• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Just another sign I'm getting old....

    THEMUGG
    TheGoldenGoose
    Johnzimbo34
    Mark_The_Narc
    Daddy_Freddie
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1709
    Posts: 24
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: May. 4, 2017 - 6:28 PM ET #1

     Was playing golf in Palm Springs recently, & on one course we played some of the holes bordered condo's where the "old, retired folks" reside. My first trip down there some 25-26 years ago we heard stuff like Frank Sinatra or Lawrence Welk playing in some of the condo's. This time, on one hole we heard someone blaring Fleetwood Mac.........a few holes later we heard Ozzy's "No More Tears"..........
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
     Was playing golf in Palm Springs recently, & on one course we played some of the holes bordered condo's where the "old, retired folks" reside. My first trip down there some 25-26 years ago we heard stuff like Frank Sinatra or Lawrence Welk playing in some of the condo's. This time, on one hole we heard someone blaring Fleetwood Mac.........a few holes later we heard Ozzy's "No More Tears"..........
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: May. 4, 2017 - 6:46 PM ET #2


    "How can you have your pudding when you don't eat your meat?"

    LOL

    I can deal with Fleetwood Mac and Ozzy. 
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    "How can you have your pudding when you don't eat your meat?"

    LOL

    I can deal with Fleetwood Mac and Ozzy. 
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: May. 4, 2017 - 7:19 PM ET #3

     I can too.........it just was humorous when all in our group just looked at each other & said "we're officially old".
    Reply
     I can too.........it just was humorous when all in our group just looked at each other & said "we're officially old".
     
    Johnzimbo34
    Johnzimbo34
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 1299
    Posted: May. 4, 2017 - 7:35 PM ET #4

    Or the condos have been passed down to the yungun's
    Reply
    Or the condos have been passed down to the yungun's
     
    Mark_The_Narc
    Mark_The_Narc
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 1987
    Posted: May. 4, 2017 - 8:25 PM ET #5

    You start realizing your old when the music you grew up listening to isn't on the radio anymore. When the radio stations say playing 80s 90s and today and you say can you go back a little further please is the sign.
    Reply
    You start realizing your old when the music you grew up listening to isn't on the radio anymore. When the radio stations say playing 80s 90s and today and you say can you go back a little further please is the sign.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: May. 4, 2017 - 10:27 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

     I can too.........it just was humorous when all in our group just looked at each other & said "we're officially old".


    People look at me and actually say, "Are you a Time Traveler from the 70's?"

    And I have no idea.  Maybe I am.  Because I feel like I am 25 years old but my Drivers License says I am 60 and I'm married to Wifey who is ten years younger and it's just very bizarre.

    Lets smoke some hash and play backgammon and time and space are of no concern whatsoever.

     
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

     I can too.........it just was humorous when all in our group just looked at each other & said "we're officially old".


    People look at me and actually say, "Are you a Time Traveler from the 70's?"

    And I have no idea.  Maybe I am.  Because I feel like I am 25 years old but my Drivers License says I am 60 and I'm married to Wifey who is ten years younger and it's just very bizarre.

    Lets smoke some hash and play backgammon and time and space are of no concern whatsoever.

     
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: May. 5, 2017 - 1:49 AM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Narc:

    You start realizing your old when the music you grew up listening to isn't on the radio anymore. When the radio stations say playing 80s 90s and today and you say can you go back a little further please is the sign.
    That's not entirely accurate.......there are stations that cater to everyone now, at least there are in the NW. If I flip stations enough, in any "major" city I'm in, I can find several classic rock stations, whether it be 60-70's, 80's 90's.......even in Palm Springs.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Narc:

    You start realizing your old when the music you grew up listening to isn't on the radio anymore. When the radio stations say playing 80s 90s and today and you say can you go back a little further please is the sign.
    That's not entirely accurate.......there are stations that cater to everyone now, at least there are in the NW. If I flip stations enough, in any "major" city I'm in, I can find several classic rock stations, whether it be 60-70's, 80's 90's.......even in Palm Springs.
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: May. 5, 2017 - 1:52 AM ET #8

     BTW.....the one great thing about the game of golf.........I can still compete with kids half my age........not the pros mind you, but I still I still play to a 7 hdcp.
    Reply
     BTW.....the one great thing about the game of golf.........I can still compete with kids half my age........not the pros mind you, but I still I still play to a 7 hdcp.
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: May. 5, 2017 - 1:53 AM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:



    People look at me and actually say, "Are you a Time Traveler from the 70's?"

