• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    I went to an anti-legalization meeting

    SteelCash
    MaineRoad
    GimmeMoneyNow
    mr_bollox
    PapaShango
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1737
    Posts: 25
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2015 - 5:16 PM ET #1

            Only about 10-15 people showed up.  I was expecting many more.  It was held in the auditorium of a local school.  The focus was on long lasting effects of adolescent youth.  But really, it was nothing more than an attempt to push voters to vote no in about 4 weeks.  Their approach:  Talk about the youth.  That always hits a soft spot.

            It was set to start at 6:30 but they had difficulties with their system and their power point didn't start until 7 or so.

            One of my professors was there, so I knew I didn't want to speak my mind.  Bummer.

            One of the speakers was Ben Cort from SAM (Smart Approaches to Marijuana).  They say they are against legalizing but do not believe in incarceration.  That said, all I've ever heard from them is anti-legalization propaganda.  Kevin Sabet and Patrick Kennedy Jr are two notable members.  

            With Issue 3 coming to Ohio in November, these people want to make an impression.

            The opening speaker was a lady that has a PhD.  Not sure of her name.  She had a picture of a fetus (a drawing) and said that a child she knew of was born with mixed genitals, and said that the mother's marijuana use "affected that."


            I just couldn't stomach anymore and had to leave.  I only made it through five minutes.

            There isn't a single study that supports Cannabis use may increase the risk of "mixed genitals", whatever that means.  Many studies in fact suggest that babies are born healthier if the mother uses Cannabis.

            I've read instances where Cannabis had saved women with horrific morning sickness, and they swear that if it wasn't for this plant, the fetus wouldn't have made it.  

            Huge studies lasting for years have indicated not a single risk of birth defect, but instead a higher rate of survival in cases where Cannabis only was used by the mother.

            People think automatically that since it's a drug, it can't be good for a pregnant woman to ingest.  Yet, women can consume aspirin and other pharmaceutical drugs with little or no worry.  Just because it's a drug (it's actually just an herb) means nothing.

            It was interesting to witness the dumbing down of citizens first hand.  It's no wonder the public is very uninformed.  These "experts" come to town with outrageous claims and people accept it as truth, when it is actually the complete opposite.

            It's a shame that the truth can sometimes be so hard to find.

            I firmly believe the cost of these peoples' efforts is human lives.  How in the world is she going to tell me that marijuana caused some infant "that she knows of" to have mixed genitals?  Are you kidding me?

    https://norml.org/about/item/breathe-push-puff-pot-use-and-pregnancy-a-review-of-the-literature

    https://thejointblog.com/reminder-mothers-marijuana-use-appears-to-drastically-reduce-infant-mortality/

    https://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/hemp/medical/can-babies.htm

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11843371

            Sorry about all the links.  Just wanted to back what I am saying.  

            The Nat'l Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) is very vague on this.  This is because there's nothing out there to prove that it's harmful.  If you were to read the below article and click on any of the studies, they really tell us almost nothing.  It's mostly speculation and "further research needs to be done."

    https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/can-marijuana-use-during-pregnancy-harm-baby

            

      
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
            Only about 10-15 people showed up.  I was expecting many more.  It was held in the auditorium of a local school.  The focus was on long lasting effects of adolescent youth.  But really, it was nothing more than an attempt to push voters to vote no in about 4 weeks.  Their approach:  Talk about the youth.  That always hits a soft spot.

            It was set to start at 6:30 but they had difficulties with their system and their power point didn't start until 7 or so.

            One of my professors was there, so I knew I didn't want to speak my mind.  Bummer.

            One of the speakers was Ben Cort from SAM (Smart Approaches to Marijuana).  They say they are against legalizing but do not believe in incarceration.  That said, all I've ever heard from them is anti-legalization propaganda.  Kevin Sabet and Patrick Kennedy Jr are two notable members.  

            With Issue 3 coming to Ohio in November, these people want to make an impression.

            The opening speaker was a lady that has a PhD.  Not sure of her name.  She had a picture of a fetus (a drawing) and said that a child she knew of was born with mixed genitals, and said that the mother's marijuana use "affected that."


            I just couldn't stomach anymore and had to leave.  I only made it through five minutes.

