glass.
    Different beers are served in different glasses.You have traditional pint size,which I regard as the traditional work horse of  beer drinking.Your goblet for finer tastes,a German weiss served in the traditional pilsner glass.and the snifter for your stronger beers.
    Yesterday I ordered a delicious white stout. And for the second time in as many weeks it was served in what appears to be a standard marked fill line on the glass. This was a co2 beer by the way, and the young lady bartender then made a feeble attempt to explain why I ended up with a 12 ounce tulip glass filled  3/4 high with a 4 inch foam head.After one sip, I had a half of beer.And this crap  was justified?
    I now feel its just the drinking establishments way to gain an edge in profits.Anyone else notice this trend.
    Is life to short to worry about something some view as trivial, or is this something that needs to be changed?
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2018 - 9:58 PM ET #2

    It’s okay to use a different bar. If you find service to be inferior to your taste , there is always choice.

    I will not go to a bar. I still drink. Shouldn’t but do. I drink mine from a can or bottle Save tumblers Incase I end up on a tare and start buying Irish Single malt again but to each their own.

    Reply

    It’s okay to use a different bar. If you find service to be inferior to your taste , there is always choice.

    I will not go to a bar. I still drink. Shouldn’t but do. I drink mine from a can or bottle Save tumblers Incase I end up on a tare and start buying Irish Single malt again but to each their own.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2018 - 7:54 PM ET #3

    Hey, as long as there are chicks and a bathroom for me to do a bump, i'll disregard the pour.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Hey, as long as there are chicks and a bathroom for me to do a bump, i'll disregard the pour.

     
    HockeyTeeth
    HockeyTeeth
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 3675
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2018 - 9:49 PM ET #4

    I never try to overthink beer.

    Actually covers should sponsor a drinking contest. With goose off the booze the field is wide open.

    (Pro tip: HockeyTeeth wins)

    Reply

    I never try to overthink beer.

    Actually covers should sponsor a drinking contest. With goose off the booze the field is wide open.

    (Pro tip: HockeyTeeth wins)

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2018 - 4:13 PM ET #5

    I'd smoke your azz, teeth.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    I'd smoke your azz, teeth.

     
    HockeyTeeth
    HockeyTeeth
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 3675
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2018 - 4:33 PM ET #6

    Hard liquor you probably would. Beer no way.

    Reply

    Hard liquor you probably would. Beer no way.

     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2018 - 6:36 PM ET #7

     I've only seen this once......at a local pub that just changed hands recently. I ordered a hefe (pounder) & it was given to me with about 1/3 foam. I gave it back & the bartender told me they had just changed kegs so it was a little foamy. I told him that's fine, but with a little work you can still get a proper pour. He obliged, but just to top things off he charged me like $6.48.........tax, he says. I hate when bars do that.........& I generally don't return to bars that do.

    Reply

     I've only seen this once......at a local pub that just changed hands recently. I ordered a hefe (pounder) & it was given to me with about 1/3 foam. I gave it back & the bartender told me they had just changed kegs so it was a little foamy. I told him that's fine, but with a little work you can still get a proper pour. He obliged, but just to top things off he charged me like $6.48.........tax, he says. I hate when bars do that.........& I generally don't return to bars that do.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2018 - 8:02 PM ET #8

    I'm strictly a Heineken beer drinker. Will drink the draft when it's available but some places never clean their pipes & a stanky beer taste is hard to get rid of once it hits your lips.

    I don't see short pours but I'm sure that happens like vet says. Everyone in business is looking for that little edge but can easily alienate customers for something so easy to avoid. 

    Reply

    I'm strictly a Heineken beer drinker. Will drink the draft when it's available but some places never clean their pipes & a stanky beer taste is hard to get rid of once it hits your lips.

    I don't see short pours but I'm sure that happens like vet says. Everyone in business is looking for that little edge but can easily alienate customers for something so easy to avoid. 

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2018 - 10:28 PM ET #9

    What's your beer of choice, teeth?

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    What's your beer of choice, teeth?

     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2018 - 7:23 AM ET #10

    On a similar note, Buffalo Wild Wings was notorious for regular shorting the customer about 4 ounces, whenever you ordered their large draft.  They used the foam excuse as well, whenever they were questioned on their false advertising and thievery.

    Reply

    On a similar note, Buffalo Wild Wings was notorious for regular shorting the customer about 4 ounces, whenever you ordered their large draft.  They used the foam excuse as well, whenever they were questioned on their false advertising and thievery.

     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2018 - 10:54 AM ET #11

    Bartend a few nights a month ...

    If there is too much head (foam) on a draft beer , I always pour a few  extra ounces in a rox glass .... Guests Love this...My tips reflect it 
    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply
    Bartend a few nights a month ...

    If there is too much head (foam) on a draft beer , I always pour a few  extra ounces in a rox glass .... Guests Love this...My tips reflect it 
     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2018 - 10:55 AM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

    On a similar note, Buffalo Wild Wings was notorious for regular shorting the customer about 4 ounces, whenever you ordered their large draft.  They used the foam excuse as well, whenever they were questioned on their false advertising and thievery.


    Greedy Corporate turds encourage bar tenders to do this ....

    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

    On a similar note, Buffalo Wild Wings was notorious for regular shorting the customer about 4 ounces, whenever you ordered their large draft.  They used the foam excuse as well, whenever they were questioned on their false advertising and thievery.


    Greedy Corporate turds encourage bar tenders to do this ....

     
     
    vetdrm
    vetdrm
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2003
    Posts: 14987
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2018 - 12:49 PM ET #13

    Wizard - Buff wild ,maybe for a pay per view. Not a fan
    Double up- Nice touch mate
    Stump- ahh, thee 80s
    Midnight- nasty pipes are unforgivable 

    Hockey - Ive had some dd % brews in a sniffter  that cost way more then hard liquor my friend S#hit is gold
    Nature -Irish Malts

    Mugg- Guy sounds like a jerk. I usually voice my displeasure as well Sir.

    life is to short to worry about stuff like this I know .Dont want to seem anal about it.
    Just the fact that some people need to get a clue. 
    Good stuff guys
    Reply
    Wizard - Buff wild ,maybe for a pay per view. Not a fan
    Double up- Nice touch mate
    Stump- ahh, thee 80s
    Midnight- nasty pipes are unforgivable 

    Hockey - Ive had some dd % brews in a sniffter  that cost way more then hard liquor my friend S#hit is gold
    Nature -Irish Malts

    Mugg- Guy sounds like a jerk. I usually voice my displeasure as well Sir.

    life is to short to worry about stuff like this I know .Dont want to seem anal about it.
    Just the fact that some people need to get a clue. 
    Good stuff guys
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,890
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,606
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 445
    • MLB Playoffs 16,952
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,263
    • PART DEUX 139
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,362
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,265
    • Week 6 Money 5,817
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,148

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.