• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    New Gambler Here

    biggoals
    Raiderpug
    EuroPro
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheSquare
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1392
    Posts: 15
     
    biggoals
    biggoals
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2019
    Posts: 1
    Posted: Sep. 27, 2019 - 3:45 PM ET #1

    Hello, I am fairly new to sports betting and I am trying to get the hang of this whole thing. I have a couple probably very basic questions that I would very much appreciate if I could message someone and ask.

    As there anyone out there that could help me out for a quick second?

    Thanks

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    Hello, I am fairly new to sports betting and I am trying to get the hang of this whole thing. I have a couple probably very basic questions that I would very much appreciate if I could message someone and ask.

    As there anyone out there that could help me out for a quick second?

    Thanks

     
    Raiderpug
    Raiderpug
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 3007
    Posted: Sep. 28, 2019 - 12:40 AM ET #2

    Quote Originally Posted by biggoals:

    Hello, I am fairly new to sports betting and I am trying to get the hang of this whole thing. I have a couple probably very basic questions that I would very much appreciate if I could message someone and ask. As there anyone out there that could help me out for a quick second? Thanks

    You can ask here:

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by biggoals:

    Hello, I am fairly new to sports betting and I am trying to get the hang of this whole thing. I have a couple probably very basic questions that I would very much appreciate if I could message someone and ask. As there anyone out there that could help me out for a quick second? Thanks

    You can ask here:

     
    EuroPro
    EuroPro
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2014
    Posts: 5110
    Posted: Sep. 28, 2019 - 11:33 PM ET #3

    get out while you can 

    Reply

    get out while you can 

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Sep. 30, 2019 - 12:40 PM ET #4


    Hit me with your best shot.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Hit me with your best shot.
     
    TheSquare
    TheSquare
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 16398
    Posted: Oct. 7, 2019 - 1:47 PM ET #5

    The worst thing to happen to you since you're new to sports betting is:

    To win.....


    Only experienced and veteran bettors would understand this.. 

    "Schrödinger's bet." A bet that loses when you bet it but wins when you DON'T bet it...
    Reply
    The worst thing to happen to you since you're new to sports betting is:

    To win.....


    Only experienced and veteran bettors would understand this.. 

     
    Jason497
    Jason497
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2016
    Posts: 250
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2019 - 2:21 AM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSquare:

    The worst thing to happen to you since you're new to sports betting is:To win.....Only experienced and veteran bettors would understand this..



    I remember when I hit my first $1000 win in DFS just doing a casual NBA lineup on a saturday for shits and giggles...

    Long story short I know exactly what this guy is talking about lol.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSquare:

    The worst thing to happen to you since you're new to sports betting is:To win.....Only experienced and veteran bettors would understand this..



    I remember when I hit my first $1000 win in DFS just doing a casual NBA lineup on a saturday for shits and giggles...

    Long story short I know exactly what this guy is talking about lol.

     
    bookvin
    bookvin
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2019
    Posts: 6
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2019 - 10:22 AM ET #7

    Maybe I can help  - send me your questions

    Reply

    Maybe I can help  - send me your questions

     
    MIZUNO22
    MIZUNO22
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 648
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2019 - 6:12 PM ET #8

    Same as BookVin, decades of expierience, send questions.

    Reply

    Same as BookVin, decades of expierience, send questions.

     
    Phillip2002
    Phillip2002
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2018
    Posts: 2888
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2019 - 7:26 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSquare:

    The worst thing to happen to you since you're new to sports betting is:To win.....Only experienced and veteran bettors would understand this..

    hahaha, I tell newbies this all the time and they get so confused.

    But anyway, money management is vital. People will be cheap and decide to save on groceries/going out/activities but then bet high amounts on random games. Therefore, learn to control your money

    Also one big thing that you have to hear out. Dont be afraid to risk a game. I mean that don't be afraid to bet against public, cause well they usually don't win. Overall, what you will learn is that knowing anything about sports is only like 30% of everything.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSquare:

    The worst thing to happen to you since you're new to sports betting is:To win.....Only experienced and veteran bettors would understand this..

    hahaha, I tell newbies this all the time and they get so confused.

    But anyway, money management is vital. People will be cheap and decide to save on groceries/going out/activities but then bet high amounts on random games. Therefore, learn to control your money

    Also one big thing that you have to hear out. Dont be afraid to risk a game. I mean that don't be afraid to bet against public, cause well they usually don't win. Overall, what you will learn is that knowing anything about sports is only like 30% of everything.

     
    Yavapai
    Yavapai
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 2135
    Posted: Oct. 19, 2019 - 7:20 PM ET #10

    as individuals whom they like and go opposite 

    Reply

    as individuals whom they like and go opposite 

     
    Pittsburgh2323
    Pittsburgh2323
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2019
    Posts: 12
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2019 - 6:34 AM ET #11

    I made a $500 deposit on fan duel and lost with the Astros. I am waiting to receive my $500 in site credit. Does anyone know if I bet the same game with each side $250 each can I then cash out my $500 I will have in my account? Is it a one time play through of my original deposit? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Basically I just want to safest, easiest way to get as much money back as possible. Thanks!

