• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Police Harassment Stories - Feel Free To Share Yours

    GimmeMoneyNow
    SteelBucFan
    Allbutbroke
    Hugh_Jorgan
    coldsnap55
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1806
    Posts: 20
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jul. 8, 2016 - 5:02 PM ET #1

    So, in light of what's going on here in America, I felt the need to share one of my run-ins I've had with the police, let me set the stage:

    It's early 90's, I'm 19 years old, and a buddy of mine and I are coming back from a night of skirt-chasing at an 18 and over club that used to be in Hollywood called "Florentine Gardens" (maybe someone remembers it). I'm driving a black on black tricked out '71 Pontiac Grandville - everyone used to call it "The Batmobile".

    Anyways, it's like 2 in the morning and sure enough, I see the lightbar lit up behind me,  so I pull over. Then the million candle power light hits the back window. I think, "No big deal, it is dark out, but I'm not speeding, and neither my buddy or I have had a drink, or do drugs". But then, it becomes a felony stop:

    "DRIVER WITH YOUR RIGHT HAND SLOWLY REMOVE THE KEYS AND THROW THEM OUT THE WINDOW!!!!!! NOW! USING YOUR LEFT HAND SLOWLY OPEN THE DOOR!!!!" etc, etc, until both my friend and I are spread eagle face down on the pavement, and we followed every command to a "T".

    Now, it's 2 or 3 cops with weapons drawn, knees in my back, one with a gun to the back of my head shouting:

    "DON'T MOVE!!!!! DON'T YOU FU##ING MOVE!!!! DO YOU WANNA DIE?!?! DON'T RESIST!!!!!"

    Now, keep in mind, I'm 19, white, still live at home in the lily-white suburbs with my parents, so obviously, I'm scared sh!tless.....

    Meanwhile,  we're handcuffed, my car is thouroghly searched, driver's license, registration, insurance, blah, blah, blah...... They find nothing, because there's nothing to find....

    Handcuffs come off, and we're given some lame excuse about "There was an armed robbery in the area, and we and my car fit the description"......

    Once again, I'm a pretty tall white dude, my buddy was a bodybuilder, so he's all yoked out, and we're driving a tricked out, custom, rare car that I'm sure no one else in the entire state of California owned, and I'm sure none of these cops had seen one before or since....

    Now, had I owned a Go-Pro and had it set up on the dashboard, how many millions could I have sued for? What if I sneezed or something and the cop unloaded on me. It would have been my word (or I'm dead) against his. Not to mention illegal search, P.T.S.D., pain and suffering, the list would go on and on and on.....

    And that's just one instance, from a squeaky-clean white dude......
     
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    So, in light of what's going on here in America, I felt the need to share one of my run-ins I've had with the police, let me set the stage:

    It's early 90's, I'm 19 years old, and a buddy of mine and I are coming back from a night of skirt-chasing at an 18 and over club that used to be in Hollywood called "Florentine Gardens" (maybe someone remembers it). I'm driving a black on black tricked out '71 Pontiac Grandville - everyone used to call it "The Batmobile".

    Anyways, it's like 2 in the morning and sure enough, I see the lightbar lit up behind me,  so I pull over. Then the million candle power light hits the back window. I think, "No big deal, it is dark out, but I'm not speeding, and neither my buddy or I have had a drink, or do drugs". But then, it becomes a felony stop:

    "DRIVER WITH YOUR RIGHT HAND SLOWLY REMOVE THE KEYS AND THROW THEM OUT THE WINDOW!!!!!! NOW! USING YOUR LEFT HAND SLOWLY OPEN THE DOOR!!!!" etc, etc, until both my friend and I are spread eagle face down on the pavement, and we followed every command to a "T".

    Now, it's 2 or 3 cops with weapons drawn, knees in my back, one with a gun to the back of my head shouting:

    "DON'T MOVE!!!!! DON'T YOU FU##ING MOVE!!!! DO YOU WANNA DIE?!?! DON'T RESIST!!!!!"

