• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Inside the mind of a sports “investor”

    SUPEREAGLE43
    JOHNNY_ODAE
    sports_Network
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 724
    Posts: 14
     
    SUPEREAGLE43
    SUPEREAGLE43
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 1926
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2019 - 9:51 AM ET #1

    I have been wagering on sports off and on for roughly 30 years. I have paid a hefty sum for many lessons learned. Unfortunately, many lessons were learned over and over. I have certainly lost more than I’ve won over the years by a long shot. About 10 years ago I learned some forms of money management that I experimented with that kind of turned my fortunes from losing to at least having a chance IF I could keep my patience and not become greedy which has proven mostly impossible for any sustained period of time. Somewhere within the last 10 years my nerves have eroded. I feel pressure with any bet larger than 1% of my working bankroll. I have actually won quite a bit more than I have lost for the last 5 years. Maybe it’s been luck or maybe being older, more patient, and less risky with the bankroll is the reason. Both I’m sure. Im not a good capper because I don’t really have time to be. I make my decisions based in on a multitude of criteria. I live in the Bible Belt where this is largely considered taboo still so I only have two friends that I even talk about this stuff with. One, who has gambled with me since we were teens and the other who just follows what I do for smaller stakes because it’s fun. I had a very big baseball season last year where I won a large sum of money. I lost about half of it during the first 2 weeks of football and then quit until the NFL playoffs started where is started dabbling and built up a head of steam and made a large play on the Super Bowl. I have been on a heater starting with that Super Bowl play and have won a large sum again from then until now. I don’t really know where this blog like post is going or how long it will last, but I thought it would be fun to come on here and put my daily thoughts out there until I lose my current bankroll or just get tired of doing it. I think the main reason for this is that I know the people on this board will get it and have an appreciation for what we probably all go through each day. Stay tuned...
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I have been wagering on sports off and on for roughly 30 years. I have paid a hefty sum for many lessons learned. Unfortunately, many lessons were learned over and over. I have certainly lost more than I’ve won over the years by a long shot. About 10 years ago I learned some forms of money management that I experimented with that kind of turned my fortunes from losing to at least having a chance IF I could keep my patience and not become greedy which has proven mostly impossible for any sustained period of time. Somewhere within the last 10 years my nerves have eroded. I feel pressure with any bet larger than 1% of my working bankroll. I have actually won quite a bit more than I have lost for the last 5 years. Maybe it’s been luck or maybe being older, more patient, and less risky with the bankroll is the reason. Both I’m sure. Im not a good capper because I don’t really have time to be. I make my decisions based in on a multitude of criteria. I live in the Bible Belt where this is largely considered taboo still so I only have two friends that I even talk about this stuff with. One, who has gambled with me since we were teens and the other who just follows what I do for smaller stakes because it’s fun. I had a very big baseball season last year where I won a large sum of money. I lost about half of it during the first 2 weeks of football and then quit until the NFL playoffs started where is started dabbling and built up a head of steam and made a large play on the Super Bowl. I have been on a heater starting with that Super Bowl play and have won a large sum again from then until now. I don’t really know where this blog like post is going or how long it will last, but I thought it would be fun to come on here and put my daily thoughts out there until I lose my current bankroll or just get tired of doing it. I think the main reason for this is that I know the people on this board will get it and have an appreciation for what we probably all go through each day. Stay tuned...
     
    SUPEREAGLE43
    SUPEREAGLE43
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 1926
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2019 - 12:01 PM ET #2

    So I’m at work driving around this morning. I had a couple of stops where I had time to pull up the odds. I always look at games going off in the morning. All I see is soccer from somewhere on the other side of the earth. The old me would find a -300 ML and play it for action, all the while not having any idea about it. The today version of me still likes to look and boy do I want to pull the trigger, but today I pass it up with ease. I have a bankroll of 10K after a massive 3 week run. Common sense tells me I need to cool it because all good runs equal out and my last big win was on Arizona 2nd half Sunday night by a lucky .5 point. 
    Reply
    So I’m at work driving around this morning. I had a couple of stops where I had time to pull up the odds. I always look at games going off in the morning. All I see is soccer from somewhere on the other side of the earth. The old me would find a -300 ML and play it for action, all the while not having any idea about it. The today version of me still likes to look and boy do I want to pull the trigger, but today I pass it up with ease. I have a bankroll of 10K after a massive 3 week run. Common sense tells me I need to cool it because all good runs equal out and my last big win was on Arizona 2nd half Sunday night by a lucky .5 point. 
     
