• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    School Loan Advice?

    Jailbait7127
    mainman11111
    Slobbasaurus
    EuroPro
    666LES
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1587
    Posts: 18
     
    Jailbait7127
    Jailbait7127
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 6810
    Posted: Aug. 25, 2016 - 9:39 PM ET #1

    So.  I am in dental school currently 

    after I graduate. I will be in debt a little less than 400k. 

    Over a 20 year course. I will have to pay back 3500$ monthly. 

    If I work in a a low income area for 10 years (making payments on time) the rest of my loans will be waived off. The interest rate is based upon my income, which I presume will be less than working elsewhere in a nicer area. 

    I Really hate having the thought of having 375k in loans upon my shoulder. I wish I could have an investor (or bank) invest in me so my interest rates are not 6%-7%. 

    Anyone have knowledge of paying off school loans, or what the best option is in doing so?





    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    So.  I am in dental school currently 

    after I graduate. I will be in debt a little less than 400k. 

    Over a 20 year course. I will have to pay back 3500$ monthly. 

    If I work in a a low income area for 10 years (making payments on time) the rest of my loans will be waived off. The interest rate is based upon my income, which I presume will be less than working elsewhere in a nicer area. 

    I Really hate having the thought of having 375k in loans upon my shoulder. I wish I could have an investor (or bank) invest in me so my interest rates are not 6%-7%. 

    Anyone have knowledge of paying off school loans, or what the best option is in doing so?





     
    mainman11111
    mainman11111
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 1083
    Posted: Aug. 26, 2016 - 9:05 AM ET #2

    my brother took out over 85k when he was in undergrad. this was back when BOA and other banks were giving out loans to any kid who needed a student loan.

    he took 3 classes a quarter and on the side used the money for a business. the business took off and he ended up starting another business.

    if BOA or other banks are still giving out candy. i would take it and make a business while in school. find a niche market.


    tesla was 30$ now its 225$. you could always parlay money into slush funds like mitt romney.

    bitcoin was once 20$ now its over 600!!! or so i recall.
    Reply
    my brother took out over 85k when he was in undergrad. this was back when BOA and other banks were giving out loans to any kid who needed a student loan.

    he took 3 classes a quarter and on the side used the money for a business. the business took off and he ended up starting another business.

    if BOA or other banks are still giving out candy. i would take it and make a business while in school. find a niche market.


    tesla was 30$ now its 225$. you could always parlay money into slush funds like mitt romney.

    bitcoin was once 20$ now its over 600!!! or so i recall.
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Aug. 26, 2016 - 9:22 AM ET #3

    Wow, my $740 monthly payment through Navient isn't looking so bad right now.

    Thanks God it's almost over.  

    Best of luck.  I never heard of such of thing about working in a low-income area.  Is that exclusive to those in the medical field?

    Sh!t, I work in Newark so I should qualify for this if this the case.  
    Reply
    Wow, my $740 monthly payment through Navient isn't looking so bad right now.

    Thanks God it's almost over.  

    Best of luck.  I never heard of such of thing about working in a low-income area.  Is that exclusive to those in the medical field?

    Sh!t, I work in Newark so I should qualify for this if this the case.  
     
    EuroPro
    EuroPro
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2014
    Posts: 5110
    Posted: Aug. 26, 2016 - 10:00 AM ET #4

    3,500 a month? u better be living in the hood or with your mom 
    Reply
    3,500 a month? u better be living in the hood or with your mom 
     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Aug. 26, 2016 - 3:45 PM ET #5

    J-Bait- I always know that the Devil is in the Detail.
    If you work in a $ ghetto for 10y paying 3.5k a month that is 42k a year X 10y =$ 420,000. They let you off paying 45k in interest over 10y @ about 12%.
    If you aren't slumming,are you saying that you would have to pay for 20y which would be $840,000 on the original $375,000 with a rate of approx 125% with an interest of $465,000??
    Not to be a downer but aren't dentists like lawyers and pharmacists in that they are plentiful?
    Reply
    J-Bait- I always know that the Devil is in the Detail.
    If you work in a $ ghetto for 10y paying 3.5k a month that is 42k a year X 10y =$ 420,000. They let you off paying 45k in interest over 10y @ about 12%.
    If you aren't slumming,are you saying that you would have to pay for 20y which would be $840,000 on the original $375,000 with a rate of approx 125% with an interest of $465,000??
    Not to be a downer but aren't dentists like lawyers and pharmacists in that they are plentiful?
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Aug. 26, 2016 - 4:52 PM ET #6

    No brainer to me. Work in South Central LA ghetto and live near the beach. 
    All the while you're connecting with the rich and famous for future patients.
    3,500 monthly payment would be brutal. I'd ghetto root canals and fill cavities for a decade. Good luck whatever you do Doc. 


