2nd cat in 3 years.. 15 and 18.. they were sisters.. Our 15 yo we had to put down due to kidney failure in 2017 and her sister we had to put down 3 years later august 26.. it's been a few weeks but i feel as if i coulda done something but 18 years for a cat is a good run. wasn't eating or drinking and just pissing water.
you guys are my brothas and just askin if yous guys ever had to do it and have had that remorse afterward.
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
2nd cat in 3 years.. 15 and 18.. they were sisters.. Our 15 yo we had to put down due to kidney failure in 2017 and her sister we had to put down 3 years later august 26.. it's been a few weeks but i feel as if i coulda done something but 18 years for a cat is a good run. wasn't eating or drinking and just pissing water.
you guys are my brothas and just askin if yous guys ever had to do it and have had that remorse afterward.
Yeah. Getting old is not for sissies. Over the past three years I've had to bury my Mom & Dad, my Rottweiler & the Cat. It definitely sukks but I did all I could do for each and every one. So I have no hollow feeling in my heart. We do what we can do and then live our own lives. Plenty enough to keep us busy there Lennon.
~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
Yeah. Getting old is not for sissies. Over the past three years I've had to bury my Mom & Dad, my Rottweiler & the Cat. It definitely sukks but I did all I could do for each and every one. So I have no hollow feeling in my heart. We do what we can do and then live our own lives. Plenty enough to keep us busy there Lennon.
Buried our male cat 1 year ago, kidneys too, heartbreaking. Still have our female calico, she's 15, same birthday as me. She seems strong, healthy, and still playful. Our male never seemed as healthy, energetic, and strong as our female. He was mellow, but a great pet. His picture is on my phone, miss him alot. Have buried 3 dogs too in my life, never gets any easier
"I'm afraid all we may have done is awakened a sleeping giant."
Buried our male cat 1 year ago, kidneys too, heartbreaking. Still have our female calico, she's 15, same birthday as me. She seems strong, healthy, and still playful. Our male never seemed as healthy, energetic, and strong as our female. He was mellow, but a great pet. His picture is on my phone, miss him alot. Have buried 3 dogs too in my life, never gets any easier
It's tough putting a pet down. A few months ago we had to put our tortishell cat down. So a couple weeks ago we are driving around at night looking at cars at dealerships and at the Chevy dealership out comes a tortishell crying her head off. So it's near midnight and about to rain and this cat has a flea collar no id and it gets right in the car and in my wifes lap. So I said I guess we have a new torti. We took her to the vet no microchip and advertised finding her, no response. My wife thinks our former torti directed our new torti to us, why not. Anyway I named her Carlotta and she's doing well. Hope this cheered you up and remember the good times with your furry friends.
It's tough putting a pet down. A few months ago we had to put our tortishell cat down. So a couple weeks ago we are driving around at night looking at cars at dealerships and at the Chevy dealership out comes a tortishell crying her head off. So it's near midnight and about to rain and this cat has a flea collar no id and it gets right in the car and in my wifes lap. So I said I guess we have a new torti. We took her to the vet no microchip and advertised finding her, no response. My wife thinks our former torti directed our new torti to us, why not. Anyway I named her Carlotta and she's doing well. Hope this cheered you up and remember the good times with your furry friends.
The good part is how they become members of the family and go through family experiences (as children grow so do the pets) and putting one down I'd imagine has to be one of the toughest things to do. So many memories come flooding back and you feel the loss...it has to really tear at ya. Thanks for doing it in a dignified way Lennon.
The good part is how they become members of the family and go through family experiences (as children grow so do the pets) and putting one down I'd imagine has to be one of the toughest things to do. So many memories come flooding back and you feel the loss...it has to really tear at ya. Thanks for doing it in a dignified way Lennon.
Sorry to hear of your loss lennon, we had to put down a beautiful Irish Setter a couple of years ago from Cancer and it was really tough on all of us letting him go. We now have a little Morkie that we got for our kids, she's such a great addition and amazing little dog. It's never easy to lose a family member and pets are definitely family! Once again my sincere condolences lennon.
Sorry to hear of your loss lennon, we had to put down a beautiful Irish Setter a couple of years ago from Cancer and it was really tough on all of us letting him go. We now have a little Morkie that we got for our kids, she's such a great addition and amazing little dog. It's never easy to lose a family member and pets are definitely family! Once again my sincere condolences lennon.
we have a flamepoint siamese left to us by my father in law.. he's a handful and is 14.. my wife wants to bring in a kitten but i just dont know. especially when we've had the 2 for so long and we're not getting any younger. i don't think i can love like that again. it just wouldn't be fair to the new addition IMO.
we have a flamepoint siamese left to us by my father in law.. he's a handful and is 14.. my wife wants to bring in a kitten but i just dont know. especially when we've had the 2 for so long and we're not getting any younger. i don't think i can love like that again. it just wouldn't be fair to the new addition IMO.
Lennon, when our male died, we thought about another cat, kitten most likely. But we watched Maya, our calico. She settled right in as the only cat, she was always the dominant personality. She's definitely a happy cat, we had her since she was 2 weeks old. We decided against it, she's 15, and we did not want to disrupt the household dynamic, especially at her age. Hope that helps
"I'm afraid all we may have done is awakened a sleeping giant."
Lennon, when our male died, we thought about another cat, kitten most likely. But we watched Maya, our calico. She settled right in as the only cat, she was always the dominant personality. She's definitely a happy cat, we had her since she was 2 weeks old. We decided against it, she's 15, and we did not want to disrupt the household dynamic, especially at her age. Hope that helps
Lennon there are plenty of older cats in shelters maybe their owners died or went in homes etc. All our cats have been rescues and well worth the chance.
Lennon there are plenty of older cats in shelters maybe their owners died or went in homes etc. All our cats have been rescues and well worth the chance.
I had a cat (lance-short for Sir Lancelot) had him for 16 years. He died at my feet about 4 hours before I was starting a new job. I buried Lance in the back yard and proceeded to my new job.I played "OLD MAN" by Neil Young 16 times in the honor of Lance on my stereo. The very next day I buried my pot seeds over his grave. The pot seeds never grew. I think it was Lance telling me that my days were numbered smoking the ganja.
@zebrakiller
I had a cat (lance-short for Sir Lancelot) had him for 16 years. He died at my feet about 4 hours before I was starting a new job. I buried Lance in the back yard and proceeded to my new job.I played "OLD MAN" by Neil Young 16 times in the honor of Lance on my stereo. The very next day I buried my pot seeds over his grave. The pot seeds never grew. I think it was Lance telling me that my days were numbered smoking the ganja.