    SUPEREAGLE43
    SUPEREAGLE43
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 1926
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2019 - 4:28 PM ET #3

    After thinking further about how to manage this bankroll from this point forward I have decided to break it into 2 portions. I am setting aside 2K to go for big hits with and will keep whatever is left as the standard bankroll for all other plays. I like progressive money management plans. To accommodate that, my base bet is .25% of my bankroll. In this case that would be $25. I realize that it is low, but it’s where my tolerance level is now. That is where I have to be to take emotion and nerves out of the equation. With that being said, my 1st play tonight will be taking a shot laying $1000 to win $326 on a ML Parlay with Kentucky and Iowa St. Both teams, obviously, are much stronger than their opponent man for man. The danger here would be a Kentucky emotional letdown. My guess is it will be scary close all the way through with Kentucky closing out late. There are a couple of other things that I am considering as well but haven’t decided yet.

    Reply
    After thinking further about how to manage this bankroll from this point forward I have decided to break it into 2 portions. I am setting aside 2K to go for big hits with and will keep whatever is left as the standard bankroll for all other plays. I like progressive money management plans. To accommodate that, my base bet is .25% of my bankroll. In this case that would be $25. I realize that it is low, but it’s where my tolerance level is now. That is where I have to be to take emotion and nerves out of the equation. With that being said, my 1st play tonight will be taking a shot laying $1000 to win $326 on a ML Parlay with Kentucky and Iowa St. Both teams, obviously, are much stronger than their opponent man for man. The danger here would be a Kentucky emotional letdown. My guess is it will be scary close all the way through with Kentucky closing out late. There are a couple of other things that I am considering as well but haven’t decided yet.

     
    SUPEREAGLE43
    SUPEREAGLE43
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 1926
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2019 - 5:29 PM ET #4

    On the System and Strategies Forum there is a 7 game 2 team parlay chase going for the NHL. The person running that has been very successful with that over several years. The current chase has reached game 5. I will jump on that tonight starting with $25 and will be playing Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh in a parlay $25 to win $45. I may or may not have time for more looking tonight. 
    Reply
    On the System and Strategies Forum there is a 7 game 2 team parlay chase going for the NHL. The person running that has been very successful with that over several years. The current chase has reached game 5. I will jump on that tonight starting with $25 and will be playing Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh in a parlay $25 to win $45. I may or may not have time for more looking tonight. 
     
    SUPEREAGLE43
    SUPEREAGLE43
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 1926
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2019 - 11:05 PM ET #5

    Baylor destroyed ISU on the boards tonight and that was the difference. ISU seemed to be playing with not much hustle at all as if they were tired. Just like that 10% of the bankroll is gone. What a frustrating feeling, but that’s how it goes. 

    Reply

    Baylor destroyed ISU on the boards tonight and that was the difference. ISU seemed to be playing with not much hustle at all as if they were tired. Just like that 10% of the bankroll is gone. What a frustrating feeling, but that’s how it goes. 

     
    JOHNNY_ODAE
    JOHNNY_ODAE
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 2605
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2019 - 11:19 PM ET #6

    Great read. Stay the course! Iowa State was gonna have a wake up call sooner or later this week and next with that schedule. Good luck going forward peace

    Reply

    Great read. Stay the course! Iowa State was gonna have a wake up call sooner or later this week and next with that schedule. Good luck going forward peace

     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2019 - 2:23 AM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPEREAGLE43:

    On the System and Strategies Forum there is a 7 game 2 team parlay chase going for the NHL. The person running that has been very successful with that over several years. The current chase has reached game 5. I will jump on that tonight starting with $25 and will be playing Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh in a parlay $25 to win $45. I may or may not have time for more looking tonight. 
    The thread you're referring to is the work and formulated handicapping of
    Danrules24...I've been playing it religiously for the past three years; up 36.5k 4 losses in 3 NHL seasons (192-4)

    good call on your end, as you already know, Tampa Bay & Pittsburgh were WINNERS last night..Twin play hit!

