• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Many of life's problems come from people not doing their job

    Brady_2_Gronk
    Hugh_Jorgan
    TheGoldenGoose
    GimmeMoneyNow
    THEMUGG
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1111
    Posts: 16
     
    Brady_2_Gronk
    Brady_2_Gronk
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2016
    Posts: 20
    Posted: Aug. 19, 2016 - 3:04 AM ET #1

    Agree or disagree?

    Let me give an example

    My dryer (I have a washer/dryer stack) in my condo had not been operating efficiently so I paid someone to come out and clean the dryer vent.  Year goes by and seems to get worse so I pay them to clean it again, and they clean it but say it was already pretty clean.

    I figure my dryer just sucks.  So I get married and my wife is constantly bugging me about how long it takes to dry stuff so I call an appliance tech to come out and take a look.  He takes it apart and looks at it but everything seems to be working properly.

    All this stuff is $70, $80, $90, you know how it goes.

    So I just shrug to the wife and tell her I'll buy a new one soon.  I go to do a load of wash and now the washing machine doesn't work!  I call the appliance guy and tell him it worked fine until you did something, so he comes out and takes a look for free (damn right).  He uses some fancy device and checks some stuff and says its either a broken lid switch or a bad timer.  I'm like, "Yeah and it's your fault so how about order the parts and come back and fix it!"

    I get a call back in a few days and the appliance place says oh it will take a few days to get the parts and it will cost me about $300.  I say "F*** off!"

    Meanwhile back to the dryer issues.  I buy one of those duct cleaning kits you attach to a drill and clean the duct from the inside.  It isn't dirty but it's wet, and I get pretty far in but I run into something and can't go any further.  I call a different air conditioner place out to look and I ask him to see if he can feel any air coming out on the exterior when the dryer is on.  

    None at all so there must be a bad clog.  He cleans the vent from inside and uses basically the same brush that I used and runs into a wall also.  Turns out it literally is a wall.  The dips**ts who built the place decided to cover the dryer vents in insulation and siding. 

     I can't imagine what a lazy dumb ass you must bee to see a vent opening and just build right over it.  Turns out I've been paying guys to clean my bathroom vent and they thought it was a dryer vent.  I figured they knew what they were doing and cleaned a dryer vent so it never occurred to me all those exterior vents were bathroom vents and my dryer heat and lint was blowing into and coming back in the dryer from a closed off vent.  So the HOA hires some guys to wake me up early with banging and hammering for a couple of days but they fix the exterior.  

    Now for the washer.  I really don't want to pay $300 to fix a 6 year old washer dryer stack, so I watch a few youtube videos and open up the washer.  I see a wire in the back that doesn't seem to go anywhere.  Turns out when the appliance repairman closed up the unit, a live wire was pulled out from somewhere and pinched in between a panel on the back when he screwed it back on, and he for some reason failed to notice this when he came back and determined I needed $300 in parts and labor to fix it.  I'm no electrician but I think a disconnected live wire is your problem before a lid switch or timer. 

    I can't find any wire diagrams online and really don't want to cause any more damage so now I have to get someone else out here.  It won't be the first appliance guy who caused it, I don't even want him to step foot in my condo again.

    So to summarize:

    -Dryer duct cleaners cleaned the wrong duct multiple times
    -Appliance guy didn't fix anything but broke my washer
    -Idiots who built the condo started the whole mess by covering up the dryer vents of the two 1st floor condos.  

    This is just one case of people not doing their jobs, I'm sure you guys have other examples.

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Agree or disagree?

    Let me give an example

    My dryer (I have a washer/dryer stack) in my condo had not been operating efficiently so I paid someone to come out and clean the dryer vent.  Year goes by and seems to get worse so I pay them to clean it again, and they clean it but say it was already pretty clean.

    I figure my dryer just sucks.  So I get married and my wife is constantly bugging me about how long it takes to dry stuff so I call an appliance tech to come out and take a look.  He takes it apart and looks at it but everything seems to be working properly.

    All this stuff is $70, $80, $90, you know how it goes.

