• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Lost 800 dollars twice from online blackjack in 1 week

    AndDenSum
    Skipbone
    tjohnsont
    Syddigs
    samuelsosa
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 7360
    Posts: 22
     
    AndDenSum
    AndDenSum
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 150
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2015 - 3:06 AM ET #1

    I'm a college student who uses sports betting as another source of income on top of my part time. 

    Recently I made a 300 dollar deposit today, and made 460$ sports betting and lost my entire bank roll on online black tonight. I'm so disgusted with myself. Its the the 2nd time where I made a nice profit in sports betting in a single night and lost it on a rigged online casino game. 

    Unbelievable I went into online casino thinking I could rake in an extra 50$. That's exactly what i ended up doing,only to log in a few more times, drunk at 2 am only to loose it all in 15 minutes.

    Believe it or not, I disabled the online casino last week, only to enable again tonight to lose my entire roll. In the grand scheme of things this money lost is nothing but I can't help but to think how idiotic of me to get this greedy. I'm done with gambling until I have a nice savings account in time for march madness. Doing well with sports gambling but for what ever reason, I like throwing away money on things where I have no edge. 

    I know I'll get a ton of flack and I should have been more responsible and smart enough to not mess with online BJ, but Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

    Thanks
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I'm a college student who uses sports betting as another source of income on top of my part time. 

    Recently I made a 300 dollar deposit today, and made 460$ sports betting and lost my entire bank roll on online black tonight. I'm so disgusted with myself. Its the the 2nd time where I made a nice profit in sports betting in a single night and lost it on a rigged online casino game. 

    Unbelievable I went into online casino thinking I could rake in an extra 50$. That's exactly what i ended up doing,only to log in a few more times, drunk at 2 am only to loose it all in 15 minutes.

    Believe it or not, I disabled the online casino last week, only to enable again tonight to lose my entire roll. In the grand scheme of things this money lost is nothing but I can't help but to think how idiotic of me to get this greedy. I'm done with gambling until I have a nice savings account in time for march madness. Doing well with sports gambling but for what ever reason, I like throwing away money on things where I have no edge. 

    I know I'll get a ton of flack and I should have been more responsible and smart enough to not mess with online BJ, but Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

    Thanks
     
    Skipbone
    Skipbone
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 6368
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2015 - 5:24 AM ET #2

    Drop out of school. You're wasting money.
    Reply
    Drop out of school. You're wasting money.
     
    tjohnsont
    tjohnsont
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 5761
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2015 - 11:54 AM ET #3

    Keep playing.  Cuz you want to.  And what you want is what you get.  
    Reply
    Keep playing.  Cuz you want to.  And what you want is what you get.  
     
    Syddigs
    Syddigs
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 5765
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2015 - 4:40 PM ET #4

    You don't need any advice from us that you haven't already given yourself. DISABLE the freaking casino and KEEP IT DISABLED.

    You made the same stupid mistake twice. You will make it a third time.

    What college are you attending? They must let anyone in!
    Reply
    You don't need any advice from us that you haven't already given yourself. DISABLE the freaking casino and KEEP IT DISABLED.

    You made the same stupid mistake twice. You will make it a third time.

    What college are you attending? They must let anyone in!
     
    samuelsosa
    samuelsosa
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 10988
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2015 - 4:49 PM ET #5

    Been there, done that. When I was 18-19 I would play on BOOKMAKER and 5DIMES. Happened a couple times. I would deposit small , 100...bet sports through the day, win 1-200.....now I have 300 and its 1am...

    BLACKJACK?! Sounds good to me.

     

    BROKE. BROKE. BROKE.

    The feeling when you wake up the next day with an empty account, having gone 3-1 the night before in sports, watching games for 6hours, winning money, only to lose it in a half hour playing blackjack is the reason I stopped playing blackjack. Since idk, 20 years old ive been using a local. First three years I would phone them in. No online account no nothing. Couldnt play even if I wanted to...Last three years I have an online account with a great local. Which also offers blackjack. I haven't played even a 5$ hand in three years. I bet 300-500 every night in sports. Stay away.

