• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    No more "Draft Kings" for me!!!

    Ordell_Robbie
    sports_Network
    SportsFan9698
    mightiestmojo
    BWS77
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1452
    Posts: 11
     
    Ordell_Robbie
    Ordell_Robbie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 1137
    Posted: Oct. 19, 2015 - 11:59 PM ET #1

    I entered a $300 contest where there were supposed to be 3145 entries but only 2929 people signed up for that particular called "The NFL $850k Blitz". At one point I was number 367/2929 with the amount of points I had but by the end of Sunday night I was number 409/2929

    SOMEHOW,,,,OVERNIGHT,,,I went from #440 on the list to #509......That's OVERNIGHT with no games playing. Then within the last 5 minutes of Sunday Nights game I had moved to #636 on the list (remember there were only 650 positions paid)...I ended up #668 and did NOT win anything.

    I am not being a sore loser when I write this because I have both won and lost but I think this has to be rigged. The website engineers could employ several different strategies to do so. Since it isn't regulated, they aren't really held to any standards and talk (and sometimes even print) is cheap.

    Most people will say that out of the original amount of enrollees some are bound to have some good and random picks but I'm saying there were almost 300 guys that ended up with over 180 fantasy points on a 9 player league. In my opinion, for a $300 game, that's an unusual amount of well rounded ingenious handicappers consolidated into ONE game. I ended up with 165 points and that's not too shabby!!! No,,,,in my non professional opinion,,,,there is definitely something wrong there.





    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I entered a $300 contest where there were supposed to be 3145 entries but only 2929 people signed up for that particular called "The NFL $850k Blitz". At one point I was number 367/2929 with the amount of points I had but by the end of Sunday night I was number 409/2929

    SOMEHOW,,,,OVERNIGHT,,,I went from #440 on the list to #509......That's OVERNIGHT with no games playing. Then within the last 5 minutes of Sunday Nights game I had moved to #636 on the list (remember there were only 650 positions paid)...I ended up #668 and did NOT win anything.

    I am not being a sore loser when I write this because I have both won and lost but I think this has to be rigged. The website engineers could employ several different strategies to do so. Since it isn't regulated, they aren't really held to any standards and talk (and sometimes even print) is cheap.

    Most people will say that out of the original amount of enrollees some are bound to have some good and random picks but I'm saying there were almost 300 guys that ended up with over 180 fantasy points on a 9 player league. In my opinion, for a $300 game, that's an unusual amount of well rounded ingenious handicappers consolidated into ONE game. I ended up with 165 points and that's not too shabby!!! No,,,,in my non professional opinion,,,,there is definitely something wrong there.





     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Oct. 20, 2015 - 6:31 AM ET #2

    Wrong? this is the biggest (legal) scam on the planet, and to top it of...it's totally unregulated, good to see someone come forward and explain in there "non professional opinion" a professional commentary, and a warning to those that are even thinking about participating in DraftKings...wait until you actually WIN, and end up getting nowhere near what you expected by there own confirmation, it has already been disclosed that DK employees are stealing the company blind, and there's really nothing anyone can do to stop them, it will take a while, but this Bullshitt will soon come to an abrupt halt, DraftKing has seen their final days...forget about them! get your money and run..they've already been banned in 8 states and counting...take care
    Reply
    Wrong? this is the biggest (legal) scam on the planet, and to top it of...it's totally unregulated, good to see someone come forward and explain in there "non professional opinion" a professional commentary, and a warning to those that are even thinking about participating in DraftKings...wait until you actually WIN, and end up getting nowhere near what you expected by there own confirmation, it has already been disclosed that DK employees are stealing the company blind, and there's really nothing anyone can do to stop them, it will take a while, but this Bullshitt will soon come to an abrupt halt, DraftKing has seen their final days...forget about them! get your money and run..they've already been banned in 8 states and counting...take care
     
    SportsFan9698
    SportsFan9698
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 5575
    Posted: Oct. 20, 2015 - 9:18 AM ET #3

    The only surprising thing to me is that most people from the onset think these daily fantasy games must be honest.  They are not.

    They claim to have a 30% vig - but I'm telling you it is more along the lines of 80%.  To add to that, there is now evidence that there is insider trading in the companies.  Nobody in the public stands a chance of winning.