    So I just shrug to the wife and tell her I'll buy a new one soon.  I go to do a load of wash and now the washing machine doesn't work!  I call the appliance guy and tell him it worked fine until you did something, so he comes out and takes a look for free (damn right).  He uses some fancy device and checks some stuff and says its either a broken lid switch or a bad timer.  I'm like, "Yeah and it's your fault so how about order the parts and come back and fix it!"

    I get a call back in a few days and the appliance place says oh it will take a few days to get the parts and it will cost me about $300.  I say "F*** off!"

    Meanwhile back to the dryer issues.  I buy one of those duct cleaning kits you attach to a drill and clean the duct from the inside.  It isn't dirty but it's wet, and I get pretty far in but I run into something and can't go any further.  I call a different air conditioner place out to look and I ask him to see if he can feel any air coming out on the exterior when the dryer is on.  

    None at all so there must be a bad clog.  He cleans the vent from inside and uses basically the same brush that I used and runs into a wall also.  Turns out it literally is a wall.  The dips**ts who built the place decided to cover the dryer vents in insulation and siding. 

     I can't imagine what a lazy dumb ass you must bee to see a vent opening and just build right over it.  Turns out I've been paying guys to clean my bathroom vent and they thought it was a dryer vent.  I figured they knew what they were doing and cleaned a dryer vent so it never occurred to me all those exterior vents were bathroom vents and my dryer heat and lint was blowing into and coming back in the dryer from a closed off vent.  So the HOA hires some guys to wake me up early with banging and hammering for a couple of days but they fix the exterior.  

    Now for the washer.  I really don't want to pay $300 to fix a 6 year old washer dryer stack, so I watch a few youtube videos and open up the washer.  I see a wire in the back that doesn't seem to go anywhere.  Turns out when the appliance repairman closed up the unit, a live wire was pulled out from somewhere and pinched in between a panel on the back when he screwed it back on, and he for some reason failed to notice this when he came back and determined I needed $300 in parts and labor to fix it.  I'm no electrician but I think a disconnected live wire is your problem before a lid switch or timer. 

    I can't find any wire diagrams online and really don't want to cause any more damage so now I have to get someone else out here.  It won't be the first appliance guy who caused it, I don't even want him to step foot in my condo again.

    So to summarize:

    -Dryer duct cleaners cleaned the wrong duct multiple times
    -Appliance guy didn't fix anything but broke my washer
    -Idiots who built the condo started the whole mess by covering up the dryer vents of the two 1st floor condos.  

    This is just one case of people not doing their jobs, I'm sure you guys have other examples.

     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Aug. 19, 2016 - 6:07 AM ET #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Brady_2_Gronk:

     
    This is just one case of people not doing their jobs, I'm sure you guys have other examples.


    My example is the guy in the white house.

    As with doctors, lawyers, carpenters, chefs, and garbage men, some people are just better at their jobs than others.

    What I'm curious about is you said that you were woken up by the banging from the guys fixing the exterior to your vent "for a couple of days".
    Seems to me that if the vent was already run, and simply covered by insulation and siding, that they should be able to correct that in a couple of hours, not days 
    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady_2_Gronk:

     
    This is just one case of people not doing their jobs, I'm sure you guys have other examples.


    My example is the guy in the white house.

    As with doctors, lawyers, carpenters, chefs, and garbage men, some people are just better at their jobs than others.

    What I'm curious about is you said that you were woken up by the banging from the guys fixing the exterior to your vent "for a couple of days".
    Seems to me that if the vent was already run, and simply covered by insulation and siding, that they should be able to correct that in a couple of hours, not days 
     
    Brady_2_Gronk
    Brady_2_Gronk
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2016
    Posts: 20
    Posted: Aug. 19, 2016 - 11:57 AM ET #3

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:


    What I'm curious about is you said that you were woken up by the banging from the guys fixing the exterior to your vent "for a couple of days".
    Seems to me that if the vent was already run, and simply covered by insulation and siding, that they should be able to correct that in a couple of hours, not days 

    I didn't mention there was water damage to plywood because of the trapped moisture from the dryer vent and that had to be replaced.  So they actually covered the vent with plywood, insulation, and siding when it was built.

