• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    I found something intriguing at work.

    nature1970
    StumpTownStu
    TheGoldenGoose
    JOHNNY_ODAE
    Midnight1
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 211
    Posts: 12
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Jan. 27, 2021 - 7:58 PM ET #1

    For those who know nothing of me.

    I am a carpenter work in construction in building season here in Maine.  During the summer. In the winter I work in recycling.

    Yea I am really an environmental activist. 

    I encourage all to five the three pc rule pick up three pcs of litter that is not your own every day. And put no more litter in the ground. And sea plankton will have the opportunity to grow and thrive. Giving earth 70 percent of the oxygen the other half need one need ow one needs co2 and we exchange in a symbiotic relationship between plants and animals.

    Any who I found e letters of historical significance. 

    A man wrote his fiancee when he was training at ft devons mass. As a cadet. She a nurse in boston He later wrote his then wife as he was commissioned as a captain she was practicing as a nurse here in the states.

    And she wrote back. Obviously these were thrown out by accident.  But it intrigued me . 

    Here I have a possesion conveying feelings in the sixties between a man and his wife while he was stationed in Vietnam.

    These letter went from massachussettes to maine to Vietnam and back again. As this couple emerged a relationship between war and the most intimate moments of trust that these letters were revered enough to cross the world... 

    To end on a trash line whose cargo was headed to China after sorting... so now I have them . I habe yet to read them word to word. Bu t simply glanced as I take what now I might esteemed as potential sacrament of two real people in their correspondence during a war most wished all would just forget...

    Merely a police action if hear politicians rhetoric...

    I will read these letters and publish the humanity connection without revealing the authors... 

     

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    For those who know nothing of me.

    I am a carpenter work in construction in building season here in Maine.  During the summer. In the winter I work in recycling.

    Yea I am really an environmental activist. 

    I encourage all to five the three pc rule pick up three pcs of litter that is not your own every day. And put no more litter in the ground. And sea plankton will have the opportunity to grow and thrive. Giving earth 70 percent of the oxygen the other half need one need ow one needs co2 and we exchange in a symbiotic relationship between plants and animals.

    Any who I found e letters of historical significance. 

    A man wrote his fiancee when he was training at ft devons mass. As a cadet. She a nurse in boston He later wrote his then wife as he was commissioned as a captain she was practicing as a nurse here in the states.

    And she wrote back. Obviously these were thrown out by accident.  But it intrigued me . 

    Here I have a possesion conveying feelings in the sixties between a man and his wife while he was stationed in Vietnam.

    These letter went from massachussettes to maine to Vietnam and back again. As this couple emerged a relationship between war and the most intimate moments of trust that these letters were revered enough to cross the world... 

    To end on a trash line whose cargo was headed to China after sorting... so now I have them . I habe yet to read them word to word. Bu t simply glanced as I take what now I might esteemed as potential sacrament of two real people in their correspondence during a war most wished all would just forget...

    Merely a police action if hear politicians rhetoric...

    I will read these letters and publish the humanity connection without revealing the authors... 

     

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jan. 28, 2021 - 1:25 AM ET #2

    Any way of finding them if they are still alive?

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Any way of finding them if they are still alive?

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jan. 28, 2021 - 7:24 AM ET #3

    Ever find anything GOOD?

    Box of jewelry?

    Stash of cash?

    Drugs?

    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Ever find anything GOOD?

    Box of jewelry?

    Stash of cash?

    Drugs?

     
    JOHNNY_ODAE
    JOHNNY_ODAE
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 2605
    Posted: Jan. 28, 2021 - 7:13 PM ET #4

    I commend sir. Thanks for being you. You take a fair amount of flack on here, think it's your prose, you make this sight better!!

     

    Reply

    I commend sir. Thanks for being you. You take a fair amount of flack on here, think it's your prose, you make this sight better!!

     

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jan. 28, 2021 - 8:05 PM ET #5

    Getting mail from a loved one is/was huge under those circumstances that still exist today. Not knowing if you will ever see each other again gets into your head and makes you want to live more than ever before.

    Filmmaker Ken Burns documented some incredible letters from the Civil War & when you read them, they could have been written yesterday.

    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

    nature..as Stu suggests, it would be awesome if you were able to locate the authors.

    Reply

    Getting mail from a loved one is/was huge under those circumstances that still exist today. Not knowing if you will ever see each other again gets into your head and makes you want to live more than ever before.

    Filmmaker Ken Burns documented some incredible letters from the Civil War & when you read them, they could have been written yesterday.

    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

    nature..as Stu suggests, it would be awesome if you were able to locate the authors.

