I realize most of this board use offshore accounts, but the following information is for those users who do use proline within the province of Ontario:
this is how the OLG run by the Ontario government is scamming customers by a flaw in their mathematical logic:
today I played a proline ticket (16/8/2016):
I picked the following:
LAD win by 01 (odds 1.40)
TEX win by 01 (odds 1.40)
PIT win by 01 (odds 1.85)
I placed $5 bet on these teams.
When OLG calculates the payout it multiplies the odds by the wager so using their system the payout would be $18
1.4 x 1.4 x 1.85 x 5=18
The actual calculation should be the odds added together multiplied by the wager so the REAL payout should be $23
(1.4+1.4+1.85) x 5 = 23
This flaw does not affect you if you lose, but if you win the OLG will deduct an additional $5 from your payout that should have been returned to you.
When you wager on offshore accounts and you win, you win your original bet plus the odds, OLG has been ripping people off for quite some time. Don't give them any more of your money.
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
I realize most of this board use offshore accounts, but the following information is for those users who do use proline within the province of Ontario:
this is how the OLG run by the Ontario government is scamming customers by a flaw in their mathematical logic:
today I played a proline ticket (16/8/2016):
I picked the following:
LAD win by 01 (odds 1.40)
TEX win by 01 (odds 1.40)
PIT win by 01 (odds 1.85)
I placed $5 bet on these teams.
When OLG calculates the payout it multiplies the odds by the wager so using their system the payout would be $18
1.4 x 1.4 x 1.85 x 5=18
The actual calculation should be the odds added together multiplied by the wager so the REAL payout should be $23
(1.4+1.4+1.85) x 5 = 23
This flaw does not affect you if you lose, but if you win the OLG will deduct an additional $5 from your payout that should have been returned to you.
When you wager on offshore accounts and you win, you win your original bet plus the odds, OLG has been ripping people off for quite some time. Don't give them any more of your money.
well that's partially the problem, u would be correct if proline strictly used whole numbers but it does not use whole numbers and that is why their logic is flawed
well that's partially the problem, u would be correct if proline strictly used whole numbers but it does not use whole numbers and that is why their logic is flawed
I bet online offshore and use decimal odds because I find it easier to run the math than with the American +/- style, and the way OLG calculates the odds is the exact same way it would be calculated online.
Like a few others have said Proline is a complete joke but not for the reasons you think.
"In America, if you win you get your original stake back. IE, if you bet $5 at +200 you get $15 back.
But when you use decimal style, you don't get it back. IE, if you bet $5 at 2.0 you get $10 back."
What thorpe posted above is correct mathematically but odds of +200 is equivalent to decimal odds of 3.0, not 2.0. It's all equivalent, just different ways of expressing things.
I bet online offshore and use decimal odds because I find it easier to run the math than with the American +/- style, and the way OLG calculates the odds is the exact same way it would be calculated online.
Like a few others have said Proline is a complete joke but not for the reasons you think.
"In America, if you win you get your original stake back. IE, if you bet $5 at +200 you get $15 back.
But when you use decimal style, you don't get it back. IE, if you bet $5 at 2.0 you get $10 back."
What thorpe posted above is correct mathematically but odds of +200 is equivalent to decimal odds of 3.0, not 2.0. It's all equivalent, just different ways of expressing things.
back in '93 i cashed a $10 six team proline parlay for $944,640
my odds were 6.0, 5.4, 4.1, 3.2, 5.0 and 4.8 ... a lot of expansion nhl teams won for me.
if proline used your method, i just calculated the hypothetical payout to be $285.
gee wonder what system i would want.
Ah, the good old day of Proline when they have no fecking clue as to what they were doing with the odds. Putting up +500 or higher on NHL dogs. Proline
Quote Originally Posted by James T:
i'll give you an extreme example.
back in '93 i cashed a $10 six team proline parlay for $944,640
my odds were 6.0, 5.4, 4.1, 3.2, 5.0 and 4.8 ... a lot of expansion nhl teams won for me.
if proline used your method, i just calculated the hypothetical payout to be $285.
gee wonder what system i would want.
Ah, the good old day of Proline when they have no fecking clue as to what they were doing with the odds. Putting up +500 or higher on NHL dogs. Proline
I realize most of this board use offshore accounts, but the following information is for those users who do use proline within the province of Ontario:this is how the OLG run by the Ontario government is scamming customers by a flaw in their mathematical logic:today I played a proline ticket (16/8/2016):I picked the following:LAD win by 01 (odds 1.40)TEX win by 01 (odds 1.40)PIT win by 01 (odds 1.85)I placed $5 bet on these teams.When OLG calculates the payout it multiplies the odds by the wager so using their system the payout would be $181.4 x 1.4 x 1.85 x 5=18The actual calculation should be the odds added together multiplied by the wager so the REAL payout should be $23(1.4+1.4+1.85) x 5 = 23This flaw does not affect you if you lose, but if you win the OLG will deduct an additional $5 from your payout that should have been returned to you. When you wager on offshore accounts and you win, you win your original bet plus the odds, OLG has been ripping people off for quite some time. Don't give them any more of your money.
