• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Midnight-I DISLIKE these moments, but I understand them!

    Daddy_Freddie
    Midnight1
    IntenseOperator
    umgmu
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 145
    Posts: 10
     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2024 - 4:37 AM ET #1

    an_cheers

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    an_cheers

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2024 - 2:35 PM ET #2

    @Daddy_Freddie

     I remember loading body bags on choppers as well as stretchers for those brothers who were wounded. There weren't any ceremonies at that time because the VC knew that landed choppers were a prime target & our job was to get the Hueys filled & off the ground ASAP.

    The tributes were saved for when our soldiers came home & they are tremendously sobering. Even today when I hear "Taps" it brings tears & chills to my body.

    peace

    Reply

    @Daddy_Freddie

     I remember loading body bags on choppers as well as stretchers for those brothers who were wounded. There weren't any ceremonies at that time because the VC knew that landed choppers were a prime target & our job was to get the Hueys filled & off the ground ASAP.

    The tributes were saved for when our soldiers came home & they are tremendously sobering. Even today when I hear "Taps" it brings tears & chills to my body.

    peace

     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2024 - 3:17 PM ET #3

    @Midnight1

    I was born in 1965, right in the middle of it all and had four uncles that went over there. Two came back okay. One used alcohol to escape the memories and really suffered. There were stories of nightmares and physical attacks on my aunt at night. The other one refused to ever discuss it. Luckily for me my service time was really "Boy Scout Camp" I do remember going on alert the morning of April 5th, 1986, when the Disco was bombed in West Berlin and everyone thought that we were going after Muammar Gaddafi. Everything else was just like having a civilian job.

    It's GREAT to see you guys finally getting your recognition and just due. The media really had such a strong influence and sadly people could not see the forest for the trees in actuality to what was really going on and ever since then every military campaign has just been for profit. Not sure if you seen it, the World War II veteran that spoke at the RNC the other night...those guys are the ones I REALLY LOVE talking to for hours when I go to the local VA clinic and hospital here in Las Vegas. We are losing them at too fast a rate, at the end of this year they project that there will only be 87,343 left.

    Take care my good friend, God speed to you and yours! 

    Reply

    @Midnight1

    I was born in 1965, right in the middle of it all and had four uncles that went over there. Two came back okay. One used alcohol to escape the memories and really suffered. There were stories of nightmares and physical attacks on my aunt at night. The other one refused to ever discuss it. Luckily for me my service time was really "Boy Scout Camp" I do remember going on alert the morning of April 5th, 1986, when the Disco was bombed in West Berlin and everyone thought that we were going after Muammar Gaddafi. Everything else was just like having a civilian job.

    It's GREAT to see you guys finally getting your recognition and just due. The media really had such a strong influence and sadly people could not see the forest for the trees in actuality to what was really going on and ever since then every military campaign has just been for profit. Not sure if you seen it, the World War II veteran that spoke at the RNC the other night...those guys are the ones I REALLY LOVE talking to for hours when I go to the local VA clinic and hospital here in Las Vegas. We are losing them at too fast a rate, at the end of this year they project that there will only be 87,343 left.

    Take care my good friend, God speed to you and yours! 

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2024 - 7:25 PM ET #4

    @Daddy_Freddie

     Only recently have I decided to discuss some things. I was out fishing with some vets & we weren't catching anything. So we started talking about all kinds of things & we eventually got to how horrible war is & if people only knew, perhaps we wouldn't be so quick to start one.

    The dreams were horrific but I haven't had one in about 2 years. The smell of death & burning flesh is impossible to forget. My biggest fear wasn't getting shot or maimed by a boobytrap but rather making a mistake that cost the life of another soldier. Another fear was running out of ammo & that happened to us twice during my stint. Being told at night to affix bayonets will make any man soil their briefs.

    I was one of the lucky guys that returned home. Everyone in the neighborhood wanted to buy me a beer & offer a job. That shit went away pretty quickly as these folks had lives to live & I was old news.

    The vets in the VA clinic are amazing as is the staff that attend to their needs. Talking with a member of the Greatest Generation at the clinic leaves you with a certain awakening to what these men & women did in their lives. When in Michigan we visited the clinic in my wife's home town & I met a vet from Albuquerque who spent the time making Native American jewelry & he was wearing these beautiful rings. I told him which one I liked the best which had a turquoise color & he offered to give it to me but I couldn't take it. We talked about him being a Dallas Cowboy fans & we laughed about the Lions. That Christmas I sent him a Marino Miami Dolphins jersey. Then sometime in February I received a package from him. It was the ring that I had admired.

