I recently received an email from Coinbase stating that I may have to pay taxes on my Bitcoin transactions. I have cashed out a few times in Bitcoin with my Bovada account in 2019. ( Neither times were from winnings, just cashed out when I broke even)
Doesa anyone know if I need to pay taxes on my Bitcoin withdrawals?
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
I recently received an email from Coinbase stating that I may have to pay taxes on my Bitcoin transactions. I have cashed out a few times in Bitcoin with my Bovada account in 2019. ( Neither times were from winnings, just cashed out when I broke even)
Doesa anyone know if I need to pay taxes on my Bitcoin withdrawals?
You can report it as a profit/loss for taxes. you only owe tax if you had a gain. you could report it like an investment like stocks, or if you're trading a lot, you could treat it as a side business and can offset your taxes with a loss.
You can report it as a profit/loss for taxes. you only owe tax if you had a gain. you could report it like an investment like stocks, or if you're trading a lot, you could treat it as a side business and can offset your taxes with a loss.