    Now, keep in mind, I'm 19, white, still live at home in the lily-white suburbs with my parents, so obviously, I'm scared sh!tless.....

    Meanwhile,  we're handcuffed, my car is thouroghly searched, driver's license, registration, insurance, blah, blah, blah...... They find nothing, because there's nothing to find....

    Handcuffs come off, and we're given some lame excuse about "There was an armed robbery in the area, and we and my car fit the description"......

    Once again, I'm a pretty tall white dude, my buddy was a bodybuilder, so he's all yoked out, and we're driving a tricked out, custom, rare car that I'm sure no one else in the entire state of California owned, and I'm sure none of these cops had seen one before or since....

    Now, had I owned a Go-Pro and had it set up on the dashboard, how many millions could I have sued for? What if I sneezed or something and the cop unloaded on me. It would have been my word (or I'm dead) against his. Not to mention illegal search, P.T.S.D., pain and suffering, the list would go on and on and on.....

    And that's just one instance, from a squeaky-clean white dude......
     
     
    SteelBucFan
    SteelBucFan
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 491
    Posted: Jul. 8, 2016 - 8:47 PM ET #2

    Walking home from a night of drinking at the bars on campus.

    Three under cover cars screech up, cops say freeze .

    They take me down and cuff me..check ID ansk me where im coming from.check all my pockets.

    They were looking for a guy who had been raping coeds and i guess had survailence of a certain area .
    They just wanted to shake me down so they could run my ID. 
    They let me go but were trying to decide if they should give me a Pub Intox arrest . Shift top cop came down and said let him go.I was like 3 blocks from home.


    Reply
    Walking home from a night of drinking at the bars on campus.

    Three under cover cars screech up, cops say freeze .

    They take me down and cuff me..check ID ansk me where im coming from.check all my pockets.

    They were looking for a guy who had been raping coeds and i guess had survailence of a certain area .
    They just wanted to shake me down so they could run my ID. 
    They let me go but were trying to decide if they should give me a Pub Intox arrest . Shift top cop came down and said let him go.I was like 3 blocks from home.


     
    Allbutbroke
    Allbutbroke
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2004
    Posts: 4519
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2016 - 9:18 AM ET #3

    What kind of f*cking idiot starts a thread of this nature when families of these officers are dealing with their loved ones. 
    Reply
    What kind of f*cking idiot starts a thread of this nature when families of these officers are dealing with their loved ones. 
     
    Allbutbroke
    Allbutbroke
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2004
    Posts: 4519
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2016 - 9:18 AM ET #4

    Another day, another time for this stuff cement head.
    Reply
    Another day, another time for this stuff cement head.
     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2016 - 10:54 AM ET #5

    GimmeMoney,

    I normally find your posts entertaining, but what were you thinking here?

    As the poster above me just stated, the timing of this thread is terrible 


    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    GimmeMoney,

    I normally find your posts entertaining, but what were you thinking here?

    As the poster above me just stated, the timing of this thread is terrible 


     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2016 - 1:55 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    GimmeMoney,

    I normally find your posts entertaining, but what were you thinking here?

    As the poster above me just stated, the timing of this thread is terrible 



    No way! I figured the timing on this couldn't be more perfect. It's what's all over the news, internet, everywhere. Of course, no disrespect to the friends and families of the fallen officers - and also on the flip side, to the friends and families of those wrongfully murdered by the police. White, Black, whatever, and not just the ones that happen to be caught on camera....

    Like I said in the OP, I'm just one guy, white, and no criminal history or background, I've only dialed 911 once in my entire life (over a bad accident, and I was the only other person around). Yet, I've got at least 5 more stories similar to this one, and I'm sure the majority of posters do too. I figured talking about this and getting it out in the open might help some people see that it's just not black people getting hassled, and it's been going on a lot longer than the invention of the cell phone camera.