    Many don't have a reason to visit a VA clinic. But I'm telling ya'll, making a visit & spending time with a veteran will cleanse your soul & jump start your heart.

    peace_5

    Reply

    @Daddy_Freddie

     Only recently have I decided to discuss some things. I was out fishing with some vets & we weren't catching anything. So we started talking about all kinds of things & we eventually got to how horrible war is & if people only knew, perhaps we wouldn't be so quick to start one.

    The dreams were horrific but I haven't had one in about 2 years. The smell of death & burning flesh is impossible to forget. My biggest fear wasn't getting shot or maimed by a boobytrap but rather making a mistake that cost the life of another soldier. Another fear was running out of ammo & that happened to us twice during my stint. Being told at night to affix bayonets will make any man soil their briefs.

    I was one of the lucky guys that returned home. Everyone in the neighborhood wanted to buy me a beer & offer a job. That shit went away pretty quickly as these folks had lives to live & I was old news.

    The vets in the VA clinic are amazing as is the staff that attend to their needs. Talking with a member of the Greatest Generation at the clinic leaves you with a certain awakening to what these men & women did in their lives. When in Michigan we visited the clinic in my wife's home town & I met a vet from Albuquerque who spent the time making Native American jewelry & he was wearing these beautiful rings. I told him which one I liked the best which had a turquoise color & he offered to give it to me but I couldn't take it. We talked about him being a Dallas Cowboy fans & we laughed about the Lions. That Christmas I sent him a Marino Miami Dolphins jersey. Then sometime in February I received a package from him. It was the ring that I had admired.

    Many don't have a reason to visit a VA clinic. But I'm telling ya'll, making a visit & spending time with a veteran will cleanse your soul & jump start your heart.

    peace_5

     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2024 - 7:47 PM ET #5

    @Midnight1

     It was great to read your comment here. Thanks for sharing that with us guys here at Covers. One of the things that really sticks with me too is how people get all caught up in the "RA RA" image of "Born in The USA", if they would listen to the words. It presents a whole different side of being "born" in this country. On a brighter note, Have a great week! Hopefully soon there will be another fishing video to share with you! 

    Reply

    @Midnight1

     It was great to read your comment here. Thanks for sharing that with us guys here at Covers. One of the things that really sticks with me too is how people get all caught up in the "RA RA" image of "Born in The USA", if they would listen to the words. It presents a whole different side of being "born" in this country. On a brighter note, Have a great week! Hopefully soon there will be another fishing video to share with you! 

     
    IntenseOperator
    IntenseOperator
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2017
    Posts: 8613
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2024 - 12:24 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    @Daddy_Freddie  Only recently have I decided to discuss some things. I was out fishing with some vets & we weren't catching anything. So we started talking about all kinds of things & we eventually got to how horrible war is & if people only knew, perhaps we wouldn't be so quick to start one. The dreams were horrific but I haven't had one in about 2 years. The smell of death & burning flesh is impossible to forget. My biggest fear wasn't getting shot or maimed by a boobytrap but rather making a mistake that cost the life of another soldier. Another fear was running out of ammo & that happened to us twice during my stint. Being told at night to affix bayonets will make any man soil their briefs. I was one of the lucky guys that returned home. Everyone in the neighborhood wanted to buy me a beer & offer a job. That shit went away pretty quickly as these folks had lives to live & I was old news. The vets in the VA clinic are amazing as is the staff that attend to their needs. Talking with a member of the Greatest Generation at the clinic leaves you with a certain awakening to what these men & women did in their lives. When in Michigan we visited the clinic in my wife's home town & I met a vet from Albuquerque who spent the time making Native American jewelry & he was wearing these beautiful rings. I told him which one I liked the best which had a turquoise color & he offered to give it to me but I couldn't take it. We talked about him being a Dallas Cowboy fans & we laughed about the Lions. That Christmas I sent him a Marino Miami Dolphins jersey. Then sometime in February I received a package from him. It was the ring that I had admired. Many don't have a reason to visit a VA clinic. But I'm telling ya'll, making a visit & spending time with a veteran will cleanse your soul & jump start your heart.

