He's an absolute imbecile, Earning £40 k a week yet bet on his side in a game against League 2 minnows Stevenage, When the odds were -200 for Newcastle and i think he bet £350/400. He also put £3 on himself scoring the first goal which given how rubbish he was would have been at 25/33-1, Absolute imbecile. To get done for such petty, degenerate type of gambling is unforgivable in my opinion, I could have understood if he was putting £10/20 k on Juventus at -125/138 to beat Roma or AC Milan at home.
Why do rich folks gamble anyway? If you have a competitive side to you, Invest it in a business or start up a brand/venture or invest it in stocks/shares. We regular folk gamble so we can strike it rich, I doubt we'd still gamble if we got to the top.
He's an absolute imbecile, Earning £40 k a week yet bet on his side in a game against League 2 minnows Stevenage, When the odds were -200 for Newcastle and i think he bet £350/400. He also put £3 on himself scoring the first goal which given how rubbish he was would have been at 25/33-1, Absolute imbecile. To get done for such petty, degenerate type of gambling is unforgivable in my opinion, I could have understood if he was putting £10/20 k on Juventus at -125/138 to beat Roma or AC Milan at home.
Why do rich folks gamble anyway? If you have a competitive side to you, Invest it in a business or start up a brand/venture or invest it in stocks/shares. We regular folk gamble so we can strike it rich, I doubt we'd still gamble if we got to the top.
I do find it interesting that the guy bets like 10 bucks a game, and a big game is like 500. I cant wrap my head around that.
Even crazier is the guy opened the account in his own name. I'm sure he has a relative or friend that would let him bet through their account. I have to think there are thousands of footballers in the UK doing this and will never get caught if they bet small amounts.
Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:
I understand and agree with your points.
I do find it interesting that the guy bets like 10 bucks a game, and a big game is like 500. I cant wrap my head around that.
Even crazier is the guy opened the account in his own name. I'm sure he has a relative or friend that would let him bet through their account. I have to think there are thousands of footballers in the UK doing this and will never get caught if they bet small amounts.
like swish said, barton is an outspoken clown but this is a crazy punishment as it will end his career and he wasn't "willfully" betting to win, most of his bets lost, he has a gambling problem but he's been treated like he was match fixing.
like swish said, barton is an outspoken clown but this is a crazy punishment as it will end his career and he wasn't "willfully" betting to win, most of his bets lost, he has a gambling problem but he's been treated like he was match fixing.