Posted:
#1
I've heard that "public money" doesn't move the lines "sharp money" does. I've seen line moves that would back that up.
I've also heard the public moves the line and sharp money waits and exposes the inflated public line. That makes sense, but I don't know that I could back it up with a for instance.
What I don't understand is; how do "they" determine what is "sharp money" and what is public? Obv the size of the bets can be an indicator of "smart money" but there are plenty of high rollers who I'm sure bet the max of what a sportsbook would take from any member of a syndicate. And how closely are these betting syndicate that the have the same information that puts the "sharp money" always seems to be on the on the opposite side of the public?
And how closely are the Sportsbooks tied to one another that any bet of any size in Las Vegas should affect the line on my offshore account?