            There isn't a single study that supports Cannabis use may increase the risk of "mixed genitals", whatever that means.  Many studies in fact suggest that babies are born healthier if the mother uses Cannabis.

            I've read instances where Cannabis had saved women with horrific morning sickness, and they swear that if it wasn't for this plant, the fetus wouldn't have made it.  

            Huge studies lasting for years have indicated not a single risk of birth defect, but instead a higher rate of survival in cases where Cannabis only was used by the mother.

            People think automatically that since it's a drug, it can't be good for a pregnant woman to ingest.  Yet, women can consume aspirin and other pharmaceutical drugs with little or no worry.  Just because it's a drug (it's actually just an herb) means nothing.

            It was interesting to witness the dumbing down of citizens first hand.  It's no wonder the public is very uninformed.  These "experts" come to town with outrageous claims and people accept it as truth, when it is actually the complete opposite.

            It's a shame that the truth can sometimes be so hard to find.

            I firmly believe the cost of these peoples' efforts is human lives.  How in the world is she going to tell me that marijuana caused some infant "that she knows of" to have mixed genitals?  Are you kidding me?

    https://norml.org/about/item/breathe-push-puff-pot-use-and-pregnancy-a-review-of-the-literature

    https://thejointblog.com/reminder-mothers-marijuana-use-appears-to-drastically-reduce-infant-mortality/

    https://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/hemp/medical/can-babies.htm

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11843371

            Sorry about all the links.  Just wanted to back what I am saying.  

            The Nat'l Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) is very vague on this.  This is because there's nothing out there to prove that it's harmful.  If you were to read the below article and click on any of the studies, they really tell us almost nothing.  It's mostly speculation and "further research needs to be done."

    https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/can-marijuana-use-during-pregnancy-harm-baby

            

      
     
    MaineRoad
    MaineRoad
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2005
    Posts: 12254
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2015 - 6:14 PM ET #2

    Slater in Dazed and Confused didn't talk about pot as much as you do. 
    Reply
    Slater in Dazed and Confused didn't talk about pot as much as you do. 
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2015 - 7:46 PM ET #3

    Dude............

    Do yourself and all of us a favor and just move to fukkin' Colorado or something already.......

    Never seen someone so worked up over friggin' pot.......

    Jesus............

    ...... and could you chill the fukk out and toke up already? I've got Bob Marley on the Hi-Fi, and some Jelly-Belly Salsa Brava Doritos and Sour Cream & Salsa Pork Rinds in a bowl on the table........

    You're harshing my mellow................

    Reply

    Dude............

    Do yourself and all of us a favor and just move to fukkin' Colorado or something already.......

    Never seen someone so worked up over friggin' pot.......

    Jesus............

    ...... and could you chill the fukk out and toke up already? I've got Bob Marley on the Hi-Fi, and some Jelly-Belly Salsa Brava Doritos and Sour Cream & Salsa Pork Rinds in a bowl on the table........

    You're harshing my mellow................

     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2015 - 9:08 AM ET #4

    lol... sorry dude. 

    I bought a  Reesee's Pieces chocolate pie from BK last night.  Not bad, but they are small.  Next time I'm getting a lava cake from Arby's.  I heard those are the bomb.

    I talk about pot because nobody else does, and because the topic is fascinating to me.  Everybody's got their thing, and it is a pretty relevant topic these days.  

    It is changing the world we live in.  States are building billion dollar industries out of thin air.  The impact is beyond enormous.

    Reply
    lol... sorry dude. 

    I bought a  Reesee's Pieces chocolate pie from BK last night.  Not bad, but they are small.  Next time I'm getting a lava cake from Arby's.  I heard those are the bomb.

    I talk about pot because nobody else does, and because the topic is fascinating to me.  Everybody's got their thing, and it is a pretty relevant topic these days.  

    It is changing the world we live in.  States are building billion dollar industries out of thin air.  The impact is beyond enormous.

     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2015 - 3:30 PM ET #5

    It's not really fair to say I talk too much about pot.  If you look in my history, I often bring up other topics.  

    And besides, there are a lot of people in here that discuss their topics of interest as much if not more than I do.

    Puff, puff, pass.

