I started with Vanguard buying mutual and bond funds before I started getting involved with individual stocks. Keep in mind that each fund through Vanguard cost a minimum of $3,000.
Educate yourself before you decide to buy anything but you might want to get started by at least opening it because I think it takes a couple of weeks to start investing b/w you opening it and the deposited money clearing.
BOL
I started with Vanguard buying mutual and bond funds before I started getting involved with individual stocks. Keep in mind that each fund through Vanguard cost a minimum of $3,000.
Educate yourself before you decide to buy anything but you might want to get started by at least opening it because I think it takes a couple of weeks to start investing b/w you opening it and the deposited money clearing.
You can talk to an advisor. I have a union brother that'll talk your ear off but he's more a nest egg roth IRA kind of guy. We're gamblers. We need the gunslinger that's gonna find us the next netflix. Also think about opening an Etrade account to get your feet wet.
R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
You can talk to an advisor. I have a union brother that'll talk your ear off but he's more a nest egg roth IRA kind of guy. We're gamblers. We need the gunslinger that's gonna find us the next netflix. Also think about opening an Etrade account to get your feet wet.
IRA / 401K/ ROTH are the way to go if you're young.(like 20's to 30's).. i prefer ETF's over mutual funds (less in fees) but you still have to do a little research to find out what industries are doing well and the ones in a downward spiral...jst keep rotating betw them...tech has been on a tear lately and oil has been in a tail spin...but that's jst two groups of ETF's ...plenty to choose from....good luck w- your investing...
IRA / 401K/ ROTH are the way to go if you're young.(like 20's to 30's).. i prefer ETF's over mutual funds (less in fees) but you still have to do a little research to find out what industries are doing well and the ones in a downward spiral...jst keep rotating betw them...tech has been on a tear lately and oil has been in a tail spin...but that's jst two groups of ETF's ...plenty to choose from....good luck w- your investing...