• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    First time going to Vegas. Hook me up with some recommendations/ tips / critiques

    Messier-11
    Johnzimbo34
    HockeyTeeth
    gold6185
    the z bar
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 851
    Posts: 10
     
    Messier-11
    Messier-11
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 11184
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2017 - 9:38 AM ET #1

    I'll be staying at the MGM grand. Im there wed morning until saturday morning. I was originally supposed to be going with this girl I've been dating on and off but she had to bail and I decided I'm going anyway.Blessing in disguise. I'll be able to gamble and booze like a maniac now. I have been putting off this trip for years. It's just so easy to just bet on sites like heritage and 5dimes that its never been on the top of my travel list. 

    I picked the MGM because I heard they have the most active poker room. I'm going to try and avoid table games like Blackjack that always fack me and stick to the poker rooms 1-2 cash games. Maybe a cool tournament if there are any and the top prize is worth the grind / time spent when I could be exploring. What poker room is the best? Any Good tournaments? 

    Supposedly the MGM Sportbook isn't the best. Which ones do you recommend watching the games at / placing the bets? I heard the Legazze stadium and the Palazzo is good and the Aria.

    So besides the countless hours in the poker room and sports books I'm going to try and tackle these activities as well. The roller coaster at NY NY, the indoor sky diving, and the stratosphere big shot ride. I was also pondering going to The Gun Store to try out guns and do a litle target practice on some zombie posters. The red rock canyon hike horse ride were also recommended but idk if I'll have time to get those in. I've never shot a gun or rode a horse beforereallyhappy. Both seem like a good time or mb thats my inner broke back mountain talking.

     

    I hear weed is now legal and will be hitting a dispensary called Essence on the strip. That will make all the activites listed below much more enjoyable. Starting with cirque de soleil. Debating going to O or Ka versiong of that as well as Blue man Group. Joe Rogan is also tperforming at the MGM and I'm a big fan of his humor so I'll probably check that out. I also heard the Mandalay Bay Shark Reef acquarium is awesome and worth strolling thru. The other two touristy things I'm going to do is watch the volcano at the mirage blow at some point and watch the fountains at the Bellagio one night for a bit. The fountains being synced up to different music seems too cool.

     

    Not huge into the club scene. Waste of money imo. Can pick up girls at planet hollywood/ harrahs/ hardrock lower end casinos or random bars that younger girls goto party. If it happens, it happens. I'll just be doing my own thing chatting it up with whoever I come across. I hear I need to check out the spearmint rhino at some point so I'll be seeing a pair of tits one way or another. 

    Food/ Alcohol. Easy to get free drinks in the casinos. Will probably buy a 30 rack and some booze for my room as well. I've heard a lot of talk about the various buffets. I think I'm going to checkout ellis island and get some ribs/ beers. Earl of Sandwich, mon ami gabi, and the pepper mill all were recomended on sites I checked out.

    Do I goto Fremont street? Zipline?

    I wish the Golden Knights were in town. Bummer.

     

    OK that is all of it I think. Glad I have some adderall and a large tolerance to alcohol to keep me going through that three day gauntlet.

    Thanks in advance guys for any tips, critiques, suggestions, etc. 

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    I'll be staying at the MGM grand. Im there wed morning until saturday morning. I was originally supposed to be going with this girl I've been dating on and off but she had to bail and I decided I'm going anyway.Blessing in disguise. I'll be able to gamble and booze like a maniac now. I have been putting off this trip for years. It's just so easy to just bet on sites like heritage and 5dimes that its never been on the top of my travel list. 

    I picked the MGM because I heard they have the most active poker room. I'm going to try and avoid table games like Blackjack that always fack me and stick to the poker rooms 1-2 cash games. Maybe a cool tournament if there are any and the top prize is worth the grind / time spent when I could be exploring. What poker room is the best? Any Good tournaments? 

    Supposedly the MGM Sportbook isn't the best. Which ones do you recommend watching the games at / placing the bets? I heard the Legazze stadium and the Palazzo is good and the Aria.

    So besides the countless hours in the poker room and sports books I'm going to try and tackle these activities as well. The roller coaster at NY NY, the indoor sky diving, and the stratosphere big shot ride. I was also pondering going to The Gun Store to try out guns and do a litle target practice on some zombie posters. The red rock canyon hike horse ride were also recommended but idk if I'll have time to get those in. I've never shot a gun or rode a horse beforereallyhappy. Both seem like a good time or mb thats my inner broke back mountain talking.

