• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Gambling chasing losses

    SCC
    thorpe
    RandyC726
    Slobbasaurus
    GimmeMoneyNow
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 860
    Posts: 14
     
    SCC
    SCC
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 1191
    Posted: Jan. 18, 2016 - 3:04 PM ET #1

    Okay yall. So this was a pretty brutal season for me the last year or so. I would go in win streak only to lose it all (FYI: I play online only)

    Mainly put, I would gain a compulsiveness where I have to play almost everyday. I lost maybe $3k last year total which is a lot considering how that's almost a month a of pay. My reasoning? I still live at home (woohoo, spoiled 26year old living in an overpriced economy). I know, I know. That's just me trying to reason myself that a) I don't have to pay rent, so let's just spend money on idiotic stuff like online gambling. and b) maybe I can win it back.

    I got many reasons as to why I gamble and why I continue to do so. It first started off as a hobby. Since I love sports and all and my area has 3 teams that was constant (or was) contenders. Followed by finding a steady job after college and earning roughly 40-50k a year I was like I'll just gamble when I want and have some fun. After that I would have some winnings and be able to manage my money. Withdraw when I win a good amount after depoisiting a couple 100 onto the site. etc etc. At first it was a site that made withdrawal hard (sportsbook.ag) and I would lose more than I win (since I was too lazy to withdraw a small amount) and after that I went to Bovada where they had a withdraw VISA which made it easy.

    After a while I just gained a compulsion to gamble on everything and whenever possible. 3-4 games a day. MLB, NFL, NCAAF, NBA.  You name it, I've played it.

    If you made it this far, I just want your perspective on gambling addiction and how depressing it is and how to get out. It's hard for me to gain the concept and $3k is a lot of money. I could have gone to Japan or France. I could have put that into my retirement. I could have done a lot of things with that money. Instead I would just keep depositing $100 there and $100 here trying to make back $500 at a time betting on as many games as possible. It's to a point where it's not even fun anymore because all I do is deposit $100 know that if I win $200 I'm still down $2800. It's a crappy mindset.

    At first I had the right mindset where I set my money as play money and if I lose it, I'm content with it. While $3k won't ruin my life since I'm young and have no real bill to pay, it still stings a lot.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Okay yall. So this was a pretty brutal season for me the last year or so. I would go in win streak only to lose it all (FYI: I play online only)

    Mainly put, I would gain a compulsiveness where I have to play almost everyday. I lost maybe $3k last year total which is a lot considering how that's almost a month a of pay. My reasoning? I still live at home (woohoo, spoiled 26year old living in an overpriced economy). I know, I know. That's just me trying to reason myself that a) I don't have to pay rent, so let's just spend money on idiotic stuff like online gambling. and b) maybe I can win it back.

    I got many reasons as to why I gamble and why I continue to do so. It first started off as a hobby. Since I love sports and all and my area has 3 teams that was constant (or was) contenders. Followed by finding a steady job after college and earning roughly 40-50k a year I was like I'll just gamble when I want and have some fun. After that I would have some winnings and be able to manage my money. Withdraw when I win a good amount after depoisiting a couple 100 onto the site. etc etc. At first it was a site that made withdrawal hard (sportsbook.ag) and I would lose more than I win (since I was too lazy to withdraw a small amount) and after that I went to Bovada where they had a withdraw VISA which made it easy.

    After a while I just gained a compulsion to gamble on everything and whenever possible. 3-4 games a day. MLB, NFL, NCAAF, NBA.  You name it, I've played it.

    If you made it this far, I just want your perspective on gambling addiction and how depressing it is and how to get out. It's hard for me to gain the concept and $3k is a lot of money. I could have gone to Japan or France. I could have put that into my retirement. I could have done a lot of things with that money. Instead I would just keep depositing $100 there and $100 here trying to make back $500 at a time betting on as many games as possible. It's to a point where it's not even fun anymore because all I do is deposit $100 know that if I win $200 I'm still down $2800. It's a crappy mindset.

    At first I had the right mindset where I set my money as play money and if I lose it, I'm content with it. While $3k won't ruin my life since I'm young and have no real bill to pay, it still stings a lot.
     