    They worked a few hours the first day, then finished up the next for whatever reason  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:


    What I'm curious about is you said that you were woken up by the banging from the guys fixing the exterior to your vent "for a couple of days".
    Seems to me that if the vent was already run, and simply covered by insulation and siding, that they should be able to correct that in a couple of hours, not days 

    I didn't mention there was water damage to plywood because of the trapped moisture from the dryer vent and that had to be replaced.  So they actually covered the vent with plywood, insulation, and siding when it was built.

    They worked a few hours the first day, then finished up the next for whatever reason  
     
    Brady_2_Gronk
    Brady_2_Gronk
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2016
    Posts: 20
    Posted: Aug. 19, 2016 - 12:04 PM ET #4

    Actually it wasn't covered in plywood, just insulation and siding, but there was so much moisture it damaged the plywood below it. 
    Reply
    Actually it wasn't covered in plywood, just insulation and siding, but there was so much moisture it damaged the plywood below it. 
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Aug. 19, 2016 - 2:15 PM ET #5


    We've got oil heat & hot water.  Basically how it works is that a 275 gallon heating oil tank feeds an oil pump on the oil burner which in turn fires up the furnace for heat and also fires up a tank for the hot water.  Very simple concept.

    There is a little copper hose that connects the oil pump to the oil burner (it looks exactly like a car brake line).  The copper hose broke at one end.  Call up a heating contractor and this 22 year old kid shows up to take a look.  Insists I need a brand new oil burner for $3K parts and labor.  LOL.

    Got a plumber to come in and tap the broken part of pipe out and replace it for $150.  He was there for about 45 minutes.

    Like the OP says, people can't (or won't) do their job these days.

    And there's and old saying...

    "If you want something done right then do it yourself" 
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    We've got oil heat & hot water.  Basically how it works is that a 275 gallon heating oil tank feeds an oil pump on the oil burner which in turn fires up the furnace for heat and also fires up a tank for the hot water.  Very simple concept.

    There is a little copper hose that connects the oil pump to the oil burner (it looks exactly like a car brake line).  The copper hose broke at one end.  Call up a heating contractor and this 22 year old kid shows up to take a look.  Insists I need a brand new oil burner for $3K parts and labor.  LOL.

    Got a plumber to come in and tap the broken part of pipe out and replace it for $150.  He was there for about 45 minutes.

    Like the OP says, people can't (or won't) do their job these days.

    And there's and old saying...

    "If you want something done right then do it yourself" 
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Aug. 19, 2016 - 3:28 PM ET #6

    Nobody has home warranty insurance? Maybe it works differently in other parts of the country, but I pay a base of $500 a year and then you can add on things like A/C, appliances, spa/pool, etc. for just like $10 or $20 more depending on what you're covering - then you just pay a $75 service fee whenever you make a claim.
    Just like car insurance, you might go a year where you don't claim anything, but I've gone through an A/C, part of my fence blew down, 2 toilets, a fridge, and all new carpet, paint, repair, due to a pipe breaking and a water loss. 
    If you own a home, how you don't have this in this day and age is just insanity.....
    Reply
    Nobody has home warranty insurance? Maybe it works differently in other parts of the country, but I pay a base of $500 a year and then you can add on things like A/C, appliances, spa/pool, etc. for just like $10 or $20 more depending on what you're covering - then you just pay a $75 service fee whenever you make a claim.
    Just like car insurance, you might go a year where you don't claim anything, but I've gone through an A/C, part of my fence blew down, 2 toilets, a fridge, and all new carpet, paint, repair, due to a pipe breaking and a water loss. 
    If you own a home, how you don't have this in this day and age is just insanity.....
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Aug. 19, 2016 - 3:58 PM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:








    "If you want something done right then do it yourself" 
    A few years ago I came home from work one December & my house was a bit cold. I thought it was strange since the furnace (nat gas) was running. I checked one of the vents & cold air was coming out........great.......it's 35 degrees outside. I called a local HVAC company & they wanted $150 just to show up which, incidentally, they couldn't do for about 3-4 days.
     I knew nothing about a furnace, but being mechanically inclined, I started googling & after a couple hours of trouble-shooting I found the problem & was able to fix it. It was a plugged vacuum hose that activates the ignitor pressure switch. I can only imagine how much they would've charged me for that.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:








