• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Food you never buy because your parents thought it was so great

    SportsFan9698
    Slobbasaurus
    nature1970
    thecentaur
    CanadaCup
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 868
    Posts: 24
     
    SportsFan9698
    SportsFan9698
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 5575
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2016 - 11:34 AM ET #1

    My dad thought the bologna sandwich was a staple.  Always with Miracle Whip, and plain white bread.  He would eat these all day on the weekends.  It is because h e is cheap.  He simply could not bear to spend the extra $0.50 to get deli meat or decent bread.

    I have never bought bologna, or miracle whip or plain white bread in my adult life
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    My dad thought the bologna sandwich was a staple.  Always with Miracle Whip, and plain white bread.  He would eat these all day on the weekends.  It is because h e is cheap.  He simply could not bear to spend the extra $0.50 to get deli meat or decent bread.

    I have never bought bologna, or miracle whip or plain white bread in my adult life
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2016 - 11:43 AM ET #2

    Hahaha.  Same here man, but Liverwurst to boot!  I can't stand the taste of either.  Only difference is that they fry their bologna and put it on white bread.

    My mother and father both grew up really poor.  They both have really good jobs but they still eat it because that's what they grew up on.  I guess they never forgot where they came from, which I admire and respect.  

    They also used to eat banana and tomato sandwiches.  They also eat their meat well done, which I cannot stand.  It's rare or nothing for me (outside of pork and chicken of course).  The thing is that my grandparents coudn't afford quality meat so they had to spring for the cheap garbage.  So they cook the hell out of it which stuck with them through adulthood.  
    Reply
    Hahaha.  Same here man, but Liverwurst to boot!  I can't stand the taste of either.  Only difference is that they fry their bologna and put it on white bread.

    My mother and father both grew up really poor.  They both have really good jobs but they still eat it because that's what they grew up on.  I guess they never forgot where they came from, which I admire and respect.  

    They also used to eat banana and tomato sandwiches.  They also eat their meat well done, which I cannot stand.  It's rare or nothing for me (outside of pork and chicken of course).  The thing is that my grandparents coudn't afford quality meat so they had to spring for the cheap garbage.  So they cook the hell out of it which stuck with them through adulthood.  
     
    SportsFan9698
    SportsFan9698
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 5575
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2016 - 11:47 AM ET #3

    Yes I get that, my dad grew up poor as well.  But he made a good living as an adult.  He still seemed to like to eat bologna.  I call it mystery meat.
    Reply
    Yes I get that, my dad grew up poor as well.  But he made a good living as an adult.  He still seemed to like to eat bologna.  I call it mystery meat.
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2016 - 12:14 PM ET #4

    Again, same here.  My father just retired from a Senior VP position at AIG.  My mother is a Director of Nurses at an adult day care facility.  They both bring/brought in a lot of income, but they still their childhood food every now and then.

    This is kind f disgusting, but I actually saw my father open a loaf of white bread that was in our cabinet for a couple of weeks.  Ripped of the moldy part of the bread, and made a sandwich the "good" part.  I said, "Dad, you make over 6 figures a year.  Why don't you just go out and buy more bread?"

    Like it's nothing and without a blink of an eye, he responds, "It's still good."

    No kidding.  

    I played this to my mom and she started cracking up.  This old lady has a great sense of humor.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwbb3Uzmxqg

    Reply
    Again, same here.  My father just retired from a Senior VP position at AIG.  My mother is a Director of Nurses at an adult day care facility.  They both bring/brought in a lot of income, but they still their childhood food every now and then.

    This is kind f disgusting, but I actually saw my father open a loaf of white bread that was in our cabinet for a couple of weeks.  Ripped of the moldy part of the bread, and made a sandwich the "good" part.  I said, "Dad, you make over 6 figures a year.  Why don't you just go out and buy more bread?"

    Like it's nothing and without a blink of an eye, he responds, "It's still good."

    No kidding.  