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPEREAGLE43:

    On the System and Strategies Forum there is a 7 game 2 team parlay chase going for the NHL. The person running that has been very successful with that over several years. The current chase has reached game 5. I will jump on that tonight starting with $25 and will be playing Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh in a parlay $25 to win $45. I may or may not have time for more looking tonight. 
    The thread you're referring to is the work and formulated handicapping of
    Danrules24...I've been playing it religiously for the past three years; up 36.5k 4 losses in 3 NHL seasons (192-4)

    good call on your end, as you already know, Tampa Bay & Pittsburgh were WINNERS last night..Twin play hit!

     
    SUPEREAGLE43
    SUPEREAGLE43
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 1926
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2019 - 9:48 AM ET #8

    Ok, so here is how the night ended. I got on here to make my final post regarding the ISU loss. I then went to bed feeling very frustrated as I’m sure everyone has done at some point. As I was laying stewing I remembered that there was 1 more game still playing. So I got up and logged back in. The UNLV game was at the half. Out of frustration, I made a total degenerate decision to put my last 1K allotted for big hits on UNLV -1.5 for the 2nd half. It’s funny how, after talking about having much better patience now than in the past, I have already had a cave in moment on day 1 of this post. As I followed the 2nd half of the game I realized that I was going to need everything to go my way to pull it off. I was feeling so angry at this point.  As it turned out, that’s exactly what happened. In the last 2 minutes UNLV hit a 3 pointer and went 100% from the line. Wyoming also missed a layup inside of 20 seconds. I needed all of that to cover by 1 basket, but in the end luck was on my side 1 more time. On to today...
    Reply
    Ok, so here is how the night ended. I got on here to make my final post regarding the ISU loss. I then went to bed feeling very frustrated as I’m sure everyone has done at some point. As I was laying stewing I remembered that there was 1 more game still playing. So I got up and logged back in. The UNLV game was at the half. Out of frustration, I made a total degenerate decision to put my last 1K allotted for big hits on UNLV -1.5 for the 2nd half. It’s funny how, after talking about having much better patience now than in the past, I have already had a cave in moment on day 1 of this post. As I followed the 2nd half of the game I realized that I was going to need everything to go my way to pull it off. I was feeling so angry at this point.  As it turned out, that’s exactly what happened. In the last 2 minutes UNLV hit a 3 pointer and went 100% from the line. Wyoming also missed a layup inside of 20 seconds. I needed all of that to cover by 1 basket, but in the end luck was on my side 1 more time. On to today...
     
    SUPEREAGLE43
    SUPEREAGLE43
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 1926
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2019 - 10:18 AM ET #9

    Ok, the bankroll sits luckily in tact at $10,145. Keep in mind, before the Super Bowl I was sitting somewhere under $500. I was willing to lose $500 at the time so I took a shot on the Pats for 1K. If they lost I would have paid up and quit probably until March madness or baseball. As it happened, the Pats won and that began a run of hitting roughly 16 of 20 bets. Most were for $500 vs the spread. The big one came this past Saturday and it was a $1000 2 team parlay that payed $2200. I once wagered on sports because I thought it would be a good way to make extra needed money if you can believe that haha. Somewhere along the way, I guess when I became more fanancially independent, it became more about winning at something that is almost unwinable. I’m not say the money doesn’t matter, but for me it only REALLY matters if I lose. 
    Reply
    Ok, the bankroll sits luckily in tact at $10,145. Keep in mind, before the Super Bowl I was sitting somewhere under $500. I was willing to lose $500 at the time so I took a shot on the Pats for 1K. If they lost I would have paid up and quit probably until March madness or baseball. As it happened, the Pats won and that began a run of hitting roughly 16 of 20 bets. Most were for $500 vs the spread. The big one came this past Saturday and it was a $1000 2 team parlay that payed $2200. I once wagered on sports because I thought it would be a good way to make extra needed money if you can believe that haha. Somewhere along the way, I guess when I became more fanancially independent, it became more about winning at something that is almost unwinable. I’m not say the money doesn’t matter, but for me it only REALLY matters if I lose. 
     