     

    You said "I'm so disgusted with myself". Good. Learn from this. That feeling I mentioned, that you are feeling right now, should be enough not to touch online blackjack again.  

    You might touch blackjack again. You probably will. I had to lose a few times before I learned my lesson. You will learn yours as well.

    I wont even go into the rigged factor. Online blackjack at the end of the day is too fast-paced in my opinion. The house has the edge, and the more hands you play, chances are more hands you will lose. More money you will lose. If you chase, it will be very fast. I know Messier can probably attest to this. You can see 5 hands in one minute.

    Another thing is you cant leave the casino with your money like in real life. I know many people that go to the casino , hit a couple hundred in an hour, and drive 2.5 hrs back home, very happy. You cant do that online. You are always a login away from action. It is essentially like living on the Casino floor, and after you hit 400 you say im going home guys, but your home is on the casino floor! How long do you think it will be before you are playing again? TOO SOON.

    You said it yourself, you won 50$ and came back later and lost it all. If you were a 2hr drive away, you were not giving that money back.

    It's not even the money, its the feeling that your a moron  and yes, I've been there. It really sucks.

    I said a lot, but you wanted some real feedback and I felt I offered that.

    Shake it off, bet some sports.

    Reply

    Been there, done that. When I was 18-19 I would play on BOOKMAKER and 5DIMES. Happened a couple times. I would deposit small , 100...bet sports through the day, win 1-200.....now I have 300 and its 1am...

    BLACKJACK?! Sounds good to me.

     

    BROKE. BROKE. BROKE.

    The feeling when you wake up the next day with an empty account, having gone 3-1 the night before in sports, watching games for 6hours, winning money, only to lose it in a half hour playing blackjack is the reason I stopped playing blackjack. Since idk, 20 years old ive been using a local. First three years I would phone them in. No online account no nothing. Couldnt play even if I wanted to...Last three years I have an online account with a great local. Which also offers blackjack. I haven't played even a 5$ hand in three years. I bet 300-500 every night in sports. Stay away.

     

    You said "I'm so disgusted with myself". Good. Learn from this. That feeling I mentioned, that you are feeling right now, should be enough not to touch online blackjack again.  

    You might touch blackjack again. You probably will. I had to lose a few times before I learned my lesson. You will learn yours as well.

    I wont even go into the rigged factor. Online blackjack at the end of the day is too fast-paced in my opinion. The house has the edge, and the more hands you play, chances are more hands you will lose. More money you will lose. If you chase, it will be very fast. I know Messier can probably attest to this. You can see 5 hands in one minute.

    Another thing is you cant leave the casino with your money like in real life. I know many people that go to the casino , hit a couple hundred in an hour, and drive 2.5 hrs back home, very happy. You cant do that online. You are always a login away from action. It is essentially like living on the Casino floor, and after you hit 400 you say im going home guys, but your home is on the casino floor! How long do you think it will be before you are playing again? TOO SOON.

    You said it yourself, you won 50$ and came back later and lost it all. If you were a 2hr drive away, you were not giving that money back.

    It's not even the money, its the feeling that your a moron  and yes, I've been there. It really sucks.

    I said a lot, but you wanted some real feedback and I felt I offered that.

    Shake it off, bet some sports.

     
    AndDenSum
    AndDenSum
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 150
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2015 - 6:31 PM ET #6

    Syydigs thanks for the hard truth. I won't make that mistake again. Alcohol gets the best of us when your 15 beers in. Definitely couldn't feel any dumber right now. 

    Samuel: Thanks for your thoughtful response. Appreciate it. I know it's rigged, but my ego thinks I'm the one who controls the outcome, even though we all damn well know the house wins every time online. My mistake was was betting more than 5 dollar hands. As soon they saw me betting 50 and even 100 dollar hands the CPU will draw 5 cards after showing a 2, only to hit 21. 

