All providers have some sort of delay, some worse than others. The only real way to gauge it (other than friend at game) would be to compare it to a radio call of the same game, providing the radio broadcast wasn't using the 7 second delay. I used to do that while watching Huskies games so I could hear the Bob Rondeau call instead of the meatheads on TV. Most of the time I could pause my dvr to match it up with the radio delay. Other times I couldn't when radio was real time.
All providers have some sort of delay, some worse than others. The only real way to gauge it (other than friend at game) would be to compare it to a radio call of the same game, providing the radio broadcast wasn't using the 7 second delay. I used to do that while watching Huskies games so I could hear the Bob Rondeau call instead of the meatheads on TV. Most of the time I could pause my dvr to match it up with the radio delay. Other times I couldn't when radio was real time.