    SUPEREAGLE43
    SUPEREAGLE43
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 1926
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2019 - 11:16 AM ET #10

    That’s a great story Zebra. Glad you were able to smash him and get out. I’m very fortunate with my local. He is a good one. 
    Reply
    That’s a great story Zebra. Glad you were able to smash him and get out. I’m very fortunate with my local. He is a good one. 
     
    SUPEREAGLE43
    SUPEREAGLE43
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 1926
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2019 - 12:30 PM ET #11

    Mississippi State plays at UGA tonight -6.5. I really like MSU, Especially against mediocre opponents. MSU is one of the more loaded teams in the country talent wise that most don’t even know about. They have 7 losses. In 3 of the losses they blew double digit 2nd half leads. LSU beat them in OT and UK beat them by 4. Talent wise they are easily a top 10 team. What you have to be leary of with MSU, and this is the reason that they have 7 losses instead of 3, is that they mysteriously go through spells of individualism out of nowhere in the middle of a game. This leads to untimely, bad shot selection and goofy turnovers. They also haven’t consistently shown mental toughness to close out games, only in spots against physically inferior teams like UGA. Because of how their season has played out they have now played themselves into game after game being a must win situation. They now are in a do or die mode regarding the NCAA tournament. This is a team worth taking a chance with in this spot. The only hang up is -6.5. I feel like MSU should win this by double digits, but I feel like it is 100% in a ML parlay. The game tips at 5:30 my time so I have time to decide.
    Reply
    Mississippi State plays at UGA tonight -6.5. I really like MSU, Especially against mediocre opponents. MSU is one of the more loaded teams in the country talent wise that most don’t even know about. They have 7 losses. In 3 of the losses they blew double digit 2nd half leads. LSU beat them in OT and UK beat them by 4. Talent wise they are easily a top 10 team. What you have to be leary of with MSU, and this is the reason that they have 7 losses instead of 3, is that they mysteriously go through spells of individualism out of nowhere in the middle of a game. This leads to untimely, bad shot selection and goofy turnovers. They also haven’t consistently shown mental toughness to close out games, only in spots against physically inferior teams like UGA. Because of how their season has played out they have now played themselves into game after game being a must win situation. They now are in a do or die mode regarding the NCAA tournament. This is a team worth taking a chance with in this spot. The only hang up is -6.5. I feel like MSU should win this by double digits, but I feel like it is 100% in a ML parlay. The game tips at 5:30 my time so I have time to decide.
     
    SUPEREAGLE43
    SUPEREAGLE43
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 1926
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2019 - 4:01 PM ET #12

    Ok, my 1st play of the night is in. I am laying $200 to win $115 on a 2 team ML parlay with Mississippi State and Nebraska 
    Omaha. All I know about Omaha is that they are headed in the opposite direction of their opponent having won 4 in a row and they are in the conference title race. I only know that because a poster in the basketball forum said it and has them -10 as his “degenerate play of the day”. As I mentioned before, I’m not a good capper and I have relearned this fact many times over the years. I don’t even have time to be even if I wanted to. That being said, I can peruse these boards and come up with some reasonable ideas combining bits and pieces of everyone’s knowledge. I have found that this generally works way better for me.
    Reply
    Ok, my 1st play of the night is in. I am laying $200 to win $115 on a 2 team ML parlay with Mississippi State and Nebraska 
    Omaha. All I know about Omaha is that they are headed in the opposite direction of their opponent having won 4 in a row and they are in the conference title race. I only know that because a poster in the basketball forum said it and has them -10 as his “degenerate play of the day”. As I mentioned before, I’m not a good capper and I have relearned this fact many times over the years. I don’t even have time to be even if I wanted to. That being said, I can peruse these boards and come up with some reasonable ideas combining bits and pieces of everyone’s knowledge. I have found that this generally works way better for me.
     