    To sum it up, the main point I'm trying to get across is that it says "To Protect, And Serve" right there on the side of the Crown Vic. Not hassle, harass, and murder the general public. And until police "policies" change, and/or the bad cops are tried and punished for their crimes, there's going to be a lot more of this, and possibly next time, a lot worse.....

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    GimmeMoney,

    I normally find your posts entertaining, but what were you thinking here?

    As the poster above me just stated, the timing of this thread is terrible 



    No way! I figured the timing on this couldn't be more perfect. It's what's all over the news, internet, everywhere. Of course, no disrespect to the friends and families of the fallen officers - and also on the flip side, to the friends and families of those wrongfully murdered by the police. White, Black, whatever, and not just the ones that happen to be caught on camera....

    Like I said in the OP, I'm just one guy, white, and no criminal history or background, I've only dialed 911 once in my entire life (over a bad accident, and I was the only other person around). Yet, I've got at least 5 more stories similar to this one, and I'm sure the majority of posters do too. I figured talking about this and getting it out in the open might help some people see that it's just not black people getting hassled, and it's been going on a lot longer than the invention of the cell phone camera.

    To sum it up, the main point I'm trying to get across is that it says "To Protect, And Serve" right there on the side of the Crown Vic. Not hassle, harass, and murder the general public. And until police "policies" change, and/or the bad cops are tried and punished for their crimes, there's going to be a lot more of this, and possibly next time, a lot worse.....

     
    coldsnap55
    coldsnap55
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2004
    Posts: 9818
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2016 - 3:06 PM ET #7

    Racial Police incident in Canada. 


    https://www.metronews.ca/news/ottawa/2016/07/04/video-of-dancing-ottawa-cop-goes-viral.html
    Reply
    Racial Police incident in Canada. 


    https://www.metronews.ca/news/ottawa/2016/07/04/video-of-dancing-ottawa-cop-goes-viral.html
     
    Nut_Flopper
    Nut_Flopper
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 2413
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2016 - 5:39 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:

    So, in light of what's going on here in America, I felt the need to share one of my run-ins I've had with the police, let me set the stage:

    It's early 90's, I'm 19 years old, and a buddy of mine and I are coming back from a night of skirt-chasing at an 18 and over club that used to be in Hollywood called "Florentine Gardens" (maybe someone remembers it). I'm driving a black on black tricked out '71 Pontiac Grandville - everyone used to call it "The Batmobile".

    Anyways, it's like 2 in the morning and sure enough, I see the lightbar lit up behind me,  so I pull over. Then the million candle power light hits the back window. I think, "No big deal, it is dark out, but I'm not speeding, and neither my buddy or I have had a drink, or do drugs". But then, it becomes a felony stop:

    "DRIVER WITH YOUR RIGHT HAND SLOWLY REMOVE THE KEYS AND THROW THEM OUT THE WINDOW!!!!!! NOW! USING YOUR LEFT HAND SLOWLY OPEN THE DOOR!!!!" etc, etc, until both my friend and I are spread eagle face down on the pavement, and we followed every command to a "T".

    Now, it's 2 or 3 cops with weapons drawn, knees in my back, one with a gun to the back of my head shouting:

    "DON'T MOVE!!!!! DON'T YOU FU##ING MOVE!!!! DO YOU WANNA DIE?!?! DON'T RESIST!!!!!"

    Now, keep in mind, I'm 19, white, still live at home in the lily-white suburbs with my parents, so obviously, I'm scared sh!tless.....

    Meanwhile,  we're handcuffed, my car is thouroghly searched, driver's license, registration, insurance, blah, blah, blah...... They find nothing, because there's nothing to find....

    Handcuffs come off, and we're given some lame excuse about "There was an armed robbery in the area, and we and my car fit the description"......

    Once again, I'm a pretty tall white dude, my buddy was a bodybuilder, so he's all yoked out, and we're driving a tricked out, custom, rare car that I'm sure no one else in the entire state of California owned, and I'm sure none of these cops had seen one before or since....