     

    I hear weed is now legal and will be hitting a dispensary called Essence on the strip. That will make all the activites listed below much more enjoyable. Starting with cirque de soleil. Debating going to O or Ka versiong of that as well as Blue man Group. Joe Rogan is also tperforming at the MGM and I'm a big fan of his humor so I'll probably check that out. I also heard the Mandalay Bay Shark Reef acquarium is awesome and worth strolling thru. The other two touristy things I'm going to do is watch the volcano at the mirage blow at some point and watch the fountains at the Bellagio one night for a bit. The fountains being synced up to different music seems too cool.

     

    Not huge into the club scene. Waste of money imo. Can pick up girls at planet hollywood/ harrahs/ hardrock lower end casinos or random bars that younger girls goto party. If it happens, it happens. I'll just be doing my own thing chatting it up with whoever I come across. I hear I need to check out the spearmint rhino at some point so I'll be seeing a pair of tits one way or another. 

    Food/ Alcohol. Easy to get free drinks in the casinos. Will probably buy a 30 rack and some booze for my room as well. I've heard a lot of talk about the various buffets. I think I'm going to checkout ellis island and get some ribs/ beers. Earl of Sandwich, mon ami gabi, and the pepper mill all were recomended on sites I checked out.

    Do I goto Fremont street? Zipline?

    I wish the Golden Knights were in town. Bummer.

     

    OK that is all of it I think. Glad I have some adderall and a large tolerance to alcohol to keep me going through that three day gauntlet.

    Thanks in advance guys for any tips, critiques, suggestions, etc. 

     
    Johnzimbo34
    Johnzimbo34
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 1299
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2017 - 9:53 AM ET #2

    Find a hooker missing as many teeth as you.

    Best blowjobb everrrrrrr
    Reply
    Find a hooker missing as many teeth as you.

    Best blowjobb everrrrrrr
     
    HockeyTeeth
    HockeyTeeth
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 3675
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2017 - 1:11 PM ET #3

    Trip sounds like a blast, went to vegas over christmas holidays fours yrs running back in the 90s. Check cardplayerdotcom for list of poker tourneys in vegas.

    Guns sound like a blast, be sure to hit dispensary before that trip. 

    Maybe you will run into durant or whoever that was a few yrs back. 

    Merry christmas and Good luck. moneybag

     

     

    Reply

    Trip sounds like a blast, went to vegas over christmas holidays fours yrs running back in the 90s. Check cardplayerdotcom for list of poker tourneys in vegas.

    Guns sound like a blast, be sure to hit dispensary before that trip. 

    Maybe you will run into durant or whoever that was a few yrs back. 

    Merry christmas and Good luck. moneybag

     

     

     
    gold6185
    gold6185
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 1168
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2017 - 3:41 PM ET #4

    If you like E.coli--check out the Circus Circus buffet.
    Reply
    If you like E.coli--check out the Circus Circus buffet.
     
    the z bar
    the z bar
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2006
    Posts: 186
    Posted: Dec. 26, 2017 - 8:48 AM ET #5

    Three days is about right. Pace yourself. I've been to Vegas with and without a female companion and the best times were without. So don't allow that to tint your trip.
    Reply
    Three days is about right. Pace yourself. I've been to Vegas with and without a female companion and the best times were without. So don't allow that to tint your trip.
     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Dec. 26, 2017 - 12:29 PM ET #6

    A tip from a Vegas visitor last 17 years or so.Throw half those plans out the window as they are not happening.Then cut those plans in half and you may have enough time to handle it all.It sounds great on paper but once you get there stuff happens.You really want to see a show? Waste of 3 hours poker play..Aquarium? people get comped for that and say they would never pay for it..Lagesees overrated as hell and they say the sportsbook at Mirage is good now..Forget the Strat..You may want to check out Downtown though just to see the craziness..

    Once you are there in real life plans go out the window..you may end up getting laid,eating in food courts,too hungover/stoned any given day etc.

    After many years I avoid the Strip and touristy crap altogether now.I play and stay comped off-strip (Rio GoldCoast,Orleans) more locals mixed in there..just a slower pace..

