Thousands of MGM Resorts International employees across the country have received notice that they will be laid off Monday.
The layoffs, which were first made public through a legal notice published in May, affect roughly 18,000 furloughed MGM employees — about a quarter of the company’s pre-pandemic workforce.
It’s unclear how many affected workers are based in Nevada.
A letter signed by MGM President and CEO Bill Hornbuckle was distributed to employees Friday morning, stating the layoffs come as the gaming and hospitality industries continue to face challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The company hopes to bring back a number of laid-off workers once business demand picks back up.
Las Vegas Review Journal
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
Thousands of MGM Resorts International employees across the country have received notice that they will be laid off Monday.
The layoffs, which were first made public through a legal notice published in May, affect roughly 18,000 furloughed MGM employees — about a quarter of the company’s pre-pandemic workforce.
It’s unclear how many affected workers are based in Nevada.
A letter signed by MGM President and CEO Bill Hornbuckle was distributed to employees Friday morning, stating the layoffs come as the gaming and hospitality industries continue to face challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The company hopes to bring back a number of laid-off workers once business demand picks back up.
According to the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, visitor volume in July was down 61 percent compared with the same period last year. Were bleeding out here in Las Vegas, I tell ya!
According to the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, visitor volume in July was down 61 percent compared with the same period last year. Were bleeding out here in Las Vegas, I tell ya!
According to the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, visitor volume in July was down 61 percent compared with the same period last year. Were bleeding out here in Las Vegas, I tell ya!
I might swing through next month. Do some climbing. Hang with my cousin.
R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
Quote Originally Posted by Daddy_Freddie:
According to the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, visitor volume in July was down 61 percent compared with the same period last year. Were bleeding out here in Las Vegas, I tell ya!
I might swing through next month. Do some climbing. Hang with my cousin.