And here, for years, I thought we actually had some control of what happens in our lives. The reality is that we control nothing. Our brains decide everything for us, so to speak. Every thought that pops into our heads dictates our actions, and we have absolutely no control of the neurons in our heads and the messages they send to other neurons. I certainly expect push back from this, and it’s possible nobody cares or even comments, but I just think it’s highly interesting. We are truly at the mercy of our biological make up, and the environment that we are born into. We don’t “choose” anything. We don’t “decide” anything. We are nothing more than bags made of skin, with a bunch of chemicals inside of it.
Free will is a myth
And here, for years, I thought we actually had some control of what happens in our lives. The reality is that we control nothing. Our brains decide everything for us, so to speak. Every thought that pops into our heads dictates our actions, and we have absolutely no control of the neurons in our heads and the messages they send to other neurons. I certainly expect push back from this, and it’s possible nobody cares or even comments, but I just think it’s highly interesting. We are truly at the mercy of our biological make up, and the environment that we are born into. We don’t “choose” anything. We don’t “decide” anything. We are nothing more than bags made of skin, with a bunch of chemicals inside of it.
And I do not agree with you. In life, there are situations when you need to choose this and called freedom of choice. The choice is always yours. All my decisions belong to me, like my life.
And I do not agree with you. In life, there are situations when you need to choose this and called freedom of choice. The choice is always yours. All my decisions belong to me, like my life.
On the topic of free will, "Dr. Manhattan" from the movie "Watchmen" will share his 2 cents on that:
On the topic of free will, "Dr. Manhattan" from the movie "Watchmen" will share his 2 cents on that:
"I have no choice. Everything is preordained. Even my responses." ![]()
"We're all puppets. I'm just a puppet that can see the strings..........." ![]()
![]()
The illusion of free will........
"I have no choice. Everything is preordained. Even my responses." ![]()
"We're all puppets. I'm just a puppet that can see the strings..........." ![]()
![]()
The illusion of free will........
Change your chemicals.
I highly recommend Fishers Island Lemonade.
100% spiked at 9%ABV it'll change your attitude in a hurry.
Change your chemicals.
I highly recommend Fishers Island Lemonade.
100% spiked at 9%ABV it'll change your attitude in a hurry.
And here, for years, I thought we actually had some control of what happens in our lives. The reality is that we control nothing. Our brains decide everything for us, so to speak. Every thought that pops into our heads dictates our actions, and we have absolutely no control of the neurons in our heads and the messages they send to other neurons. I certainly expect push back from this, and it’s possible nobody cares or even comments, but I just think it’s highly interesting. We are truly at the mercy of our biological make up, and the environment that we are born into. We don’t “choose” anything. We don’t “decide” anything. We are nothing more than bags made of skin, with a bunch of chemicals inside of it.
Listen to this, Sam has some great insights...
And here, for years, I thought we actually had some control of what happens in our lives. The reality is that we control nothing. Our brains decide everything for us, so to speak. Every thought that pops into our heads dictates our actions, and we have absolutely no control of the neurons in our heads and the messages they send to other neurons. I certainly expect push back from this, and it’s possible nobody cares or even comments, but I just think it’s highly interesting. We are truly at the mercy of our biological make up, and the environment that we are born into. We don’t “choose” anything. We don’t “decide” anything. We are nothing more than bags made of skin, with a bunch of chemicals inside of it.
Listen to this, Sam has some great insights...
You do have free will. Right now you can decide if you want to bet a game or go to sleep. Nothing is preordained. However, you may look at it now and say... "if you went to sleep it was preestablished by your brain". But that is a simplistic way of seeing it.
I put you another example. Lately Ive been having anger issues. Having a bad beat and crushing the keyboard, or jamming my fist on the door. I sat down one night after grinding and looked at how stupid this automatic unconscious behaviour was, and decided not to have it anymore. So far so good.
Same with tendencies in betting. What sets me apart from my friends that gamble is that after a session, mostly after I lose, I force myself to go through it even when deep down I don´t want it. Thats free will. That is my will.
