• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    PSA - Public speaking terrifies you?

    vanzack
    Hugh_Jorgan
    TheFootball77
    searchwarrant
    jmw59
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1556
    Posts: 21
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2016 - 9:27 AM ET #1

    Back in the old days, I had a corporate job that had me make presentations.  And before that - the presentations in college.

    At the time - this was almost terrifying for me - and I would struggle.  The first thing was that my heart rate would rise, then I would become aware of that - and get in to almost a panic situation.  It was a physiological response of fight or flight.

    It was debilitating.

    If you are anything like this - I would like to recommend something called Propanolol.  It is a medication that is a beta blocker - and is used for people with heartbeat fluctuations.  In laymans terms - it doesnt let your heart rate get over normal, which stops the cycle I describe above.

    In my own experience - this was a miracle for me.  Take one 20mg pill an hour before a presentation - and I was good to go.  It changed my life in college and allowed me to perform in my professional career as well.

    I am much older now - and give presentations often for a charitable organization I am on the board of.  I dont even need propanalol anymore - but I remember when I relied on it like it was life or death.

    If you have any questions - feel free to ask.   I know I have helped many people in my real life with this tip, and there are lots of people out there that suffer from this type of social anxiety.

    GL

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Back in the old days, I had a corporate job that had me make presentations.  And before that - the presentations in college.

    At the time - this was almost terrifying for me - and I would struggle.  The first thing was that my heart rate would rise, then I would become aware of that - and get in to almost a panic situation.  It was a physiological response of fight or flight.

    It was debilitating.

    If you are anything like this - I would like to recommend something called Propanolol.  It is a medication that is a beta blocker - and is used for people with heartbeat fluctuations.  In laymans terms - it doesnt let your heart rate get over normal, which stops the cycle I describe above.

    In my own experience - this was a miracle for me.  Take one 20mg pill an hour before a presentation - and I was good to go.  It changed my life in college and allowed me to perform in my professional career as well.

    I am much older now - and give presentations often for a charitable organization I am on the board of.  I dont even need propanalol anymore - but I remember when I relied on it like it was life or death.

    If you have any questions - feel free to ask.   I know I have helped many people in my real life with this tip, and there are lots of people out there that suffer from this type of social anxiety.

    GL

     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2016 - 9:40 AM ET #2

    Vanzack, you are truly a man of the people, and a great provider of information 

    As long as you are helping others with life issues, perhaps you can suggest a remedy for this ...

    I tend to get the runs after a day of watching football and losing money.
    It is not the runs that I need the help with, as I find that to be cleansing in an odd way. It is the chaffing that comes afterwards.

    It seems that no matter how well I wipe, I still develop a rash between my cheeks afterwards. I utilize the 'paper-wipey-paper' method, whereas I remove the initial larger remnants from the area in question with some Charmin, then I go in with the wipeys, as this really freshens up the sphincter. Then I go back to the Charmin as not to leave the area damp, which could promote bacteria growth, or possibly even mushrooms. 

    As for making sure that I am completely free from dingleberries, and other hanger-oners, I gently insert one wipey covered knuckle into the exit area to ensure that I am tidy and clean. 

    All of this, and I still get butt rashes.

    I truly appreciate any advice you might have on this problem, Vanzack? 
    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    Vanzack, you are truly a man of the people, and a great provider of information 

    As long as you are helping others with life issues, perhaps you can suggest a remedy for this ...

    I tend to get the runs after a day of watching football and losing money.
    It is not the runs that I need the help with, as I find that to be cleansing in an odd way. It is the chaffing that comes afterwards.

    It seems that no matter how well I wipe, I still develop a rash between my cheeks afterwards. I utilize the 'paper-wipey-paper' method, whereas I remove the initial larger remnants from the area in question with some Charmin, then I go in with the wipeys, as this really freshens up the sphincter. Then I go back to the Charmin as not to leave the area damp, which could promote bacteria growth, or possibly even mushrooms. 

    As for making sure that I am completely free from dingleberries, and other hanger-oners, I gently insert one wipey covered knuckle into the exit area to ensure that I am tidy and clean. 

    All of this, and I still get butt rashes.