     
    Doja45
    Doja45
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 2304
    Posted: Jan. 29, 2021 - 12:39 AM ET #6

    Report back after you read it. I bet it’s some steamy shit! Either that or it’s a Dear John letter and the bitch ran off with the tv repairman 

    Reply

    Report back after you read it. I bet it’s some steamy shit! Either that or it’s a Dear John letter and the bitch ran off with the tv repairman 

     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Jan. 29, 2021 - 5:27 AM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    Ever find anything GOOD? Box of jewelry? Stash of cash? Drugs?
    money at times over 100000 came down the line in envelopes before. It was a free for all a couple years ago.

    Came out 2700 richer. One guy found 35k that day.

    Quit the next day. Haven't seen him since.

    @stump town traced the owners to Florida.

    No obituary for them yet. Thought I mail them to a club she was apart of a few years ago.

    I read the correspondence of the captain after he was wounded . tough read and I felt that these are theirs if not their kids .

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    Ever find anything GOOD? Box of jewelry? Stash of cash? Drugs?
    money at times over 100000 came down the line in envelopes before. It was a free for all a couple years ago.

    Came out 2700 richer. One guy found 35k that day.

    Quit the next day. Haven't seen him since.

    @stump town traced the owners to Florida.

    No obituary for them yet. Thought I mail them to a club she was apart of a few years ago.

    I read the correspondence of the captain after he was wounded . tough read and I felt that these are theirs if not their kids .

     

     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Jan. 29, 2021 - 5:34 AM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Doja45:

    Report back after you read it. I bet it’s some steamy shit! Either that or it’s a Dear John letter and the bitch ran off with the tv repairman
    her letter was the usual she was going to Hawaii to see him and was complaining she had nothing fit to wear for Hawaii and how she was going to a seamstress for clothes . 

    Hiz waz the procedure to take a 1 inch pc of shrapnel from his lower abdomen... 

    He as a cadet I haven't looked at I was blinking tears afrer reading the other two. 

    Will translate the three letters today and post them with any names or places blackened . to just the story of two humans caught a world apart corrisponding. Both individuals seem to still be alive residing in Florida.

    His father's obituary here in Maine in 2011 listed them as survived by . 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Doja45:

    Report back after you read it. I bet it’s some steamy shit! Either that or it’s a Dear John letter and the bitch ran off with the tv repairman
    her letter was the usual she was going to Hawaii to see him and was complaining she had nothing fit to wear for Hawaii and how she was going to a seamstress for clothes . 

    Hiz waz the procedure to take a 1 inch pc of shrapnel from his lower abdomen... 

    He as a cadet I haven't looked at I was blinking tears afrer reading the other two. 

    Will translate the three letters today and post them with any names or places blackened . to just the story of two humans caught a world apart corrisponding. Both individuals seem to still be alive residing in Florida.

    His father's obituary here in Maine in 2011 listed them as survived by . 

     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Jan. 29, 2021 - 8:19 AM ET #9

    19 July 60

    Ft. Devons Mass.

    Dear xxxxx.

    I am using a little field expedient ( that mean maybe does with what you have). This my note takin pad , it's the best use I've put it to yet.

     It was extremely moral boosting to have your letter waiting for me when I got back my approach march today(that's where we make a big long march all over the countryside under battlefield conditions)

     We got up about 430 yesterday morning. And came night out our bivwac area set it up and then hung around for a couple of hours until classes started. That's the army ways of doing things. We were supposed to have a movie in the field last night but they said it be tonight so we get all ready and there no movie again. That's not exactly the way to handle troops that had a long hard March. I had a few problems myself when it got to the end of the March.and went into a defensive position . it started raining I mean raining. It really came down.

    It was raining so hard I lost control of my three squad leader yall y thecrutlong positions. Capt xXxX got slitely mad but that don't bother me I only got ten more days left.

     The first platoon of my company. Has got to go tomorrow morning and joull targets for one of the company that didn't qualify. I don't mind that because get out of going to those boring classes.

    I've got to go on guard duty tonight at 1200 and I get off at 0100. I'll probably get plenty of time to reminisce over the fatulous week -end. Mrs. XXxX sure is a wonderful person.(your not so bad yourself only in a different way). I sure wish every weekend could be as food as the last weekend when I got back to the barracks Sunday night. I just laid on my bunk and thought of you dear.

    I must of laid there for at least an hour until the sergeant came in an made me pack my park. Must get ready for sleeping out all add to this week go bye when I get a chance to mail it.