    Reply
    No brainer to me. Work in South Central LA ghetto and live near the beach. 
    All the while you're connecting with the rich and famous for future patients.
    3,500 monthly payment would be brutal. I'd ghetto root canals and fill cavities for a decade. Good luck whatever you do Doc. 


     
    mainman11111
    mainman11111
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 1083
    Posted: Aug. 27, 2016 - 5:48 AM ET #7

    Cramer: How stocks paid for me to go to college

    Abigail Stevenson,CNBC 11 hours ago
    • Like
    • Reblog on Tumblr
    • Tweet
    When Jim Cramer first started investing, he was determined to do it the right way — by researching stocks and getting an edge on that research. "Where was I going to get that edge? I figured why not read all of the periodicals that covered stocks," the "Mad Money" host said. When Cramer graduated college, he worked as a reporter covering sports and government in Tallahassee, Florida, where he made $153 a week. While he did not have a lot of money to spare, he did find a way to save in his IRA and began to buy individual stocks for a personal account. After losing money on a few investments, Cramer decided to go to the library and research companies. Eventually, he found a company called Natomas, ...
    Reply

    Cramer: How stocks paid for me to go to college

    Abigail Stevenson,CNBC 11 hours ago
    • Like
    • Reblog on Tumblr
    • Tweet
    When Jim Cramer first started investing, he was determined to do it the right way — by researching stocks and getting an edge on that research. "Where was I going to get that edge? I figured why not read all of the periodicals that covered stocks," the "Mad Money" host said. When Cramer graduated college, he worked as a reporter covering sports and government in Tallahassee, Florida, where he made $153 a week. While he did not have a lot of money to spare, he did find a way to save in his IRA and began to buy individual stocks for a personal account. After losing money on a few investments, Cramer decided to go to the library and research companies. Eventually, he found a company called Natomas, ...
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Aug. 30, 2016 - 9:07 PM ET #8

    What is the actual interest rate?  Often times it's better to just pay the minimum if the interest rate is low and live with it when it comes to student loans.   But 6-7% sounds steep. 

    I actually had something similar in that my student loans were waived by working 2 years for every year I went to school.  And it was no brainer and but I only had to work 4 years and no restrictions other than it be in my field.  

    I honestly think that unless you can see yourself busting your hump to pay off the whole loan in 10 years, I say you take the low income area job. 

    In my practice I used to have multiple locations.  I had one in a low income area where I offered a limited amount of sliding scale and excepted a limit number of Medicaid patients and then had another office in a better of town with no sliding scale.  I can tell you the the low income office is what started the foundation of my business and eventually I could transition once the other office became viable. 

    Perhaps If you did one day a week at s low income or public health dental clinic for 10 years it might result in you meeting your obligations 
    Reply
    What is the actual interest rate?  Often times it's better to just pay the minimum if the interest rate is low and live with it when it comes to student loans.   But 6-7% sounds steep. 

    I actually had something similar in that my student loans were waived by working 2 years for every year I went to school.  And it was no brainer and but I only had to work 4 years and no restrictions other than it be in my field.  

    I honestly think that unless you can see yourself busting your hump to pay off the whole loan in 10 years, I say you take the low income area job. 

    In my practice I used to have multiple locations.  I had one in a low income area where I offered a limited amount of sliding scale and excepted a limit number of Medicaid patients and then had another office in a better of town with no sliding scale.  I can tell you the the low income office is what started the foundation of my business and eventually I could transition once the other office became viable. 

    Perhaps If you did one day a week at s low income or public health dental clinic for 10 years it might result in you meeting your obligations 
     
    TheBallDontLie
    TheBallDontLie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 4463
    Posted: Sep. 1, 2016 - 12:36 AM ET #9

    Yikes. My $325.00 a month to pay off $29,000 looks like child's play. A undergraduate degree and masters later. 

    Congrats on getting by dental school though  I'm sure you'll make out just fine 
    Reply
    Yikes. My $325.00 a month to pay off $29,000 looks like child's play. A undergraduate degree and masters later. 

    Congrats on getting by dental school though  I'm sure you'll make out just fine 
     
    Jailbait7127
    Jailbait7127
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 6810
    Posted: Sep. 2, 2016 - 4:24 PM ET #10

    Slob. Its not only for medical field, I believe they started this type of repayment option a few years ago. even my friend who is an accountant now also had this option. 