    Doesn't make sense, it literally feels like someone jumping you and stealing all of your cash. 

    I'm going to snap out of this late night BJ addiction and will update everyone after a week, my progress. 
    Reply
    Syydigs thanks for the hard truth. I won't make that mistake again. Alcohol gets the best of us when your 15 beers in. Definitely couldn't feel any dumber right now. 

    Samuel: Thanks for your thoughtful response. Appreciate it. I know it's rigged, but my ego thinks I'm the one who controls the outcome, even though we all damn well know the house wins every time online. My mistake was was betting more than 5 dollar hands. As soon they saw me betting 50 and even 100 dollar hands the CPU will draw 5 cards after showing a 2, only to hit 21. 

    Doesn't make sense, it literally feels like someone jumping you and stealing all of your cash. 

    I'm going to snap out of this late night BJ addiction and will update everyone after a week, my progress. 
     
    AndDenSum
    AndDenSum
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 150
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2015 - 6:38 PM ET #7

    Again sam, one of the most accurate descriptions I've ever read about online casino. 

    "Another thing is you cant leave the casino with your money like in real life. I know many people that go to the casino , hit a couple hundred in an hour, and drive 2.5 hrs back home, very happy. You cant do that online. You are always a login away from action. It is essentially like living on the Casino floor, and after you hit 400 you say im going home guys, but your home is on the casino floor! How long do you think it will be before you are playing again? TOO SOON.

    You said it yourself, you won 50$ and came back later and lost it all. If you were a 2hr drive away, you were not giving that money back."


    Spot on. I've been to the casino a handful of times and have walked away from the table when I'm up. Even when I've lost, I've walked away. Seeing the cash leave and enter my wallet is what keeps me disciplined. Online, there are no chips in your hand, there is no way to get an instant payout. It's a completely different animal. I probably logged on 5dimes BJ 6 different times at 2 a.m last night. Would watch a movie and then login and win 5 bucks and log back off. Then log back in and play a 3 dollar hand and log back off. Did that a couple of times and BOOM. BR was gone in a matter of minutes. 


    Anyways, never again. Ever. 

    Reply
    Again sam, one of the most accurate descriptions I've ever read about online casino. 

    "Another thing is you cant leave the casino with your money like in real life. I know many people that go to the casino , hit a couple hundred in an hour, and drive 2.5 hrs back home, very happy. You cant do that online. You are always a login away from action. It is essentially like living on the Casino floor, and after you hit 400 you say im going home guys, but your home is on the casino floor! How long do you think it will be before you are playing again? TOO SOON.

    You said it yourself, you won 50$ and came back later and lost it all. If you were a 2hr drive away, you were not giving that money back."


    Spot on. I've been to the casino a handful of times and have walked away from the table when I'm up. Even when I've lost, I've walked away. Seeing the cash leave and enter my wallet is what keeps me disciplined. Online, there are no chips in your hand, there is no way to get an instant payout. It's a completely different animal. I probably logged on 5dimes BJ 6 different times at 2 a.m last night. Would watch a movie and then login and win 5 bucks and log back off. Then log back in and play a 3 dollar hand and log back off. Did that a couple of times and BOOM. BR was gone in a matter of minutes. 


    Anyways, never again. Ever. 

     
    samuelsosa
    samuelsosa
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 10988
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2015 - 6:38 PM ET #8

    Im happy my response hit home if that's what you wanna call it.

    Trust me , I've been there. The logging on and off, is all too familiar. Its midnight on a Tuesday , no action, got work @ 730AM what are you gonna do? Sleep, or play blackjack. its just too damn easy to login and play.

    That accessibility is a bookies dream. darn EM.

    Reply

    Im happy my response hit home if that's what you wanna call it.

    Trust me , I've been there. The logging on and off, is all too familiar. Its midnight on a Tuesday , no action, got work @ 730AM what are you gonna do? Sleep, or play blackjack. its just too damn easy to login and play.

