Shouldn't another prerequisite for the job be some form of military background? I mean, you're only going to be in charge of the most powerful entity in the entire world, shouldn't you have even just a little experience with it? Heck, even 'Dubya' was in the Texas National Guard, but at least that's something.....
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
Shouldn't another prerequisite for the job be some form of military background? I mean, you're only going to be in charge of the most powerful entity in the entire world, shouldn't you have even just a little experience with it? Heck, even 'Dubya' was in the Texas National Guard, but at least that's something.....
No because then you could argue the candidate should have some serious business/financial background as he's taking over the biggest economy in the world.
No because then you could argue the candidate should have some serious business/financial background as he's taking over the biggest economy in the world.
No because then you could argue the candidate should have some serious business/financial background as he's taking over the biggest economy in the world.
See, I figured that came along with the territory. You're not going to get that far to be the nominee of any political party without some degree from some prestigious university, and/or experience in running a company or being a senator or governor or what have you.
But, as far as the military is concerned, I know they would have advisors and such, but ultimately the president is commander-in-chief and has the final say on maneuvers and such. I'm not saying they need 15 years, 2 purple hearts and a medal for bravery, but just a little something so their decisions are a little more educated - that's all.
Quote Originally Posted by SwishSwish1234:
No because then you could argue the candidate should have some serious business/financial background as he's taking over the biggest economy in the world.
See, I figured that came along with the territory. You're not going to get that far to be the nominee of any political party without some degree from some prestigious university, and/or experience in running a company or being a senator or governor or what have you.
But, as far as the military is concerned, I know they would have advisors and such, but ultimately the president is commander-in-chief and has the final say on maneuvers and such. I'm not saying they need 15 years, 2 purple hearts and a medal for bravery, but just a little something so their decisions are a little more educated - that's all.
What you are saying makes sense if you value the military.
I think the candidate having served in the military is a good idea but not a prerequisite. I would hope the candidates also have a experience in policy, statute, law, govt process and an understanding of things actually work in the reality.
I'm thinking the president would need a strong background in foreign policy, relations, diplomacy also.
But this is logical and rational thinking. What we see today is choices based on emotion
What you are saying makes sense if you value the military.
I think the candidate having served in the military is a good idea but not a prerequisite. I would hope the candidates also have a experience in policy, statute, law, govt process and an understanding of things actually work in the reality.
I'm thinking the president would need a strong background in foreign policy, relations, diplomacy also.
But this is logical and rational thinking. What we see today is choices based on emotion
What you are saying makes sense if you value the military.
I think the candidate having served in the military is a good idea but not a prerequisite. I would hope the candidates also have a experience in policy, statute, law, govt process and an understanding of things actually work in the reality.
I'm thinking the president would need a strong background in foreign policy, relations, diplomacy also.
But this is logical and rational thinking. What we see today is choices based on emotion
David Patraeus would be our man then. Possible VP candidate for Trump maybe?
He can be the button man
Quote Originally Posted by dl36:
What you are saying makes sense if you value the military.
I think the candidate having served in the military is a good idea but not a prerequisite. I would hope the candidates also have a experience in policy, statute, law, govt process and an understanding of things actually work in the reality.
I'm thinking the president would need a strong background in foreign policy, relations, diplomacy also.
But this is logical and rational thinking. What we see today is choices based on emotion
David Patraeus would be our man then. Possible VP candidate for Trump maybe?
I like you idea. Better a career military/govt man as vp than some one like Cheney that used the Iraq war and military as a means of engaging in blank check spendaholic laundering of taxpayers ' hard earned money into private money of a corporation who once they have billions upon billions of our money move to Dubai.
Considering our 21st century history I actually like your line of thinking but any trump vp will basically look like a fool standing there like Christie or being a sell out like Carson. So I honestly have zero confidence in the selection of a trump vp based on what we have seen so far
I like you idea. Better a career military/govt man as vp than some one like Cheney that used the Iraq war and military as a means of engaging in blank check spendaholic laundering of taxpayers ' hard earned money into private money of a corporation who once they have billions upon billions of our money move to Dubai.
Considering our 21st century history I actually like your line of thinking but any trump vp will basically look like a fool standing there like Christie or being a sell out like Carson. So I honestly have zero confidence in the selection of a trump vp based on what we have seen so far
Not be a business man who has devoted their life to personal gain and profit with in history of civil service, military service or anything related to actually doing a job in service of America.