    666Les  While there are a lot of Dentists, many are retiring as well. It all depends on who you know to land a good job. I should be able to make 110-120k after I graduate, (as long as the dental field is staying how it is). And yes that is correct. I believe the interest rate is 6%. Its amazing how much money the government is making from giving students school loans. Out of 400 dental students at my school, only 20 of them are self paid (prob rich parents, and their parents are usually dentists as well lol) 



    Dl36 Yeah eventually I would like to open up my own practice. One of the faculty at my school who is a dentist was saying how opening a practice in an underserved area is what brings in business. So as you did, I would like to open up a practice after I acquire a good amount of patients. Good thing is at least dentists don't have to do residency after graduating for most states. 

    The balldontlie- thank you. I didn't think I would make it in, but luckily I did. 
    Reply
    Slob. Its not only for medical field, I believe they started this type of repayment option a few years ago. even my friend who is an accountant now also had this option. 

    666Les  While there are a lot of Dentists, many are retiring as well. It all depends on who you know to land a good job. I should be able to make 110-120k after I graduate, (as long as the dental field is staying how it is). And yes that is correct. I believe the interest rate is 6%. Its amazing how much money the government is making from giving students school loans. Out of 400 dental students at my school, only 20 of them are self paid (prob rich parents, and their parents are usually dentists as well lol) 



    Dl36 Yeah eventually I would like to open up my own practice. One of the faculty at my school who is a dentist was saying how opening a practice in an underserved area is what brings in business. So as you did, I would like to open up a practice after I acquire a good amount of patients. Good thing is at least dentists don't have to do residency after graduating for most states. 

    The balldontlie- thank you. I didn't think I would make it in, but luckily I did. 
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Sep. 7, 2016 - 2:46 AM ET #11

    Residency is such a scam IMHO.   It's basically time that you are underpaid working for someone else because it looks good on a resume.  I honestly believe if I had to pick between someone that worked a real job and stood on their own two feet after school or a person that just fonished their residency, I would pick the person who spent their time getting real life experience.  Just my opinion
    Reply
    Residency is such a scam IMHO.   It's basically time that you are underpaid working for someone else because it looks good on a resume.  I honestly believe if I had to pick between someone that worked a real job and stood on their own two feet after school or a person that just fonished their residency, I would pick the person who spent their time getting real life experience.  Just my opinion
     
    mainman11111
    mainman11111
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 1083
    Posted: Sep. 7, 2016 - 4:04 PM ET #12

    dentist is top 3 professions for suicide.

    good luck. on the bright side you get to see everyones teeth and smell their breathe all day!
    Reply
    dentist is top 3 professions for suicide.

    good luck. on the bright side you get to see everyones teeth and smell their breathe all day!
     
    MullerRose
    MullerRose
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2016
    Posts: 192
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2016 - 5:50 AM ET #13

    3,500 a month is way to big for an employee. That's impossible unless you live in your parents' house. 
    Reply
    3,500 a month is way to big for an employee. That's impossible unless you live in your parents' house. 
     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2016 - 10:51 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by Jailbait7127:

    Slob. Its not only for medical field, I believe they started this type of repayment option a few years ago. even my friend who is an accountant now also had this option. 

    666Les  While there are a lot of Dentists, many are retiring as well. It all depends on who you know to land a good job. I should be able to make 110-120k after I graduate, (as long as the dental field is staying how it is). And yes that is correct. I believe the interest rate is 6%. Its amazing how much money the government is making from giving students school loans. Out of 400 dental students at my school, only 20 of them are self paid (prob rich parents, and their parents are usually dentists as well lol) 



     

    It's too bad economics wasn't a prerequisite for folks going to college.  It's the TAXPAYERS that will be paying for all the defaulting loans on all your inadequate colleagues.   You may have the ability to repay, but do you think everyone graduating from ITT has a $100k job ?

    Oh, BTW, they just filed for bankruptcy, so yeah, American taxpayer will be paying for many of those loans made to students of ITT...    

    So, no, let's recap, the government will not come out ahead of these loans offered to folks majoring  in underwater basket weaving.  

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Jailbait7127:

    Slob. Its not only for medical field, I believe they started this type of repayment option a few years ago. even my friend who is an accountant now also had this option. 

    666Les  While there are a lot of Dentists, many are retiring as well. It all depends on who you know to land a good job. I should be able to make 110-120k after I graduate, (as long as the dental field is staying how it is). And yes that is correct. I believe the interest rate is 6%. Its amazing how much money the government is making from giving students school loans. Out of 400 dental students at my school, only 20 of them are self paid (prob rich parents, and their parents are usually dentists as well lol) 



     

    It's too bad economics wasn't a prerequisite for folks going to college.  It's the TAXPAYERS that will be paying for all the defaulting loans on all your inadequate colleagues.   You may have the ability to repay, but do you think everyone graduating from ITT has a $100k job ?