    I truly appreciate any advice you might have on this problem, Vanzack? 
     
    TheFootball77
    TheFootball77
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2012
    Posts: 706
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2016 - 10:51 AM ET #3

    Hey Vanzack thanks for the tip, but what is in it for you?


    Will you respond to my post in General Discussion thread titled "Gambling", I'd appreciate your serious input on a very delicate subject. 


    Reply
    Hey Vanzack thanks for the tip, but what is in it for you?


    Will you respond to my post in General Discussion thread titled "Gambling", I'd appreciate your serious input on a very delicate subject. 


     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2016 - 11:38 AM ET #4

    Had the same issues with presentations in early life. College I confronted the problem by taking a string of public speaking courses. Problem solved and no pills.
    Reply
    Had the same issues with presentations in early life. College I confronted the problem by taking a string of public speaking courses. Problem solved and no pills.
     
    jmw59
    jmw59
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 14430
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2016 - 12:04 PM ET #5

    Have a degree in speech.  Have to talk to groups just about every week on the job.  Use to get pretty hyped up, but now I'm old and don't have much of a pulse and I stay pretty calm
    Reply
    Have a degree in speech.  Have to talk to groups just about every week on the job.  Use to get pretty hyped up, but now I'm old and don't have much of a pulse and I stay pretty calm
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2016 - 2:29 PM ET #6

    I used to be terrified by this.  Still get a little anxious at time.  Thanks for sharing
    Reply
    I used to be terrified by this.  Still get a little anxious at time.  Thanks for sharing
     
    JOHNNY_ODAE
    JOHNNY_ODAE
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 2605
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2016 - 2:49 PM ET #7

    Early on in life was told to join a Toastmasters club to fight that fear. Worked for me all thru !! . All the best , Johnny.
    Reply
    Early on in life was told to join a Toastmasters club to fight that fear. Worked for me all thru !! . All the best , Johnny.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2016 - 2:49 PM ET #8


    What is this "job" thing of which you speak?


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    What is this "job" thing of which you speak?


     
    jmw59
    jmw59
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 14430
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2016 - 3:34 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    What is this "job" thing of which you speak?


    Public Relations/Media Operations goose

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    What is this "job" thing of which you speak?


    Public Relations/Media Operations goose

     
    jmw59
    jmw59
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 14430
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2016 - 3:35 PM ET #10

    Shrinks do claim that speaking in public is one of the greatest fears most people have

    Reply

    Shrinks do claim that speaking in public is one of the greatest fears most people have

     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2016 - 3:36 PM ET #11

    Had the fear back in college. I could tell a joke, and do some impressions. Declared myself a comedy act, and entered a "talent" show at school. Got onstage, and my 5 minutes felt like 3 hours. Couldn't wait to get off. Finished 2nd  to some dhead that played classical guitar, and had all his dorm fans in attendance.......

    Well, that lit the fire. I worked on my act, took a speaking class, and came back with a vengeance. Next year, next talent show, I destroyed that night!

    I could have done 3 hours, and it would have felt like 5 minutes. They asked me to emcee the following year, and warm the crowd up. Loved it!

    Public speaking scares off most people, but try to keep a few things in mind:

    You're an expert! People want to hear what you have to say

    Or, think of your audience as a bunch of dimwits

    Practice, practice, practice

    No law says you can't have note-cards

    Don't freak about eye contact. Look at the forehead or throat, they'll think you're looking at somebody else.

    If you're going to take questions at the end (expert, remember?) make sure you build in some time for that. 

    Talk on, people


    Reply
    Had the fear back in college. I could tell a joke, and do some impressions. Declared myself a comedy act, and entered a "talent" show at school. Got onstage, and my 5 minutes felt like 3 hours. Couldn't wait to get off. Finished 2nd  to some dhead that played classical guitar, and had all his dorm fans in attendance.......

    Well, that lit the fire. I worked on my act, took a speaking class, and came back with a vengeance. Next year, next talent show, I destroyed that night!

    I could have done 3 hours, and it would have felt like 5 minutes. They asked me to emcee the following year, and warm the crowd up. Loved it!

