In general, is it better to take a better spread or less juice? Example: PK at -115 or -1 at -110?
Points of Juice?
Are you asking do I want to play team A at pk -$115.00 to win $100.00 or do I bet on team A at -1 $110. to win $100.00. To me I think I would know what team I think was going to win the game at that line , but it makes a bit difference if your betting 10 bucks or 1000. If it were me and it was my only play of the day and it was basketball or football I would pay the 110 to win a 100. I just think I would have it I my head who's going to win s/u and at -1 , I would take the chance for 5 bucks.
Are you asking do I want to play team A at pk -$115.00 to win $100.00 or do I bet on team A at -1 $110. to win $100.00. To me I think I would know what team I think was going to win the game at that line , but it makes a bit difference if your betting 10 bucks or 1000. If it were me and it was my only play of the day and it was basketball or football I would pay the 110 to win a 100. I just think I would have it I my head who's going to win s/u and at -1 , I would take the chance for 5 bucks.
Bottom line....cash tickets.
Wrong..
The question becomes: "Where do you stop buying points?" I know the OP isn't buying points but lets say, the line is:
-3 (-110)
The next price is:
-2.5 (115)
-2 (-120) and so on..
If the goal is to cash tickets, they why not bet a -500 bet every time, so you can win? Ever hear of that "magic" percentage that keeps getting repeated over and over again? The "you only have to beat 52.38% of your bets at -110 in order to be considered a winning bettor?" How do we get that 52.38%
The answer is this.
% of bets required to beat the juice formula:
(price) / ((1+(price)) x 100
In this case, the "price" is the juice. So:
(1.10) / ((1+(1.10)) x 100 =52.38%
At a price of -115 you have to beat:
(1.15) / ((1+(1.15)) x 100 = 53.48%
From there on, you can calculate other percentages needed to beat the vig. That's why you NEVER buy points and always "shop" for lines at different books and anticipate line movements. When a line moves, you can get a better line without paying more juice or a possibly worse line. Obviously anticipating line movement comes with experience and time.
The honest truth is that the majority of bettors will NEVER beat that 52.38% let alone any higher required percentage to win..
Take the -1 at -110..
Bottom line....cash tickets.
Wrong..
The question becomes: "Where do you stop buying points?" I know the OP isn't buying points but lets say, the line is:
-3 (-110)
The next price is:
-2.5 (115)
-2 (-120) and so on..
If the goal is to cash tickets, they why not bet a -500 bet every time, so you can win? Ever hear of that "magic" percentage that keeps getting repeated over and over again? The "you only have to beat 52.38% of your bets at -110 in order to be considered a winning bettor?" How do we get that 52.38%
The answer is this.
% of bets required to beat the juice formula:
(price) / ((1+(price)) x 100
In this case, the "price" is the juice. So:
(1.10) / ((1+(1.10)) x 100 =52.38%
At a price of -115 you have to beat:
(1.15) / ((1+(1.15)) x 100 = 53.48%
From there on, you can calculate other percentages needed to beat the vig. That's why you NEVER buy points and always "shop" for lines at different books and anticipate line movements. When a line moves, you can get a better line without paying more juice or a possibly worse line. Obviously anticipating line movement comes with experience and time.
The honest truth is that the majority of bettors will NEVER beat that 52.38% let alone any higher required percentage to win..
Take the -1 at -110..
Roid head ,
muscle on top of muscle ,
annoyed when I rush and fumble , humbled , joy is something for others oughta shuffle
dropped too many tuddies too ball is made a butter
awful hustle ,
I’m the fucck around dude , the lost cause , wrong is the way i judge ‘em
Want proof ?
It’s the way I take my juice , the laws say I lose but I say fucck’em
desire to sip , wired to gorge ,
liars enforce tired “ wise words “ with force
The enforcement pays a fine , I’ll find you in court , tortured and extorted a cryin limp dork
stickin in the needle , it goes in with a villainous pinch
need pills and a spliff plus a little whiskey mixed in to fix what it did
shivering bitcch
ice cold
you know how the night goes
2 and 5 but with the extra juice you just died
Lucifer’s ride but you’re too confused with too much pride to rewind and let it subside
and the chase is on
days awake , an unshaven fog , the crater , the cross , make you find a savior to make payments for the loss
lost , prayin but it’s gone , stay away from the OJ you ain’t Kato Kaelin ok boss ?
Roid head ,
muscle on top of muscle ,
annoyed when I rush and fumble , humbled , joy is something for others oughta shuffle
dropped too many tuddies too ball is made a butter
awful hustle ,
I’m the fucck around dude , the lost cause , wrong is the way i judge ‘em
Want proof ?
It’s the way I take my juice , the laws say I lose but I say fucck’em
desire to sip , wired to gorge ,
liars enforce tired “ wise words “ with force
The enforcement pays a fine , I’ll find you in court , tortured and extorted a cryin limp dork
stickin in the needle , it goes in with a villainous pinch
need pills and a spliff plus a little whiskey mixed in to fix what it did
shivering bitcch
ice cold
you know how the night goes
2 and 5 but with the extra juice you just died
Lucifer’s ride but you’re too confused with too much pride to rewind and let it subside
and the chase is on
days awake , an unshaven fog , the crater , the cross , make you find a savior to make payments for the loss
lost , prayin but it’s gone , stay away from the OJ you ain’t Kato Kaelin ok boss ?
Hot Forum Topics
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