    Now, had I owned a Go-Pro and had it set up on the dashboard, how many millions could I have sued for? What if I sneezed or something and the cop unloaded on me. It would have been my word (or I'm dead) against his. Not to mention illegal search, P.T.S.D., pain and suffering, the list would go on and on and on.....

    And that's just one instance, from a squeaky-clean white dude......
     


    My GF at the time used to drag me to Florentine Gardens, she loved to dance. I hated it.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:

    So, in light of what's going on here in America, I felt the need to share one of my run-ins I've had with the police, let me set the stage:

    It's early 90's, I'm 19 years old, and a buddy of mine and I are coming back from a night of skirt-chasing at an 18 and over club that used to be in Hollywood called "Florentine Gardens" (maybe someone remembers it). I'm driving a black on black tricked out '71 Pontiac Grandville - everyone used to call it "The Batmobile".

    Anyways, it's like 2 in the morning and sure enough, I see the lightbar lit up behind me,  so I pull over. Then the million candle power light hits the back window. I think, "No big deal, it is dark out, but I'm not speeding, and neither my buddy or I have had a drink, or do drugs". But then, it becomes a felony stop:

    "DRIVER WITH YOUR RIGHT HAND SLOWLY REMOVE THE KEYS AND THROW THEM OUT THE WINDOW!!!!!! NOW! USING YOUR LEFT HAND SLOWLY OPEN THE DOOR!!!!" etc, etc, until both my friend and I are spread eagle face down on the pavement, and we followed every command to a "T".

    Now, it's 2 or 3 cops with weapons drawn, knees in my back, one with a gun to the back of my head shouting:

    "DON'T MOVE!!!!! DON'T YOU FU##ING MOVE!!!! DO YOU WANNA DIE?!?! DON'T RESIST!!!!!"

    Now, keep in mind, I'm 19, white, still live at home in the lily-white suburbs with my parents, so obviously, I'm scared sh!tless.....

    Meanwhile,  we're handcuffed, my car is thouroghly searched, driver's license, registration, insurance, blah, blah, blah...... They find nothing, because there's nothing to find....

    Handcuffs come off, and we're given some lame excuse about "There was an armed robbery in the area, and we and my car fit the description"......

    Once again, I'm a pretty tall white dude, my buddy was a bodybuilder, so he's all yoked out, and we're driving a tricked out, custom, rare car that I'm sure no one else in the entire state of California owned, and I'm sure none of these cops had seen one before or since....

    Now, had I owned a Go-Pro and had it set up on the dashboard, how many millions could I have sued for? What if I sneezed or something and the cop unloaded on me. It would have been my word (or I'm dead) against his. Not to mention illegal search, P.T.S.D., pain and suffering, the list would go on and on and on.....

    And that's just one instance, from a squeaky-clean white dude......
     


    My GF at the time used to drag me to Florentine Gardens, she loved to dance. I hated it.

     
    TheBallDontLie
    TheBallDontLie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 4463
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2016 - 5:55 PM ET #9

    None. The only people I know that I personally know that have gotten involved with the police are low lifes that probably deserved it. 
    Reply
    None. The only people I know that I personally know that have gotten involved with the police are low lifes that probably deserved it. 
     
    Allbutbroke
    Allbutbroke
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2004
    Posts: 4519
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2016 - 8:59 PM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBallDontLie:

    None. The only people I know that I personally know that have gotten involved with the police are low lifes that probably deserved it. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBallDontLie:

    None. The only people I know that I personally know that have gotten involved with the police are low lifes that probably deserved it. 

     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2016 - 11:06 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    GimmeMoney,

    I normally find your posts entertaining, but what were you thinking here?

    As the poster above me just stated, the timing of this thread is terrible 


     

    The thread is lame.. and the two first posters take the cake.  Florentine Gardens.  Been there.   The place was one of the places to go dance in 90"s , but c'mon... what a garbage post. 

    The cops are doing their job looking for fools like you and your tricked out car.  You fit the description.  You even said so yourself. 