    I played this to my mom and she started cracking up.  This old lady has a great sense of humor.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwbb3Uzmxqg

     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2016 - 12:41 PM ET #5

    pea soup after the easter ham meal we eat this porridge as a tradition simply cant stand the gunk.....

    along with oatmeal, cream of wheat maypoo all of the hot cereal .... never bought it or made it.....
    Reply
    pea soup after the easter ham meal we eat this porridge as a tradition simply cant stand the gunk.....

    along with oatmeal, cream of wheat maypoo all of the hot cereal .... never bought it or made it.....
     
    thecentaur
    thecentaur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2012
    Posts: 2049
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2016 - 12:44 PM ET #6

    My dad and granddad loved sardines.  I would see them eating a can and would almost get sick.  I actually force myself to eat a can now because they are a healthy source of omega 3 and are very low in the food chain so low levels of mercury.  Still disgusting though
    Reply
    My dad and granddad loved sardines.  I would see them eating a can and would almost get sick.  I actually force myself to eat a can now because they are a healthy source of omega 3 and are very low in the food chain so low levels of mercury.  Still disgusting though
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2016 - 1:17 PM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by nature1970:

    pea soup after the easter ham meal we eat this porridge as a tradition simply cant stand the gunk.....

    along with oatmeal, cream of wheat maypoo all of the hot cereal .... never bought it or made it.....

    I'm guessing you're Roman Catholic too?  Our family has the same tradition, but the only difference is that I love it.  That ham bone does wonders to that pea soup broth. It's all that fat surrounding the bone. 

    Adding to the my family's disgusting food list:

    Tripe 
    Blood sausage

    I'm open-minded with a lot of food, but these just skeeve me out. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by nature1970:

    pea soup after the easter ham meal we eat this porridge as a tradition simply cant stand the gunk.....

    along with oatmeal, cream of wheat maypoo all of the hot cereal .... never bought it or made it.....

    I'm guessing you're Roman Catholic too?  Our family has the same tradition, but the only difference is that I love it.  That ham bone does wonders to that pea soup broth. It's all that fat surrounding the bone. 

    Adding to the my family's disgusting food list:

    Tripe 
    Blood sausage

    I'm open-minded with a lot of food, but these just skeeve me out. 
     
    CanadaCup
    CanadaCup
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 16380
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2016 - 1:40 PM ET #8

    Cream corn couldn't stand it!
    Reply
    Cream corn couldn't stand it!
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2016 - 1:56 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:


    I'm guessing you're Roman Catholic too?  Our family has the same tradition, but the only difference is that I love it.  That ham bone does wonders to that pea soup broth. It's all that fat surrounding the bone. 

    Adding to the my family's disgusting food list:

    Tripe 
    Blood sausage

    I'm open-minded with a lot of food, but these just skeeve me out. 

    up here blood sausages boundon its more of a spread for guy like kertan. ripe I can eat but prefer corned beef for st patty's day
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:


    I'm guessing you're Roman Catholic too?  Our family has the same tradition, but the only difference is that I love it.  That ham bone does wonders to that pea soup broth. It's all that fat surrounding the bone. 

    Adding to the my family's disgusting food list:

    Tripe 
    Blood sausage

    I'm open-minded with a lot of food, but these just skeeve me out. 

    up here blood sausages boundon its more of a spread for guy like kertan. ripe I can eat but prefer corned beef for st patty's day
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2016 - 1:58 PM ET #10

    no sure the error correct but kcrackers for guy tripe for ripe4
    Reply
    no sure the error correct but kcrackers for guy tripe for ripe4
     
    mainman11111
    mainman11111
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 1083
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2016 - 1:59 PM ET #11

    r they going to live long? healthy? to pick off the mold?

    wat doesnt kill u make u stronger?
    Reply
    r they going to live long? healthy? to pick off the mold?

    wat doesnt kill u make u stronger?
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2016 - 2:38 PM ET #12

    I agree with the Miracle Whip - 

    Did anyone's parents ever make milk toast? You toast bread to almost black, then cube it up and pour milk over it like cereal...... Ugh!

    My parents are also from that "well done" steak era, and then, to add Iinsult to injury, they break out the A1 sauce...... Really? To me, anything beyond medium is burnt, and if you need A1, you're eating crap.....

    Liverwurst? - 

    And, no joke, my mom used to toast bread, then butter it on the insides like your making a sandwich, salt, pepper, and raw onion sliced, and EAT IT!!!!!! Onion sandwich?!?! No thanks......
    Reply
    I agree with the Miracle Whip - 

    Did anyone's parents ever make milk toast? You toast bread to almost black, then cube it up and pour milk over it like cereal...... Ugh!

    My parents are also from that "well done" steak era, and then, to add Iinsult to injury, they break out the A1 sauce...... Really? To me, anything beyond medium is burnt, and if you need A1, you're eating crap.....

