• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    ESPN's Scott Van pelt thinks cord cutters are idiots who aren't worth prayer

    packers1992
    mbialowas
    DoubleUp4Life
    mr_bollox
    SteelCash
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2875
    Posts: 22
     
    packers1992
    packers1992
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 11854
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2017 - 11:09 PM ET #1

    ESPN's SVP did an interview which has gained national attention and in the interview he was asked about ESPN's issues and people who say ESPN is dying etc and he defended the network as he should. As we know 15K people a day have unsubscribed from ESPN since President Trump's comments on the NFL. They asked SVP about people who have cut the cord many due to ESPN and what he said is stunning. the question was about ESPN and the NFL issues:

    "If you truly want to boycott the NFL and ESPN, the notion that some guy or gal out there decide you know what i'm going to cut my entire cable/satellite package because ESPN gave an award on a made up show in July when there is no sports to a woman that used to be a man so now i'm not going to have cable tv at all and i'm going to sit around at night and read books by candlelight like the olden days that isn't happening....And if you did that YOU ARE SO DUMB I CANNOT EVEN PRAY FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE BEYOND HOPE. If that was your reaction to this was to deny yourself the right to watch TV... I mean that just hasn't happened and didn't happen....so i BOYCOTT THEM"

    I will break this down point by point:

    1. People turn on ESPN or a ball game....to watch the game. Not to be lectured to about LGBT rights or kneeling for the anthem
     
    2. ESPN is slanted to the left in their politics which is fine....just admit it. From hiring Keith Olbermann back years ago to the Michael Sam wedding cake kiss they lean towards leftist ideals

    3. During this past election there was a study that came out that 43% of America doesn't watch any TV at all due to finances, don't have the time/working 2-3 jobs. Thats why President Trump among other reasons used twitter during the campaign. FDR had fireside chats JFK had TV and Trump used social media. because EVERYONE is on their phone and on twitter etc.

    4. The fake award show comment bothered because didn't SVP's long time SportsCenter colleague Stuart Scott{God rest his soul} get the Arthur Ashe award at that fake award show?

    5. When you have ESPN personalities going after the President fighting for causes like Black Lives Matter etc. People like Jemele Hill insulting 82% of christians 15% of LGBT people 43% of women and 9% of African-Americans by calling them white supremecists for voting for President Trump that is pretty f-ing insulting. I realize this offends a lot of those who work there....but STICK TO SPORTS!!

    6. I am not boycotting the NFL or ESPN. Back when President Trump made the comments and the players kneeled they told me what they thought of me. My wife came home that day and said why aren't you watching football? I said because baby....my kind aren't welcome anymore

    Later that night we were watching tv having a cigar{not me wife is a cigar smoker} and we talked about the NFL thing and i told her i said "The NFL has made it crystal clear: If you are conservative christian love America,God law enforcement you own guns and are white...If you are any or all of those things....You aren't welcome. Hell Starbucks did that months back with their CEO saying "If you are against transgender bathrooms and LGBT rights we don't want your business" Not sure how that isn't discrimination but not making a same-sex wedding cake is but i digress

    Michael Sam is not Jackie Robinson for dating a white guy. Kaepernick and his band of bozos aren't Rosa Parks fighting for a cause that is a lie. Bruce Jenner didn't deserve the fake award over a girl who played college hoops with brain cancer

    I ask these athletes and media pundits and so called comedians...Why did Trump win 30 of 50 states? Why did Trump win 2600 of 3100 counties? Why did 82% of christians 43% of women 9% of African-Americans 15% LGBT vote for him? Partially because we're tired of your BS

    Just my 2 cents      What;s yours?

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    ESPN's SVP did an interview which has gained national attention and in the interview he was asked about ESPN's issues and people who say ESPN is dying etc and he defended the network as he should. As we know 15K people a day have unsubscribed from ESPN since President Trump's comments on the NFL. They asked SVP about people who have cut the cord many due to ESPN and what he said is stunning. the question was about ESPN and the NFL issues:

    "If you truly want to boycott the NFL and ESPN, the notion that some guy or gal out there decide you know what i'm going to cut my entire cable/satellite package because ESPN gave an award on a made up show in July when there is no sports to a woman that used to be a man so now i'm not going to have cable tv at all and i'm going to sit around at night and read books by candlelight like the olden days that isn't happening....And if you did that YOU ARE SO DUMB I CANNOT EVEN PRAY FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE BEYOND HOPE. If that was your reaction to this was to deny yourself the right to watch TV... I mean that just hasn't happened and didn't happen....so i BOYCOTT THEM"