    Great readpeace_5

    "Got 'em right where I want 'em, surrounded from the inside"
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    @Daddy_Freddie  Only recently have I decided to discuss some things. I was out fishing with some vets & we weren't catching anything. So we started talking about all kinds of things & we eventually got to how horrible war is & if people only knew, perhaps we wouldn't be so quick to start one. The dreams were horrific but I haven't had one in about 2 years. The smell of death & burning flesh is impossible to forget. My biggest fear wasn't getting shot or maimed by a boobytrap but rather making a mistake that cost the life of another soldier. Another fear was running out of ammo & that happened to us twice during my stint. Being told at night to affix bayonets will make any man soil their briefs. I was one of the lucky guys that returned home. Everyone in the neighborhood wanted to buy me a beer & offer a job. That shit went away pretty quickly as these folks had lives to live & I was old news. The vets in the VA clinic are amazing as is the staff that attend to their needs. Talking with a member of the Greatest Generation at the clinic leaves you with a certain awakening to what these men & women did in their lives. When in Michigan we visited the clinic in my wife's home town & I met a vet from Albuquerque who spent the time making Native American jewelry & he was wearing these beautiful rings. I told him which one I liked the best which had a turquoise color & he offered to give it to me but I couldn't take it. We talked about him being a Dallas Cowboy fans & we laughed about the Lions. That Christmas I sent him a Marino Miami Dolphins jersey. Then sometime in February I received a package from him. It was the ring that I had admired. Many don't have a reason to visit a VA clinic. But I'm telling ya'll, making a visit & spending time with a veteran will cleanse your soul & jump start your heart.

    Great readpeace_5

     
    umgmu
    umgmu
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 47765
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2024 - 6:50 PM ET #7

    Indeed, a great read and thank you for your service.

    peace_5

    Reply

    Indeed, a great read and thank you for your service.

    peace_5

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2024 - 4:47 PM ET #8

    @umgmu @IntenseOperator @Daddy_Freddie

    Thanks but I'm no hero. I was just a kid like thousands of other American kids that were drafted into the shithole of what was Viet Nam. Nam is a beautiful country with wonderful people but I never saw that side of it. 

    Hell, I should have been killed before I made my 3rd week in NAM. I was one the NFG's (New Fucking Guy) in the platoon & the sergeant had me on point. I remember it was pouring rain & hard to see. Then I heard 3 quick shots from behind me & it was my sergeant who neutralized a VC camouflaged in a tree. Have you ever been looking in a direction but not really "seeing" what's in front of you? That's what I believe happened to me.The only thing my sergeant said was "Let's call it a day Chief." l would learn later he would call everyone Chief after they fucked up. It was another month before I was on point again. Hell, by that time there were plenty of other NFG's to take on that extremely dangerous role.

    Prior to Nam. the only things I had ever killed were fish & cockroaches. But the government taught us all the various ways you can kill another person & that is what I did. As kids we were now lethal. We had periods of absolute boredom & firefights that seemed to go on forever. Most of our platoon was high on marijuana & there were reports of opium & heroin use but I never saw any of that. Strangely, I never turned to drugs until I got home & had various issues to deal with including a quick trigger temper that had to be controlled. To this day I still have to control it especially in the Politics forum. Sometimes I don't do so well. 

    War destroys the lives of children. They lose siblings, moms, dads etc,.They lose their homes, their pets & the family livestock. Villages were torched & barrels of rice were overturned into the dirt. I remember this one NFG from Beaumont, TX pissed on the overturned rice & was laughing hysterically. No one said a word. Later while he was napping with others, I pissed in his helmet. 

    Nam was horrible & IMO we had no business being there. To this day Nam soldiers will forever be known as the Americans that lost a war.  

    And that really sucks!

    peace

     

    Reply

    @umgmu @IntenseOperator @Daddy_Freddie

    Thanks but I'm no hero. I was just a kid like thousands of other American kids that were drafted into the shithole of what was Viet Nam. Nam is a beautiful country with wonderful people but I never saw that side of it. 