    SCC
    SCC
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 1191
    Posted: Jan. 18, 2016 - 3:10 PM ET #2

    I would also like to add that my life is kind of vanilla. It's a cycle. I have a nice family and a good GF and a good bunch of friends. I would go to work (1hour commute in traffic) and do a very boring and tedious job that is not career growing. After that I would commute either back home or to my girlfriends where I would have placed my bets already. I think this vanilla life and a desire for a change of scenery (career wise) have created a sense of depression in my life and I try to fill that depression with the excitement of gambling. If I had a steadier career path then I don't think I would be gambling as much. While my position is a secure in that I won't get fired, I do want a change of scenery.
    Reply
    I would also like to add that my life is kind of vanilla. It's a cycle. I have a nice family and a good GF and a good bunch of friends. I would go to work (1hour commute in traffic) and do a very boring and tedious job that is not career growing. After that I would commute either back home or to my girlfriends where I would have placed my bets already. I think this vanilla life and a desire for a change of scenery (career wise) have created a sense of depression in my life and I try to fill that depression with the excitement of gambling. If I had a steadier career path then I don't think I would be gambling as much. While my position is a secure in that I won't get fired, I do want a change of scenery.
     
    thorpe
    thorpe
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 12927
    Posted: Jan. 18, 2016 - 6:04 PM ET #3

    I don't think gambling is your problem.  Your problem is you are 26, make good money (unless you live in NYC or SF) and live with your parents.

    You need to get your own place, pay your own rent/mortgage, pay your own bills, do your own chores, etc.  IE, start acting like an adult.  
    Reply
    I don't think gambling is your problem.  Your problem is you are 26, make good money (unless you live in NYC or SF) and live with your parents.

    You need to get your own place, pay your own rent/mortgage, pay your own bills, do your own chores, etc.  IE, start acting like an adult.  
     
    RandyC726
    RandyC726
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 1545
    Posted: Jan. 18, 2016 - 8:10 PM ET #4

    Word^
    Reply
    Word^
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jan. 18, 2016 - 8:28 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by thorpe:

    I don't think gambling is your problem.  Your problem is you are 26, make good money (unless you live in NYC or SF) and live with your parents.

    You need to get your own place, pay your own rent/mortgage, pay your own bills, do your own chores, etc.  IE, start acting like an adult.  

    SCC, as harsh as this may come across, Thorpe is giving you good advice here.  It is the truth; start acting like an adult.  We're not putting you down, at least I know I'm not, but that's the reality based on your 2 posts.   

    Think about it.  It's really unfair to your parents providing you shelter and food rent free while you use your discretionary income to gamble.  Meanwhile, they're footing all of your expenses.  You think they're doing this all because they love you (I'm sure that has a lot to do with it)?  They're probably allowing a grown man to live in their home so he can build a nice nest egg to get a leg up for your future.  

    You'd appreciate your paycheck more if your gambling money were dedicated to rent/mortgage, bills and food.  My advice: While you still have the opportunity, you should put aside as if you're paying rent and groceries.  By July, you'll see how much money you've saved.

    Phuck your losses as you can't change what's happened so don't beat yourself up over it.  The majority of us experienced really bad beats.

    WHAT'S IMPORTANT IS THAT YOU LEARN FROM THIS EXPERIENCE!

    BOL 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by thorpe:

    I don't think gambling is your problem.  Your problem is you are 26, make good money (unless you live in NYC or SF) and live with your parents.

    You need to get your own place, pay your own rent/mortgage, pay your own bills, do your own chores, etc.  IE, start acting like an adult.  

    SCC, as harsh as this may come across, Thorpe is giving you good advice here.  It is the truth; start acting like an adult.  We're not putting you down, at least I know I'm not, but that's the reality based on your 2 posts.   

    Think about it.  It's really unfair to your parents providing you shelter and food rent free while you use your discretionary income to gamble.  Meanwhile, they're footing all of your expenses.  You think they're doing this all because they love you (I'm sure that has a lot to do with it)?  They're probably allowing a grown man to live in their home so he can build a nice nest egg to get a leg up for your future.  

    You'd appreciate your paycheck more if your gambling money were dedicated to rent/mortgage, bills and food.  My advice: While you still have the opportunity, you should put aside as if you're paying rent and groceries.  By July, you'll see how much money you've saved.