    And I have no idea.  Maybe I am.  Because I feel like I am 25 years old but my Drivers License says I am 60 and I'm married to Wifey who is ten years younger and it's just very bizarre.

    Lets smoke some hash and play backgammon and time and space are of no concern whatsoever.

     
    Dude.....attitude is everything........like you , I rarely act my age.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:



    People look at me and actually say, "Are you a Time Traveler from the 70's?"

    And I have no idea.  Maybe I am.  Because I feel like I am 25 years old but my Drivers License says I am 60 and I'm married to Wifey who is ten years younger and it's just very bizarre.

    Lets smoke some hash and play backgammon and time and space are of no concern whatsoever.

     
    Dude.....attitude is everything........like you , I rarely act my age.
     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: May. 5, 2017 - 3:25 AM ET #10

    Mugg-The real kick in the pants is when you see a beautiful woman and find out 

    She is younger than your youngest child. My son is 29 and at Smith's (a grocery store chain here in Las Vegas) they had a beautiful woman working in the customer service section and when I found out she was only 25...all I could do was shake my head!!!   
    Reply
    Mugg-The real kick in the pants is when you see a beautiful woman and find out 

    She is younger than your youngest child. My son is 29 and at Smith's (a grocery store chain here in Las Vegas) they had a beautiful woman working in the customer service section and when I found out she was only 25...all I could do was shake my head!!!   
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: May. 5, 2017 - 8:43 AM ET #11

    I'm 32 and not as old as some of you gents, but even though I'm young, I have little moments that make me feel that I'm getting older.

    Station 104.3 here in the NY metro area is the Classic Rock Station.  Most of the music is from the 60s, 70s and 80s.  But recently, they started playing 90s music; stuff I used to listen to as a boy:

    Metallica
    Nirvana
    The Chili Peppers
    Pearl Jam

    I also quietly curse teenage drivers now for not driving like @ssholes and talking on their cells while driving.  Also, 21 year old kids that can't handle their liquor!  But I guess there are still people my age and older that are the same, hahahaha.  
    Reply
    I'm 32 and not as old as some of you gents, but even though I'm young, I have little moments that make me feel that I'm getting older.

    Station 104.3 here in the NY metro area is the Classic Rock Station.  Most of the music is from the 60s, 70s and 80s.  But recently, they started playing 90s music; stuff I used to listen to as a boy:

    Metallica
    Nirvana
    The Chili Peppers
    Pearl Jam

    I also quietly curse teenage drivers now for not driving like @ssholes and talking on their cells while driving.  Also, 21 year old kids that can't handle their liquor!  But I guess there are still people my age and older that are the same, hahahaha.  
     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: May. 5, 2017 - 9:39 AM ET #12

    As a man of only 24 years of age, I cannot relate to discussions on being old.

    WTF happened to the emoji's??? 
    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    As a man of only 24 years of age, I cannot relate to discussions on being old.

    WTF happened to the emoji's??? 
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: May. 5, 2017 - 9:40 AM ET #13

    Huh?
    Reply
    Huh?
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: May. 5, 2017 - 9:45 AM ET #14

    If you try posting using a emoji, it doesn't show when you "Submit."  

    Noticed it yesterday before I left work
    Reply
    If you try posting using a emoji, it doesn't show when you "Submit."  

    Noticed it yesterday before I left work
     
    Europa
    Europa
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 42721
    Posted: May. 5, 2017 - 10:14 AM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

     Was playing golf in Palm Springs recently, & on one course we played some of the holes bordered condo's where the "old, retired folks" reside. My first trip down there some 25-26 years ago we heard stuff like Frank Sinatra or Lawrence Welk playing in some of the condo's. This time, on one hole we heard someone blaring Fleetwood Mac.........a few holes later we heard Ozzy's "No More Tears"..........