    Reply
    It's not really fair to say I talk too much about pot.  If you look in my history, I often bring up other topics.  

    And besides, there are a lot of people in here that discuss their topics of interest as much if not more than I do.

    Puff, puff, pass.

     
    mr_bollox
    mr_bollox
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 14400
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2015 - 9:52 PM ET #6

    Reply
     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2015 - 10:51 AM ET #7

    I thought this was going to be an anti-legalization meeting for sports gambling.  

    Weed?  Who really cares?  You can get that in any state in less than 20 minutes.
    Reply
    I thought this was going to be an anti-legalization meeting for sports gambling.  

    Weed?  Who really cares?  You can get that in any state in less than 20 minutes.
     
    wmi799
    wmi799
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2010
    Posts: 33652
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2015 - 1:42 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:

    Dude............

    Do yourself and all of us a favor and just move to fukkin' Colorado or something already.......

    Never seen someone so worked up over friggin' pot.......

    Jesus............

    ...... and could you chill the fukk out and toke up already? I've got Bob Marley on the Hi-Fi, and some Jelly-Belly Salsa Brava Doritos and Sour Cream & Salsa Pork Rinds in a bowl on the table........

    You're harshing my mellow................


    You're wasting your breath with this guy, he's always been a bit out there and is not the brightest.

    Maybe he can be introduced to Miss Daisy Dan. They' be a cute couple 
    Histrionic personality disorder. It's sad
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:

    Dude............

    Do yourself and all of us a favor and just move to fukkin' Colorado or something already.......

    Never seen someone so worked up over friggin' pot.......

    Jesus............

    ...... and could you chill the fukk out and toke up already? I've got Bob Marley on the Hi-Fi, and some Jelly-Belly Salsa Brava Doritos and Sour Cream & Salsa Pork Rinds in a bowl on the table........

    You're harshing my mellow................


    You're wasting your breath with this guy, he's always been a bit out there and is not the brightest.

    Maybe he can be introduced to Miss Daisy Dan. They' be a cute couple 
     
    CreamCaramel
    CreamCaramel
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 779
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2015 - 3:11 PM ET #9

    Never understood the obsession with marijuana. The most overrated drug out there.
    Reply
    Never understood the obsession with marijuana. The most overrated drug out there.
     
    Messier-11
    Messier-11
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 11187
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2015 - 4:27 PM ET #10

    Pot Is great. Love me some good indica strains to relax/ sleep at night. Most overrated drug I can think of are mushrooms. Too many bad trip moments for me anyway outweigh the cool visual parts. Just giving yourself food poisoning for 40$
    Reply
    Pot Is great. Love me some good indica strains to relax/ sleep at night. Most overrated drug I can think of are mushrooms. Too many bad trip moments for me anyway outweigh the cool visual parts. Just giving yourself food poisoning for 40$
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2015 - 5:30 AM ET #11

    wmi... nice to see you again, and that you still love me.

    Reply
    wmi... nice to see you again, and that you still love me.

     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2015 - 5:40 AM ET #12

    Pot is awesome, but I really am fascinated with the politics, laws, and history of it.  The euphoria I get from it represents a fraction of my interest.

    If more people knew what this plant can do for health and general well being, they too would realize how this is essentially genocide.

    We are being disallowed a medicine that could have been saving lives for 75 years, and it has everything to do with big business, corruption, and profit.






    Reply
    Pot is awesome, but I really am fascinated with the politics, laws, and history of it.  The euphoria I get from it represents a fraction of my interest.

    If more people knew what this plant can do for health and general well being, they too would realize how this is essentially genocide.

    We are being disallowed a medicine that could have been saving lives for 75 years, and it has everything to do with big business, corruption, and profit.






     
    mightiestmojo
    mightiestmojo
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2009
    Posts: 6735
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2015 - 6:27 AM ET #13

    Whoa. Genocide? Saving lives? C'mon man. 

    If you want to smoke go ahead it's not hard to get it and not sure why you're shocked that people who feel it's make up stuff to disparage it. As long as people aren't driving when they're on it I say go ahead smoke it up. 


    Reply
    Whoa. Genocide? Saving lives? C'mon man. 

