To all fellow Americans I hope it inspires you to believe in peaceful protest and non violent resistance will make a lasting change for the betterment of our human condition
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
To all fellow Americans I hope it inspires you to believe in peaceful protest and non violent resistance will make a lasting change for the betterment of our human condition
I believe he was assassinated by the FBI. At the time of his death, King was heavily involved with the anti war (vietnam) protests and also certain labor rights protests
I believe he was assassinated by the FBI. At the time of his death, King was heavily involved with the anti war (vietnam) protests and also certain labor rights protests
Why is it Martin Luther Kind Day but when it comes to someone like George Washington it's called President's Day?
Because he's not Black....DUH!!!!
"I met Dr. Martin Luther King in 1962 in Memphis, Tennessee. I walkin' down the street minding my own business, just walking on. Feelin' good. I walk around the corner, a man walk up, hit me in my chest, right. I fall on the ground, right. And I look up and it's Dr. Martin Luther King. I said 'Dr. King?' and he said 'Ooops, I thought you were some body else.' "
"You lyin! You never met Martin Luther the King."
"Oh Yes he did, knocked the wind out of me."
-Barbarshop convo from "Coming to America"
Quote Originally Posted by chilitokid:
Why is it Martin Luther Kind Day but when it comes to someone like George Washington it's called President's Day?
Because he's not Black....DUH!!!!
"I met Dr. Martin Luther King in 1962 in Memphis, Tennessee. I walkin' down the street minding my own business, just walking on. Feelin' good. I walk around the corner, a man walk up, hit me in my chest, right. I fall on the ground, right. And I look up and it's Dr. Martin Luther King. I said 'Dr. King?' and he said 'Ooops, I thought you were some body else.' "
MLK day is a joke. There is nobody in today's "civil rights" movement that would get any respect from MLK. He was a real man, and had a great message... but nobody really listened in the long run. Just race hustlers now, looking for the free buck (Jesse Jackson, Sharpton, etc)
MLK day is a joke. There is nobody in today's "civil rights" movement that would get any respect from MLK. He was a real man, and had a great message... but nobody really listened in the long run. Just race hustlers now, looking for the free buck (Jesse Jackson, Sharpton, etc)
MLK day is a joke. There is nobody in today's "civil rights" movement that would get any respect from MLK. He was a real man, and had a great message... but nobody really listened in the long run. Just race hustlers now, looking for the free buck (Jesse Jackson, Sharpton, etc)
Couldn't agree more.
Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan9698:
MLK day is a joke. There is nobody in today's "civil rights" movement that would get any respect from MLK. He was a real man, and had a great message... but nobody really listened in the long run. Just race hustlers now, looking for the free buck (Jesse Jackson, Sharpton, etc)
His actual legal was Michael King. He tried to commit suicide when he was twelve but only jumped from the second story. He has a national holiday named for him, an honor no other American currently has. There is Washington's birthday, but not a George Washington day. He was part Irish
Just some info tidbits
His actual legal was Michael King. He tried to commit suicide when he was twelve but only jumped from the second story. He has a national holiday named for him, an honor no other American currently has. There is Washington's birthday, but not a George Washington day. He was part Irish
Dr. King did what no other could do, brought to pass that all men believe they are equal. He challenged the retoric and made Jeffersons words true. He died a maytre for peace.
that beig said he was a man who made mistakes but he overme intense adverserty to solidify a sense equal worth...
Dr. King did what no other could do, brought to pass that all men believe they are equal. He challenged the retoric and made Jeffersons words true. He died a maytre for peace.
that beig said he was a man who made mistakes but he overme intense adverserty to solidify a sense equal worth...
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.....
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.....
Why is it Martin Luther Kind Day but when it comes to someone like George Washington it's called President's Day?
Different states recognize several Presidents' birthdays on this day, not Washington alone.
And if you feel offended that Washington doesn't get full name recognition like MLK on the holiday, then why wasn't the same thing done for a far more famous holiday in Columbus Day?
Quote Originally Posted by chilitokid:
Why is it Martin Luther Kind Day but when it comes to someone like George Washington it's called President's Day?
Different states recognize several Presidents' birthdays on this day, not Washington alone.
And if you feel offended that Washington doesn't get full name recognition like MLK on the holiday, then why wasn't the same thing done for a far more famous holiday in Columbus Day?