• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    hot/cold streaks

    marquee_
    searchwarrant
    Slobbasaurus
    TheGoldenGoose
    OneDollarParlay
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 764
    Posts: 8
     
    marquee_
    marquee_
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 3287
    Posted: May. 2, 2017 - 2:00 PM ET #1

    im on a terrible cold one right now.  from January-march I was pretty much making 5 k a month.


    got hit with some bills march than went cold and lost the 4k I had left.  since than everything I deposit has been burned.  for instance I deposited 50 on Friday...got to 1800 and now I lost it all. 


    feel like ending this nonsense...getting to 5-15k really made this an addiction imo. the highs are not worth the lows

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    im on a terrible cold one right now.  from January-march I was pretty much making 5 k a month.


    got hit with some bills march than went cold and lost the 4k I had left.  since than everything I deposit has been burned.  for instance I deposited 50 on Friday...got to 1800 and now I lost it all. 


    feel like ending this nonsense...getting to 5-15k really made this an addiction imo. the highs are not worth the lows

     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: May. 2, 2017 - 2:07 PM ET #2

    I'm dealing with the exact same disaster almost to the letter. 
    May sound like a cliche but remind yourself constantly to get into a positive mind frame because things will turn. 
    Reply
    I'm dealing with the exact same disaster almost to the letter. 
    May sound like a cliche but remind yourself constantly to get into a positive mind frame because things will turn. 
     
    marquee_
    marquee_
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 3287
    Posted: May. 2, 2017 - 2:16 PM ET #3

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    I'm dealing with the exact same disaster almost to the letter. 
    May sound like a cliche but remind yourself constantly to get into a positive mind frame because things will turn. 


    all it takes it that one loss to turn the stride.  when I was at 1800..i bet about 800 on one match so I could get In a good spot..lost it and from there it was downhill.


    I dunno if I need a break or to quit all together.


    the funny part is duing the hot runs..i had a time in February where I was up to 8700...I lost 8200 literally in two days.  I used that last 200 to get back to 10,000.  its crazy really.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    I'm dealing with the exact same disaster almost to the letter. 
    May sound like a cliche but remind yourself constantly to get into a positive mind frame because things will turn. 


    all it takes it that one loss to turn the stride.  when I was at 1800..i bet about 800 on one match so I could get In a good spot..lost it and from there it was downhill.


    I dunno if I need a break or to quit all together.


    the funny part is duing the hot runs..i had a time in February where I was up to 8700...I lost 8200 literally in two days.  I used that last 200 to get back to 10,000.  its crazy really.

     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: May. 2, 2017 - 2:34 PM ET #4

    Should gamble for entertainment and not for income.  

    I was in your shoes about 3 years ago.  I haven't placed a wager on a game (outside of Devils games when I go to Prudential) since the Germany/Argentina World Cup Final.

    I only place Future wagers for small amounts ($100-$250) and my bank accounts reflect it.

    Do what I did and quit while you're behind.  I know it's easier said than done.  After several months of not gambling, I really didn't have the urge.  I just looked at my accounts when I did.  

    I can't begin to tell you how much money I lost over the years chasing when I was on a cold streak.

    BOL Marquee
    Reply
    Should gamble for entertainment and not for income.  

    I was in your shoes about 3 years ago.  I haven't placed a wager on a game (outside of Devils games when I go to Prudential) since the Germany/Argentina World Cup Final.

    I only place Future wagers for small amounts ($100-$250) and my bank accounts reflect it.

    Do what I did and quit while you're behind.  I know it's easier said than done.  After several months of not gambling, I really didn't have the urge.  I just looked at my accounts when I did.  

    I can't begin to tell you how much money I lost over the years chasing when I was on a cold streak.

    BOL Marquee
     
    marquee_
    marquee_
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 3287
    Posted: May. 2, 2017 - 7:07 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    Should gamble for entertainment and not for income.  

    I was in your shoes about 3 years ago.  I haven't placed a wager on a game (outside of Devils games when I go to Prudential) since the Germany/Argentina World Cup Final.

    I only place Future wagers for small amounts ($100-$250) and my bank accounts reflect it.

    Do what I did and quit while you're behind.  I know it's easier said than done.  After several months of not gambling, I really didn't have the urge.  I just looked at my accounts when I did.  

    I can't begin to tell you how much money I lost over the years chasing when I was on a cold streak.

    BOL Marquee

    heh about this time last year i got up to 3k and lost it all.  I stopped betting for the rest of 2016.  like you said i didnt even have the urge all year long.

    until i deposited 70$ on new years and kept on winning.  I agree with you its best to not take it as income cause thats where the issues lay.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    Should gamble for entertainment and not for income.  

    I was in your shoes about 3 years ago.  I haven't placed a wager on a game (outside of Devils games when I go to Prudential) since the Germany/Argentina World Cup Final.

    I only place Future wagers for small amounts ($100-$250) and my bank accounts reflect it.

    Do what I did and quit while you're behind.  I know it's easier said than done.  After several months of not gambling, I really didn't have the urge.  I just looked at my accounts when I did.  

    I can't begin to tell you how much money I lost over the years chasing when I was on a cold streak.

    BOL Marquee

    heh about this time last year i got up to 3k and lost it all.  I stopped betting for the rest of 2016.  like you said i didnt even have the urge all year long.

    until i deposited 70$ on new years and kept on winning.  I agree with you its best to not take it as income cause thats where the issues lay.
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: May. 3, 2017 - 9:45 AM ET #6

    It's a real tough habit to quit but you have to be disciplined.  

    Like I said, easier said than done.  If you have a gambling urge, substitute it for investing in low cap stocks with growth potential

    It's still gambling.  It's just socially acceptable.  

    BOL, but the more you continue to gamble and try and chase a profit or recover losses, the deeper you're digging yourself in financially.  
    Reply
    It's a real tough habit to quit but you have to be disciplined.  

    Like I said, easier said than done.  If you have a gambling urge, substitute it for investing in low cap stocks with growth potential

    It's still gambling.  It's just socially acceptable.  

    BOL, but the more you continue to gamble and try and chase a profit or recover losses, the deeper you're digging yourself in financially.  
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: May. 3, 2017 - 12:25 PM ET #7


    Gambling bankroll should be separate from "household bills"

    This prevents the agony of a negative streak.

    I know it's difficult, been negligent myself, but should be a firm rule.


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Gambling bankroll should be separate from "household bills"

    This prevents the agony of a negative streak.

    I know it's difficult, been negligent myself, but should be a firm rule.


     
     
    OneDollarParlay
    OneDollarParlay
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2017
    Posts: 3
    Posted: May. 3, 2017 - 7:04 PM ET #8

    I'd say just realize that you won't get rich off of sports betting.

    Once you really implement that, you set your standards lower in terms of how much you need to win, etc. and a lot of your problems will autocorrect themselves
    Reply
    I'd say just realize that you won't get rich off of sports betting.

    Once you really implement that, you set your standards lower in terms of how much you need to win, etc. and a lot of your problems will autocorrect themselves
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,012
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,624
    • MLB Playoffs 17,017
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,917
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 341
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 447
    • PART DEUX 140
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,488
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,168
    • NFL WEEK 5 ........................2026 1,573

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.