Not be a business man who has devoted their life to personal gain and profit with in history of civil service, military service or anything related to actually doing a job in service of America.
Answer at least 8 questions in the 1st round of Jeopardy.
I'm with you on this. Many people I America are not, probably because they couldn't answer 8 questions. People want someone that speaks to them in their language as the lowest common denominator. Not some brainiac on the need patrol. At least this is what see happen
Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:
Answer at least 8 questions in the 1st round of Jeopardy.
I'm with you on this. Many people I America are not, probably because they couldn't answer 8 questions. People want someone that speaks to them in their language as the lowest common denominator. Not some brainiac on the need patrol. At least this is what see happen
Answer at least 8 questions in the 1st round of Jeopardy.
I'm with you on this. Many people I America are not, probably because they couldn't answer 8 questions. People want someone that speaks to them in their language as the lowest common denominator. Not some brainiac on the nerd patrol
Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:
Answer at least 8 questions in the 1st round of Jeopardy.
I'm with you on this. Many people I America are not, probably because they couldn't answer 8 questions. People want someone that speaks to them in their language as the lowest common denominator. Not some brainiac on the nerd patrol
Shouldn't another prerequisite for the job be some form of military background? I mean, you're only going to be in charge of the most powerful entity in the entire world, shouldn't you have even just a little experience with it? Heck, even 'Dubya' was in the Texas National Guard, but at least that's something.....
I agree with the premise of having at least some military experience to be POTUS because of the necessary knowledge needed to make life and death decisions when appropriate, however that would eliminate at least 95% of the current or former members of congress from being eligible to be POTUS. In other words, they would never agree to that.
Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:
Shouldn't another prerequisite for the job be some form of military background? I mean, you're only going to be in charge of the most powerful entity in the entire world, shouldn't you have even just a little experience with it? Heck, even 'Dubya' was in the Texas National Guard, but at least that's something.....
I agree with the premise of having at least some military experience to be POTUS because of the necessary knowledge needed to make life and death decisions when appropriate, however that would eliminate at least 95% of the current or former members of congress from being eligible to be POTUS. In other words, they would never agree to that.
The perfect candidate is one that is NOT a career polititian
Also I think it is a great idea for the candidate to also have proven that he/she understands the capitalistic model that makes our country so great and unique. I know one that has done that... oh wait he meets both criteria!!
The perfect candidate is one that is NOT a career polititian
Also I think it is a great idea for the candidate to also have proven that he/she understands the capitalistic model that makes our country so great and unique. I know one that has done that... oh wait he meets both criteria!!
The perfect candidate is one that is NOT a career polititian
Also I think it is a great idea for the candidate to also have proven that he/she understands the capitalistic model that makes our country so great and unique. I know one that has done that... oh wait he meets both criteria!!
Dude.....
Really?!?!
The ego-maniacal, psychopath, DRAFT-DODGING, orange buffoon?? The one who has said both, "I wish I would have served in the military"
And
"I don't care if it takes nukes, we're ready....."
Really? That's who you want with the nuclear football and the entire military at his arsenal??? Zero experience, zero military and operations knowledge, and not only that, ready to go all "Wargames" with it?!?!?!
In the words of Homey D. Clown.....
"I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!! Homey don't play dat......."
Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan9698:
The perfect candidate is one that is NOT a career polititian
Also I think it is a great idea for the candidate to also have proven that he/she understands the capitalistic model that makes our country so great and unique. I know one that has done that... oh wait he meets both criteria!!
Dude.....
Really?!?!
The ego-maniacal, psychopath, DRAFT-DODGING, orange buffoon?? The one who has said both, "I wish I would have served in the military"
And
"I don't care if it takes nukes, we're ready....."
Really? That's who you want with the nuclear football and the entire military at his arsenal??? Zero experience, zero military and operations knowledge, and not only that, ready to go all "Wargames" with it?!?!?!
In the words of Homey D. Clown.....
"I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!! Homey don't play dat......."
If, a prerequisite for becoming POTUS was having some form of military background we would have been denied such great presidents as Franklin D. Roosevelt (D) Bill Clinton (D) and another Dem ... Barack Hussein Obama (D).....Hmmmmm
If, a prerequisite for becoming POTUS was having some form of military background we would have been denied such great presidents as Franklin D. Roosevelt (D) Bill Clinton (D) and another Dem ... Barack Hussein Obama (D).....Hmmmmm