Posted:
#1
Let's say I have a friend who has saved up $80k, and has no better way to invest it than to bet on sports...
My question is specifically: What is the issue with playing large amounts on the Money Line, in order to build a larger bankroll (which can then be used to bet standard/flat amounts, teasers, parlays, etc)?
For example, starting at $5,000/game, on a favorite NO BIGGER than -1500.
-Is it frowned upon to do this?
-Is it not 'man enough' to bet this way?
-Is it something a book (online or live) will start to monitor and/or reduce limitations on?
-What is/are the down side(s) to doing this?
-Besides winning, are there other benefits to this?
It seems like a decent way to build up some padding, though the occasional "massive upset" is bound to happen. Besides money management and smart handicapping, is there anything else I can relay to CG? I mean, uh....