    Oh, BTW, they just filed for bankruptcy, so yeah, American taxpayer will be paying for many of those loans made to students of ITT...    

    So, no, let's recap, the government will not come out ahead of these loans offered to folks majoring  in underwater basket weaving.  

     
    1129ken
    1129ken
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 2674
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2016 - 6:03 PM ET #15

    It really is basic. You borrowed money. It is a contractual obligation. Pay it back. You owe it. Do you want to get out of home mortgage payments as well ? Your car loan ? Try that stuff with your bookmaker; see how that works out.
    Reply
    It really is basic. You borrowed money. It is a contractual obligation. Pay it back. You owe it. Do you want to get out of home mortgage payments as well ? Your car loan ? Try that stuff with your bookmaker; see how that works out.
     
    TILTOLOGIC
    TILTOLOGIC
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 5527
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 12:02 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Jailbait7127:

    So.  I am in dental school currently 

    after I graduate. I will be in debt a little less than 400k. 

    Over a 20 year course. I will have to pay back 3500$ monthly. 

    If I work in a a low income area for 10 years (making payments on time) the rest of my loans will be waived off. The interest rate is based upon my income, which I presume will be less than working elsewhere in a nicer area. 

    I Really hate having the thought of having 375k in loans upon my shoulder. I wish I could have an investor (or bank) invest in me so my interest rates are not 6%-7%. 

    Anyone have knowledge of paying off school loans, or what the best option is in doing so?






    Don't do it, you will make way more money in the long run steering clear of these deals. they just taking advantage of debt anxiety.  Those loans seems super steep obviously, but you are gonna be in position to make serious bank when you are done. Graduate near the top of your class and you'll have a lot of freedom to choose where you want to work. 

    He's what to look for upon completion of dental school :  an existing practice operated by someone nearing retirement and looking to sell.  Then buy it. you already got the school debt, but your earning power is huge now. You'll be able to get the loan.  You'll make substantially more, and pay your debt off much sooner.  My wife is 33 and has been practicing for 6 years.  This is the route she took. And has worked well. She isn't debt free yet but in a few years she will be

    Good Luck 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Jailbait7127:

    So.  I am in dental school currently 

    after I graduate. I will be in debt a little less than 400k. 

    Over a 20 year course. I will have to pay back 3500$ monthly. 

    If I work in a a low income area for 10 years (making payments on time) the rest of my loans will be waived off. The interest rate is based upon my income, which I presume will be less than working elsewhere in a nicer area. 

    I Really hate having the thought of having 375k in loans upon my shoulder. I wish I could have an investor (or bank) invest in me so my interest rates are not 6%-7%. 

    Anyone have knowledge of paying off school loans, or what the best option is in doing so?






    Don't do it, you will make way more money in the long run steering clear of these deals. they just taking advantage of debt anxiety.  Those loans seems super steep obviously, but you are gonna be in position to make serious bank when you are done. Graduate near the top of your class and you'll have a lot of freedom to choose where you want to work. 

    He's what to look for upon completion of dental school :  an existing practice operated by someone nearing retirement and looking to sell.  Then buy it. you already got the school debt, but your earning power is huge now. You'll be able to get the loan.  You'll make substantially more, and pay your debt off much sooner.  My wife is 33 and has been practicing for 6 years.  This is the route she took. And has worked well. She isn't debt free yet but in a few years she will be

    Good Luck 
     
    TILTOLOGIC
    TILTOLOGIC
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 5527
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 12:04 PM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by mainman11111:

    dentist is top 3 professions for suicide.

    good luck. on the bright side you get to see everyones teeth and smell their breathe all day!


    plus you get to be your own boss,  work one day a week if you want, and make a shitload of money compared to everyone else..

    awful gig for sure
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mainman11111:

    dentist is top 3 professions for suicide.

    good luck. on the bright side you get to see everyones teeth and smell their breathe all day!


    plus you get to be your own boss,  work one day a week if you want, and make a shitload of money compared to everyone else..

    awful gig for sure
     
     
    mainman11111
    mainman11111
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 1083
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2016 - 4:18 PM ET #18

    Fade niners

    bet w the pats

    u pay off ur loans in no time if u do this every week.
    Reply
    Fade niners

    bet w the pats

    u pay off ur loans in no time if u do this every week.
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,348
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 433
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,862
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,852
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 746
    • PART DEUX 143
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • Week 6 Money 8,016
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,216
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,152

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.