    What course did you play, MUGG? Just curious, I have played PGA West Stadium Course in La Quinta, Mission Hills Course at Rancho Mirage... There are plenty of excellent courses down in the Coachella Valley, many of them are private courses though. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

     Was playing golf in Palm Springs recently, & on one course we played some of the holes bordered condo's where the "old, retired folks" reside. My first trip down there some 25-26 years ago we heard stuff like Frank Sinatra or Lawrence Welk playing in some of the condo's. This time, on one hole we heard someone blaring Fleetwood Mac.........a few holes later we heard Ozzy's "No More Tears"..........

    What course did you play, MUGG? Just curious, I have played PGA West Stadium Course in La Quinta, Mission Hills Course at Rancho Mirage... There are plenty of excellent courses down in the Coachella Valley, many of them are private courses though. 
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: May. 5, 2017 - 1:08 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy_Freddie:

    Mugg-The real kick in the pants is when you see a beautiful woman and find out 

    She is younger than your youngest child. My son is 29 and at Smith's (a grocery store chain here in Las Vegas) they had a beautiful woman working in the customer service section and when I found out she was only 25...all I could do was shake my head!!!   
    Absolutely!

     My daughter just turned 29 a couple months ago.......
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy_Freddie:

    Mugg-The real kick in the pants is when you see a beautiful woman and find out 

    She is younger than your youngest child. My son is 29 and at Smith's (a grocery store chain here in Las Vegas) they had a beautiful woman working in the customer service section and when I found out she was only 25...all I could do was shake my head!!!   
    Absolutely!

     My daughter just turned 29 a couple months ago.......
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: May. 5, 2017 - 1:36 PM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by Europa:


    What course did you play, MUGG? Just curious, I have played PGA West Stadium Course in La Quinta, Mission Hills Course at Rancho Mirage... There are plenty of excellent courses down in the Coachella Valley, many of them are private courses though. 
    The course we heard the music on was Rancho Las Palmas (N/S).......not a high end course by any means. We try to mix in a couple "cheapies" every time we go down. When we play 36 we always play Desert Willow......both courses are excellent & are consistently in good shape (at least when we go down in Spring) & we love the outdoor bar there. Played the Stadium course at PGA West a couple years ago ()....... Indian Canyons, Escena, Silver Rock, Indian Wells, The Classic......don't care for Mission Hills.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Europa:


    What course did you play, MUGG? Just curious, I have played PGA West Stadium Course in La Quinta, Mission Hills Course at Rancho Mirage... There are plenty of excellent courses down in the Coachella Valley, many of them are private courses though. 
    The course we heard the music on was Rancho Las Palmas (N/S).......not a high end course by any means. We try to mix in a couple "cheapies" every time we go down. When we play 36 we always play Desert Willow......both courses are excellent & are consistently in good shape (at least when we go down in Spring) & we love the outdoor bar there. Played the Stadium course at PGA West a couple years ago ()....... Indian Canyons, Escena, Silver Rock, Indian Wells, The Classic......don't care for Mission Hills.
     
    Europa
    Europa
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 42721
    Posted: May. 5, 2017 - 1:57 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    The course we heard the music on was Rancho Las Palmas (N/S).......not a high end course by any means. We try to mix in a couple "cheapies" every time we go down. When we play 36 we always play Desert Willow......both courses are excellent & are consistently in good shape (at least when we go down in Spring) & we love the outdoor bar there. Played the Stadium course at PGA West a couple years ago ()....... Indian Canyons, Escena, Silver Rock, Indian Wells, The Classic......don't care for Mission Hills.

    Nice list of goodies there, wish I could play all of those courses , MUGG. Spring is the best time for a few rounds at Palm Springs. Some of them are pretty affordable, like $70/ride for all you can play down in those area. Three buddies of mine plus myself plan to hit at Westin Mission Hills later this month or June. By the way, I have read some good words on Silver Rock and Indian Wells, will probably give them a run in the future. FORE right!! 

          
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    The course we heard the music on was Rancho Las Palmas (N/S).......not a high end course by any means. We try to mix in a couple "cheapies" every time we go down. When we play 36 we always play Desert Willow......both courses are excellent & are consistently in good shape (at least when we go down in Spring) & we love the outdoor bar there. Played the Stadium course at PGA West a couple years ago ()....... Indian Canyons, Escena, Silver Rock, Indian Wells, The Classic......don't care for Mission Hills.

