Guys about a week ago I turned my vizio tv off to take a nap after yard work. 10 minutes after I turned it off it turned itself back on and the remote wouldn't work. Nothing I tried would work to get my tv to work.
3 days ago my power went out and when it came back on I was able to use my remote and my tv. Has this happened to anyone else here?
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
Guys about a week ago I turned my vizio tv off to take a nap after yard work. 10 minutes after I turned it off it turned itself back on and the remote wouldn't work. Nothing I tried would work to get my tv to work.
3 days ago my power went out and when it came back on I was able to use my remote and my tv. Has this happened to anyone else here?
I used to work tech support for Samsung HDTV during my college days when these were first came out in the early 2000s.
Just in case it's an IR board or Main Pcb issue, call Visio and report it. Tell them it's an intermittent issue.
You want this documented b/c if it happens when it's out of manufacturer's warranty, you're phucked b/c the repair cost would exceed the price of the TV (or at least in the ballpark).
I used to work tech support for Samsung HDTV during my college days when these were first came out in the early 2000s.
Just in case it's an IR board or Main Pcb issue, call Visio and report it. Tell them it's an intermittent issue.
You want this documented b/c if it happens when it's out of manufacturer's warranty, you're phucked b/c the repair cost would exceed the price of the TV (or at least in the ballpark).
I'm so computer-dumb that I barely know how to turn them on but the millenials have drummed into me -Reboot-before I can ask for any help. Isn't that what the power loss did and did you try unplugging the tv when this started in the 1st place? That I'm giving tech advice is a joke and I'm giving the only advice I know for any situation.....Mouse cable loose? Reboot, Coffee spill on the Computer Screen? Reboot!.
I'm so computer-dumb that I barely know how to turn them on but the millenials have drummed into me -Reboot-before I can ask for any help. Isn't that what the power loss did and did you try unplugging the tv when this started in the 1st place? That I'm giving tech advice is a joke and I'm giving the only advice I know for any situation.....Mouse cable loose? Reboot, Coffee spill on the Computer Screen? Reboot!.