    I will break this down point by point:

    1. People turn on ESPN or a ball game....to watch the game. Not to be lectured to about LGBT rights or kneeling for the anthem
     
    2. ESPN is slanted to the left in their politics which is fine....just admit it. From hiring Keith Olbermann back years ago to the Michael Sam wedding cake kiss they lean towards leftist ideals

    3. During this past election there was a study that came out that 43% of America doesn't watch any TV at all due to finances, don't have the time/working 2-3 jobs. Thats why President Trump among other reasons used twitter during the campaign. FDR had fireside chats JFK had TV and Trump used social media. because EVERYONE is on their phone and on twitter etc.

    4. The fake award show comment bothered because didn't SVP's long time SportsCenter colleague Stuart Scott{God rest his soul} get the Arthur Ashe award at that fake award show?

    5. When you have ESPN personalities going after the President fighting for causes like Black Lives Matter etc. People like Jemele Hill insulting 82% of christians 15% of LGBT people 43% of women and 9% of African-Americans by calling them white supremecists for voting for President Trump that is pretty f-ing insulting. I realize this offends a lot of those who work there....but STICK TO SPORTS!!

    6. I am not boycotting the NFL or ESPN. Back when President Trump made the comments and the players kneeled they told me what they thought of me. My wife came home that day and said why aren't you watching football? I said because baby....my kind aren't welcome anymore

    Later that night we were watching tv having a cigar{not me wife is a cigar smoker} and we talked about the NFL thing and i told her i said "The NFL has made it crystal clear: If you are conservative christian love America,God law enforcement you own guns and are white...If you are any or all of those things....You aren't welcome. Hell Starbucks did that months back with their CEO saying "If you are against transgender bathrooms and LGBT rights we don't want your business" Not sure how that isn't discrimination but not making a same-sex wedding cake is but i digress

    Michael Sam is not Jackie Robinson for dating a white guy. Kaepernick and his band of bozos aren't Rosa Parks fighting for a cause that is a lie. Bruce Jenner didn't deserve the fake award over a girl who played college hoops with brain cancer

    I ask these athletes and media pundits and so called comedians...Why did Trump win 30 of 50 states? Why did Trump win 2600 of 3100 counties? Why did 82% of christians 43% of women 9% of African-Americans 15% LGBT vote for him? Partially because we're tired of your BS

    Just my 2 cents      What;s yours?

     
    mbialowas
    mbialowas
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 4681
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2017 - 7:59 PM ET #2

    I can agree with all of that. ESPN is a complete train wreck and is a doomed organization.
    Reply
    I can agree with all of that. ESPN is a complete train wreck and is a doomed organization.
     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2017 - 9:35 PM ET #3

    Brother wake up 

    The NFL sucks ... has nothing to do with Trump ...

    Brain Injuries 
    Commercials 
    Flags every other play 
    Much better Sports to watch on TV 


    Anyone who has watched football for 10+ years knows the Product on the field is Horrible..





    WAKE UP BROTHER WE LIVE IN AMERICA 

    AS A FREE AMERICAN YOU'RE NOT REQUIRED TO WORSHIP A FLAG , GOD , SONG OR DICTATOR ....

    TRUMP wants his sheep to believe its NAZI GERMANY , and he IS THE KING ....









    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply
    Brother wake up 

    The NFL sucks ... has nothing to do with Trump ...

    Brain Injuries 
    Commercials 
    Flags every other play 
    Much better Sports to watch on TV 


    Anyone who has watched football for 10+ years knows the Product on the field is Horrible..





    WAKE UP BROTHER WE LIVE IN AMERICA 

    AS A FREE AMERICAN YOU'RE NOT REQUIRED TO WORSHIP A FLAG , GOD , SONG OR DICTATOR ....

    TRUMP wants his sheep to believe its NAZI GERMANY , and he IS THE KING ....









     
    mr_bollox
    mr_bollox
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 14400
    Posted: Nov. 21, 2017 - 12:46 AM ET #4

    looking forward to seeing SVP in his new job as a walmart greeter in say 5 years, 
    Reply
    looking forward to seeing SVP in his new job as a walmart greeter in say 5 years, 
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Nov. 21, 2017 - 8:36 AM ET #5

    I don't want or need any prayers; they don't accomplish anything. There is no God up in the sky, or anywhere for that matter.