    Phuck your losses as you can't change what's happened so don't beat yourself up over it.  The majority of us experienced really bad beats.

    WHAT'S IMPORTANT IS THAT YOU LEARN FROM THIS EXPERIENCE!

    BOL 
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jan. 18, 2016 - 8:36 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by SCC:

      It's to a point where it's not even fun anymore because all I do is deposit $100 know that if I win $200 I'm still down $2800. It's a crappy mindset.


    Broncos right now @ +145 - Moneyline the Broncos against the Pats next week for $2,000 - BOOM!!!

    And you even got an extra $100 to buy your GF something nice.....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SCC:

      It's to a point where it's not even fun anymore because all I do is deposit $100 know that if I win $200 I'm still down $2800. It's a crappy mindset.


    Broncos right now @ +145 - Moneyline the Broncos against the Pats next week for $2,000 - BOOM!!!

    And you even got an extra $100 to buy your GF something nice.....
     
    SCC
    SCC
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 1191
    Posted: Jan. 18, 2016 - 11:42 PM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by thorpe:

    I don't think gambling is your problem.  Your problem is you are 26, make good money (unless you live in NYC or SF) and live with your parents.You need to get your own place, pay your own rent/mortgage, pay your own bills, do your own chores, etc.  IE, start acting like an adult.



    Thanks for this. I do try and help with bills and grocery but you're right it's not fair that I gamble away several grand while my parents could probably enjoy that money for their own use. But I do live in an extremely metropolitan where rent is north of 3k for a one bedroom in a standard neighborhoods (Bay area) so moving out is not very the optimal solution until I save enough to put a down payment on a place. Or get a job in a different city. A resolution is to get a new job and advancement in my career tho. Hopefully this put all into perspective. Thanks for the suggestions nothing you all said were "harsh" in the slightest bit.... besides that ML Broncos bet lol! I won't play it since I'm going to stop gambling and focus on maturing as mentioned but I don't think Broncos can beat Patriots.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by thorpe:

    I don't think gambling is your problem.  Your problem is you are 26, make good money (unless you live in NYC or SF) and live with your parents.You need to get your own place, pay your own rent/mortgage, pay your own bills, do your own chores, etc.  IE, start acting like an adult.



    Thanks for this. I do try and help with bills and grocery but you're right it's not fair that I gamble away several grand while my parents could probably enjoy that money for their own use. But I do live in an extremely metropolitan where rent is north of 3k for a one bedroom in a standard neighborhoods (Bay area) so moving out is not very the optimal solution until I save enough to put a down payment on a place. Or get a job in a different city. A resolution is to get a new job and advancement in my career tho. Hopefully this put all into perspective. Thanks for the suggestions nothing you all said were "harsh" in the slightest bit.... besides that ML Broncos bet lol! I won't play it since I'm going to stop gambling and focus on maturing as mentioned but I don't think Broncos can beat Patriots.
     
    SportsFan9698
    SportsFan9698
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 5575
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2016 - 3:42 AM ET #8

    You are an awful gambler.  You talk about 3 teams near you that are contenders.... well those are the teams to fade.  Public favorites.

    If you love sports, and you like to gamble, but you want to get better this is what you do...

    You gamble online so perfect.  More than likely the minimum wager is $1.  You start from the bottom and wager maybe $1 - $5 per game.  ALWAYS the same amount.  You should be wagering 3% of your bankroll on each play.  If you get better, your bankroll will grow, and you will realize your dream.  If you continue to suck, no bid deal, it is small potatoes
    Reply
    You are an awful gambler.  You talk about 3 teams near you that are contenders.... well those are the teams to fade.  Public favorites.

    If you love sports, and you like to gamble, but you want to get better this is what you do...