    Have a great trip man..nothing like seeing the Welcome to Las Vegas sign going to baggage claim.

    Don't know your means of transport from airport but if by taxi and the driver takes you through a tunnel he is bumping up your fare going to MGM.Just take a pix of his ID Badge on the dashboard either way.If he does 'tunnel' you (As they do with obvious first-timers) get your bag out of the car and then say you tunneled me and give him a few bucks or you will call the taxi-authority.He'll be gone in a minute.

    He'll protest about surface traffic but it is BS.

    Post how the trip played out!

    Reply

    A tip from a Vegas visitor last 17 years or so.Throw half those plans out the window as they are not happening.Then cut those plans in half and you may have enough time to handle it all.It sounds great on paper but once you get there stuff happens.You really want to see a show? Waste of 3 hours poker play..Aquarium? people get comped for that and say they would never pay for it..Lagesees overrated as hell and they say the sportsbook at Mirage is good now..Forget the Strat..You may want to check out Downtown though just to see the craziness..

    Once you are there in real life plans go out the window..you may end up getting laid,eating in food courts,too hungover/stoned any given day etc.

    After many years I avoid the Strip and touristy crap altogether now.I play and stay comped off-strip (Rio GoldCoast,Orleans) more locals mixed in there..just a slower pace..

    Have a great trip man..nothing like seeing the Welcome to Las Vegas sign going to baggage claim.

    Don't know your means of transport from airport but if by taxi and the driver takes you through a tunnel he is bumping up your fare going to MGM.Just take a pix of his ID Badge on the dashboard either way.If he does 'tunnel' you (As they do with obvious first-timers) get your bag out of the car and then say you tunneled me and give him a few bucks or you will call the taxi-authority.He'll be gone in a minute.

    He'll protest about surface traffic but it is BS.

    Post how the trip played out!

     
    Goggles-Pisano
    Goggles-Pisano
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 2693
    Posted: Dec. 26, 2017 - 4:22 PM ET #7

    Freemont street is awesome, go 1 night but not during the day. Zip line, up to u.
    Stop by caesars sportsbook. You maynot leave. FYI - A horse bet used to get a drink ticket. If that still works never buy a drink. Ask a teller. $5 On any short field favorite, your live and drunk for free. Or pick a pig. 
    You can't beat breakfast w a bloody mary at the french outdoor/indoor resturant at Paris. Name escapes me. 
    Shark reef, ah no
    Aria sportsbook, go take a peek on ur walk to caesars. Its nothing much but maybe u recognize someone in the aria poker room.
    As James said your eyes are bigger than your stomach. Red rock canyon is cool if u have a car and the time. Horseback ride. Not enough time. Next trip i recommend the guided hoover dam 10 mile kayak trip.
    Never did the gun thing, sounds sweet
    Play poker, drink, gamble and don't forget to eat. Never had a bad meal at Bobby Flays by caesars sportsbook. A little pricey but its vegas. Marylns Cafe in the Tuscany has really good food and not expensive. Just off strip on East Flamingo. 1/4 mile walk from the back entrance to Ballys. Pancake chain near MGM. 
    Roller coaster, why not its right across the street from MGM. 
    Stratosphere, stay away from that area.

    Have fun, report back if u make it home. 


    Reply
    Freemont street is awesome, go 1 night but not during the day. Zip line, up to u.
    Stop by caesars sportsbook. You maynot leave. FYI - A horse bet used to get a drink ticket. If that still works never buy a drink. Ask a teller. $5 On any short field favorite, your live and drunk for free. Or pick a pig. 
    You can't beat breakfast w a bloody mary at the french outdoor/indoor resturant at Paris. Name escapes me. 
    Shark reef, ah no
    Aria sportsbook, go take a peek on ur walk to caesars. Its nothing much but maybe u recognize someone in the aria poker room.
    As James said your eyes are bigger than your stomach. Red rock canyon is cool if u have a car and the time. Horseback ride. Not enough time. Next trip i recommend the guided hoover dam 10 mile kayak trip.
    Never did the gun thing, sounds sweet
    Play poker, drink, gamble and don't forget to eat. Never had a bad meal at Bobby Flays by caesars sportsbook. A little pricey but its vegas. Marylns Cafe in the Tuscany has really good food and not expensive. Just off strip on East Flamingo. 1/4 mile walk from the back entrance to Ballys. Pancake chain near MGM. 
    Roller coaster, why not its right across the street from MGM. 
    Stratosphere, stay away from that area.