    430 Wed morning I'm ending this very quickly last night we had an electrical storm and we were all in our tents going to sleep at 999 when we're told to break camp. Because we were going back to the barracks.they were afraid a repeat from last year. Someone was killed by an metric storm during bivwac were fall in out for chow. Gruel night latter.

    Love

    Xxxxxx

    Reply

    19 July 60

    Ft. Devons Mass.

    Dear xxxxx.

    I am using a little field expedient ( that mean maybe does with what you have). This my note takin pad , it's the best use I've put it to yet.

     It was extremely moral boosting to have your letter waiting for me when I got back my approach march today(that's where we make a big long march all over the countryside under battlefield conditions)

     We got up about 430 yesterday morning. And came night out our bivwac area set it up and then hung around for a couple of hours until classes started. That's the army ways of doing things. We were supposed to have a movie in the field last night but they said it be tonight so we get all ready and there no movie again. That's not exactly the way to handle troops that had a long hard March. I had a few problems myself when it got to the end of the March.and went into a defensive position . it started raining I mean raining. It really came down.

    It was raining so hard I lost control of my three squad leader yall y thecrutlong positions. Capt xXxX got slitely mad but that don't bother me I only got ten more days left.

     The first platoon of my company. Has got to go tomorrow morning and joull targets for one of the company that didn't qualify. I don't mind that because get out of going to those boring classes.

    I've got to go on guard duty tonight at 1200 and I get off at 0100. I'll probably get plenty of time to reminisce over the fatulous week -end. Mrs. XXxX sure is a wonderful person.(your not so bad yourself only in a different way). I sure wish every weekend could be as food as the last weekend when I got back to the barracks Sunday night. I just laid on my bunk and thought of you dear.

    I must of laid there for at least an hour until the sergeant came in an made me pack my park. Must get ready for sleeping out all add to this week go bye when I get a chance to mail it.

    430 Wed morning I'm ending this very quickly last night we had an electrical storm and we were all in our tents going to sleep at 999 when we're told to break camp. Because we were going back to the barracks.they were afraid a repeat from last year. Someone was killed by an metric storm during bivwac were fall in out for chow. Gruel night latter.

    Love

    Xxxxxx

     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Jan. 29, 2021 - 9:54 AM ET #10

    28 Apr 67.

    Vietnam

    My darling xxxxx,

    As you can see I am where I should have been all the time I guess. I am set up quite comfortable with an IV in my left arm. So I can write with my right. After 3 straight days days of not stopping the liquid bowel movements I decided I'd had it. Major xXxX called the dispensary and said he had a capt he wanted admitted right away. I got my dressed and Sgt xXxX took me over to the 14th dispensary where I been 5 times in a little over 2 days. From there I went to the 67th evac hospital. Which doesn't mean they evac you it's just what they call the hospital. While I was in receiving they really whipped on me. 

    They got me completely stripped to the boots got me up on a table on my knees with my shoulders on the table. These shoulder braced I don't think I have to explain what happened next but I will. They got this hollow crime rod with a removable pushing head and corn holed me.

    That damn thing was 1 inch diameter and a foot long. But he thought he was using 7 or 8 inches. Then he pulled out the pushing head and looked around with a light.  Took a cotton swap and got a specimen way up in the colon. From there I shuffled a few more like vagssyration and baggage to get pajamas and leave my clothes. Then of to wash ten.

    Their are forty beds in the ward. And not bad at all. From what I gather there is me one other officer in it besides me.

    They.are going to give Kevin for 24 hours and the doc said that out to cleanse me out in good shape the doc I've got me over here is just fantastic he sat and talked with me for 15 minutes very casually getting my medical history like we were talking about the weather. My temp is over 103 so they keeping their eye on it.

    Now to go back to what finally brought me here. Last night after I finished you letter if you remeber right I felt much better than I did that day. Well that proceeded too when I went back to the squirts. I woke up with the sweats and chills but don't worry the doc assured me it weren't malaria. It could very well begin have annybic desintary and from the ivs. I figure that is what they are treating me now for. This morning was up at 7 for two quikies at the head. Then off to sick call again. I guess even the doc at the dispensary figured the penigiric was doing the job because he asked if I felt like going back to work.

    I don't just say no I said "Hell No" I still weaker than he'll so he gibw me 24 more hours of quarts when I got back I hit the John at 809 took a dose of pregoic band went to bed. I got up at 11 with anothwr couple of quickie and then back to sleep until 1 the major and xXxX got back a little after 11

    I got up and xXxX made some chicken broth soup and it was really good. It was the first and last of any bit of food I had since last Wednesday. Until I get done with these IV a

    It's 430 now and I been 9n the IV for an hour and half.and feel.great. I don't notice it is even in. Eberyone coming to aee me tonight they will bring the mail and take this letter out to mail.