Mediocre people will say all is established, and your destiny can´t be changed. However, succesful ones tend to be the ones who think quite the opposite. The ones that decided to rest less and work more, the ones that decided to keep getting up after each fall. You may say that is in their "automated impossible to change mindset" but I disagree. That is a decision... a conscious decision. We own those conscious decisions and through them, we control our fates to some extent.
You do have free will. Right now you can decide if you want to bet a game or go to sleep. Nothing is preordained. However, you may look at it now and say... "if you went to sleep it was preestablished by your brain". But that is a simplistic way of seeing it.
I put you another example. Lately Ive been having anger issues. Having a bad beat and crushing the keyboard, or jamming my fist on the door. I sat down one night after grinding and looked at how stupid this automatic unconscious behaviour was, and decided not to have it anymore. So far so good.
Same with tendencies in betting. What sets me apart from my friends that gamble is that after a session, mostly after I lose, I force myself to go through it even when deep down I don´t want it. Thats free will. That is my will.
Mediocre people will say all is established, and your destiny can´t be changed. However, succesful ones tend to be the ones who think quite the opposite. The ones that decided to rest less and work more, the ones that decided to keep getting up after each fall. You may say that is in their "automated impossible to change mindset" but I disagree. That is a decision... a conscious decision. We own those conscious decisions and through them, we control our fates to some extent.
Body talkin detrimental , I succumb to its villainous schemes , free will is a shill , syllables spill filling the scene
its a hill of beans , unsubstantiated rhetoric
who understands what’s created or the death in it ?
Less than you think
Develop a defense method , go ahead , let your head rest , forgetting the shittt
remembering’s for wimps
i mean
You’re not a skeleton wearing a skin and meat suit
deeply confused about peace , other people , how to police , or the truth
please let me see your teeth , I see you’re amused
a lunatic’s view , like a candle’s glowing light , illuminates the landscape shaking hands with unknown fright
accumulated dust , an organism in orbit spinnin’ , I’m not Morpheus , you’re just a corpse that’s livin
eating and excreting , deeply believing deceiving isn’t evilly robbing you ,
proof of the Apocalypse dudes ,
nonsense ? The truth ?
Probably just the pot and shrooms Spock sees God He wants what I used
giving me props plus the deuce
silly me I see lots , I hit the oblongata lottery , obviously a lot are confused
adorned sitting slanted the king’s crown is tantalizingly tempted to plummet from its perch
the Gift and the Curse like the rigid figure sitting in the hurse
this isn’t a scripture , this isn’t a verse , this is simply being sickened grinning till it hurts
as we float through time and space , the size and shape , a giant change , from the minds of apes to the high society we fake , my kaleidoscope eyes aren’t blind I’m just baked........
Body talkin detrimental , I succumb to its villainous schemes , free will is a shill , syllables spill filling the scene
its a hill of beans , unsubstantiated rhetoric
who understands what’s created or the death in it ?
Less than you think
Develop a defense method , go ahead , let your head rest , forgetting the shittt
remembering’s for wimps
i mean
You’re not a skeleton wearing a skin and meat suit
deeply confused about peace , other people , how to police , or the truth
please let me see your teeth , I see you’re amused
a lunatic’s view , like a candle’s glowing light , illuminates the landscape shaking hands with unknown fright
accumulated dust , an organism in orbit spinnin’ , I’m not Morpheus , you’re just a corpse that’s livin
eating and excreting , deeply believing deceiving isn’t evilly robbing you ,
proof of the Apocalypse dudes ,
nonsense ? The truth ?
Probably just the pot and shrooms Spock sees God He wants what I used
giving me props plus the deuce
silly me I see lots , I hit the oblongata lottery , obviously a lot are confused
adorned sitting slanted the king’s crown is tantalizingly tempted to plummet from its perch
the Gift and the Curse like the rigid figure sitting in the hurse
this isn’t a scripture , this isn’t a verse , this is simply being sickened grinning till it hurts
as we float through time and space , the size and shape , a giant change , from the minds of apes to the high society we fake , my kaleidoscope eyes aren’t blind I’m just baked........
Hot Forum Topics
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