    F&&ck you.. Not the police !

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    GimmeMoney,

    I normally find your posts entertaining, but what were you thinking here?

    As the poster above me just stated, the timing of this thread is terrible 


     

    The thread is lame.. and the two first posters take the cake.  Florentine Gardens.  Been there.   The place was one of the places to go dance in 90"s , but c'mon... what a garbage post. 

    The cops are doing their job looking for fools like you and your tricked out car.  You fit the description.  You even said so yourself. 

    F&&ck you.. Not the police !

     

     
    Jarrett75
    Jarrett75
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 27902
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2016 - 10:38 AM ET #12

    I have mentioned this story before on here. I was at Myrtle Beach a few years ago and driving down the main drag down there which is Ocean Blvd. It was white bike week and there were lots of loudness around. I heard someone yell at me from a golf cart and it turns out it's MBPD. He yelled at me to pull over, after pulling over he walked up and yelled "didn't you hear me tell you to pull over"? I said yes and I pulled over. He said no before that, I replied no and there are a lot of people yelling and I saw the golf cart, but since when do police drive a golf cart? He then got to the point of why he pulled me over, he says that I almost ran over people in the pedestrian crossing. I told him I always look and the people were on the sidewalk and I didn't see any on the road. I then asked if I could ask him a question, I asked why did he stop me and not the big white SUV that was just feet in front of me. He then got mad, told me to get out of the vehicle, I replied, sir I am just trying to ask a simple question. He told me to get out again and I asked why was he acting like this. He then told me either get out of the car or I will take you out and put his hand on his gun. I looked at the passenger with me and I was like WTF. I got out, didn't make any sudden movements, didn't resist. He told me to put my hands on the vehicle and proceeded to pat me down. At this point I knew I wasn't going to just get a ticket and on my way. I asked him if all Myrtle Beach cops were as big of fool as he was, he said yes, and I yelled to the people standing on the sidewalk watching and "Well welcome to friggin Myrtle Beach. I was then cuffed and taken down an alley to a police car and taken to jail for a few hours. My passenger was crying asking why were they being like this, where were they taking me. He told her to get in the vehicle and leave or she would go with me and the vehicle impounded. The cop was black and had fingerless gloves on and was a prick. All this for driving down the road. But note I didn't resist and know if I did, I might get beaten own and would have deserved it. Also while this guy was a prick, I knew he was one of a few, not the majority. I still respect them and the difficult job they do.
    Reply
    I have mentioned this story before on here. I was at Myrtle Beach a few years ago and driving down the main drag down there which is Ocean Blvd. It was white bike week and there were lots of loudness around. I heard someone yell at me from a golf cart and it turns out it's MBPD. He yelled at me to pull over, after pulling over he walked up and yelled "didn't you hear me tell you to pull over"? I said yes and I pulled over. He said no before that, I replied no and there are a lot of people yelling and I saw the golf cart, but since when do police drive a golf cart? He then got to the point of why he pulled me over, he says that I almost ran over people in the pedestrian crossing. I told him I always look and the people were on the sidewalk and I didn't see any on the road. I then asked if I could ask him a question, I asked why did he stop me and not the big white SUV that was just feet in front of me. He then got mad, told me to get out of the vehicle, I replied, sir I am just trying to ask a simple question. He told me to get out again and I asked why was he acting like this. He then told me either get out of the car or I will take you out and put his hand on his gun. I looked at the passenger with me and I was like WTF. I got out, didn't make any sudden movements, didn't resist. He told me to put my hands on the vehicle and proceeded to pat me down. At this point I knew I wasn't going to just get a ticket and on my way. I asked him if all Myrtle Beach cops were as big of fool as he was, he said yes, and I yelled to the people standing on the sidewalk watching and "Well welcome to friggin Myrtle Beach. I was then cuffed and taken down an alley to a police car and taken to jail for a few hours. My passenger was crying asking why were they being like this, where were they taking me. He told her to get in the vehicle and leave or she would go with me and the vehicle impounded. The cop was black and had fingerless gloves on and was a prick. All this for driving down the road. But note I didn't resist and know if I did, I might get beaten own and would have deserved it. Also while this guy was a prick, I knew he was one of a few, not the majority. I still respect them and the difficult job they do.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2016 - 12:40 PM ET #13


    Got in some huge trouble up in Ontario one time.