    Public speaking scares off most people, but try to keep a few things in mind:

    You're an expert! People want to hear what you have to say

    Or, think of your audience as a bunch of dimwits

    Practice, practice, practice

    No law says you can't have note-cards

    Don't freak about eye contact. Look at the forehead or throat, they'll think you're looking at somebody else.

    If you're going to take questions at the end (expert, remember?) make sure you build in some time for that. 

    Talk on, people


     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2016 - 4:01 PM ET #12

    Good stuff Hawk. I attacked my fear in the same way - head on.
    Lack of preparation is when the wheels begin to fall of.. I was paralyzed with fear before I decided to enroll in public speaking 101. I slowly gained more confidence and enrolled in 200 then 300 level course once I was trained up.
    Best professor I ever had in 4 years. Man was a stud and trained us to perfection. 
    Reply
    Good stuff Hawk. I attacked my fear in the same way - head on.
    Lack of preparation is when the wheels begin to fall of.. I was paralyzed with fear before I decided to enroll in public speaking 101. I slowly gained more confidence and enrolled in 200 then 300 level course once I was trained up.
    Best professor I ever had in 4 years. Man was a stud and trained us to perfection. 
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2016 - 4:38 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    Vanzack, you are truly a man of the people, and a great provider of information 

    As long as you are helping others with life issues, perhaps you can suggest a remedy for this ...

    I tend to get the runs after a day of watching football and losing money.
    It is not the runs that I need the help with, as I find that to be cleansing in an odd way. It is the chaffing that comes afterwards.

    It seems that no matter how well I wipe, I still develop a rash between my cheeks afterwards. I utilize the 'paper-wipey-paper' method, whereas I remove the initial larger remnants from the area in question with some Charmin, then I go in with the wipeys, as this really freshens up the sphincter. Then I go back to the Charmin as not to leave the area damp, which could promote bacteria growth, or possibly even mushrooms. 

    As for making sure that I am completely free from dingleberries, and other hanger-oners, I gently insert one wipey covered knuckle into the exit area to ensure that I am tidy and clean. 

    All of this, and I still get butt rashes.

    I truly appreciate any advice you might have on this problem, Vanzack? 

    This is where my area of expertise ends.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    Vanzack, you are truly a man of the people, and a great provider of information 

    As long as you are helping others with life issues, perhaps you can suggest a remedy for this ...

    I tend to get the runs after a day of watching football and losing money.
    It is not the runs that I need the help with, as I find that to be cleansing in an odd way. It is the chaffing that comes afterwards.

    It seems that no matter how well I wipe, I still develop a rash between my cheeks afterwards. I utilize the 'paper-wipey-paper' method, whereas I remove the initial larger remnants from the area in question with some Charmin, then I go in with the wipeys, as this really freshens up the sphincter. Then I go back to the Charmin as not to leave the area damp, which could promote bacteria growth, or possibly even mushrooms. 

    As for making sure that I am completely free from dingleberries, and other hanger-oners, I gently insert one wipey covered knuckle into the exit area to ensure that I am tidy and clean. 

    All of this, and I still get butt rashes.

    I truly appreciate any advice you might have on this problem, Vanzack? 

    This is where my area of expertise ends.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2016 - 4:42 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFootball77:

    Hey Vanzack thanks for the tip, but what is in it for you?


    Will you respond to my post in General Discussion thread titled "Gambling", I'd appreciate your serious input on a very delicate subject. 



    Nothing in it for me except possibly helping someone who needs help.

    I will check out your other thread.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFootball77:

    Hey Vanzack thanks for the tip, but what is in it for you?


    Will you respond to my post in General Discussion thread titled "Gambling", I'd appreciate your serious input on a very delicate subject. 



    Nothing in it for me except possibly helping someone who needs help.

    I will check out your other thread.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2016 - 12:15 PM ET #15

    I agree with all of the comments around expertise and methods.

    Unfortunately - I was so preoccupied with the fear of losing control in that situation that it dominated my ability to be prepared.

    I am just bringing this up as something that worked well for me.  It is a totally inocuous (sp?) pill that you take as needed and has no side effects.  A lot of musicians also take it.

    Some might call it a performance enhancing drug.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    I agree with all of the comments around expertise and methods.