    Liverwurst? - 

    And, no joke, my mom used to toast bread, then butter it on the insides like your making a sandwich, salt, pepper, and raw onion sliced, and EAT IT!!!!!! Onion sandwich?!?! No thanks......
     
    thecentaur
    thecentaur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2012
    Posts: 2049
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2016 - 3:20 PM ET #13

    Holy crap, tripe! 

    I was in Poland for a college trip one time and the kitchen cooked us a traditional Polish meal a la Indiana Jones Temple of Doom dinner scene.  There was a god awful smell coming from the kitchen like an invasion of a wet mangy pack of dogs.  Tripe soup yuck
    Reply
    Holy crap, tripe! 

    I was in Poland for a college trip one time and the kitchen cooked us a traditional Polish meal a la Indiana Jones Temple of Doom dinner scene.  There was a god awful smell coming from the kitchen like an invasion of a wet mangy pack of dogs.  Tripe soup yuck
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2016 - 7:24 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:

    Holy crap, tripe! 

    I was in Poland for a college trip one time and the kitchen cooked us a traditional Polish meal a la Indiana Jones Temple of Doom dinner scene.  There was a god awful smell coming from the kitchen like an invasion of a wet mangy pack of dogs.  Tripe soup yuck

    Gotta admit, I've had a good homemade bowl of menudo, though.....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:

    Holy crap, tripe! 

    I was in Poland for a college trip one time and the kitchen cooked us a traditional Polish meal a la Indiana Jones Temple of Doom dinner scene.  There was a god awful smell coming from the kitchen like an invasion of a wet mangy pack of dogs.  Tripe soup yuck

    Gotta admit, I've had a good homemade bowl of menudo, though.....
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2016 - 7:30 PM ET #15

    My dad used to buy corned beef from a specialty store and have it shipped in. I'd pretend like it was the best meal on earth but that crap is disgusting and it tastes like salty cardboard.. Every time I see an Arby's I feel vomitous.
    Reply
    My dad used to buy corned beef from a specialty store and have it shipped in. I'd pretend like it was the best meal on earth but that crap is disgusting and it tastes like salty cardboard.. Every time I see an Arby's I feel vomitous.
     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2016 - 7:56 PM ET #16

    LIver...any liver Chicken or Beef..Oh man.I still have to see it at work and cook it but don't have to eat it as a kid growing up.My old man liked anchovies on Pizza also..tried it once as an adult but still a no-go..I did change on baked beans tho,hated as a kid but love them now.

    I wonder if Jeffrey Dahmer liked liver?

    Reply

    LIver...any liver Chicken or Beef..Oh man.I still have to see it at work and cook it but don't have to eat it as a kid growing up.My old man liked anchovies on Pizza also..tried it once as an adult but still a no-go..I did change on baked beans tho,hated as a kid but love them now.

    I wonder if Jeffrey Dahmer liked liver?

     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2016 - 7:57 PM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    Every time I see an Arby's I feel vomitous.

    Holy Crap, funny you should mention Arby's. I've only had 2 cases of near-death food poisoning from fast food, both times.......... Frickin' Arby's!!!!!!! To this day, I can barely say the word 'Arby's'


    ....and I'm ready to puke......
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    Every time I see an Arby's I feel vomitous.

    Holy Crap, funny you should mention Arby's. I've only had 2 cases of near-death food poisoning from fast food, both times.......... Frickin' Arby's!!!!!!! To this day, I can barely say the word 'Arby's'


    ....and I'm ready to puke......
     
    bizkilla
    bizkilla
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 1725
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2016 - 8:43 PM ET #18

    bavarian and mild Italian heritage 

    So there were a few. And very interesting topic by the way. I cannot stand sauerkraut, refused to eat th cabbage when stuffed with delicious chit. Moms knew how to cook. 

    As a single dad and half control over to the ex, it's hard to get my kids not to be picky. Doctor says leave alone they'll let you know when they're hungry. So I like to offer balance. I'll make you a croque moinsier or you can have cereal along with a handful of berries. 
    Reply
    bavarian and mild Italian heritage 

    So there were a few. And very interesting topic by the way. I cannot stand sauerkraut, refused to eat th cabbage when stuffed with delicious chit. Moms knew how to cook. 

