Let's go!
Throwing a net properly, especially in a moving boat, is a quality skill that took me quite a while to learn because it's all about coverage. If you miss because of a shitty cast, you better move on because that group of bait fish have already left the barn so to speak. I don't ever recall making a cast from a quick moving boat & at this age I'm not about to start trying.
Ya gotta love the $9.99 aerator in the bucket to keep the bait alive. He always does a good job of putting the bait on his hook. He's careful & exact. I think that comes from losing a lot of fish, having your bait stolen or it comes off the hook when you cast. When you have bait caught in the canal/lake your fishing, fish are use to having them for dinner. Get bait from another place & the fish will ask themselves where did these guys come from & may not wanna eat it.
Never knew that trick to easily bleed out a redfish when they are initially caught. I wonder if that works on other species. I wouldn't suggest trying to that with a garfish or a cuda.
He always shares what he catches. And since we don't eat fish (I know crazy..lives in Florida & doesn't eat fish) we do the same thing. We have a 83 year old woman on the block who loves fresh fish. The beauty of it is she'll stop by a day or two later with some brownies or cookies. Sweet, sweet lady.
Thanks for sharing Freddie
Throwing a net properly, especially in a moving boat, is a quality skill that took me quite a while to learn because it's all about coverage. If you miss because of a shitty cast, you better move on because that group of bait fish have already left the barn so to speak. I don't ever recall making a cast from a quick moving boat & at this age I'm not about to start trying.
Ya gotta love the $9.99 aerator in the bucket to keep the bait alive. He always does a good job of putting the bait on his hook. He's careful & exact. I think that comes from losing a lot of fish, having your bait stolen or it comes off the hook when you cast. When you have bait caught in the canal/lake your fishing, fish are use to having them for dinner. Get bait from another place & the fish will ask themselves where did these guys come from & may not wanna eat it.
Never knew that trick to easily bleed out a redfish when they are initially caught. I wonder if that works on other species. I wouldn't suggest trying to that with a garfish or a cuda.
He always shares what he catches. And since we don't eat fish (I know crazy..lives in Florida & doesn't eat fish) we do the same thing. We have a 83 year old woman on the block who loves fresh fish. The beauty of it is she'll stop by a day or two later with some brownies or cookies. Sweet, sweet lady.
Thanks for sharing Freddie
