Pebble Beach or St. Andrews?
I'd consider Bandon Dunes. It's, depending on what publication you read, the top golf resort in the world. I've been there twice & all four courses are top notch.....& the par 3 course is cool too. They do a lot of things right there........great customer service. It's all walking though.....no carts.
I'd consider Bandon Dunes. It's, depending on what publication you read, the top golf resort in the world. I've been there twice & all four courses are top notch.....& the par 3 course is cool too. They do a lot of things right there........great customer service. It's all walking though.....no carts.
The other consideration is the weather......you're NEVER guaranteed any sun in Scotland, whereas in Monterrey or other areas of the west coast (southern Oregon included) you can play pretty much year round. I went to Bandon with a group that always goes at the end of February because the rates are good. We got a room for three nights, a round on each of the four courses + a round on the par 3 course, breakfast every day & a couple dinners for around $1000 each. We had one bad day of weather each time but mostly temps around 55-60 & some breeze. It's beautiful.
The other consideration is the weather......you're NEVER guaranteed any sun in Scotland, whereas in Monterrey or other areas of the west coast (southern Oregon included) you can play pretty much year round. I went to Bandon with a group that always goes at the end of February because the rates are good. We got a room for three nights, a round on each of the four courses + a round on the par 3 course, breakfast every day & a couple dinners for around $1000 each. We had one bad day of weather each time but mostly temps around 55-60 & some breeze. It's beautiful.
Never have I been a good Golfer. Twenty years ago I teed off on a short Par Three. Pulled a 7-Iron to the left of the Green. It bounced off a sprinkler head and bounded about 30 feet to the right hitting the Pin about two inches high and dropped in the hole for an Ace. A hole-in-one without touching the Green. It then struck me how silly this game of Golf. After that round I hung'em up and never played again.
To answer your question, I'd play them both.
Never have I been a good Golfer. Twenty years ago I teed off on a short Par Three. Pulled a 7-Iron to the left of the Green. It bounced off a sprinkler head and bounded about 30 feet to the right hitting the Pin about two inches high and dropped in the hole for an Ace. A hole-in-one without touching the Green. It then struck me how silly this game of Golf. After that round I hung'em up and never played again.
To answer your question, I'd play them both.
Mugg: I just feel there isn't anything left to achieve. Once you've climbed Mount Everest it's done, isn't it? If I ever bowled a 300 that would be the end also.
sw: That cracks me up. Just watched Happy Gilmore again this morning. LOL.
Mugg: I just feel there isn't anything left to achieve. Once you've climbed Mount Everest it's done, isn't it? If I ever bowled a 300 that would be the end also.
sw: That cracks me up. Just watched Happy Gilmore again this morning. LOL.
Never have I been a good Golfer. Twenty years ago I teed off on a short Par Three. Pulled a 7-Iron to the left of the Green. It bounced off a sprinkler head and bounded about 30 feet to the right hitting the Pin about two inches high and dropped in the hole for an Ace. A hole-in-one without touching the Green. It then struck me how silly this game of Golf. After that round I hung'em up and never played again.
To answer your question, I'd play them both.
Never have I been a good Golfer. Twenty years ago I teed off on a short Par Three. Pulled a 7-Iron to the left of the Green. It bounced off a sprinkler head and bounded about 30 feet to the right hitting the Pin about two inches high and dropped in the hole for an Ace. A hole-in-one without touching the Green. It then struck me how silly this game of Golf. After that round I hung'em up and never played again.
To answer your question, I'd play them both.
- You could argue, along the Pacific Ocean, you have the most beautiful views on any golf course in the World.
- Wonder where Brandon Dunes got their idea?

- Hey, enjoy getting out of your first pothole bunker when you're at St. Andrews. You're on the green, but there's another flag there? It's a "shared" green? Huh?
- After the round, relax with a cigar and some fine Single Malt at The Lodge at Pebble..........ocean view
- After golf, you can head North to the wine country of California. Sonoma and Napa county. You can buy wine there you can't get anywhere else. Estate bottled, sold only at the winery itself.
- How nice is it? Well, they grow grapes there, obviously. And when the Original Bachelor, Derek Jeter finally decided to get married, where'd it happen? Napa........
- Done at St. Andrews? Oh, look, there's a pub.....

- You could argue, along the Pacific Ocean, you have the most beautiful views on any golf course in the World.
- Wonder where Brandon Dunes got their idea?

- Hey, enjoy getting out of your first pothole bunker when you're at St. Andrews. You're on the green, but there's another flag there? It's a "shared" green? Huh?
- After the round, relax with a cigar and some fine Single Malt at The Lodge at Pebble..........ocean view
- After golf, you can head North to the wine country of California. Sonoma and Napa county. You can buy wine there you can't get anywhere else. Estate bottled, sold only at the winery itself.
- How nice is it? Well, they grow grapes there, obviously. And when the Original Bachelor, Derek Jeter finally decided to get married, where'd it happen? Napa........
- Done at St. Andrews? Oh, look, there's a pub.....

- Wonder where Brandon Dunes got their idea?

Actually, Bandon Dunes is modeled after some of the Scottish links courses that also border the sea, or "Firths" if you will. The courses there, with the exception of maybe Bandon Trails, are sandy, links-style courses. Old Mcdonald is a friggin bear, the toughest course there imo.
To be honest, though, the scenery off the coast of southern Oregon is nothing like what you see at PB......it's rather barren. There's a lighthouse to the north but other than that it's just the beach & the Pacific as far as you can see. But it's very serene......no houses in sight, no traffic, no carts.....just the sound of the ocean crashing onto the beach.
- Wonder where Brandon Dunes got their idea?

Actually, Bandon Dunes is modeled after some of the Scottish links courses that also border the sea, or "Firths" if you will. The courses there, with the exception of maybe Bandon Trails, are sandy, links-style courses. Old Mcdonald is a friggin bear, the toughest course there imo.
To be honest, though, the scenery off the coast of southern Oregon is nothing like what you see at PB......it's rather barren. There's a lighthouse to the north but other than that it's just the beach & the Pacific as far as you can see. But it's very serene......no houses in sight, no traffic, no carts.....just the sound of the ocean crashing onto the beach.
Hot Forum Topics
- 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,352
- Thursday 10/08/2026 433
- 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,875
- TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 834
- PART DEUX 145
- I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,853
- Week 6 Money 8,213
- 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
- NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,199
- NFL LOCKED IN! 105,216
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