    Hell, I should have been killed before I made my 3rd week in NAM. I was one the NFG's (New Fucking Guy) in the platoon & the sergeant had me on point. I remember it was pouring rain & hard to see. Then I heard 3 quick shots from behind me & it was my sergeant who neutralized a VC camouflaged in a tree. Have you ever been looking in a direction but not really "seeing" what's in front of you? That's what I believe happened to me.The only thing my sergeant said was "Let's call it a day Chief." l would learn later he would call everyone Chief after they fucked up. It was another month before I was on point again. Hell, by that time there were plenty of other NFG's to take on that extremely dangerous role.

    Prior to Nam. the only things I had ever killed were fish & cockroaches. But the government taught us all the various ways you can kill another person & that is what I did. As kids we were now lethal. We had periods of absolute boredom & firefights that seemed to go on forever. Most of our platoon was high on marijuana & there were reports of opium & heroin use but I never saw any of that. Strangely, I never turned to drugs until I got home & had various issues to deal with including a quick trigger temper that had to be controlled. To this day I still have to control it especially in the Politics forum. Sometimes I don't do so well. 

    War destroys the lives of children. They lose siblings, moms, dads etc,.They lose their homes, their pets & the family livestock. Villages were torched & barrels of rice were overturned into the dirt. I remember this one NFG from Beaumont, TX pissed on the overturned rice & was laughing hysterically. No one said a word. Later while he was napping with others, I pissed in his helmet. 

    Nam was horrible & IMO we had no business being there. To this day Nam soldiers will forever be known as the Americans that lost a war.  

    And that really sucks!

    peace

     

     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2024 - 8:14 PM ET #9

    @Midnight 1-You might "not" think you a hero, I'll accept that. Veteran to Veteran "YOU HAVE MY RESPECT!" I've heard MANY of the wild stories from there during the war from coworkers or people I have struck up a conversation with and one that I'll never forget was when someone told me they used to strain the rubbing alcohol through slices of bread so they could drink the alcohol. As you can see by my avatar here, I was in from 1985-1988 when you could still enlist for 2,3, or 4 years. I don't know what the enlistment terms are now, other than they are giving HUGE bonuses. I was in a Mechanized Infantry Unit at Ft Lewis Washington that has been deactivated and has been since started up again. We spent a LOT of time on field operations at the Yakima Firing Center. (hated the night in the tents freezing my ass off) 

    Have a GREAT weekend. Keep your powder dry! 

    Reply

    @Midnight 1-You might "not" think you a hero, I'll accept that. Veteran to Veteran "YOU HAVE MY RESPECT!" I've heard MANY of the wild stories from there during the war from coworkers or people I have struck up a conversation with and one that I'll never forget was when someone told me they used to strain the rubbing alcohol through slices of bread so they could drink the alcohol. As you can see by my avatar here, I was in from 1985-1988 when you could still enlist for 2,3, or 4 years. I don't know what the enlistment terms are now, other than they are giving HUGE bonuses. I was in a Mechanized Infantry Unit at Ft Lewis Washington that has been deactivated and has been since started up again. We spent a LOT of time on field operations at the Yakima Firing Center. (hated the night in the tents freezing my ass off) 

    Have a GREAT weekend. Keep your powder dry! 

     
     
    IntenseOperator
    IntenseOperator
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2017
    Posts: 8613
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2024 - 9:30 AM ET #10

    I watch a lot on Youtube etc.

    One ends up getting into these rabbit holes....then their algorithms take over....and they show more.

    I think this guy does a ton of vids on Apocalypse Now. This one is very interesting. I'm going to watch all he has over time.

    My main point.......look at the comments. Some really good reality there. Much about the movie of course...... But then REAL people that lived it or something similar chime in.

    (I have an interesting story about the father of my neighbor friends and Nam. I'll go into that another time.)

     Scene

    "Got 'em right where I want 'em, surrounded from the inside"
    Reply

    I watch a lot on Youtube etc.

    One ends up getting into these rabbit holes....then their algorithms take over....and they show more.

    I think this guy does a ton of vids on Apocalypse Now. This one is very interesting. I'm going to watch all he has over time.

    My main point.......look at the comments. Some really good reality there. Much about the movie of course...... But then REAL people that lived it or something similar chime in.

    (I have an interesting story about the father of my neighbor friends and Nam. I'll go into that another time.)

     Scene

    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,819
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 437
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,583
    • MLB Playoffs 16,113
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,107
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,358
    • Week 6 Money 5,368
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,226
    • Lies, Inaccuracies & Stupidity 31,331
    • HarDix's Big Bet................. 5,500

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.