Hall of Fame
Joined: Sep, 2002
Posts: 22961
Posted:
#8
Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:
Anyone else here have a traditional staple at the table? Although I'm not a fan myself, we have Lasagna and Baked Ziti.
Considering us Yanks are a such a diverse bunch, I'm kind of interested to hear about what my fellow degenerates have on Thanksgiving.
Enjoy your fowl everyone and Happy Thanksgiving!
Growing up in a traditional italian family, with the turkey we always had (still do) baked ziti or manicotti (pronounced manigawt)
The real treat was the pre-dinner feast ... aka appetizers ...
Bruschetta w/ mozz, tomato and garlic
Meat stromboli
Cheese platter
Antipasto w/ artichoke hearts, stuffed peppers, mushrooms, sweet/hot peppers, assorted imported cheese, and FRESH italian bread.
The post dinner deserts were insane, too ...
Zepoles, homemade tiramisu and biscotti's are staples, to go with the more american standards of apple, pumpkin, and coconut-custard pies.
I'm starving from writing that ... have a great Thanksgiving, fella's

bigreds daddy
Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:
Anyone else here have a traditional staple at the table? Although I'm not a fan myself, we have Lasagna and Baked Ziti.
Considering us Yanks are a such a diverse bunch, I'm kind of interested to hear about what my fellow degenerates have on Thanksgiving.
Enjoy your fowl everyone and Happy Thanksgiving!
Growing up in a traditional italian family, with the turkey we always had (still do) baked ziti or manicotti (pronounced manigawt)
The real treat was the pre-dinner feast ... aka appetizers ...
Bruschetta w/ mozz, tomato and garlic
Meat stromboli
Cheese platter
Antipasto w/ artichoke hearts, stuffed peppers, mushrooms, sweet/hot peppers, assorted imported cheese, and FRESH italian bread.
The post dinner deserts were insane, too ...
Zepoles, homemade tiramisu and biscotti's are staples, to go with the more american standards of apple, pumpkin, and coconut-custard pies.
I'm starving from writing that ... have a great Thanksgiving, fella's