     Thanks anyhow Scott.
    Reply
    I don't want or need any prayers; they don't accomplish anything. There is no God up in the sky, or anywhere for that matter.

     Thanks anyhow Scott.
     
    eastcoast305
    eastcoast305
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 1224
    Posted: Nov. 21, 2017 - 10:40 AM ET #6

    ^^^^^ GOOD LUCK WITH THAT...THE LORD JESUS CHRIST WILL SOON THROW YOU INTO HELL

    REMEMBER THIS DAY WHEN YOU ARE THERE
    Reply
    ^^^^^ GOOD LUCK WITH THAT...THE LORD JESUS CHRIST WILL SOON THROW YOU INTO HELL

    REMEMBER THIS DAY WHEN YOU ARE THERE
     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Nov. 21, 2017 - 3:35 PM ET #7

    ESPN is HORRIBLE....TALKING WHINNING & MOANING , TURNING SPORTS into SOAP OPERA
    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply
    ESPN is HORRIBLE....TALKING WHINNING & MOANING , TURNING SPORTS into SOAP OPERA
     
    hillardoh1
    hillardoh1
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 2669
    Posted: Nov. 22, 2017 - 2:25 AM ET #8

    [Quote: Originally Posted by mbialowas]I can agree with all of that. ESPN is a complete train wreck and is a doomed organization.[/Quote Pelt is just pissed because hes about to lose his job and be axed. I remember him in denial about  all of the lay offs happening at espn saying there was no problem there and everything was just fine. News flash everything is not ok there every seemed to notice but him. You cant offened  your viewers. If disney could sell espn im sure they would. Its a mess now. The other thing cord cutters have been doing this for awhile now.Its not just because some are protesting espn. Some people dont watch sports at all and cut the cord. ESPN was just too late too get to online streaming.There was a time when people use to respect some elses political views and just leave it at that. Now people have to yell scream get violent to get there point across and act like children.

    Reply

    [Quote: Originally Posted by mbialowas]I can agree with all of that. ESPN is a complete train wreck and is a doomed organization.[/Quote Pelt is just pissed because hes about to lose his job and be axed. I remember him in denial about  all of the lay offs happening at espn saying there was no problem there and everything was just fine. News flash everything is not ok there every seemed to notice but him. You cant offened  your viewers. If disney could sell espn im sure they would. Its a mess now. The other thing cord cutters have been doing this for awhile now.Its not just because some are protesting espn. Some people dont watch sports at all and cut the cord. ESPN was just too late too get to online streaming.There was a time when people use to respect some elses political views and just leave it at that. Now people have to yell scream get violent to get there point across and act like children.

     
    Crusher13
    Crusher13
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 8064
    Posted: Nov. 22, 2017 - 6:24 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by packers1992:

    ESPN's SVP did an interview which has gained national attention and in the interview he was asked about ESPN's issues and people who say ESPN is dying etc and he defended the network as he should. As we know 15K people a day have unsubscribed from ESPN since President Trump's comments on the NFL. They asked SVP about people who have cut the cord many due to ESPN and what he said is stunning. the question was about ESPN and the NFL issues:

    "If you truly want to boycott the NFL and ESPN, the notion that some guy or gal out there decide you know what i'm going to cut my entire cable/satellite package because ESPN gave an award on a made up show in July when there is no sports to a woman that used to be a man so now i'm not going to have cable tv at all and i'm going to sit around at night and read books by candlelight like the olden days that isn't happening....And if you did that YOU ARE SO DUMB I CANNOT EVEN PRAY FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE BEYOND HOPE. If that was your reaction to this was to deny yourself the right to watch TV... I mean that just hasn't happened and didn't happen....so i BOYCOTT THEM"

    I will break this down point by point:

    1. People turn on ESPN or a ball game....to watch the game. Not to be lectured to about LGBT rights or kneeling for the anthem
     
    2. ESPN is slanted to the left in their politics which is fine....just admit it. From hiring Keith Olbermann back years ago to the Michael Sam wedding cake kiss they lean towards leftist ideals

    3. During this past election there was a study that came out that 43% of America doesn't watch any TV at all due to finances, don't have the time/working 2-3 jobs. Thats why President Trump among other reasons used twitter during the campaign. FDR had fireside chats JFK had TV and Trump used social media. because EVERYONE is on their phone and on twitter etc.