    If you want to smoke go ahead it's not hard to get it and not sure why you're shocked that people who feel it's make up stuff to disparage it. As long as people aren't driving when they're on it I say go ahead smoke it up. 


     
    ClubDirt
    ClubDirt
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 28196
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2015 - 10:50 AM ET #14

    keep fighting the good fight against big government, steel


    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRVViJ4UkAAR1vM.jpg
    Reply
    keep fighting the good fight against big government, steel


    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRVViJ4UkAAR1vM.jpg
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2015 - 12:00 PM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCash:

    Pot is awesome, but I really am fascinated with the politics, laws, and history of it.  The euphoria I get from it represents a fraction of my interest.

    If more people knew what this plant can do for health and general well being, they too would realize how this is essentially genocide.

    We are being disallowed a medicine that could have been saving lives for 75 years, and it has everything to do with big business, corruption, and profit.



    Get a haircut, hippie.....


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCash:

    Pot is awesome, but I really am fascinated with the politics, laws, and history of it.  The euphoria I get from it represents a fraction of my interest.

    If more people knew what this plant can do for health and general well being, they too would realize how this is essentially genocide.

    We are being disallowed a medicine that could have been saving lives for 75 years, and it has everything to do with big business, corruption, and profit.



    Get a haircut, hippie.....


     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2015 - 2:09 PM ET #16

    mightiestmojo... it absolutely saves lives.  

    https://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/09/24/springs-woman-claims-marijuana-cured-her-sons-cancer/

    This is just one example.  People say they are anecdotal, which they are, but you have to wonder when these "anecdotal" news reports are appearing everywhere in the world.  I could show you hundreds of stories like this.

    Unawareness does not equal non-existence.  It wasn't that long ago that people thought the mentally ill were mentally ill because they weren't going to church often enough.  

    We discovered that this plant kills cancer cells over 40 years ago.  Since then, hundreds of studies have confirmed this.  Simple Google searches can reveal peer reviewed studies from doctors all over the globe.  

    Why are there families fleeing to Colorado for medicine to save their kids?  Why are there news reports on CNN about Charlotte Figi having 300 seizures a week, taking 6 different medications that did nothing, and then finally seeing immediate SAME DAY RELIEF after her first dose of oil?  She has about one seizure a week now with CBD oil. 




    Reply
    mightiestmojo... it absolutely saves lives.  

    https://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/09/24/springs-woman-claims-marijuana-cured-her-sons-cancer/

    This is just one example.  People say they are anecdotal, which they are, but you have to wonder when these "anecdotal" news reports are appearing everywhere in the world.  I could show you hundreds of stories like this.

    Unawareness does not equal non-existence.  It wasn't that long ago that people thought the mentally ill were mentally ill because they weren't going to church often enough.  

    We discovered that this plant kills cancer cells over 40 years ago.  Since then, hundreds of studies have confirmed this.  Simple Google searches can reveal peer reviewed studies from doctors all over the globe.  

    Why are there families fleeing to Colorado for medicine to save their kids?  Why are there news reports on CNN about Charlotte Figi having 300 seizures a week, taking 6 different medications that did nothing, and then finally seeing immediate SAME DAY RELIEF after her first dose of oil?  She has about one seizure a week now with CBD oil. 




     
    mightiestmojo
    mightiestmojo
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2009
    Posts: 6735
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2015 - 6:27 PM ET #17

    C'mon. You've also got a lady saying it gives kids mixed genitals... I'm sure there are a hundred more of those stories too. 
    If you believe it saves lives I hope you're right. But if that's your argument to legalize it then you should probably find another one. I think legalizing it all over is the way to go simply cause everyone does it anyway then the govt can tax it and hopefully build schools and hire teachers (play to the kids angle that's normally a winner). 
    Reply
    C'mon. You've also got a lady saying it gives kids mixed genitals... I'm sure there are a hundred more of those stories too. 
    If you believe it saves lives I hope you're right. But if that's your argument to legalize it then you should probably find another one. I think legalizing it all over is the way to go simply cause everyone does it anyway then the govt can tax it and hopefully build schools and hire teachers (play to the kids angle that's normally a winner). 
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2015 - 5:11 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by mightiestmojo:

    C'mon. You've also got a lady saying it gives kids mixed genitals... I'm sure there are a hundred more of those stories too. 
    If you believe it saves lives I hope you're right. But if that's your argument to legalize it then you should probably find another one. I think legalizing it all over is the way to go simply cause everyone does it anyway then the govt can tax it and hopefully build schools and hire teachers (play to the kids angle that's normally a winner). 

