• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Live in Seattle

    GetMossed
    StumpTownStu
    searchwarrant
    The Hawk
    SarasotaSlim
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 840
    Posts: 10
     
    GetMossed
    GetMossed
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2017
    Posts: 9
    Posted: Sep. 3, 2017 - 6:47 PM ET #1

    I live in Seattle, was trying to find a way to get a job or something ora way to learn about sports betting or even just be a assistant at sports radio or something or sports tv. is there a  way togo about it, while living in Seattle. and not  being a student right now to just get an internship.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I live in Seattle, was trying to find a way to get a job or something ora way to learn about sports betting or even just be a assistant at sports radio or something or sports tv. is there a  way togo about it, while living in Seattle. and not  being a student right now to just get an internship.
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Sep. 3, 2017 - 8:31 PM ET #2

    That's what's become of our great country. Everyone wants something for nothing.
    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply
    That's what's become of our great country. Everyone wants something for nothing.
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Sep. 3, 2017 - 11:39 PM ET #3

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    That's what's become of our great country. Everyone wants something for nothing.

    Sadly true. 

    OP at least you're around mostly good people. Seattle is a full of them. Stick to born and raised - they're solid. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    That's what's become of our great country. Everyone wants something for nothing.

    Sadly true. 

    OP at least you're around mostly good people. Seattle is a full of them. Stick to born and raised - they're solid. 
     
    GetMossed
    GetMossed
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2017
    Posts: 9
    Posted: Sep. 4, 2017 - 4:07 AM ET #4

    I was not meaning that, I was saying that I am not a student right now, so I can't get an internship, I don't think. they usually use student. but I was just looking for anybody who might know where I can start, I don't have any contacts. I am a rec youth basketball coach right now, but am looking where I can grow and learn more of the business. Thanks.
    Reply
    I was not meaning that, I was saying that I am not a student right now, so I can't get an internship, I don't think. they usually use student. but I was just looking for anybody who might know where I can start, I don't have any contacts. I am a rec youth basketball coach right now, but am looking where I can grow and learn more of the business. Thanks.
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Sep. 4, 2017 - 9:21 AM ET #5

    I would start with your rec league itself. How can you move up the ladder there? Could you become an office worker/intern for another rec league? Or another sport? Every league President has to have people underneath them, right? GL
    Reply
    I would start with your rec league itself. How can you move up the ladder there? Could you become an office worker/intern for another rec league? Or another sport? Every league President has to have people underneath them, right? GL
     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35524
    Posted: Sep. 4, 2017 - 11:28 AM ET #6

    Check The DNC I hear they have a LOT of openings ..
    Reply
    Check The DNC I hear they have a LOT of openings ..
     
    GetMossed
    GetMossed
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2017
    Posts: 9
    Posted: Sep. 5, 2017 - 2:54 AM ET #7

    thanks MVP, and Sarasota what is DNC is that a website for sports or something or I am confused, I'm not interested in politics. thanks though.
    Reply
    thanks MVP, and Sarasota what is DNC is that a website for sports or something or I am confused, I'm not interested in politics. thanks though.
     
    remolacha
    remolacha
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2017
    Posts: 7
    Posted: Sep. 5, 2017 - 7:35 AM ET #8

    find some jobe to have at least some money, then go on looking for another options. Good luck!!!
    Reply
    find some jobe to have at least some money, then go on looking for another options. Good luck!!!
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Sep. 5, 2017 - 11:17 AM ET #9

    What i'm about to say isn't sh!t talk. It is sincere advice. If you want to secure gainful employment, in any industry, you must first work on your use of the english language. If i'm a prospective employer, I wouldn't hire you for anything based on the wording and structure of your post on this site.
    With that said, if you want a job you have to pound the proverbial pavement. That doesn't necessarily mean circling ads in the newspaper like the old days but it does mean having an internet presence. You need a profile on job sites. You need to regularly scan internet based job listings, even if just on craigslist.com or any such sites. You're not in the rust belt. Seattle is full of opportunity but you have to give up on being an "assistant at sports radio or something or sports tv". Those positions tend to go to those with degrees in journalism or atleast those working towards degrees in journalism. The person getting the coffee tends to even have a degree. Judging by your writing, this isn't you. So you have to take the DIY approach. Start by going to a Community College and taking a creative writing class along with a basic english class. Make your assignments sports based. Then start a sports blog. Promote it. This will increase your visibility so that when you go for a job in the sports industry you can say, "I may be inexperienced but I know sports and i've done this, this, and this." 

    BOL
    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply
    What i'm about to say isn't sh!t talk. It is sincere advice. If you want to secure gainful employment, in any industry, you must first work on your use of the english language. If i'm a prospective employer, I wouldn't hire you for anything based on the wording and structure of your post on this site.
    With that said, if you want a job you have to pound the proverbial pavement. That doesn't necessarily mean circling ads in the newspaper like the old days but it does mean having an internet presence. You need a profile on job sites. You need to regularly scan internet based job listings, even if just on craigslist.com or any such sites. You're not in the rust belt. Seattle is full of opportunity but you have to give up on being an "assistant at sports radio or something or sports tv". Those positions tend to go to those with degrees in journalism or atleast those working towards degrees in journalism. The person getting the coffee tends to even have a degree. Judging by your writing, this isn't you. So you have to take the DIY approach. Start by going to a Community College and taking a creative writing class along with a basic english class. Make your assignments sports based. Then start a sports blog. Promote it. This will increase your visibility so that when you go for a job in the sports industry you can say, "I may be inexperienced but I know sports and i've done this, this, and this." 

    BOL
     
     
    GetMossed
    GetMossed
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2017
    Posts: 9
    Posted: Sep. 5, 2017 - 3:16 PM ET #10

    Yeah will do Stump,some of it is I don't type the correct way so it is jumbled, and I type as I go, and  forget points and remember as I go, so it gets F'd up. Also I did not proof read, I had to type what I wanted 4 times, every time I submitted it for some reason wouldn't go thru, maybe too many characters?? I do need to look at doing 1 or 2 classes to go about it at least and get moving in right direction in what I am looking to get to. Thanks. I just don't really have a plan on exactly what I want to do, I might take a class and not be interested and it won't be specified in any really hands on learning it will just be theory, that is why if possible I was looking for a gig or any advice on where I could look on how to get at least some technical skills in it. Thanks have a good one.
    Reply
    Yeah will do Stump,some of it is I don't type the correct way so it is jumbled, and I type as I go, and  forget points and remember as I go, so it gets F'd up. Also I did not proof read, I had to type what I wanted 4 times, every time I submitted it for some reason wouldn't go thru, maybe too many characters?? I do need to look at doing 1 or 2 classes to go about it at least and get moving in right direction in what I am looking to get to. Thanks. I just don't really have a plan on exactly what I want to do, I might take a class and not be interested and it won't be specified in any really hands on learning it will just be theory, that is why if possible I was looking for a gig or any advice on where I could look on how to get at least some technical skills in it. Thanks have a good one.
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,905
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,619
    • MLB Playoffs 16,984
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 446
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,359
    • PART DEUX 140
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 273
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,366
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,275
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,157

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.