    Unfortunately - I was so preoccupied with the fear of losing control in that situation that it dominated my ability to be prepared.

    I am just bringing this up as something that worked well for me.  It is a totally inocuous (sp?) pill that you take as needed and has no side effects.  A lot of musicians also take it.

    Some might call it a performance enhancing drug.

     
    vegasrebel417
    vegasrebel417
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 792
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2016 - 5:52 PM ET #16

    Vanzack you should do an AMA.
    Reply
    Vanzack you should do an AMA.
     
    Canada_Chris
    Canada_Chris
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2007
    Posts: 2462
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2016 - 10:27 PM ET #17

    This is interesting Vanzack.  I've had struggles with public speaking for as far back as I can remember and understand full well what you're talking about.  It's an awful and embarrassing feeling.  Heck, I even have anxiety in one on one situations sometimes although that has improved over the years.

    I'll look into it!
    Reply
    This is interesting Vanzack.  I've had struggles with public speaking for as far back as I can remember and understand full well what you're talking about.  It's an awful and embarrassing feeling.  Heck, I even have anxiety in one on one situations sometimes although that has improved over the years.

    I'll look into it!
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2016 - 12:41 AM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by nosebleedseat:

    have same issue, is it available over counter?


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by nosebleedseat:

    have same issue, is it available over counter?


     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2016 - 12:55 AM ET #19

    Propanolol is not a drug you just throw down the hatch before a speech. It is a very serious medication that alters your cardiac function. Van I'm sure had a complete exam before the scrip was written. This is not a drug to be taken lightly, it can be lethal.

    There are anti anxiety medications that are much safer. The medication is designed for cardiac patients with patterns of heart fluctuations, hbp, etc...c'mon guys. 

    Reply
    Propanolol is not a drug you just throw down the hatch before a speech. It is a very serious medication that alters your cardiac function. Van I'm sure had a complete exam before the scrip was written. This is not a drug to be taken lightly, it can be lethal.

    There are anti anxiety medications that are much safer. The medication is designed for cardiac patients with patterns of heart fluctuations, hbp, etc...c'mon guys. 

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2016 - 12:26 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    Propanolol is not a drug you just throw down the hatch before a speech. It is a very serious medication that alters your cardiac function. Van I'm sure had a complete exam before the scrip was written. This is not a drug to be taken lightly, it can be lethal.

    There are anti anxiety medications that are much safer. The medication is designed for cardiac patients with patterns of heart fluctuations, hbp, etc...c'mon guys. 


    I am not sure I would go this far Search.

    Of course everyone should do their own research, but I do not think in my research and experience that it is a "lethal" or high side effect drug.  Anyway - everyone should find out for themselves.

    I can tell you my experience - it changed my ability to perform during presentations - and as a result changed my life.  I was able to get jobs I would never have gotten - and excel in those jobs.  It was a total gamechanger for me.

    Like everything in life, take it for what its worth - but I wish someone had told me about it at a younger age.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    Propanolol is not a drug you just throw down the hatch before a speech. It is a very serious medication that alters your cardiac function. Van I'm sure had a complete exam before the scrip was written. This is not a drug to be taken lightly, it can be lethal.

    There are anti anxiety medications that are much safer. The medication is designed for cardiac patients with patterns of heart fluctuations, hbp, etc...c'mon guys. 


    I am not sure I would go this far Search.

    Of course everyone should do their own research, but I do not think in my research and experience that it is a "lethal" or high side effect drug.  Anyway - everyone should find out for themselves.

    I can tell you my experience - it changed my ability to perform during presentations - and as a result changed my life.  I was able to get jobs I would never have gotten - and excel in those jobs.  It was a total gamechanger for me.

    Like everything in life, take it for what its worth - but I wish someone had told me about it at a younger age.

     
     
    Tibbers
    Tibbers
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2014
    Posts: 147
    Posted: Oct. 21, 2016 - 5:30 PM ET #21

    Some people are saying talking to mirror or practicing by speaking in front of your family helps.
    Reply
    Some people are saying talking to mirror or practicing by speaking in front of your family helps.
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,348
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 433
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,862
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,852
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 729
    • PART DEUX 143
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,216
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,149
    • Week 6 Money 7,998

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.