Quote Originally Posted by James T:
not sure i follow... what if instead the odds are 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0?going by your 5 dollar wager:multiply 2x3x4 = 24 x 5 = 120add 2+3+4 = 14 x 5 = 70think you want them to multiply, not add
Quote Originally Posted by James T:
not sure i follow... what if instead the odds are 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0?going by your 5 dollar wager:multiply 2x3x4 = 24 x 5 = 120add 2+3+4 = 14 x 5 = 70think you want them to multiply, not add
Quote Originally Posted by James T:
not sure i follow... what if instead the odds are 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0?going by your 5 dollar wager:multiply 2x3x4 = 24 x 5 = 120add 2+3+4 = 14 x 5 = 70think you want them to multiply, not add
.......OLG is a total scam. When I went to Vegas I played 3 odds tickets and took them to Vegas with me on the plane. They won. I showed them to the seller at the Stratosphere and he calculated what they would have paid in Vegas. They were 4 teasers. All 3 tickets would have paid double in Vegas. They were my last OLG tickets I have ever played. Offshore is way better and soon NY will have legal betting in Niagara Falls NY at Seneca for 2019. OLG is for suckers!!
Quote Originally Posted by Unknownman:
I realize most of this board use offshore accounts, but the following information is for those users who do use proline within the province of Ontario:this is how the OLG run by the Ontario government is scamming customers by a flaw in their mathematical logic:today I played a proline ticket (16/8/2016):I picked the following:LAD win by 01 (odds 1.40)TEX win by 01 (odds 1.40)PIT win by 01 (odds 1.85)I placed $5 bet on these teams.When OLG calculates the payout it multiplies the odds by the wager so using their system the payout would be $181.4 x 1.4 x 1.85 x 5=18The actual calculation should be the odds added together multiplied by the wager so the REAL payout should be $23(1.4+1.4+1.85) x 5 = 23This flaw does not affect you if you lose, but if you win the OLG will deduct an additional $5 from your payout that should have been returned to you. When you wager on offshore accounts and you win, you win your original bet plus the odds, OLG has been ripping people off for quite some time. Don't give them any more of your money.
Quote Originally Posted by James T:
not sure i follow... what if instead the odds are 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0?going by your 5 dollar wager:multiply 2x3x4 = 24 x 5 = 120add 2+3+4 = 14 x 5 = 70think you want them to multiply, not add
Quote Originally Posted by James T:
not sure i follow... what if instead the odds are 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0?going by your 5 dollar wager:multiply 2x3x4 = 24 x 5 = 120add 2+3+4 = 14 x 5 = 70think you want them to multiply, not add
Quote Originally Posted by James T:
not sure i follow... what if instead the odds are 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0?going by your 5 dollar wager:multiply 2x3x4 = 24 x 5 = 120add 2+3+4 = 14 x 5 = 70think you want them to multiply, not add
.......OLG is a total scam. When I went to Vegas I played 3 odds tickets and took them to Vegas with me on the plane. They won. I showed them to the seller at the Stratosphere and he calculated what they would have paid in Vegas. They were 4 teasers. All 3 tickets would have paid double in Vegas. They were my last OLG tickets I have ever played. Offshore is way better and soon NY will have legal betting in Niagara Falls NY at Seneca for 2019. OLG is for suckers!!
not sure i follow... what if instead the odds are 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0?going by your 5 dollar wager:multiply 2x3x4 = 24 x 5 = 120add 2+3+4 = 14 x 5 = 70think you want them to multiply, not add
Take your same ticket to a Vegas casino and ask the seller to calculate your ticket payout if it was played there. You will see a 4 game odds ticket with same teams will pay 50% more in Vegas. I have done it with 3 tickets bought in Ontario before flying there. OLG is a RIP OFF. Simple!
Quote Originally Posted by James T:
not sure i follow... what if instead the odds are 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0?going by your 5 dollar wager:multiply 2x3x4 = 24 x 5 = 120add 2+3+4 = 14 x 5 = 70think you want them to multiply, not add
Take your same ticket to a Vegas casino and ask the seller to calculate your ticket payout if it was played there. You will see a 4 game odds ticket with same teams will pay 50% more in Vegas. I have done it with 3 tickets bought in Ontario before flying there. OLG is a RIP OFF. Simple!