    You gamble online so perfect.  More than likely the minimum wager is $1.  You start from the bottom and wager maybe $1 - $5 per game.  ALWAYS the same amount.  You should be wagering 3% of your bankroll on each play.  If you get better, your bankroll will grow, and you will realize your dream.  If you continue to suck, no bid deal, it is small potatoes
     
    SportsFan9698
    SportsFan9698
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 5575
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2016 - 3:56 AM ET #9

    BTW the Broncos will beat the Pats this weekend.... biggest public slaughter of the season.  In NFL Playoffs defense wins, especially at home
    Reply
    BTW the Broncos will beat the Pats this weekend.... biggest public slaughter of the season.  In NFL Playoffs defense wins, especially at home
     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2016 - 4:56 AM ET #10

    Grow up you pitiful excuse for a man, do you really believe anyone gives a rats azz? 26 years old and lives at home with mommy & daddy, your nothing more than an irresponsible spoiled adult brat, btw, what's your objective to even post a thread like this? all you're doing is embarrassing yourself...you say you have a girlfriend? what women in her right mind would date a 26 year old lame living with his parents? Personally, I think you're full of shitt all the way around.......you truly sound like a sniveling, snot nose 16 year old, talking Bullshitt on a gambling site....Your story has no merit

    Reply

    Grow up you pitiful excuse for a man, do you really believe anyone gives a rats azz? 26 years old and lives at home with mommy & daddy, your nothing more than an irresponsible spoiled adult brat, btw, what's your objective to even post a thread like this? all you're doing is embarrassing yourself...you say you have a girlfriend? what women in her right mind would date a 26 year old lame living with his parents? Personally, I think you're full of shitt all the way around.......you truly sound like a sniveling, snot nose 16 year old, talking Bullshitt on a gambling site....Your story has no merit

     
    Michfan15
    Michfan15
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 11316
    Posted: Jan. 23, 2016 - 5:26 PM ET #11

    Thorpe does have a point.  Get your own place and then you have to start budgeting for rent, groceries, etc. aka real life expenses, and your gambling habits will change real quick.  I was in the same boat several years ago.  Now I have a $1700 /month rent to cover, not even including utilities, makes you change your spending habits right quick.
    Reply
    Thorpe does have a point.  Get your own place and then you have to start budgeting for rent, groceries, etc. aka real life expenses, and your gambling habits will change real quick.  I was in the same boat several years ago.  Now I have a $1700 /month rent to cover, not even including utilities, makes you change your spending habits right quick.
     
    ClubTrash
    ClubTrash
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 756
    Posted: Jan. 23, 2016 - 9:49 PM ET #12

    The money you lost is water under the bridge. If you continue in this glorious business of ours all you can worry about is your money management from here on out. Any day you spin a profit is a good day in the marathon
    Reply
    The money you lost is water under the bridge. If you continue in this glorious business of ours all you can worry about is your money management from here on out. Any day you spin a profit is a good day in the marathon
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jan. 24, 2016 - 10:18 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


    Broncos right now @ +145 - Moneyline the Broncos against the Pats next week for $2,000 - BOOM!!!

    And you even got an extra $100 to buy your GF something nice.....

    .........and like I said, BOOM!! You're right back to zero. See how easy that would've been? But, NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

    {I won't play it since I'm going to stop gambling and focus on maturing as mentioned but I don't think Broncos can beat Patriots.}

    Get out now, because this obviously isn't your thing........

    P.S. - Tell your mom I said "Hello".............

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


    Broncos right now @ +145 - Moneyline the Broncos against the Pats next week for $2,000 - BOOM!!!

    And you even got an extra $100 to buy your GF something nice.....

    .........and like I said, BOOM!! You're right back to zero. See how easy that would've been? But, NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

    {I won't play it since I'm going to stop gambling and focus on maturing as mentioned but I don't think Broncos can beat Patriots.}

    Get out now, because this obviously isn't your thing........

    P.S. - Tell your mom I said "Hello".............

     
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jan. 24, 2016 - 10:22 PM ET #14

    Ha!  I would never do that if I were him though.  He'd be suicidal if they converted that on-side kick and kicked a FG to at the end to win by 1.  

    I was on Denver ML too with Pats 2H (-3) to boot!  

    Congrats  
    Reply
    Ha!  I would never do that if I were him though.  He'd be suicidal if they converted that on-side kick and kicked a FG to at the end to win by 1.  

    I was on Denver ML too with Pats 2H (-3) to boot!  

    Congrats  
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,355
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 435
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,890
    • PART DEUX 152
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 844
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,854
    • Week 6 Money 8,414
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,253
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,793
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,249

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.