    4. The fake award show comment bothered because didn't SVP's long time SportsCenter colleague Stuart Scott{God rest his soul} get the Arthur Ashe award at that fake award show?

    5. When you have ESPN personalities going after the President fighting for causes like Black Lives Matter etc. People like Jemele Hill insulting 82% of christians 15% of LGBT people 43% of women and 9% of African-Americans by calling them white supremecists for voting for President Trump that is pretty f-ing insulting. I realize this offends a lot of those who work there....but STICK TO SPORTS!!

    6. I am not boycotting the NFL or ESPN. Back when President Trump made the comments and the players kneeled they told me what they thought of me. My wife came home that day and said why aren't you watching football? I said because baby....my kind aren't welcome anymore

    Later that night we were watching tv having a cigar{not me wife is a cigar smoker} and we talked about the NFL thing and i told her i said "The NFL has made it crystal clear: If you are conservative christian love America,God law enforcement you own guns and are white...If you are any or all of those things....You aren't welcome. Hell Starbucks did that months back with their CEO saying "If you are against transgender bathrooms and LGBT rights we don't want your business" Not sure how that isn't discrimination but not making a same-sex wedding cake is but i digress

    Michael Sam is not Jackie Robinson for dating a white guy. Kaepernick and his band of bozos aren't Rosa Parks fighting for a cause that is a lie. Bruce Jenner didn't deserve the fake award over a girl who played college hoops with brain cancer

    I ask these athletes and media pundits and so called comedians...Why did Trump win 30 of 50 states? Why did Trump win 2600 of 3100 counties? Why did 82% of christians 43% of women 9% of African-Americans 15% LGBT vote for him? Partially because we're tired of your BS

    Just my 2 cents      What;s yours?


    Another well thought out POST Peep's Chamo 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by packers1992:

    ESPN's SVP did an interview which has gained national attention and in the interview he was asked about ESPN's issues and people who say ESPN is dying etc and he defended the network as he should. As we know 15K people a day have unsubscribed from ESPN since President Trump's comments on the NFL. They asked SVP about people who have cut the cord many due to ESPN and what he said is stunning. the question was about ESPN and the NFL issues:

    "If you truly want to boycott the NFL and ESPN, the notion that some guy or gal out there decide you know what i'm going to cut my entire cable/satellite package because ESPN gave an award on a made up show in July when there is no sports to a woman that used to be a man so now i'm not going to have cable tv at all and i'm going to sit around at night and read books by candlelight like the olden days that isn't happening....And if you did that YOU ARE SO DUMB I CANNOT EVEN PRAY FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE BEYOND HOPE. If that was your reaction to this was to deny yourself the right to watch TV... I mean that just hasn't happened and didn't happen....so i BOYCOTT THEM"

    I will break this down point by point:

    1. People turn on ESPN or a ball game....to watch the game. Not to be lectured to about LGBT rights or kneeling for the anthem
     
    2. ESPN is slanted to the left in their politics which is fine....just admit it. From hiring Keith Olbermann back years ago to the Michael Sam wedding cake kiss they lean towards leftist ideals

    3. During this past election there was a study that came out that 43% of America doesn't watch any TV at all due to finances, don't have the time/working 2-3 jobs. Thats why President Trump among other reasons used twitter during the campaign. FDR had fireside chats JFK had TV and Trump used social media. because EVERYONE is on their phone and on twitter etc.

    4. The fake award show comment bothered because didn't SVP's long time SportsCenter colleague Stuart Scott{God rest his soul} get the Arthur Ashe award at that fake award show?

    5. When you have ESPN personalities going after the President fighting for causes like Black Lives Matter etc. People like Jemele Hill insulting 82% of christians 15% of LGBT people 43% of women and 9% of African-Americans by calling them white supremecists for voting for President Trump that is pretty f-ing insulting. I realize this offends a lot of those who work there....but STICK TO SPORTS!!