    Cop got me 8kph over the limit and boy was he ever pizzed off.

    Then I mentioned my covers brother "Allbutbroke".

    Well, suddenly everything just turned to rainbows and unicorns.

    Cop even gave me an escort down to the Ambassador Bridge.

    Thank God "Allbutbroke" blows, er knows Ontario Cops.

    Sure saved my life. .


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Got in some huge trouble up in Ontario one time.

    Cop got me 8kph over the limit and boy was he ever pizzed off.

    Then I mentioned my covers brother "Allbutbroke".

    Well, suddenly everything just turned to rainbows and unicorns.

    Cop even gave me an escort down to the Ambassador Bridge.

    Thank God "Allbutbroke" blows, er knows Ontario Cops.

    Sure saved my life. .


     
    mainman11111
    mainman11111
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 1083
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2016 - 1:32 PM ET #14

    Reply
     
    mainman11111
    mainman11111
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 1083
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2016 - 1:41 PM ET #15

    here are some stories i heard:

    dude is moving in a small civic across town to avoid rent burden, so hes moving in a small civic! he hauls all the stuff in the car and then an officer orders him to pull over engine off and toss his keys out of car and does full search makes the dude take everything out of the car slowly

    another one is a dude and his son are driving at night (late) and get sirened for no reason. officer makes the son get out while the father is inside. the two officers take turns yelling at the son for no reason. i guess they wanted to have some fun w the son.


    another one is unmarked car brake checks a car in a residential area twice. so the guy gets pissed and goes ahead of the unmarked car and the guy in the unmarked puts his sirens and everything.

    another one is a prank calling calls in knowing this dude at the corner store has a gun 'hey this guy is selling cds and threatens a man w gun' and the officers come and bother the peaceful cd selling man and shoot the man. the cd selling man wonders why the officers came to bother him because he didnt threaten anyone that day w a gun.


    too many stories. i'll leave it at here
    Reply
    here are some stories i heard:

    dude is moving in a small civic across town to avoid rent burden, so hes moving in a small civic! he hauls all the stuff in the car and then an officer orders him to pull over engine off and toss his keys out of car and does full search makes the dude take everything out of the car slowly

    another one is a dude and his son are driving at night (late) and get sirened for no reason. officer makes the son get out while the father is inside. the two officers take turns yelling at the son for no reason. i guess they wanted to have some fun w the son.


    another one is unmarked car brake checks a car in a residential area twice. so the guy gets pissed and goes ahead of the unmarked car and the guy in the unmarked puts his sirens and everything.

    another one is a prank calling calls in knowing this dude at the corner store has a gun 'hey this guy is selling cds and threatens a man w gun' and the officers come and bother the peaceful cd selling man and shoot the man. the cd selling man wonders why the officers came to bother him because he didnt threaten anyone that day w a gun.


    too many stories. i'll leave it at here
     
    mainman11111
    mainman11111
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 1083
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2016 - 1:57 PM ET #16

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySS6KOp6wPY


    ^ holy smokes. this one is sad
    Reply
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySS6KOp6wPY


    ^ holy smokes. this one is sad
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2016 - 2:27 PM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by Rush51:

     

    The cops are doing their job looking for fools like you and your tricked out car.  You fit the description.  You even said so yourself. 

    F&&ck you.. Not the police !

     


    I do like to discuss differing opinions, but I think you may have missed the point on this. There was no "description" that we "fit", because I'm pretty sure there was no "armed robbery" that even took place. Judging by the time of night, where we were, and what we were driving, this was a total shakedown, and illegal search and seizure on top of it. I'm sure they expected to find drugs, or me above a .08, or one of us had an outstanding warrant, and I'm sure 99.9% of the time, they do.