    SUPEREAGLE43
    SUPEREAGLE43
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 1926
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2019 - 11:13 PM ET #13

    Mississippi State made me look like a genius! They matched my description of them to perfection. I got home and turned the game on to see how it was going. I then started looking for something else to bet on as well. There was a little chaos going on in the house tonight with my oldest son thinking he is coming down with the flu. I had to run to the drugstore and pick up a few things. Once I returned home I was ready to find another play when my younger son challenged me to a game of Madden. As we were finishing that up my wife came home. There was no way I could focus on any meaningful research, but something I always try to be aware of is not letting sports betting creep too far into family time. As anyone who bets and has a family knows, betting can certainly get in the way and no matter how hard you try to keep it separate there will always be some overlap. Eventually things quietened down and, just to satisfy my appetite, I made a live play on Arizona State. It was a very small ML to win $13. The bet was tiny because I don’t really know about the two teams, but I knew I would be watching it and needed something to make it more interesting. The game is closing out in my favor as I compose this. Overall, not a bad evening at all.
    Reply
    Mississippi State made me look like a genius! They matched my description of them to perfection. I got home and turned the game on to see how it was going. I then started looking for something else to bet on as well. There was a little chaos going on in the house tonight with my oldest son thinking he is coming down with the flu. I had to run to the drugstore and pick up a few things. Once I returned home I was ready to find another play when my younger son challenged me to a game of Madden. As we were finishing that up my wife came home. There was no way I could focus on any meaningful research, but something I always try to be aware of is not letting sports betting creep too far into family time. As anyone who bets and has a family knows, betting can certainly get in the way and no matter how hard you try to keep it separate there will always be some overlap. Eventually things quietened down and, just to satisfy my appetite, I made a live play on Arizona State. It was a very small ML to win $13. The bet was tiny because I don’t really know about the two teams, but I knew I would be watching it and needed something to make it more interesting. The game is closing out in my favor as I compose this. Overall, not a bad evening at all.
     
     
    SUPEREAGLE43
    SUPEREAGLE43
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 1926
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2019 - 5:22 PM ET #14

    I was driving this morning and my mind drifted to the fact that there was an early game going today. Now I know nothing about Navy or LMD. At a couple of my stops I stopped and perused the basketball board and saw where a few people liked Navy and how they could not understand why it was +5. That caught my attention. Just looking at the immediate stats of each team they looked very similar to each other. The one place where there was a huge discrepancy was Navy’s road record of 2-12 vs LMD’s home record which was above .500. I was itching to make a play just for the action, so I bet $10 on LMD and was able to get the W and the fix. The bank now sits at 10284. For tonight I have put in 50 to win 35 ML parlay with Jacksonville St and Michigan. There is too much talk of Michigan being upset by Minny. The majority of upsets of good teams happen when it’s least expected, not when people are calling it beforehand. Maybe I will have time, around the fam, to do a little more tonight.
    Reply
    I was driving this morning and my mind drifted to the fact that there was an early game going today. Now I know nothing about Navy or LMD. At a couple of my stops I stopped and perused the basketball board and saw where a few people liked Navy and how they could not understand why it was +5. That caught my attention. Just looking at the immediate stats of each team they looked very similar to each other. The one place where there was a huge discrepancy was Navy’s road record of 2-12 vs LMD’s home record which was above .500. I was itching to make a play just for the action, so I bet $10 on LMD and was able to get the W and the fix. The bank now sits at 10284. For tonight I have put in 50 to win 35 ML parlay with Jacksonville St and Michigan. There is too much talk of Michigan being upset by Minny. The majority of upsets of good teams happen when it’s least expected, not when people are calling it beforehand. Maybe I will have time, around the fam, to do a little more tonight.
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,886
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 445
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,601
    • MLB Playoffs 16,931
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,220
    • PART DEUX 137
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,362
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,258
    • Week 6 Money 5,668
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,147

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.