    I wanted you to know that I am in the hospital again. There is nothing whatsoever to worry about. One good side effect of this I am down to 169 pounds I must of weighed at least 180 to begin with . the only trouble is the doc said that's mostly lost fluids and I get it right back quick. I m going to see if I can slow it down a little I miss you my darling and I live you don't worry I am straight.

    All my love always

    XXxX

    Reply

    28 Apr 67.

    Vietnam

    My darling xxxxx,

    As you can see I am where I should have been all the time I guess. I am set up quite comfortable with an IV in my left arm. So I can write with my right. After 3 straight days days of not stopping the liquid bowel movements I decided I'd had it. Major xXxX called the dispensary and said he had a capt he wanted admitted right away. I got my dressed and Sgt xXxX took me over to the 14th dispensary where I been 5 times in a little over 2 days. From there I went to the 67th evac hospital. Which doesn't mean they evac you it's just what they call the hospital. While I was in receiving they really whipped on me. 

    They got me completely stripped to the boots got me up on a table on my knees with my shoulders on the table. These shoulder braced I don't think I have to explain what happened next but I will. They got this hollow crime rod with a removable pushing head and corn holed me.

    That damn thing was 1 inch diameter and a foot long. But he thought he was using 7 or 8 inches. Then he pulled out the pushing head and looked around with a light.  Took a cotton swap and got a specimen way up in the colon. From there I shuffled a few more like vagssyration and baggage to get pajamas and leave my clothes. Then of to wash ten.

    Their are forty beds in the ward. And not bad at all. From what I gather there is me one other officer in it besides me.

    They.are going to give Kevin for 24 hours and the doc said that out to cleanse me out in good shape the doc I've got me over here is just fantastic he sat and talked with me for 15 minutes very casually getting my medical history like we were talking about the weather. My temp is over 103 so they keeping their eye on it.

    Now to go back to what finally brought me here. Last night after I finished you letter if you remeber right I felt much better than I did that day. Well that proceeded too when I went back to the squirts. I woke up with the sweats and chills but don't worry the doc assured me it weren't malaria. It could very well begin have annybic desintary and from the ivs. I figure that is what they are treating me now for. This morning was up at 7 for two quikies at the head. Then off to sick call again. I guess even the doc at the dispensary figured the penigiric was doing the job because he asked if I felt like going back to work.

    I don't just say no I said "Hell No" I still weaker than he'll so he gibw me 24 more hours of quarts when I got back I hit the John at 809 took a dose of pregoic band went to bed. I got up at 11 with anothwr couple of quickie and then back to sleep until 1 the major and xXxX got back a little after 11

    I got up and xXxX made some chicken broth soup and it was really good. It was the first and last of any bit of food I had since last Wednesday. Until I get done with these IV a

    It's 430 now and I been 9n the IV for an hour and half.and feel.great. I don't notice it is even in. Eberyone coming to aee me tonight they will bring the mail and take this letter out to mail.

    I wanted you to know that I am in the hospital again. There is nothing whatsoever to worry about. One good side effect of this I am down to 169 pounds I must of weighed at least 180 to begin with . the only trouble is the doc said that's mostly lost fluids and I get it right back quick. I m going to see if I can slow it down a little I miss you my darling and I live you don't worry I am straight.

    All my love always

    XXxX

     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Jan. 29, 2021 - 10:47 AM ET #11

    July 24th 1967

    Maine.

    Darling xXxX 

    There I am again with two letters to answer. Boy if the mail could continue like the till you get home. It has been fantastic lately.

    It is late again tonight as I've spent a ridiculous evening.

    Tomorrow is the coffee at xxx o.w.c. and I have nothing to wear. Everything that fits and is clean for Hawaii. If I spill coffee I will have no time to clean it 

    Anything I am not taking is too big. So I went to xXxX she has a yellow banner dress a nitty blouse that I tried on when she gave me the gown and then it wouldn't go around my bottom. Well now it fits beautifully. So I decided to wear it. Then when I came home and thought I wonder if my going away suit fits. So I dug it out and honey it fits better than when we were first married.bwhen we were married the dress was tight. In the bust but it didn't show and it was under the jacket well it now fits beautifully. So now I am all confused I was going to wear the blue fennel and the red and white checked two piece dressed to travel but it be little uae there. Now I think I can hem it and press it well enough. I'll use it for the travel. Also this yellow of xXxX is do damn cute I bringing that instead of the huge silk.

