when do the roads usually start getting bad from snow and ice?
thanks guys
After Thanksgiving until about mid-April, you have a chance to run into issues. Depends on your vehicle, and destination. If you aren't going to the mountains, you are most likely fine, as the roads are fine even in the biggest of storms.
The mountain roads are cleared constantly to keep the ski traffic flowing.
If you drive a Geo Metro with bald tires, forget it altogether, but if you have a reliable vehicle with some tread on your tires, I think you would be fine at any point.![]()
After Thanksgiving until about mid-April, you have a chance to run into issues. Depends on your vehicle, and destination. If you aren't going to the mountains, you are most likely fine, as the roads are fine even in the biggest of storms.
The mountain roads are cleared constantly to keep the ski traffic flowing.
If you drive a Geo Metro with bald tires, forget it altogether, but if you have a reliable vehicle with some tread on your tires, I think you would be fine at any point.![]()
Do you make a habit of driving on closed roads? It isn't open in the Winter.
Never driven it, but I did ride a bike up it. Worst decision of my life.![]()
Do you make a habit of driving on closed roads? It isn't open in the Winter.
Never driven it, but I did ride a bike up it. Worst decision of my life.![]()