    6. I am not boycotting the NFL or ESPN. Back when President Trump made the comments and the players kneeled they told me what they thought of me. My wife came home that day and said why aren't you watching football? I said because baby....my kind aren't welcome anymore

    Later that night we were watching tv having a cigar{not me wife is a cigar smoker} and we talked about the NFL thing and i told her i said "The NFL has made it crystal clear: If you are conservative christian love America,God law enforcement you own guns and are white...If you are any or all of those things....You aren't welcome. Hell Starbucks did that months back with their CEO saying "If you are against transgender bathrooms and LGBT rights we don't want your business" Not sure how that isn't discrimination but not making a same-sex wedding cake is but i digress

    Michael Sam is not Jackie Robinson for dating a white guy. Kaepernick and his band of bozos aren't Rosa Parks fighting for a cause that is a lie. Bruce Jenner didn't deserve the fake award over a girl who played college hoops with brain cancer

    I ask these athletes and media pundits and so called comedians...Why did Trump win 30 of 50 states? Why did Trump win 2600 of 3100 counties? Why did 82% of christians 43% of women 9% of African-Americans 15% LGBT vote for him? Partially because we're tired of your BS

    Just my 2 cents      What;s yours?


    Another well thought out POST Peep's Chamo 
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Nov. 22, 2017 - 9:17 PM ET #10

    liberals have zero power. 
    Espn is dead.
    There is no god., it's just us.


    Reply
    liberals have zero power. 
    Espn is dead.
    There is no god., it's just us.


     
    Dragonight86
    Dragonight86
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2013
    Posts: 64
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2017 - 8:40 AM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    liberals have zero power. 
    Espn is dead.
    There is no god., it's just us.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    liberals have zero power. 
    Espn is dead.
    There is no god., it's just us.


     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2017 - 8:41 AM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher13:


    Another well thought out POST Peep's Chamo 

    The Peoples Champ  is a different guy (PackersBacker)

    Although, packers1992 makes some good points above 


    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher13:


    Another well thought out POST Peep's Chamo 

    The Peoples Champ  is a different guy (PackersBacker)

    Although, packers1992 makes some good points above 


     
    reppendayay
    reppendayay
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2006
    Posts: 3594
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2017 - 7:59 PM ET #13

    TRUMP CAN SUCK MY 
    Reply
    TRUMP CAN SUCK MY 
     
    Matt3174
    Matt3174
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 1092
    Posted: Nov. 24, 2017 - 2:27 PM ET #14

    I agree with you as do most of the people I know. The same people are the ones that financially support pro sports, hell just look in any stands. ESPN turned into MTV years ago, Doubleup hit that comment straight on!

     A little confused how he made a good comment after a ridiculous and offensive ignorant comment hahaha!! To compare ANY American president to a freaking Nazi is insane but they do it all the time! When libs do this it shows how brutal the school system is when it comes to history bc they have zero clue what the Nazi party was about. 

    I’m obviously a conservative, I have some liberal views bc I’m not a sheep. I’m pro-choice bc I don’t care about babies haha and I think immigration shouldn’t be an all or nothing view, immigrants are hard working good people for the huge majority. Hell I even like Olbermann haha. My issue is when I need a F’ING break from life I used to be able to watch sports, somehow fool have even made them political ugh! I don’t care what damn party it is, talk sports not politics or views! 

    The only thing I watch on ESPN is games and the only national sports person I listen to is Dan Patrick. Both coasts are so slanted that the idiots running the show think everyone is the same. Hell I live in Indiana and know people on the coasts think I’m a hillbilly haha but I think they are a bunch of sissy whiners haha. As much as I think if North Korea nukes LA it maybe wouldn’t be so bad if it really happed I would be first in line to go there and slaughter everything that moved. I’m sure it would be the same if something happened to us! The point is we have different views in life but life is more than your views and I think most of us would like sports to be neutral. It pisses me off when Trump gets into little fights with athletes, he is so much bigger than any athlete! 

    I would love for Jenner or any other tranny to go in a bathroom with my wife, mom, sister, niece, or any female friend! I promise I would beat him mentally retarded haha, not bc it’s a tranny but bc it’s a F’ING DUDE!! Hahaha If dressing up like something makes me it than today I’m Ray Lewis back in his Canes days hahaha. Speaking of my Canes wow are they blowing it ugh.
    Reply
    I agree with you as do most of the people I know. The same people are the ones that financially support pro sports, hell just look in any stands. ESPN turned into MTV years ago, Doubleup hit that comment straight on!

     A little confused how he made a good comment after a ridiculous and offensive ignorant comment hahaha!! To compare ANY American president to a freaking Nazi is insane but they do it all the time! When libs do this it shows how brutal the school system is when it comes to history bc they have zero clue what the Nazi party was about. 