    But.....

    We were that 0.01% that caught them off guard and they backpedaled with some made up bulls#it - AFTER the gun to my head and car search without my consent. 

    You know, I would of had more respect if they would've said, "This is Officer So-&-So's first day, so we wanted to show him what a felony stop looks like" or, when I finally asked why I was pulled over, one of the cops took out his night stick, busted my tail light, and said, " Seems you gotta broken tail light, boy......"

    And finally, once again, I've got a few more stories similar to this if anyone's interested
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush51:

     

    The cops are doing their job looking for fools like you and your tricked out car.  You fit the description.  You even said so yourself. 

    F&&ck you.. Not the police !

     


    I do like to discuss differing opinions, but I think you may have missed the point on this. There was no "description" that we "fit", because I'm pretty sure there was no "armed robbery" that even took place. Judging by the time of night, where we were, and what we were driving, this was a total shakedown, and illegal search and seizure on top of it. I'm sure they expected to find drugs, or me above a .08, or one of us had an outstanding warrant, and I'm sure 99.9% of the time, they do.

    But.....

    We were that 0.01% that caught them off guard and they backpedaled with some made up bulls#it - AFTER the gun to my head and car search without my consent. 

    You know, I would of had more respect if they would've said, "This is Officer So-&-So's first day, so we wanted to show him what a felony stop looks like" or, when I finally asked why I was pulled over, one of the cops took out his night stick, busted my tail light, and said, " Seems you gotta broken tail light, boy......"

    And finally, once again, I've got a few more stories similar to this if anyone's interested
     
    SwishSwish1234
    SwishSwish1234
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 3173
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2016 - 6:05 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    Got in some huge trouble up in Ontario one time.

    Cop got me 8kph over the limit and boy was he ever pizzed off.

    Then I mentioned my covers brother "Allbutbroke".

    Well, suddenly everything just turned to rainbows and unicorns.

    Cop even gave me an escort down to the Ambassador Bridge.


    Thank God "Allbutbroke" blows, er knows Ontario Cops.

    Sure saved my life. .



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    Got in some huge trouble up in Ontario one time.

    Cop got me 8kph over the limit and boy was he ever pizzed off.

    Then I mentioned my covers brother "Allbutbroke".

    Well, suddenly everything just turned to rainbows and unicorns.

    Cop even gave me an escort down to the Ambassador Bridge.


    Thank God "Allbutbroke" blows, er knows Ontario Cops.

    Sure saved my life. .



     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2016 - 7:04 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by mainman11111:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySS6KOp6wPY


    ^ holy smokes. this one is sad



    And for every one of these there are a thousand more.  The answer?  Police have to Police themselves and remove these scum from the Force.  Within all Departments there are Policemen who don't deserve the honor and privilege to wear the Badge.  Certain people are JUST NOT qualified to be Police Officers.  WEED THEM OUT.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mainman11111:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySS6KOp6wPY


    ^ holy smokes. this one is sad



    And for every one of these there are a thousand more.  The answer?  Police have to Police themselves and remove these scum from the Force.  Within all Departments there are Policemen who don't deserve the honor and privilege to wear the Badge.  Certain people are JUST NOT qualified to be Police Officers.  WEED THEM OUT.
     
     
    MullerRose
    MullerRose
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2016
    Posts: 192
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2016 - 9:44 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by Allbutbroke:

    What kind of f*cking idiot starts a thread of this nature when families of these officers are dealing with their loved ones. 

    I know right! How insensitive... 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Allbutbroke:

    What kind of f*cking idiot starts a thread of this nature when families of these officers are dealing with their loved ones. 

    I know right! How insensitive... 
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,352
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 433
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,875
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 834
    • PART DEUX 145
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,853
    • Week 6 Money 8,213
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,199
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,216

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.