    Have fun, report back if u make it home. 


     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Dec. 26, 2017 - 5:14 PM ET #8

    If you do that indoor sky-dive, 3-1 you'll break an ankle.I thought it closed down because of law-suits.
    Reply
    If you do that indoor sky-dive, 3-1 you'll break an ankle.I thought it closed down because of law-suits.
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Dec. 26, 2017 - 8:31 PM ET #9

    I know no chick, but are you going with a buddy or two? If so, that changes a lot. Instead of Spearmint Rhino, there's a few strip clubs you could call and they'll send a stocked limo to pick you & your buddies up wherever you are - free of charge. Treasures? Olympic Gardens? I think they both do that. Especially on a nothing Wednesday night?!?! You'll roll V.I.M.F'nP.!!!!
    Skip the roller coasters & the thing at the Stratosphere - unless you're one of those roller coaster junkies that needs to "experience" as many different ones as you can. I guarantee you that you've been on better ones at your local theme park by your house.
    Go downtown one night, but skip the "zipline". Locals help me out, b ut doesn't it just go from like "Slotzilla" to in front of the Golden Nugget? What's that, like 800 yards? And you're just like 30 feet above the people walking on Fremont Street. Pass.....
    The guns sound cool, the hike sounds cool - perfect time of the year to do that, you're staying at MGM, close enough for great poker, booze, loose women, bars with live music, buffets, world-class restaurants, and you can stumble back to your room - with or without some of the "local talent" who may or may not have been born a dude, but by then, you won't care.....
    Let us know how it goes!
    Good Luck!
    Reply
    I know no chick, but are you going with a buddy or two? If so, that changes a lot. Instead of Spearmint Rhino, there's a few strip clubs you could call and they'll send a stocked limo to pick you & your buddies up wherever you are - free of charge. Treasures? Olympic Gardens? I think they both do that. Especially on a nothing Wednesday night?!?! You'll roll V.I.M.F'nP.!!!!
    Skip the roller coasters & the thing at the Stratosphere - unless you're one of those roller coaster junkies that needs to "experience" as many different ones as you can. I guarantee you that you've been on better ones at your local theme park by your house.
    Go downtown one night, but skip the "zipline". Locals help me out, b ut doesn't it just go from like "Slotzilla" to in front of the Golden Nugget? What's that, like 800 yards? And you're just like 30 feet above the people walking on Fremont Street. Pass.....
    The guns sound cool, the hike sounds cool - perfect time of the year to do that, you're staying at MGM, close enough for great poker, booze, loose women, bars with live music, buffets, world-class restaurants, and you can stumble back to your room - with or without some of the "local talent" who may or may not have been born a dude, but by then, you won't care.....
    Let us know how it goes!
    Good Luck!
     
     
    Crusher13
    Crusher13
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 8064
    Posted: Dec. 26, 2017 - 11:47 PM ET #10

    MESSIER??Never EVER been to Sin City yet..


    It'll take YOU  at LEAST 2/ 3 trips till you can ACTUALLY get your arms around the place  

    First and foremost..you at least NEED to venture down to SOUTHPOINT where I discovered Cova's 9 years ago... Go watch "BIG GAME BRENT" do all his Bowl game commentary(LIVE on syndicated RADIO at that) and forecasting...btw..make sure you pick up your complimentary L.V.  Sports Gambling Guide...some columnists DO have some dead on analysis....  

    Especially THIS UPCOMING BOWL WEEK....


    Secondly..the STRIP is a TOTAl "MUST SEE" Tourist  "Trap" like none other ANYWHERE in America  


    MIRAGE Volcano, NYNY Roller Coaster (never done t but will some trip there), Bellagio Fountains and their UNREAL artwork inside... WYNN's newly updated Sportsbook   MUST STOP by WESTGATE.awesome Book .so much to see and do..LUXOR..ANOTHER TRIP IS TOTALLY necessary..All the STATIONS CASINOS, RED ROCK, RIO... ...so much GROUND to cover....