    So my darlingvill be in my going away suit or the beige suit from your graduation or the yelliw and white linen when I meet you. I just can't decide! If say the going away suit because I am just so sentimental! Guess you can't look for clues you just have to memorize my picture from trainny. Subtract 13 pounds and that's me! Today was sunny for three hours then a huge rain came I did get some sun but unfortunately I am not tanning. It is depressing. 

    The kids are fine today and things here are continuing on an improved keel. It is so damn good to have things peaceful.

    XXxX I have to be out of here at 9 I'll answer your letter as it was so late. 18 July your try to xXxX xXxX sound far better than I anticipated. I am very relieved. I hope when you come home you get to travel to were you feel best either XXxX or xXxX hi am relieved you have paper work on the steno. Don't lose it! I'll cover your comments on xxx xxx to.morow as I've a great deal to tell you. He is a screw ball and a liar.I think my greatest satisfaction ive ever had is having you say inspite of.my faults I've made happy now that just makes me feel like a million.

    They just broke into Johnny Carson President Johnson addressed the nation riots in Detroit are so bad they are sending 1500 fed troops plus some national guard and police . I wonder if xxx xxx xxx unit is in. XXxX is in the guard unit there as well. With the snipers in this mess tour safer there than the poor slobs in Detroit. I wonder what is happening in the country. 

    Well I am going to bed anx ignore the mess this damn world is in. And try and think just what the hell to bring to Hawaii. See you soon darling Becareful! I love you hon. Am my love always

    XXxX 

    Reply

    July 24th 1967

    Maine.

    Darling xXxX 

    There I am again with two letters to answer. Boy if the mail could continue like the till you get home. It has been fantastic lately.

    It is late again tonight as I've spent a ridiculous evening.

    Tomorrow is the coffee at xxx o.w.c. and I have nothing to wear. Everything that fits and is clean for Hawaii. If I spill coffee I will have no time to clean it 

    Anything I am not taking is too big. So I went to xXxX she has a yellow banner dress a nitty blouse that I tried on when she gave me the gown and then it wouldn't go around my bottom. Well now it fits beautifully. So I decided to wear it. Then when I came home and thought I wonder if my going away suit fits. So I dug it out and honey it fits better than when we were first married.bwhen we were married the dress was tight. In the bust but it didn't show and it was under the jacket well it now fits beautifully. So now I am all confused I was going to wear the blue fennel and the red and white checked two piece dressed to travel but it be little uae there. Now I think I can hem it and press it well enough. I'll use it for the travel. Also this yellow of xXxX is do damn cute I bringing that instead of the huge silk.

    So my darlingvill be in my going away suit or the beige suit from your graduation or the yelliw and white linen when I meet you. I just can't decide! If say the going away suit because I am just so sentimental! Guess you can't look for clues you just have to memorize my picture from trainny. Subtract 13 pounds and that's me! Today was sunny for three hours then a huge rain came I did get some sun but unfortunately I am not tanning. It is depressing. 

    The kids are fine today and things here are continuing on an improved keel. It is so damn good to have things peaceful.

    XXxX I have to be out of here at 9 I'll answer your letter as it was so late. 18 July your try to xXxX xXxX sound far better than I anticipated. I am very relieved. I hope when you come home you get to travel to were you feel best either XXxX or xXxX hi am relieved you have paper work on the steno. Don't lose it! I'll cover your comments on xxx xxx to.morow as I've a great deal to tell you. He is a screw ball and a liar.I think my greatest satisfaction ive ever had is having you say inspite of.my faults I've made happy now that just makes me feel like a million.

    They just broke into Johnny Carson President Johnson addressed the nation riots in Detroit are so bad they are sending 1500 fed troops plus some national guard and police . I wonder if xxx xxx xxx unit is in. XXxX is in the guard unit there as well. With the snipers in this mess tour safer there than the poor slobs in Detroit. I wonder what is happening in the country. 

    Well I am going to bed anx ignore the mess this damn world is in. And try and think just what the hell to bring to Hawaii. See you soon darling Becareful! I love you hon. Am my love always

    XXxX 

     
     
    Skipbone
    Skipbone
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 6368
    Posted: Jan. 30, 2021 - 1:00 PM ET #12

    Wish this shit was in English. Hurts my head to read it.paint_help

    Reply

    Wish this shit was in English. Hurts my head to read it.paint_help

    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,881
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 442
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,599
    • MLB Playoffs 16,893
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,186
    • PART DEUX 135
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,358
    • Week 6 Money 5,540
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,242
    • Wednesday 2,844

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.