• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Online poker - Chargeback scenario

    Hangry11
    StumpTownStu
    thorpe
    666LES
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 3845
    Posts: 6
     
    Hangry11
    Hangry11
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2017
    Posts: 7
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2017 - 9:12 PM ET #1

    Hello, I am looking for some guidance in terms of how to go about my current situation.

    Long story short, I made deposits and withdrawals to numerous (illegal) poker sites. All in all, I was down roughly 1,000. However, I no longer have access to one of my accounts which had about $4,000 in it which was wrongfully deactivated by the poker room. Not to mention I recognized a couple random charges that seem to be COMPLETELY fraudulent.

    Anyways, my only way to proceed in my mind is to chargeback the two cards I used to make the deposits in the first place. I have numerous questions:

    How long should I go back in terms of the chargebacks? (First deposit was made 10-25-2016, last deposit made 7-21-2017... On 1 debt card and 1 credit card)

    What should be my explanation be to my bank/CC company? (Should I admit to a few charges, but chargeback the remainder? Should I just deny the amount of the charges, The corresponding merchant, etc.? )


    I am really confused about how to proceed. Obviously, something needs to be done. But with all of the grey area in terms of the law associated with online casinos, credit cards it makes it very difficult for me to recoup MY MONEY! Last thing to give some context I made about 85 deposits that came from about 20 different billing descriptors.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Hello, I am looking for some guidance in terms of how to go about my current situation.

    Long story short, I made deposits and withdrawals to numerous (illegal) poker sites. All in all, I was down roughly 1,000. However, I no longer have access to one of my accounts which had about $4,000 in it which was wrongfully deactivated by the poker room. Not to mention I recognized a couple random charges that seem to be COMPLETELY fraudulent.

    Anyways, my only way to proceed in my mind is to chargeback the two cards I used to make the deposits in the first place. I have numerous questions:

    How long should I go back in terms of the chargebacks? (First deposit was made 10-25-2016, last deposit made 7-21-2017... On 1 debt card and 1 credit card)

    What should be my explanation be to my bank/CC company? (Should I admit to a few charges, but chargeback the remainder? Should I just deny the amount of the charges, The corresponding merchant, etc.? )


    I am really confused about how to proceed. Obviously, something needs to be done. But with all of the grey area in terms of the law associated with online casinos, credit cards it makes it very difficult for me to recoup MY MONEY! Last thing to give some context I made about 85 deposits that came from about 20 different billing descriptors.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2017 - 9:40 PM ET #2

    Chalk it up to a loss. A small price to pay to avoid the bank, and subsequently law enforcement, crawling up your @ss. You've got charges going back almost a year. Is the bank suppose to believe you just now realized that you had fraudulent charges?
    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply
    Chalk it up to a loss. A small price to pay to avoid the bank, and subsequently law enforcement, crawling up your @ss. You've got charges going back almost a year. Is the bank suppose to believe you just now realized that you had fraudulent charges?
     
    thorpe
    thorpe
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 12927
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2017 - 9:13 AM ET #3

    What reason did the poker room give for taking your 4000?  Where were the "completely fraudulent" charges made?

    I don't know if you have a legitimate beef with the poker room, or if you are a sore loser, but there are so many sore losers out there trying to recoup their losses that will make it tough for you if you have a legit beef.

    The poker room will say you made these charges dating back a year.  All the charges went into your account and originated from your computer.  How can there be fraud?
    Reply
    What reason did the poker room give for taking your 4000?  Where were the "completely fraudulent" charges made?

    I don't know if you have a legitimate beef with the poker room, or if you are a sore loser, but there are so many sore losers out there trying to recoup their losses that will make it tough for you if you have a legit beef.

    The poker room will say you made these charges dating back a year.  All the charges went into your account and originated from your computer.  How can there be fraud?
     
    Hangry11
    Hangry11
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2017
    Posts: 7
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2017 - 1:15 PM ET #4

    Poker Rooms response was that I was linked to multiple accounts which is not true. They only way I can see this is if somebody used my card on another account which would explain the couple small charges that were not from me (totaling $75 from the same merchant)


    It is actually an unusual circumstance because I played at one room (dating back 10 months) with no issues. I am not intending to chargeback those transactions. then I deposited to another room (different billing descriptors from prior room) about 45 days ago,  which is where I've had all these issues. The total charges were a little over $1,000. 

    So my thought was, if I just. Chargeback this fraudulent site, will I be heavily questioned on the previous transactions that reflect similar spending patterns. 

    Thanks for all your help. 
    Reply
    Poker Rooms response was that I was linked to multiple accounts which is not true. They only way I can see this is if somebody used my card on another account which would explain the couple small charges that were not from me (totaling $75 from the same merchant)


    It is actually an unusual circumstance because I played at one room (dating back 10 months) with no issues. I am not intending to chargeback those transactions. then I deposited to another room (different billing descriptors from prior room) about 45 days ago,  which is where I've had all these issues. The total charges were a little over $1,000. 

    So my thought was, if I just. Chargeback this fraudulent site, will I be heavily questioned on the previous transactions that reflect similar spending patterns. 

    Thanks for all your help. 
     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2017 - 3:15 PM ET #5

    I did a chargeback once due to a fraudulent action by the agent and the only matter that was discussed was the actions of this agent.Even if you did 50 charges to similar agents or the same agent the baring of those charges have nothing to do with this one.
    If I were questioned about these other charges,I would respond that there is no malice involved with these charges.
    The Poker Room charge and your response "My dog charged the accounts and ate the receipts" is alittle sketchy.
    Reply
    I did a chargeback once due to a fraudulent action by the agent and the only matter that was discussed was the actions of this agent.Even if you did 50 charges to similar agents or the same agent the baring of those charges have nothing to do with this one.
    If I were questioned about these other charges,I would respond that there is no malice involved with these charges.
    The Poker Room charge and your response "My dog charged the accounts and ate the receipts" is alittle sketchy.
     
     
    Hangry11
    Hangry11
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2017
    Posts: 7
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2017 - 5:06 PM ET #6

    Thanks for the response 666. I don't quite get what your suggesting on your the last sentence of your post. Could you elaborate?
    Reply
    Thanks for the response 666. I don't quite get what your suggesting on your the last sentence of your post. Could you elaborate?
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,911
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,619
    • MLB Playoffs 16,999
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 446
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 308
    • PART DEUX 140
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,388
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,367
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,158
    • NFL WEEK 5 ........................2026 1,492

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.