    Reply

    I made a $500 deposit on fan duel and lost with the Astros. I am waiting to receive my $500 in site credit. Does anyone know if I bet the same game with each side $250 each can I then cash out my $500 I will have in my account? Is it a one time play through of my original deposit? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Basically I just want to safest, easiest way to get as much money back as possible. Thanks!

     
    OlDirtyBaztid
    OlDirtyBaztid
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2017
    Posts: 10649
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2019 - 7:59 AM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh2323:

    I made a $500 deposit on fan duel and lost with the Astros. I am waiting to receive my $500 in site credit. Does anyone know if I bet the same game with each side $250 each can I then cash out my $500 I will have in my account? Is it a one time play through of my original deposit? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Basically I just want to safest, easiest way to get as much money back as possible. Thanks!

    read the fine print for that match bonus. you will not be withdrawing that money. there's x amount of bets you must make before any withdraws can happen. most will blow out the match bonus before they even make the required amount of bets. i believe books got this idea from overseas binary options trades. it's a total scam and never works out in the players favor
    No team is as good as it looks when winning nor are they as bad as they look when losing
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh2323:

    I made a $500 deposit on fan duel and lost with the Astros. I am waiting to receive my $500 in site credit. Does anyone know if I bet the same game with each side $250 each can I then cash out my $500 I will have in my account? Is it a one time play through of my original deposit? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Basically I just want to safest, easiest way to get as much money back as possible. Thanks!

    read the fine print for that match bonus. you will not be withdrawing that money. there's x amount of bets you must make before any withdraws can happen. most will blow out the match bonus before they even make the required amount of bets. i believe books got this idea from overseas binary options trades. it's a total scam and never works out in the players favor
     
    TheSquare
    TheSquare
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 16398
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2019 - 9:55 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh2323:

    I made a $500 deposit on fan duel and lost with the Astros. I am waiting to receive my $500 in site credit. Does anyone know if I bet the same game with each side $250 each can I then cash out my $500 I will have in my account? Is it a one time play through of my original deposit? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Basically I just want to safest, easiest way to get as much money back as possible. Thanks!

    Baffles me why people don't read the fine print with any website for their promotions but for FanDuel, since you live in PA or NJ, it's a 1x roll over then you get to keep it. The optimal way to use that $500 "free wager" would have been to but it on some plus money dog or possibly a decent, "safe 2-3 leg parlay." I know somebody who did a 3 team baseball parlay with some -200 faves for a particular night, hit it and collected over $1k.

    Long story short:

    ALWAYS READ THE FINE PRINT 

    and f*ck those over seas books when you have local casinos with apps that will pay you out the next day! I don't care how good of a promotion an over seas/ internet book has, don't deposit there anymore! Chances are, they weren't going to pay you anyways! 

    "Schrödinger's bet." A bet that loses when you bet it but wins when you DON'T bet it...
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh2323:

    I made a $500 deposit on fan duel and lost with the Astros. I am waiting to receive my $500 in site credit. Does anyone know if I bet the same game with each side $250 each can I then cash out my $500 I will have in my account? Is it a one time play through of my original deposit? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Basically I just want to safest, easiest way to get as much money back as possible. Thanks!

    Baffles me why people don't read the fine print with any website for their promotions but for FanDuel, since you live in PA or NJ, it's a 1x roll over then you get to keep it. The optimal way to use that $500 "free wager" would have been to but it on some plus money dog or possibly a decent, "safe 2-3 leg parlay." I know somebody who did a 3 team baseball parlay with some -200 faves for a particular night, hit it and collected over $1k.

    Long story short:

    ALWAYS READ THE FINE PRINT 

    and f*ck those over seas books when you have local casinos with apps that will pay you out the next day! I don't care how good of a promotion an over seas/ internet book has, don't deposit there anymore! Chances are, they weren't going to pay you anyways! 

     
    bookvin
    bookvin
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2019
    Posts: 6
    Posted: Nov. 2, 2019 - 1:37 PM ET #14

    Hello, 

    Did you get your questions answered? There are lots of good tutorials and tips on you tube.  Just look up sports betting. 

    I can help you place the bets if needed. 

    Reply

    Hello, 

    Did you get your questions answered? There are lots of good tutorials and tips on you tube.  Just look up sports betting. 

    I can help you place the bets if needed. 

     
     
    bookvin
    bookvin
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2019
    Posts: 6
    Posted: Nov. 2, 2019 - 6:18 PM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by biggoals:

    Hello, I am fairly new to sports betting and I am trying to get the hang of this whole thing. I have a couple probably very basic questions that I would very much appreciate if I could message someone and ask. As there anyone out there that could help me out for a quick second? Thanks

    Hello, 

    Did you get your questions answered? There are lots of good tutorials and tips on you tube.  Just look up sports betting. 

    I can help you place the bets if needed. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by biggoals:

    Hello, I am fairly new to sports betting and I am trying to get the hang of this whole thing. I have a couple probably very basic questions that I would very much appreciate if I could message someone and ask. As there anyone out there that could help me out for a quick second? Thanks

    Hello, 

    Did you get your questions answered? There are lots of good tutorials and tips on you tube.  Just look up sports betting. 

    I can help you place the bets if needed. 

    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,885
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 444
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,600
    • MLB Playoffs 16,911
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,195
    • PART DEUX 135
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,362
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,245
    • Week 6 Money 5,601
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,147

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.