It had to be in the early 70's when I first heard about the Honk For Donk legend.
We were leaving Aqueduct after the last race & approaching the parking lot & we hear all these cars honking their horns. So we're thinking "Ah, must be an accident" but the honking continued. We stopped a guy & asked what was up with all the honking. He said "Honk For Donk dude." He goes on to explain that Trainer David Donk wins a high% of the last race for the day. So, you gotta play him & I have been since that 70's day.
I would tell others about the legend but they all said it was a myth. The WPS/ex wheel that I usually play on any of Donk's horses in the last race have lost about at least 9 times in a row. But not today my Covers brothers & sisters. BECAUSE TODAY..
AQUEDUCT RACE 9 WINNER #5 FRANKIE LEW RIDDEN BY JOSE GOMEZ AND TRAINED BY DAVID DONK PAID $19/$12/$5.50; EXACTA 5-9 $94.60
I'm posting this here because no one would ever know about the Honk For Donk legend except for a few regulars in the horse forum. I've shared this legend with them in the path & just when it was starting to look like a myth, it was proven to be legend once again.
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
It had to be in the early 70's when I first heard about the Honk For Donk legend.
We were leaving Aqueduct after the last race & approaching the parking lot & we hear all these cars honking their horns. So we're thinking "Ah, must be an accident" but the honking continued. We stopped a guy & asked what was up with all the honking. He said "Honk For Donk dude." He goes on to explain that Trainer David Donk wins a high% of the last race for the day. So, you gotta play him & I have been since that 70's day.
I would tell others about the legend but they all said it was a myth. The WPS/ex wheel that I usually play on any of Donk's horses in the last race have lost about at least 9 times in a row. But not today my Covers brothers & sisters. BECAUSE TODAY..
AQUEDUCT RACE 9 WINNER #5 FRANKIE LEW RIDDEN BY JOSE GOMEZ AND TRAINED BY DAVID DONK PAID $19/$12/$5.50; EXACTA 5-9 $94.60
I'm posting this here because no one would ever know about the Honk For Donk legend except for a few regulars in the horse forum. I've shared this legend with them in the path & just when it was starting to look like a myth, it was proven to be legend once again.
Wow, love hearing these old-school legends! Stuff like “Honk For Donk” is what makes horse racing culture so rich. Stories like that really show how sometimes sticking to a trusted name pays off — whether it’s a trainer or a platform.
Speaking of trusted, if you’re into betting and want a smooth, reliable place to play all kinds of games — including sports and horses — I’ve been using Playfina. Fast payouts, clean interface, and legit action. No myths there, just real wins and good vibes.
Wow, love hearing these old-school legends! Stuff like “Honk For Donk” is what makes horse racing culture so rich. Stories like that really show how sometimes sticking to a trusted name pays off — whether it’s a trainer or a platform.
Speaking of trusted, if you’re into betting and want a smooth, reliable place to play all kinds of games — including sports and horses — I’ve been using Playfina. Fast payouts, clean interface, and legit action. No myths there, just real wins and good vibes.
Wow, love hearing these old-school legends! Stuff like “Honk For Donk” is what makes horse racing culture so rich. Stories like that really show how sometimes sticking to a trusted name pays off — whether it’s a trainer or a platform. Speaking of trusted, if you’re into betting and want a smooth, reliable place to play all kinds of games — including sports and horses — I’ve been using Playfina. Fast payouts, clean interface, and legit action. No myths there, just real wins and good vibes.
Take it to the promotion forum.
R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
Quote Originally Posted by rotti:
Wow, love hearing these old-school legends! Stuff like “Honk For Donk” is what makes horse racing culture so rich. Stories like that really show how sometimes sticking to a trusted name pays off — whether it’s a trainer or a platform. Speaking of trusted, if you’re into betting and want a smooth, reliable place to play all kinds of games — including sports and horses — I’ve been using Playfina. Fast payouts, clean interface, and legit action. No myths there, just real wins and good vibes.
I had never heard of this "Honk For Donk" until Midnight 1 shared the stories. I have been around long enough to tell you all about "D Wayne Off the Plane" ANYTIME D Wayne Lukas shipped a horse to race, you learned that you had to put his horse somewhere on an "Exotic Ticket." Before Charismatic won the Derby, I suggested to a friend three days before the race that he better put the farm on that horse. He was 31-1! (this was before I never knew that Covers.com existed) What a horse he was. Lost his first five starts, Lukas gave up on him and placed him in a $62,500 Maiden Claiming race that he won and thankfully nobody claimed him. It was "Hats and Horns" from that point on!
It was sad how his racing career ended though.
I had never heard of this "Honk For Donk" until Midnight 1 shared the stories. I have been around long enough to tell you all about "D Wayne Off the Plane" ANYTIME D Wayne Lukas shipped a horse to race, you learned that you had to put his horse somewhere on an "Exotic Ticket." Before Charismatic won the Derby, I suggested to a friend three days before the race that he better put the farm on that horse. He was 31-1! (this was before I never knew that Covers.com existed) What a horse he was. Lost his first five starts, Lukas gave up on him and placed him in a $62,500 Maiden Claiming race that he won and thankfully nobody claimed him. It was "Hats and Horns" from that point on!
Midnight-I've never found out how old you are, I turned 60 last March. Here is a REAL Legend. I first started betting the horses when I was living in Portland, Oregon. It was at the end of 1997 that I discovered "The Rialto" an OTB that was in downtown. This guy gave me the most trouble at first, bet against him...he wins. Bet on him I take a tough beat. Watching this guy sometimes carry horses across the finish line was some of the craziest things seen by these eyes.
Enjoy this. It starts at 3:45
Midnight-I've never found out how old you are, I turned 60 last March. Here is a REAL Legend. I first started betting the horses when I was living in Portland, Oregon. It was at the end of 1997 that I discovered "The Rialto" an OTB that was in downtown. This guy gave me the most trouble at first, bet against him...he wins. Bet on him I take a tough beat. Watching this guy sometimes carry horses across the finish line was some of the craziest things seen by these eyes.