    That accessibility is a bookies dream. darn EM.

     
    cjm2008
    cjm2008
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 22012
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2015 - 7:13 PM ET #9

    Hit over $6500 playing 3 card poker one night in about 45 minutes about 8 years ago on the Heritage Casino site. Got my money the hell out of there before I lost it back. Been there on blackjack. They draw you in with a couple wins and then splat, it is all gone. Also in blackjack I noticed your odds get worse the more you increase your wager. Lost $1000 in one night once on Bookmaker. I haven't touched online casinos in over 5 years. Much better money management at a real casino. 
    Reply
    Hit over $6500 playing 3 card poker one night in about 45 minutes about 8 years ago on the Heritage Casino site. Got my money the hell out of there before I lost it back. Been there on blackjack. They draw you in with a couple wins and then splat, it is all gone. Also in blackjack I noticed your odds get worse the more you increase your wager. Lost $1000 in one night once on Bookmaker. I haven't touched online casinos in over 5 years. Much better money management at a real casino. 
     
    warcameagle56
    warcameagle56
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 5418
    Posted: Jan. 23, 2015 - 4:00 AM ET #10

    Just remember all on line casinos are rigged...I've probably lost a dime which was enough for me.Good Luck man.
    Reply
    Just remember all on line casinos are rigged...I've probably lost a dime which was enough for me.Good Luck man.
     
    pinoy1da
    pinoy1da
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 6156
    Posted: Jan. 23, 2015 - 4:19 AM ET #11

    Lost $800 twice in 1 week

    AAAANNNDDD DENNN SUMMM lmao 

    this is you giving the online books what they want
    https://vine.co/v/OIIIJTJVwu7
    Reply
    Lost $800 twice in 1 week

    AAAANNNDDD DENNN SUMMM lmao 

    this is you giving the online books what they want
    https://vine.co/v/OIIIJTJVwu7
     
    bestgeorge1912
    bestgeorge1912
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 20
    Posted: Jan. 23, 2015 - 5:14 AM ET #12

    I usually do that as well. I play slots and If I win I stake everything on blackjack or roulette. it is a problem .....

    Reply
    I usually do that as well. I play slots and If I win I stake everything on blackjack or roulette. it is a problem .....

     
    Skipbone
    Skipbone
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 6368
    Posted: Jan. 23, 2015 - 5:39 AM ET #13

    [Quote: Originally Posted by AndDenSum] Syydigs thanks for the hard truth. I won't make that mistake again. Alcohol gets the best of us when your 15 beers in. Definitely couldn't feel any dumber right now. 

    Samuel: Thanks for your thoughtful response. Appreciate it. I know it's rigged, but my ego thinks I'm the one who controls the outcome, even though we all damn well know the house wins every time online. My mistake was was betting more than 5 dollar hands. As soon they saw me betting 50 and even 100 dollar hands the CPU will draw 5 cards after showing a 2, only to hit 21. 

    Doesn't make sense, it literally feels like someone jumping you and stealing all of your cash. 

    I'm going to snap out of this late night BJ addiction and will update everyone after a week, my progress. 
    [/Quote
    No one needs an update. Don't be another attentionwhore.
    Reply
    [Quote: Originally Posted by AndDenSum] Syydigs thanks for the hard truth. I won't make that mistake again. Alcohol gets the best of us when your 15 beers in. Definitely couldn't feel any dumber right now. 

    Samuel: Thanks for your thoughtful response. Appreciate it. I know it's rigged, but my ego thinks I'm the one who controls the outcome, even though we all damn well know the house wins every time online. My mistake was was betting more than 5 dollar hands. As soon they saw me betting 50 and even 100 dollar hands the CPU will draw 5 cards after showing a 2, only to hit 21. 

    Doesn't make sense, it literally feels like someone jumping you and stealing all of your cash. 

