Posted:
#1
That's right. Sunday June 16th 2019 is Father's Day.
My first Father's Day without my Dad who passed on March 3 this year at age 91. A pretty good run. If I could make a deal to reach age 91 I'd do it in a New York City second.
Some fun facts about Father's Day...
The very first "Father's Day" was celebrated in Spokane, Washington on June 19, 1910.
In 1924 Calvin Coolidge was the first President to publicly support plans for a National Father's Day.
It took until 1966 for President Lyndon Johnson to sign a proclamation calling for Father's Day to be celebrated on the third Sunday of June.
In 1972 President Richard Nixon officially signed into law a permanent recognition of Father's Day.
Happy Father's Day to all !!!
My first Father's Day without my Dad who passed on March 3 this year at age 91. A pretty good run. If I could make a deal to reach age 91 I'd do it in a New York City second.
Some fun facts about Father's Day...
The very first "Father's Day" was celebrated in Spokane, Washington on June 19, 1910.
In 1924 Calvin Coolidge was the first President to publicly support plans for a National Father's Day.
It took until 1966 for President Lyndon Johnson to sign a proclamation calling for Father's Day to be celebrated on the third Sunday of June.
In 1972 President Richard Nixon officially signed into law a permanent recognition of Father's Day.
Happy Father's Day to all !!!
~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
