• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Gotta love US Banks

    wallstreetcappers
    The Hawk
    TheGoldenGoose
    Goggles-Pisano
    jmw59
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 480
    Posts: 11
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: Dec. 15, 2018 - 2:45 PM ET #1

    So someone hacked an online merchant I've used in the past and this merchant stores a debit card (cant remove it) so they can auto-charge their yearly membership fees.

    I followed the usual steps to file a fraud claim with the online merchant and change password to account all that and then I call my bank and start to do the same to file a claim and change my debit card.

    My bank has the usual "your online safety is guaranteed protected" blah blah blah so I cancel the existing card and then they tell me it is a 50 dollar charge to expedite the new card coming out or I can wait a week to two weeks for normal processing.

    What the crap is that? You advertise online security and safety and then you fee me to get a new card?

     

    an_laugh  an_burn_money

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    So someone hacked an online merchant I've used in the past and this merchant stores a debit card (cant remove it) so they can auto-charge their yearly membership fees.

    I followed the usual steps to file a fraud claim with the online merchant and change password to account all that and then I call my bank and start to do the same to file a claim and change my debit card.

    My bank has the usual "your online safety is guaranteed protected" blah blah blah so I cancel the existing card and then they tell me it is a 50 dollar charge to expedite the new card coming out or I can wait a week to two weeks for normal processing.

    What the crap is that? You advertise online security and safety and then you fee me to get a new card?

     

    an_laugh  an_burn_money

     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Dec. 15, 2018 - 2:58 PM ET #2

    It's $50 to expedite.

    Just live on cash and checks for a week, It won't kill you. Just like the old days for Xmaspeace_5

    Reply

    It's $50 to expedite.

    Just live on cash and checks for a week, It won't kill you. Just like the old days for Xmaspeace_5

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Dec. 15, 2018 - 3:32 PM ET #3


    Sorry, can't resist...

    Corporate Fukks™
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Sorry, can't resist...

    Corporate Fukks™
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: Dec. 15, 2018 - 4:26 PM ET #4

    Yeah expedite...translation if you want it before the new year you gotta fork out.

    And yeah GG you are right about that. Every turn and corner they find some way to fee us to death.

    Reply

    Yeah expedite...translation if you want it before the new year you gotta fork out.

    And yeah GG you are right about that. Every turn and corner they find some way to fee us to death.

     
    Goggles-Pisano
    Goggles-Pisano
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 2693
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2018 - 9:47 AM ET #5

    Hate to hijack your thread. 
    Why do you use a debit card instead of a free credit card? I have 2 CC's which pay a small cash back % on purchases. Pay them off every month and use the cashback every so often to help offset the bill. 
    Agreed $50 is a bit much
    Reply
    Hate to hijack your thread. 
    Why do you use a debit card instead of a free credit card? I have 2 CC's which pay a small cash back % on purchases. Pay them off every month and use the cashback every so often to help offset the bill. 
    Agreed $50 is a bit much
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2018 - 9:57 AM ET #6

    You didnt hijack at all..

    I have a no fee rewards card that I use but this acct is from over ten years ago and back then this "merchant" didnt accept CCs so Ive always used debit here and I use debit most of the time because I track it like a hawk and no chance for a missed payment from forgetting about it like on a CC. I use a CC for larger things for the free cash back and keep no running balance.

    Reply

    You didnt hijack at all..

    I have a no fee rewards card that I use but this acct is from over ten years ago and back then this "merchant" didnt accept CCs so Ive always used debit here and I use debit most of the time because I track it like a hawk and no chance for a missed payment from forgetting about it like on a CC. I use a CC for larger things for the free cash back and keep no running balance.

     
    jmw59
    jmw59
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 14430
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2018 - 10:51 AM ET #7

    bummer wall   hope you work things out
    Reply
    bummer wall   hope you work things out
     
    Goggles-Pisano
    Goggles-Pisano
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 2693
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2018 - 11:39 AM ET #8

    I don't miss my monthly cc payment or my monthly donation to the ex wife as I pay them at the same time on the first of each month. If I miss the monthly donation I'll have bigger problems than a late cc fee.
    Don't feel safe giving any merchant direct access to my main bank account. I have another small bank account I use for the pony and sportsbook accounts. If that ever gets hacked it's small potatoes. 
    Reply
    I don't miss my monthly cc payment or my monthly donation to the ex wife as I pay them at the same time on the first of each month. If I miss the monthly donation I'll have bigger problems than a late cc fee.
    Don't feel safe giving any merchant direct access to my main bank account. I have another small bank account I use for the pony and sportsbook accounts. If that ever gets hacked it's small potatoes. 
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2018 - 2:15 PM ET #9

    Yeah I watch my bank acct like crazy, I log in several times a week and check every transaction and funny but Ive had two issues over the last month and hadnt in years before. This one and one where I used my debit card getting some petro and the company added a ZERO to my total, so I was adding 15 bucks to tide me over for a few days and they charged 150. So I have to call my bank company and explain that there is no way I spent 150 on gas because for the largest reason, these petro companies stop you at 75 no matter what so it was impossible that I spent 150. And yeah I do the "no receipt" option and no I wasnt buying cigs in the C-store after and even if that would be tough to hit an even number anyway. So that got cleared up but sheesh what a weird month.

    I am watching to see if the "online" retailer is going to chase after these scammers because they put their address in the ship to field for the stuff they bought...it would be easy to catch them and prosecute but something tells me that this particular retailer is too lazy to do that....but it will be interesting to see.

    jmw, thanks and yeah I am positive it will work out but it will also be nice having a new debit number so I dont have to worry about it and for SURE I will not be entering that new debit number at this "online" retailer...lol

    Reply

    Yeah I watch my bank acct like crazy, I log in several times a week and check every transaction and funny but Ive had two issues over the last month and hadnt in years before. This one and one where I used my debit card getting some petro and the company added a ZERO to my total, so I was adding 15 bucks to tide me over for a few days and they charged 150. So I have to call my bank company and explain that there is no way I spent 150 on gas because for the largest reason, these petro companies stop you at 75 no matter what so it was impossible that I spent 150. And yeah I do the "no receipt" option and no I wasnt buying cigs in the C-store after and even if that would be tough to hit an even number anyway. So that got cleared up but sheesh what a weird month.

    I am watching to see if the "online" retailer is going to chase after these scammers because they put their address in the ship to field for the stuff they bought...it would be easy to catch them and prosecute but something tells me that this particular retailer is too lazy to do that....but it will be interesting to see.

    jmw, thanks and yeah I am positive it will work out but it will also be nice having a new debit number so I dont have to worry about it and for SURE I will not be entering that new debit number at this "online" retailer...lol

     
    lennon65
    lennon65
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2005
    Posts: 15001
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2018 - 5:45 PM ET #10

    hey wallstreet, always wondered the Gene Rayburn pic. you a fan of Match Game?

    peace

    Reply

    hey wallstreet, always wondered the Gene Rayburn pic. you a fan of Match Game?

    peace

     
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2018 - 5:55 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by lennon65:

    hey wallstreet, always wondered the Gene Rayburn pic. you a fan of Match Game?

     

    Yeah Ive had that one for many years...Match Game is a classic!

     

    an_cheers

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by lennon65:

    hey wallstreet, always wondered the Gene Rayburn pic. you a fan of Match Game?

     

    Yeah Ive had that one for many years...Match Game is a classic!

     

    an_cheers

    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,886
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,605
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 445
    • MLB Playoffs 16,940
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,229
    • PART DEUX 138
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,362
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,258
    • Week 6 Money 5,712
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,147

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.