    As a single dad and half control over to the ex, it's hard to get my kids not to be picky. Doctor says leave alone they'll let you know when they're hungry. So I like to offer balance. I'll make you a croque moinsier or you can have cereal along with a handful of berries. 
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2016 - 10:06 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    LIver...any liver Chicken or Beef..Oh man.I still have to see it at work and cook it but don't have to eat it as a kid growing up.My old man liked anchovies on Pizza also..tried it once as an adult but still a no-go..I did change on baked beans tho,hated as a kid but love them now.

    I wonder if Jeffrey Dahmer liked liver?


    Oh man, I love anchovies!  I don't eat them on pizza but I'll put them in a mixed salad w/ homeade Italian dressing.  It also makes Caesar salad.  If anchovies and lemon are not added to the Caesar dressing, then it's not real Caesar salad.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    LIver...any liver Chicken or Beef..Oh man.I still have to see it at work and cook it but don't have to eat it as a kid growing up.My old man liked anchovies on Pizza also..tried it once as an adult but still a no-go..I did change on baked beans tho,hated as a kid but love them now.

    I wonder if Jeffrey Dahmer liked liver?


    Oh man, I love anchovies!  I don't eat them on pizza but I'll put them in a mixed salad w/ homeade Italian dressing.  It also makes Caesar salad.  If anchovies and lemon are not added to the Caesar dressing, then it's not real Caesar salad.  
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jan. 23, 2016 - 1:29 AM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:

    My dad and granddad loved sardines.  I would see them eating a can and would almost get sick.  I actually force myself to eat a can now because they are a healthy source of omega 3 and are very low in the food chain so low levels of mercury.  Still disgusting though

    Sardines are a miracle food and are beyond cheap.

    One of if not the most nutritious fish in the ocean.

    And if you pay a small premium for wild sardines and a brand name, they taste pretty good! And I NEVER thought I would say that in a million years before trying them.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:

    My dad and granddad loved sardines.  I would see them eating a can and would almost get sick.  I actually force myself to eat a can now because they are a healthy source of omega 3 and are very low in the food chain so low levels of mercury.  Still disgusting though

    Sardines are a miracle food and are beyond cheap.

    One of if not the most nutritious fish in the ocean.

    And if you pay a small premium for wild sardines and a brand name, they taste pretty good! And I NEVER thought I would say that in a million years before trying them.
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Jan. 23, 2016 - 1:40 AM ET #21

    kidney beans sandwiches, when we into the woods to work this as a main stay in the lunch box.

     ....food liked but can not find is pickled lamb tongues by Rodgers.
    Reply
    kidney beans sandwiches, when we into the woods to work this as a main stay in the lunch box.

     ....food liked but can not find is pickled lamb tongues by Rodgers.
     
    gold6185
    gold6185
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 1168
    Posted: Jan. 24, 2016 - 1:26 PM ET #22

    I'd starve before eating Arby's.
    Reply
    I'd starve before eating Arby's.
     
    thecentaur
    thecentaur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2012
    Posts: 2049
    Posted: Jan. 24, 2016 - 1:31 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


    Gotta admit, I've had a good homemade bowl of menudo, though.....

    I think there are enough spices and flavors added in that so the smell and flavor are masked or at least greatly improved

    The stuff I had was like pig parts in dishwater
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


    Gotta admit, I've had a good homemade bowl of menudo, though.....

    I think there are enough spices and flavors added in that so the smell and flavor are masked or at least greatly improved

    The stuff I had was like pig parts in dishwater
     
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jan. 24, 2016 - 8:50 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:


    Sardines are a miracle food and are beyond cheap.

    One of if not the most nutritious fish in the ocean.

    And if you pay a small premium for wild sardines and a brand name, they taste pretty good! And I NEVER thought I would say that in a million years before trying them.

    Love Sardines Scally. I didn't know they were so healthy but it makes sense considering all of the top fish oil capsule supplements tout sardines in a big way.Good info. 
    I guess it's a good idea to drain all of the canned juice out before chowing down.
    Herring is good too. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:


    Sardines are a miracle food and are beyond cheap.

    One of if not the most nutritious fish in the ocean.

    And if you pay a small premium for wild sardines and a brand name, they taste pretty good! And I NEVER thought I would say that in a million years before trying them.

    Love Sardines Scally. I didn't know they were so healthy but it makes sense considering all of the top fish oil capsule supplements tout sardines in a big way.Good info. 
    I guess it's a good idea to drain all of the canned juice out before chowing down.
    Herring is good too. 
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,355
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 435
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,890
    • PART DEUX 152
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 843
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,854
    • Week 6 Money 8,406
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,251
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,248

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.