    Sadly but TRUE..All table games at least $10..maybe $15 this week for upcoming New Years visitors(sucka's).....All Small action DOWNTOWN where you get the most bang for the BUCK...


    Btw..I LOVE Ellis Island..there is a VERY GOOD BBQ place there and an EVEN better Karaoke Bar hung out by plenty of LOCALS....Definitely stop by...
    Kinda "ratty" motel there though..

    MUST AT least go down to ole' FREMONT Street...BEST value in vegas..I, personally LOVE the "D" with all those chica dealers and dancers..gonna be rocking this week..DEFINITELT take in as much as you can...was there last week..2 BEST B'Fast buffets around at Main St Sation AND The  California,,,,great property despite all the "  " influense there..especially their LATE Night Craps table which I was 86'd from ..

    Gotta at least check out Containerville' and THE El Cortez....Especially ALL those "street"peps down on Fremont/..DON"T SKIP...

    And YES..YOU will be very DRUNK and high while there..free unlimited Booze.... as long as you belly UP to any video Poker machine at ANY bar in L.V..


    Maybe save Stratosphere for next time..like some said in this thread..Not NEARLY enough time to take EVERYTHING in..gotta plan some more visits..

    I'm VERY LUCKY..I'm going back to  multiple Bowl Game tix....

    Have a BLAST in your VIRGIN visit to "SIN CITY" 


    Btw...BET the RANCH on TCU to Cova vs Tree...

     Juz my 2cents... ....CRUSHER
    Reply
    MESSIER??Never EVER been to Sin City yet..


    It'll take YOU  at LEAST 2/ 3 trips till you can ACTUALLY get your arms around the place  

    First and foremost..you at least NEED to venture down to SOUTHPOINT where I discovered Cova's 9 years ago... Go watch "BIG GAME BRENT" do all his Bowl game commentary(LIVE on syndicated RADIO at that) and forecasting...btw..make sure you pick up your complimentary L.V.  Sports Gambling Guide...some columnists DO have some dead on analysis....  

    Especially THIS UPCOMING BOWL WEEK....


    Secondly..the STRIP is a TOTAl "MUST SEE" Tourist  "Trap" like none other ANYWHERE in America  


    MIRAGE Volcano, NYNY Roller Coaster (never done t but will some trip there), Bellagio Fountains and their UNREAL artwork inside... WYNN's newly updated Sportsbook   MUST STOP by WESTGATE.awesome Book .so much to see and do..LUXOR..ANOTHER TRIP IS TOTALLY necessary..All the STATIONS CASINOS, RED ROCK, RIO... ...so much GROUND to cover....


    Sadly but TRUE..All table games at least $10..maybe $15 this week for upcoming New Years visitors(sucka's).....All Small action DOWNTOWN where you get the most bang for the BUCK...


    Btw..I LOVE Ellis Island..there is a VERY GOOD BBQ place there and an EVEN better Karaoke Bar hung out by plenty of LOCALS....Definitely stop by...
    Kinda "ratty" motel there though..

    MUST AT least go down to ole' FREMONT Street...BEST value in vegas..I, personally LOVE the "D" with all those chica dealers and dancers..gonna be rocking this week..DEFINITELT take in as much as you can...was there last week..2 BEST B'Fast buffets around at Main St Sation AND The  California,,,,great property despite all the "  " influense there..especially their LATE Night Craps table which I was 86'd from ..

    Gotta at least check out Containerville' and THE El Cortez....Especially ALL those "street"peps down on Fremont/..DON"T SKIP...

    And YES..YOU will be very DRUNK and high while there..free unlimited Booze.... as long as you belly UP to any video Poker machine at ANY bar in L.V..


    Maybe save Stratosphere for next time..like some said in this thread..Not NEARLY enough time to take EVERYTHING in..gotta plan some more visits..

    I'm VERY LUCKY..I'm going back to  multiple Bowl Game tix....

    Have a BLAST in your VIRGIN visit to "SIN CITY" 


    Btw...BET the RANCH on TCU to Cova vs Tree...

     Juz my 2cents... ....CRUSHER
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,899
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,615
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 446
    • MLB Playoffs 16,976
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,314
    • PART DEUX 139
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,366
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,269
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,155
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 218

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.