    "If you want something done right then do it yourself" 
    A few years ago I came home from work one December & my house was a bit cold. I thought it was strange since the furnace (nat gas) was running. I checked one of the vents & cold air was coming out........great.......it's 35 degrees outside. I called a local HVAC company & they wanted $150 just to show up which, incidentally, they couldn't do for about 3-4 days.
     I knew nothing about a furnace, but being mechanically inclined, I started googling & after a couple hours of trouble-shooting I found the problem & was able to fix it. It was a plugged vacuum hose that activates the ignitor pressure switch. I can only imagine how much they would've charged me for that.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Aug. 19, 2016 - 4:34 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


    If you own a home, how you don't have this in this day and age is just insanity.....


    We have a Townhouse that was built in 1966 and a 3br Ranch that was built in 1952.  So no Central Air in either. 

    Being retired I can tinker with all this stuff.  This year I replaced the electric panel on the Dishwasher, the drive belt on the Dryer, ceramic fuse in the microwave, Toilet Tank innards, to name a few.

    Just never really thought about extended insurance.

    Usually try to fix everything myself if it only requires simple tools. 
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


    If you own a home, how you don't have this in this day and age is just insanity.....


    We have a Townhouse that was built in 1966 and a 3br Ranch that was built in 1952.  So no Central Air in either. 

    Being retired I can tinker with all this stuff.  This year I replaced the electric panel on the Dishwasher, the drive belt on the Dryer, ceramic fuse in the microwave, Toilet Tank innards, to name a few.

    Just never really thought about extended insurance.

    Usually try to fix everything myself if it only requires simple tools. 
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Aug. 19, 2016 - 4:49 PM ET #9


    Mugg:  On a side note, Friday 9/2, ZZ Top.

    Usually I'll go with one of my party buds.

    Wifey wants to go.  I'm shocked.


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Mugg:  On a side note, Friday 9/2, ZZ Top.

    Usually I'll go with one of my party buds.

    Wifey wants to go.  I'm shocked.


     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Aug. 19, 2016 - 6:24 PM ET #10

     I've never seen them.......missed them earlier this year. Tell us how you liked it.
    Reply
     I've never seen them.......missed them earlier this year. Tell us how you liked it.
     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Aug. 19, 2016 - 7:05 PM ET #11

    When I moved into my Apt,Got cable tv appt.set up and the guy can't find the cable..It was pushed into the wall by whoever was paid to paint and fix any wall damage..Guy patched the wall so hidden cable.

    I had to go up though a 2x2 crawlspace over the bedroom closet to trace where the cable came in and went down to the living room.Cable guy punched a hole through the wall and as long as I had TV didn't care about a few inch hole in the wall.

    Couple years later I hear movement in the attic,tell management they say a squirrel..then I see bats flying in and out at dusk and dawn.One night I fell asleep with living room tv on and awake to flap/flap/flapping sound.A damn bat went out thru the hole in the wall.Was just doing laps around..Took some pix and then broomed it midflight out the door..Showed the pix to management..Out side hole covered up pretty quick..Inside hole-still there..

    Another thing I've learned is bad spark plug wires makes some mechanics think serious engine work is needed.

    Reply

    When I moved into my Apt,Got cable tv appt.set up and the guy can't find the cable..It was pushed into the wall by whoever was paid to paint and fix any wall damage..Guy patched the wall so hidden cable.

    I had to go up though a 2x2 crawlspace over the bedroom closet to trace where the cable came in and went down to the living room.Cable guy punched a hole through the wall and as long as I had TV didn't care about a few inch hole in the wall.

    Couple years later I hear movement in the attic,tell management they say a squirrel..then I see bats flying in and out at dusk and dawn.One night I fell asleep with living room tv on and awake to flap/flap/flapping sound.A damn bat went out thru the hole in the wall.Was just doing laps around..Took some pix and then broomed it midflight out the door..Showed the pix to management..Out side hole covered up pretty quick..Inside hole-still there..