    Well said.  For the record, I think it should be legalized for many reasons, not just because of the medicinal benefits.

    Nobody should believe me blindly when I say it saves lives, they should look into for themselves.  The guests at this meeting were calling these people experts.  They relied on them for the truth... for facts, but they didn't get that.  They got propaganda.

    Referring to a baby that she "heard of" or "knew of" and telling the audience that Cannabis use "affected that" when there are no such studies that would support what she said.  I know this because I've read dozens of studies spanning several decades and different countries, and none of them state any definitive proof that it poses threat to the fetus.  We know alcohol does.  We know other things do.  There is no known risk with Cannabis.  There is much speculation however.  That is easy to find.

    Somebody from the meeting actually might go home and tell her kid that this doctor was "telling us about how marijuana use by the mother made her baby have mixed genitals".  Then the teen gets on the web that night in his bedroom.  He spends an hour trying to find sound studies that confirm that this could happen for that reason.  He can't find any.  After hearing so much BS about weed, he figures they're probably lying about heroin too.  Why should he believe anything the "experts" say?  I wouldn't.  

    I only believe it saves lives because every day I get on the web and read news reports from newspapers (New York Times, Boston Herald, Washington Post, etc.) of people that testify that it literally saved their lives.  I listen to interviews.  I watch documentaries.  I look at peer reviewed studies.  

    This is what I enjoy doing in my free time.  I'm a nerd.  I do this daily.  Most people never do it, so they simply don't know.  But they'll hear Fox News in the background while doing dishes that, based on nothing, weed is gonna ruin the country.  

    I was clueless four years ago, then I started looking into it.  I've discovered that this "silly plant" actually does change lives, and has been for many, many years.  This plant helps us live better, and you don't need to get high if you don't want to.

    Progress is essential.  It was only 100 years ago that many states didn't allow women to vote.  As a nation, we can always get better.

      


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mightiestmojo:

    C'mon. You've also got a lady saying it gives kids mixed genitals... I'm sure there are a hundred more of those stories too. 
    If you believe it saves lives I hope you're right. But if that's your argument to legalize it then you should probably find another one. I think legalizing it all over is the way to go simply cause everyone does it anyway then the govt can tax it and hopefully build schools and hire teachers (play to the kids angle that's normally a winner). 

    Well said.  For the record, I think it should be legalized for many reasons, not just because of the medicinal benefits.

    Nobody should believe me blindly when I say it saves lives, they should look into for themselves.  The guests at this meeting were calling these people experts.  They relied on them for the truth... for facts, but they didn't get that.  They got propaganda.

    Referring to a baby that she "heard of" or "knew of" and telling the audience that Cannabis use "affected that" when there are no such studies that would support what she said.  I know this because I've read dozens of studies spanning several decades and different countries, and none of them state any definitive proof that it poses threat to the fetus.  We know alcohol does.  We know other things do.  There is no known risk with Cannabis.  There is much speculation however.  That is easy to find.

    Somebody from the meeting actually might go home and tell her kid that this doctor was "telling us about how marijuana use by the mother made her baby have mixed genitals".  Then the teen gets on the web that night in his bedroom.  He spends an hour trying to find sound studies that confirm that this could happen for that reason.  He can't find any.  After hearing so much BS about weed, he figures they're probably lying about heroin too.  Why should he believe anything the "experts" say?  I wouldn't.  

    I only believe it saves lives because every day I get on the web and read news reports from newspapers (New York Times, Boston Herald, Washington Post, etc.) of people that testify that it literally saved their lives.  I listen to interviews.  I watch documentaries.  I look at peer reviewed studies.  

    This is what I enjoy doing in my free time.  I'm a nerd.  I do this daily.  Most people never do it, so they simply don't know.  But they'll hear Fox News in the background while doing dishes that, based on nothing, weed is gonna ruin the country.  