    I am the commissioner of our private FFL.  I am proud of this, and we have been playing fantasy football since 1991.  In the early days, I would have to wait for the next days newspaper and score the results by hand on paper.  Today I host the league on cbssports.com.  6/10 of the team owners are lifelong school buddies, and we do this to keep in touch as everybody is all over the country now.

    The vig in our league - 0% all money is paid out minus the $160 fee for the internet hosting.  That is how fantasy football should be played imo
    Reply
    The only surprising thing to me is that most people from the onset think these daily fantasy games must be honest.  They are not.

    They claim to have a 30% vig - but I'm telling you it is more along the lines of 80%.  To add to that, there is now evidence that there is insider trading in the companies.  Nobody in the public stands a chance of winning.

    I am the commissioner of our private FFL.  I am proud of this, and we have been playing fantasy football since 1991.  In the early days, I would have to wait for the next days newspaper and score the results by hand on paper.  Today I host the league on cbssports.com.  6/10 of the team owners are lifelong school buddies, and we do this to keep in touch as everybody is all over the country now.

    The vig in our league - 0% all money is paid out minus the $160 fee for the internet hosting.  That is how fantasy football should be played imo
     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Oct. 20, 2015 - 9:36 AM ET #4

    SportsFan,
    Absolutely 
    Reply
    SportsFan,
    Absolutely 
     
    mightiestmojo
    mightiestmojo
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2009
    Posts: 6735
    Posted: Oct. 20, 2015 - 9:55 AM ET #5

    I am in a similar league sportsfan. I love it. I've tried the daily stuff. I have $31 left in my account there when that's gone (next week most likely) I won't be re-upping. 
    Reply
    I am in a similar league sportsfan. I love it. I've tried the daily stuff. I have $31 left in my account there when that's gone (next week most likely) I won't be re-upping. 
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Oct. 20, 2015 - 2:30 PM ET #6

    They are shady as hell... but your ranking drop overnight could have had something to do with a scoring change.  Happens all the time with Yahoo and CBS.  
    Reply
    They are shady as hell... but your ranking drop overnight could have had something to do with a scoring change.  Happens all the time with Yahoo and CBS.  
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Oct. 20, 2015 - 4:06 PM ET #7

    Corporate Fukks.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Corporate Fukks.
     
    SashimiKid
    SashimiKid
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 2090
    Posted: Oct. 20, 2015 - 4:53 PM ET #8

    Been on fanduel five years and never experienced these kind of problems, but do agree their days are probably numbered
    Reply
    Been on fanduel five years and never experienced these kind of problems, but do agree their days are probably numbered
     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Oct. 21, 2015 - 4:30 AM ET #9

    don't confuse FanDuel with DraftKings, they're two entirely different situations, and governing bodies, FanDuel gives you exactly what you've got coming...if you know what I mean that's right, pure unadaltreated Bullshitt,
    Reply
    don't confuse FanDuel with DraftKings, they're two entirely different situations, and governing bodies, FanDuel gives you exactly what you've got coming...if you know what I mean that's right, pure unadaltreated Bullshitt,
     
    canovsp
    canovsp
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 5755
    Posted: Oct. 21, 2015 - 11:11 AM ET #10

    I play DraftKings and don't have any complaints. I initially deposited $250 in September while the baseball regular season was going. I've won a few times playing $5 and $1 contests. I currently play NFL and NHL. I haven't won yet with an NFL or NHL contest but I'm still playing with house money I won from baseball.

    I know chances are I won't get rich doing this but I like the action.
    Reply
    I play DraftKings and don't have any complaints. I initially deposited $250 in September while the baseball regular season was going. I've won a few times playing $5 and $1 contests. I currently play NFL and NHL. I haven't won yet with an NFL or NHL contest but I'm still playing with house money I won from baseball.

    I know chances are I won't get rich doing this but I like the action.
     
     
    thecentaur
    thecentaur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2012
    Posts: 2049
    Posted: Oct. 21, 2015 - 4:04 PM ET #11

    The only scam going on is the high rake.

    Your tourney position drop is definitely due to scores being finalized and thus changed.

    I doubt anything is going on but I mostly play fanduel anyway
    Reply
    The only scam going on is the high rake.

    Your tourney position drop is definitely due to scores being finalized and thus changed.

    I doubt anything is going on but I mostly play fanduel anyway
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,357
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 436
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,898
    • PART DEUX 159
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 848
    • Week 6 Money 8,515
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,854
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,793
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,286
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,263

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.