    Another thing I've learned is bad spark plug wires makes some mechanics think serious engine work is needed.

     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Aug. 19, 2016 - 7:38 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:



    We have a Townhouse that was built in 1966 and a 3br Ranch that was built in 1952.  So no Central Air in either. 

    Being retired I can tinker with all this stuff.  This year I replaced the electric panel on the Dishwasher, the drive belt on the Dryer, ceramic fuse in the microwave, Toilet Tank innards, to name a few.

    Just never really thought about extended insurance.

    Usually try to fix everything myself if it only requires simple tools. 


    You're a better man than me, Goose. I'm too busy working, gambling, drinking and being a jack-azz to be bothered with that stuff. Maybe if I was retired.....

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:



    We have a Townhouse that was built in 1966 and a 3br Ranch that was built in 1952.  So no Central Air in either. 

    Being retired I can tinker with all this stuff.  This year I replaced the electric panel on the Dishwasher, the drive belt on the Dryer, ceramic fuse in the microwave, Toilet Tank innards, to name a few.

    Just never really thought about extended insurance.

    Usually try to fix everything myself if it only requires simple tools. 


    You're a better man than me, Goose. I'm too busy working, gambling, drinking and being a jack-azz to be bothered with that stuff. Maybe if I was retired.....

     
    Brady_2_Gronk
    Brady_2_Gronk
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2016
    Posts: 20
    Posted: Aug. 20, 2016 - 3:19 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:



    We have a Townhouse that was built in 1966 and a 3br Ranch that was built in 1952.  So no Central Air in either. 

    Being retired I can tinker with all this stuff.  This year I replaced the electric panel on the Dishwasher, the drive belt on the Dryer, ceramic fuse in the microwave, Toilet Tank innards, to name a few.

    Just never really thought about extended insurance.

    Usually try to fix everything myself if it only requires simple tools. 
    That's impressive.  Only one of those I've fixed is toilet tank innards.  It's tough because I have to weigh my chance of causing further damage on something with some douche overcharging me, or like in your case with the heater trying to rob me with a bs estimate.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:



    We have a Townhouse that was built in 1966 and a 3br Ranch that was built in 1952.  So no Central Air in either. 

    Being retired I can tinker with all this stuff.  This year I replaced the electric panel on the Dishwasher, the drive belt on the Dryer, ceramic fuse in the microwave, Toilet Tank innards, to name a few.

    Just never really thought about extended insurance.

    Usually try to fix everything myself if it only requires simple tools. 
    That's impressive.  Only one of those I've fixed is toilet tank innards.  It's tough because I have to weigh my chance of causing further damage on something with some douche overcharging me, or like in your case with the heater trying to rob me with a bs estimate.
     
    mainman11111
    mainman11111
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 1083
    Posted: Aug. 20, 2016 - 4:13 PM ET #14

    would say "uneducated" is the worlds problem
    Reply
    would say "uneducated" is the worlds problem
     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35524
    Posted: Aug. 20, 2016 - 4:28 PM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by mainman11111:

    would say "uneducated" is the worlds problem


    If we're talking about politically uneducated...I'll have to agree with you...that's how B.H.Obama got elected..twice no less..
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mainman11111:

    would say "uneducated" is the worlds problem


    If we're talking about politically uneducated...I'll have to agree with you...that's how B.H.Obama got elected..twice no less..
     
     
    Brady_2_Gronk
    Brady_2_Gronk
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2016
    Posts: 20
    Posted: Aug. 26, 2016 - 10:19 PM ET #16

    Got a different repairman out to fix it.

    He spent an hour on the phone with tech support, and after about 2 hours and $150 he connected the wire to the right spot and everything was fine.   
    Reply
    Got a different repairman out to fix it.

    He spent an hour on the phone with tech support, and after about 2 hours and $150 he connected the wire to the right spot and everything was fine.   
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,351
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 433
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,873
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 830
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,853
    • PART DEUX 145
    • Week 6 Money 8,178
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,189
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,216

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.