    I'm going to snap out of this late night BJ addiction and will update everyone after a week, my progress. 
    [/Quote
    No one needs an update. Don't be another attentionwhore.
     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Jan. 23, 2015 - 9:24 AM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by AndDenSum:

    I'm a college student who uses sports betting as another source of income on top of my part time. 

    Recently I made a 300 dollar deposit today, and made 460$ sports betting and lost my entire bank roll on online black tonight. I'm so disgusted with myself. Its the the 2nd time where I made a nice profit in sports betting in a single night and lost it on a rigged online casino game. 

    Unbelievable I went into online casino thinking I could rake in an extra 50$. That's exactly what i ended up doing,only to log in a few more times, drunk at 2 am only to loose it all in 15 minutes.

    Believe it or not, I disabled the online casino last week, only to enable again tonight to lose my entire roll. In the grand scheme of things this money lost is nothing but I can't help but to think how idiotic of me to get this greedy. I'm done with gambling until I have a nice savings account in time for march madness. Doing well with sports gambling but for what ever reason, I like throwing away money on things where I have no edge. 

    I know I'll get a ton of flack and I should have been more responsible and smart enough to not mess with online BJ, but Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

    Thanks

     You have already answered your own question.  

    More importantly, for a long-term lesson, LOSE is spelled with one O, not two.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by AndDenSum:

    I'm a college student who uses sports betting as another source of income on top of my part time. 

    Recently I made a 300 dollar deposit today, and made 460$ sports betting and lost my entire bank roll on online black tonight. I'm so disgusted with myself. Its the the 2nd time where I made a nice profit in sports betting in a single night and lost it on a rigged online casino game. 

    Unbelievable I went into online casino thinking I could rake in an extra 50$. That's exactly what i ended up doing,only to log in a few more times, drunk at 2 am only to loose it all in 15 minutes.

    Believe it or not, I disabled the online casino last week, only to enable again tonight to lose my entire roll. In the grand scheme of things this money lost is nothing but I can't help but to think how idiotic of me to get this greedy. I'm done with gambling until I have a nice savings account in time for march madness. Doing well with sports gambling but for what ever reason, I like throwing away money on things where I have no edge. 

    I know I'll get a ton of flack and I should have been more responsible and smart enough to not mess with online BJ, but Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

    Thanks

     You have already answered your own question.  

    More importantly, for a long-term lesson, LOSE is spelled with one O, not two.  
     
    AndDenSum
    AndDenSum
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 150
    Posted: Jan. 23, 2015 - 11:42 AM ET #15

    Thanks again fellas. Cleaned up my act. Haven't touched it since and don't plan on it. 

    obviously booze and gambling don't mix.
    Reply
    Thanks again fellas. Cleaned up my act. Haven't touched it since and don't plan on it. 

    obviously booze and gambling don't mix.
     
    ClubTrash
    ClubTrash
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 756
    Posted: Jan. 23, 2015 - 5:43 PM ET #16

    This is why I prefer having a local, and texting old school style versus being a click away from action. Chasing with those west coast games just for the FK of it is no bueno
    Reply
    This is why I prefer having a local, and texting old school style versus being a click away from action. Chasing with those west coast games just for the FK of it is no bueno
     
    FiatLux4
    FiatLux4
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 704
    Posted: Jan. 23, 2015 - 6:47 PM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by Skipbone:

    Drop out of school. You're wasting money.

    Best advice of the thread. $800 twice is nothing compared to feeding the bogus education beast.

    PS- ClubTrash who is that girl? My goodness.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Skipbone:

    Drop out of school. You're wasting money.

    Best advice of the thread. $800 twice is nothing compared to feeding the bogus education beast.

    PS- ClubTrash who is that girl? My goodness.
     
    RicoCortez
    RicoCortez
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 949
    Posted: Jan. 23, 2015 - 11:20 PM ET #18

    No offense, but why in the world would you think an online BJ game is trustworthy?  You are playing against a computer!  I would bet the love of my wife and daughter that the algorithm is written against the player - to suck you in then spit you out.  I know a little about BJ, believe me, and I would never play it against a computer, whether online or against an automated casino game.  Hell, even live dealers can cheat you.  Computers will cheat you. 