    I was clueless four years ago, then I started looking into it.  I've discovered that this "silly plant" actually does change lives, and has been for many, many years.  This plant helps us live better, and you don't need to get high if you don't want to.

    Progress is essential.  It was only 100 years ago that many states didn't allow women to vote.  As a nation, we can always get better.

      


     
    Getty3
    Getty3
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 25178
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2015 - 8:08 PM ET #19

    This is just one example.  People say they are anecdotal, which they are, but you have to wonder when these "anecdotal" news reports are appearing everywhere in the world.  I could show you hundreds of stories like this.


    I spent too much time in my youth believing in the Bermuda Triangle, Bigfoot, and UFOs based on anecdotal evidence. Yet the same fairy tales persist today to screw with the next generation of gullible children. 

    Just smoke your crap and stop believing in it's magical powers. Bob Marley died of brain cancer at the age of 36 while being the biggest weed smoker on the planet. 
    Reply
    This is just one example.  People say they are anecdotal, which they are, but you have to wonder when these "anecdotal" news reports are appearing everywhere in the world.  I could show you hundreds of stories like this.


    I spent too much time in my youth believing in the Bermuda Triangle, Bigfoot, and UFOs based on anecdotal evidence. Yet the same fairy tales persist today to screw with the next generation of gullible children. 

    Just smoke your crap and stop believing in it's magical powers. Bob Marley died of brain cancer at the age of 36 while being the biggest weed smoker on the planet. 
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Oct. 19, 2015 - 5:35 PM ET #20

    Marley had cancer in his foot.   

    And it has nothing to do with magical powers.  Look up the endocannabinoid system.

    I'm sorry you wasted too much time on Bigfoot, and there aren't doctors and researchers all over the world appearing on CNN talking about Sasquatch.

    Poor comparison Getty 






     
    Reply
    Marley had cancer in his foot.   

    And it has nothing to do with magical powers.  Look up the endocannabinoid system.

    I'm sorry you wasted too much time on Bigfoot, and there aren't doctors and researchers all over the world appearing on CNN talking about Sasquatch.

    Poor comparison Getty 






     
     
    adamjoe
    adamjoe
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 1986
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2015 - 9:07 AM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


    Get a haircut, hippie.....


    Did you get that phrase from your grandpa? Grow the darn up. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


    Get a haircut, hippie.....


    Did you get that phrase from your grandpa? Grow the darn up. 
     
    adamjoe
    adamjoe
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 1986
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2015 - 9:12 AM ET #22

    Getty...Bob Marley died from melanoma (skin cancer) not brain cancer.  Try finding the truth instead of believing everything you hear/read.
    Reply
    Getty...Bob Marley died from melanoma (skin cancer) not brain cancer.  Try finding the truth instead of believing everything you hear/read.
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2015 - 2:19 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by adamjoe:

    Did you get that phrase from your grandpa? Grow the darn up. 


    Why you ungrateful whippersnapper!!

    I used to slap punks like you around in boot camp back in WWII!!!!!

    You get the hell offa my lawn with your loud disco music, wide ties, and your pot smoking before I give you something to complain about!!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by adamjoe:

    Did you get that phrase from your grandpa? Grow the darn up. 


    Why you ungrateful whippersnapper!!

    I used to slap punks like you around in boot camp back in WWII!!!!!

    You get the hell offa my lawn with your loud disco music, wide ties, and your pot smoking before I give you something to complain about!!!
     
    barneybeans
    barneybeans
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2003
    Posts: 9982
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2015 - 7:09 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by mightiestmojo:

      mixed genitals...
    My genitals were mixed last night - first in her puusie and then up her a$$, and I didn't even toke up!
    The pen is mightier than the pigs
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mightiestmojo:

      mixed genitals...
    My genitals were mixed last night - first in her puusie and then up her a$$, and I didn't even toke up!
     
     
    Bluefin
    Bluefin
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 8485
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2015 - 11:21 PM ET #25

    CBD oil works
    Reply
    CBD oil works
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,357
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 436
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,898
    • PART DEUX 159
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 848
    • Week 6 Money 8,515
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,854
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,793
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,286
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,263

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.