• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Ethan Couch - too rich to know better

    SportsFan9698
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Slobbasaurus
    samuelsosa
    dl36
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 646
    Posts: 6
     
    SportsFan9698
    SportsFan9698
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 5575
    Posted: Jan. 29, 2016 - 3:53 PM ET #1

    We all know the story by now.  This kid was driving drunk at age 16 and he killed 3 friends.  His attorney was successful in getting him off with probation with the defense of "affluenzia"  too affluent to know better.

    Very creative by the attorney, but I think the judge was paid.  I digress....

    So he broke the rules of his probation, and was helped to leave the country with his mom.  What a mess.

    I was mad as hell at this kid before, but I have reflected just a bit.... I don't place a great deal of blame on him.  Yes he should have been a bit more serious about the situation, but he is 16 and surrounded by his mom and others telling him no big deal.  

    I want to see his mom to spend years behind bars far more than him.  

    Tell me what you think
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    We all know the story by now.  This kid was driving drunk at age 16 and he killed 3 friends.  His attorney was successful in getting him off with probation with the defense of "affluenzia"  too affluent to know better.

    Very creative by the attorney, but I think the judge was paid.  I digress....

    So he broke the rules of his probation, and was helped to leave the country with his mom.  What a mess.

    I was mad as hell at this kid before, but I have reflected just a bit.... I don't place a great deal of blame on him.  Yes he should have been a bit more serious about the situation, but he is 16 and surrounded by his mom and others telling him no big deal.  

    I want to see his mom to spend years behind bars far more than him.  

    Tell me what you think
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jan. 30, 2016 - 8:15 AM ET #2


    Why did you start another thread on this topic when there was already one going that you posted in?

    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=35&sub=102177038

    C'mon man! Help keep the GD clean of clutter.....
    Reply

    Why did you start another thread on this topic when there was already one going that you posted in?

    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=35&sub=102177038

    C'mon man! Help keep the GD clean of clutter.....
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jan. 30, 2016 - 8:32 AM ET #3

    My thoughts

    The kid's a spoiled brat.  Everything that I hated in kids that were like him when I was his age.  Over-privileged and self-entitled.

    Give him 20 years in state prison.  Gen pop will suffice as he would be phucked with so bad just for being a spoiled little rich boy who thought he was above the law.

    Reply
    My thoughts

    The kid's a spoiled brat.  Everything that I hated in kids that were like him when I was his age.  Over-privileged and self-entitled.

    Give him 20 years in state prison.  Gen pop will suffice as he would be phucked with so bad just for being a spoiled little rich boy who thought he was above the law.

     
    SportsFan9698
    SportsFan9698
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 5575
    Posted: Feb. 1, 2016 - 12:05 PM ET #4

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    My thoughts

    The kid's a spoiled brat.  Everything that I hated in kids that were like him when I was his age.  Over-privileged and self-entitled.

    Give him 20 years in state prison.  Gen pop will suffice as he would be phucked with so bad just for being a spoiled little rich boy who thought he was above the law.


    I would have had the same opinion of this kid years ago.  But I have raised two sons of my own, and I have got to know many of their friends very well.  Kids aged 14-18 are a lump of clay.  They act and behave as they are shown.  They can change drastically if shown some guidance.  A heavy hand is never a good thing if your goal is to be a good parent - for life.

    I made so many mistakes when I was that age.  I never caused any death, but likely should have the way I would drink and drive.  I was lucky, he was not.

    My point of this thread is that the real villian here is with no doubt his mother.  She encouraged him before during and after the incident.  She should have been an adult, but she was the child.

    I know many will disagree, but Ethan is more of a victim here than you think.  I now understand why juvi records are sealed, and young people get a second chance.  I'm sure Ethan needs much more time to mature, but I heard he is on his way now.... he apologized (likely because he realized he needed to)


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    My thoughts

    The kid's a spoiled brat.  Everything that I hated in kids that were like him when I was his age.  Over-privileged and self-entitled.

    Give him 20 years in state prison.  Gen pop will suffice as he would be phucked with so bad just for being a spoiled little rich boy who thought he was above the law.


    I would have had the same opinion of this kid years ago.  But I have raised two sons of my own, and I have got to know many of their friends very well.  Kids aged 14-18 are a lump of clay.  They act and behave as they are shown.  They can change drastically if shown some guidance.  A heavy hand is never a good thing if your goal is to be a good parent - for life.

    I made so many mistakes when I was that age.  I never caused any death, but likely should have the way I would drink and drive.  I was lucky, he was not.

    My point of this thread is that the real villian here is with no doubt his mother.  She encouraged him before during and after the incident.  She should have been an adult, but she was the child.

    I know many will disagree, but Ethan is more of a victim here than you think.  I now understand why juvi records are sealed, and young people get a second chance.  I'm sure Ethan needs much more time to mature, but I heard he is on his way now.... he apologized (likely because he realized he needed to)


     
    samuelsosa
    samuelsosa
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 10988
    Posted: Feb. 1, 2016 - 6:49 PM ET #5

    One of the stupidest things I've ever heard. I hate this sh!it

    We have a rich kid from age 1 to 16 and he is filthy rich.

    Never heard the word no.

    Given anything he wants.

    17 private jets at age 12

    399 horses at age 13

    Whatever.

    That means he  doesn't know that youre not allowed to drive drunk?

    That means he is able to drive drunk, kill someone , and get probation?

    Why? 

    Who gives a darn if he didn't know that?

    Like the famous Dave Chappelle skit, you cant just go up to a cop like Chip and say "I didn't know I couldn't do that"

    Too fuckin bad, you did.

    This is sickening. Very sickening.

    I was a kid , did some very stupid things at 16. I get that. But if I killed someone, then what the fuc!. Who's fault is that? The victims? This is downright disgusting.

    Reply

    One of the stupidest things I've ever heard. I hate this sh!it

    We have a rich kid from age 1 to 16 and he is filthy rich.

    Never heard the word no.

    Given anything he wants.

    17 private jets at age 12

    399 horses at age 13

    Whatever.

    That means he  doesn't know that youre not allowed to drive drunk?

    That means he is able to drive drunk, kill someone , and get probation?

    Why? 

    Who gives a darn if he didn't know that?

    Like the famous Dave Chappelle skit, you cant just go up to a cop like Chip and say "I didn't know I couldn't do that"

    Too fuckin bad, you did.

    This is sickening. Very sickening.

    I was a kid , did some very stupid things at 16. I get that. But if I killed someone, then what the fuc!. Who's fault is that? The victims? This is downright disgusting.

     
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Feb. 1, 2016 - 7:20 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


    Why did you start another thread on this topic when there was already one going that you posted in?

    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=35&sub=102177038

    C'mon man! Help keep the GD clean of clutter.....

    Please excuse him, he got owned so badly in some debates in politics section and threads in the penalty box that he is still reeling and desperate for trying to find a thread where he isn't completely annilated yet again.

    Let's be paitence with him.  You gotta feel bad for him with how badly he has embarrassed himself.  Explain the more than usual odd behavior 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


    Why did you start another thread on this topic when there was already one going that you posted in?

    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=35&sub=102177038

    C'mon man! Help keep the GD clean of clutter.....

    Please excuse him, he got owned so badly in some debates in politics section and threads in the penalty box that he is still reeling and desperate for trying to find a thread where he isn't completely annilated yet again.

    Let's be paitence with him.  You gotta feel bad for him with how badly he has embarrassed himself.  Explain the more than usual odd behavior 
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,355
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 435
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,890
    • PART DEUX 152
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 843
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,854
    • Week 6 Money 8,406
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,251
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,248

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.