    Since you are a college student, I will leave you with the advice of Dean Wormer of Faber College, "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

    Reply

    No offense, but why in the world would you think an online BJ game is trustworthy?  You are playing against a computer!  I would bet the love of my wife and daughter that the algorithm is written against the player - to suck you in then spit you out.  I know a little about BJ, believe me, and I would never play it against a computer, whether online or against an automated casino game.  Hell, even live dealers can cheat you.  Computers will cheat you. 

    Since you are a college student, I will leave you with the advice of Dean Wormer of Faber College, "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

     
    Sharkster
    Sharkster
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 1
    Posted: Jan. 14, 2016 - 2:19 PM ET #19

    Advice for all who have tried 5dimes BJ (or any other on-line BJ portal):  RUN AWAY, VERY FAR AWAY! It's all a scam. this is not generic card shuffling/dealing as you would have in a live casino. They all use sophisticated computer algorithms designed very simply to bust you and generate winning hands for the so-called house dealer. you may win some in the short term, but are guaranteed to lose in the long term - so don't be fooled. I use the site for sports gambling, mostly just NFL games - I do OK and never bet big, about even over the course of 2 years. it provides an incentive to actually watch those boring Thursday nite games. so I decided to try the BJ using real account money at first - it was unbelievable how the percentages are against you! I am fairly adept at BJ basic strategy and even track cards a little bit when I play at casinos. I thought I could just get back even and then uninstall the program once I got down a little (down maybe $150.) but it was obvious that was not going to happen. eventually I did the smart thing and pulled the plug with real money. I have since been playing a lot just using "fun money" on line because I really wanted to test the way the hands played out over the long term w/out risking my cash. the results have been predictable, if nothing else. I think the most egregious example of this "computer algorithm" was the lack of player 10's in obvious double or split situations, such as doubling on 11 against dealer 10 (or any card), or splitting 7's against dealer 6 as an example. I did not mark down the percentages, but I swear maybe 1 in 20 times I would get my 10, so I would end up losing most of these hands or maybe winning some if the dealer busted - it was just crazy! You can throw long-term probability theory out the window. What I did learn is that when I strayed from basic strategy a little (or a lot) in a situation where you can increase your bet against a substandard/bust dealer up card, my percentages of wins went way up. example: I routinely would split 10's (a big no-no!) against a dealer 4-6 up card, and also double on an 8 hand (say 6 & 2) against dealer card less than 8 (again a no-no) - I would almost always win these hands. my theory on this is the specifics of the algorithm get thrown out of whack because it does not expect to player to bet illogically and against basic strategy. I will say that I find playing (non-money) does help to sharpen strategy and count skills, so that is probably the only good thing that some from it! anyway, sorry for the long rant - I've been meaning to post something on one of these sites for a while and just have not done it. again, my advice:  DO NOT PLAY WITH YOUR REAL HARD-EARNED MONEY ON THESE SITES BECAUSE YOU ARE GUARANTEED TO LOSE IT!!   Cheers!
    Reply
    Advice for all who have tried 5dimes BJ (or any other on-line BJ portal):  RUN AWAY, VERY FAR AWAY! It's all a scam. this is not generic card shuffling/dealing as you would have in a live casino. They all use sophisticated computer algorithms designed very simply to bust you and generate winning hands for the so-called house dealer. you may win some in the short term, but are guaranteed to lose in the long term - so don't be fooled. I use the site for sports gambling, mostly just NFL games - I do OK and never bet big, about even over the course of 2 years. it provides an incentive to actually watch those boring Thursday nite games. so I decided to try the BJ using real account money at first - it was unbelievable how the percentages are against you! I am fairly adept at BJ basic strategy and even track cards a little bit when I play at casinos. I thought I could just get back even and then uninstall the program once I got down a little (down maybe $150.) but it was obvious that was not going to happen. eventually I did the smart thing and pulled the plug with real money. I have since been playing a lot just using "fun money" on line because I really wanted to test the way the hands played out over the long term w/out risking my cash. the results have been predictable, if nothing else. I think the most egregious example of this "computer algorithm" was the lack of player 10's in obvious double or split situations, such as doubling on 11 against dealer 10 (or any card), or splitting 7's against dealer 6 as an example. I did not mark down the percentages, but I swear maybe 1 in 20 times I would get my 10, so I would end up losing most of these hands or maybe winning some if the dealer busted - it was just crazy! You can throw long-term probability theory out the window. What I did learn is that when I strayed from basic strategy a little (or a lot) in a situation where you can increase your bet against a substandard/bust dealer up card, my percentages of wins went way up. example: I routinely would split 10's (a big no-no!) against a dealer 4-6 up card, and also double on an 8 hand (say 6 & 2) against dealer card less than 8 (again a no-no) - I would almost always win these hands. my theory on this is the specifics of the algorithm get thrown out of whack because it does not expect to player to bet illogically and against basic strategy. I will say that I find playing (non-money) does help to sharpen strategy and count skills, so that is probably the only good thing that some from it! anyway, sorry for the long rant - I've been meaning to post something on one of these sites for a while and just have not done it. again, my advice:  DO NOT PLAY WITH YOUR REAL HARD-EARNED MONEY ON THESE SITES BECAUSE YOU ARE GUARANTEED TO LOSE IT!!   Cheers!
     