    Nice list of goodies there, wish I could play all of those courses , MUGG. Spring is the best time for a few rounds at Palm Springs. Some of them are pretty affordable, like $70/ride for all you can play down in those area. Three buddies of mine plus myself plan to hit at Westin Mission Hills later this month or June. By the way, I have read some good words on Silver Rock and Indian Wells, will probably give them a run in the future. FORE right!! 

          
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: May. 5, 2017 - 2:05 PM ET #19

    This thread reminds me of Spring breaks in Palm Springs during the 1980s. Wow what an insane all out bash..
    Reply
    This thread reminds me of Spring breaks in Palm Springs during the 1980s. Wow what an insane all out bash..
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: May. 6, 2017 - 1:59 AM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by Europa:


    Nice list of goodies there, wish I could play all of those courses , MUGG. Spring is the best time for a few rounds at Palm Springs. Some of them are pretty affordable, like $70/ride for all you can play down in those area. Three buddies of mine plus myself plan to hit at Westin Mission Hills later this month or June. By the way, I have read some good words on Silver Rock and Indian Wells, will probably give them a run in the future. FORE right!! 

          
    We usually go after May 1........cheaper rounds, not as crowded, & not too hot. But our winter up here was extra shittty & we couldn't wait to get some dry golf in.
     Silver Rock is rerouting some holes to make room for new condos. We didn't play there this year. Try "The Classic" ......it's on the east side of I-10 ....great course that's not too pricey. I think we paid $90 but that includes a logo towel & a $15 meal voucher.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Europa:


    Nice list of goodies there, wish I could play all of those courses , MUGG. Spring is the best time for a few rounds at Palm Springs. Some of them are pretty affordable, like $70/ride for all you can play down in those area. Three buddies of mine plus myself plan to hit at Westin Mission Hills later this month or June. By the way, I have read some good words on Silver Rock and Indian Wells, will probably give them a run in the future. FORE right!! 

          
    We usually go after May 1........cheaper rounds, not as crowded, & not too hot. But our winter up here was extra shittty & we couldn't wait to get some dry golf in.
     Silver Rock is rerouting some holes to make room for new condos. We didn't play there this year. Try "The Classic" ......it's on the east side of I-10 ....great course that's not too pricey. I think we paid $90 but that includes a logo towel & a $15 meal voucher.
     
    Getty3
    Getty3
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 25178
    Posted: May. 8, 2017 - 9:06 AM ET #21

    I remember the preparations and parties leading up to the new millenium like it was yesterday. But consider this: Most of the babies born in the year 2000 will be graduating from high school this year. Sobering reality of how time flies by. 
    Reply
    I remember the preparations and parties leading up to the new millenium like it was yesterday. But consider this: Most of the babies born in the year 2000 will be graduating from high school this year. Sobering reality of how time flies by. 
     
    jmw59
    jmw59
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 14430
    Posted: May. 8, 2017 - 11:13 AM ET #22

    I feel ya Mugg
    Reply
    I feel ya Mugg
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: May. 8, 2017 - 12:30 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:

    I remember the preparations and parties leading up to the new millenium like it was yesterday.


    I attended a millennium party at the restaurant that overlooks Times Square, and danced all night to Christopher Cross.....

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=16ioBp4qGeg
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:

    I remember the preparations and parties leading up to the new millenium like it was yesterday.


    I attended a millennium party at the restaurant that overlooks Times Square, and danced all night to Christopher Cross.....

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=16ioBp4qGeg
     
     
    Lippsman
    Lippsman
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2001
    Posts: 87445
    Posted: May. 12, 2017 - 10:48 AM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    "How can you have your pudding when you don't eat your meat?"

    LOL

    I can deal with Fleetwood Mac and Ozzy. 

    I really like Fleetwood also, Ozzy has his moments with me.  But I officially put him on the shite list when he released "Mama I'm coming home" 

    Acutally with FM it's more of a Stevie Nicks thing. 

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM7-PYtXtJM
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    "How can you have your pudding when you don't eat your meat?"

    LOL

    I can deal with Fleetwood Mac and Ozzy. 

    I really like Fleetwood also, Ozzy has his moments with me.  But I officially put him on the shite list when he released "Mama I'm coming home" 

    Acutally with FM it's more of a Stevie Nicks thing. 

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM7-PYtXtJM
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,912
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,621
    • MLB Playoffs 17,003
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,864
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 447
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 325
    • PART DEUX 140
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,402
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,367
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,159

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.