    thecentaur
    thecentaur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2012
    Posts: 2049
    Posted: Jan. 14, 2016 - 4:08 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by warcameagle56:

    Just remember all on line casinos are rigged...I've probably lost a dime which was enough for me.Good Luck man.

    No they aren't all rigged.  I won about 50 k in 5dimes casino playing full pay deuces wild

    The problem is the drugs and alcohol.  These take away the pain of losing, which is what is crucial in being a winning gambler.  It's hard to keep an edge, and when you're drinking or high you can't do it.  I have lost tons in casinos on pain killers, and I lost 18k in one night on 5dimes casino with a couple of xanax and an ambien in me.  I am still a winning gambler, but would be more of a winner if I never gambled drunk or with drugs in my system
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by warcameagle56:

    Just remember all on line casinos are rigged...I've probably lost a dime which was enough for me.Good Luck man.

    No they aren't all rigged.  I won about 50 k in 5dimes casino playing full pay deuces wild

    The problem is the drugs and alcohol.  These take away the pain of losing, which is what is crucial in being a winning gambler.  It's hard to keep an edge, and when you're drinking or high you can't do it.  I have lost tons in casinos on pain killers, and I lost 18k in one night on 5dimes casino with a couple of xanax and an ambien in me.  I am still a winning gambler, but would be more of a winner if I never gambled drunk or with drugs in my system
     
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 56261
    Posted: Jan. 14, 2016 - 8:35 PM ET #21

    One of my friends was addicted to online black jack.  On pinnacle back in the days.  He was up about 10k on it.  Then he just got addicted and ended up losing 20k.  Damn.  
    Reply
    One of my friends was addicted to online black jack.  On pinnacle back in the days.  He was up about 10k on it.  Then he just got addicted and ended up losing 20k.  Damn.  
     
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jan. 15, 2016 - 1:47 AM ET #22

    been there, wake up and it's a living nightmare in the morning.. 
    Alcohol an greed....recognize the triggers. 
    Now you know....don't do it ever again.
    You'll be okay. 
    Reply
    been there, wake up and it's a living nightmare in the morning.. 
    Alcohol an greed....recognize the triggers. 
    Now you know....don't do it ever again.
    You'll be okay. 
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,355
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 436
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,891
    • PART DEUX 156
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 845
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,854
    • Week 6 Money 8,431
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,262
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,793
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,256

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.