    I’m obviously a conservative, I have some liberal views bc I’m not a sheep. I’m pro-choice bc I don’t care about babies haha and I think immigration shouldn’t be an all or nothing view, immigrants are hard working good people for the huge majority. Hell I even like Olbermann haha. My issue is when I need a F’ING break from life I used to be able to watch sports, somehow fool have even made them political ugh! I don’t care what damn party it is, talk sports not politics or views! 

    The only thing I watch on ESPN is games and the only national sports person I listen to is Dan Patrick. Both coasts are so slanted that the idiots running the show think everyone is the same. Hell I live in Indiana and know people on the coasts think I’m a hillbilly haha but I think they are a bunch of sissy whiners haha. As much as I think if North Korea nukes LA it maybe wouldn’t be so bad if it really happed I would be first in line to go there and slaughter everything that moved. I’m sure it would be the same if something happened to us! The point is we have different views in life but life is more than your views and I think most of us would like sports to be neutral. It pisses me off when Trump gets into little fights with athletes, he is so much bigger than any athlete! 

    I would love for Jenner or any other tranny to go in a bathroom with my wife, mom, sister, niece, or any female friend! I promise I would beat him mentally retarded haha, not bc it’s a tranny but bc it’s a F’ING DUDE!! Hahaha If dressing up like something makes me it than today I’m Ray Lewis back in his Canes days hahaha. Speaking of my Canes wow are they blowing it ugh.
     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Nov. 24, 2017 - 5:44 PM ET #15

    [Quote: Originally Posted by Matt3174] I agree with you as do most of the people I know. The same people are the ones that financially support pro sports, hell just look in any stands. ESPN turned into MTV years ago, Doubleup hit that comment straight on!

     A little confused how he made a good comment after a ridiculous and offensive ignorant comment hahaha!! To compare ANY American president to a freaking Nazi is insane but they do it all the time! When libs do this it shows how brutal the school system is when it comes to history bc they have zero clue what the Nazi party was about. 

    I’m obviously a conservative, I have some liberal views bc I’m not a sheep. I’m pro-choice bc I don’t care about babies haha and I think immigration shouldn’t be an all or nothing view, immigrants are hard working good people for the huge majority. Hell I even like Olbermann haha. My issue is when I need a F’ING break from life I used to be able to watch sports, somehow fool have even made them political ugh! I don’t care what damn party it is, talk sports not politics or views! 

    The only thing I watch on ESPN is games and the only national sports person I listen to is Dan Patrick. Both coasts are so slanted that the idiots running the show think everyone is the same. Hell I live in Indiana and know people on the coasts think I’m a hillbilly haha but I think they are a bunch of sissy whiners haha. As much as I think if North Korea nukes LA it maybe wouldn’t be so bad if it really happed I would be first in line to go there and slaughter everything that moved. I’m sure it would be the same if something happened to us! The point is we have different views in life but life is more than your views and I think most of us would like sports to be neutral. It pisses me off when Trump gets into little fights with athletes, he is so much bigger than any athlete! 

    I would love for Jenner or any other tranny to go in a bathroom with my wife, mom, sister, niece, or any female friend! I promise I would beat him mentally retarded haha, not bc it’s a tranny but bc it’s a F’ING DUDE!! Hahaha If dressing up like something makes me it than today I’m Ray Lewis back in his Canes days hahaha. Speaking of my Canes wow are they blowing it ugh.
    [/Quote
    ]


    GUESS YOU FORGOT THE NAZI TRUMP SUPPORTERS WITH THE TORCHES IN NORTH CAROLINA ????


    Go google them chanting ANTI person SLOGANS 



    ALSO don't worry about LBGTQ people molesting  kids , WORRY ABOUT JUDGE MOORE , Who orange clown endorses \\


    Looks like MUELLER has flipped FLYNN ....


    It's going to get ugly 




    TRUMP celebrated ANDREW JACKSON ... who is famous for GENOCIDE ( Indian  removal act)    = REAL CLOSE TO HITLER  




    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply
    [Quote: Originally Posted by Matt3174] I agree with you as do most of the people I know. The same people are the ones that financially support pro sports, hell just look in any stands. ESPN turned into MTV years ago, Doubleup hit that comment straight on!

     A little confused how he made a good comment after a ridiculous and offensive ignorant comment hahaha!! To compare ANY American president to a freaking Nazi is insane but they do it all the time! When libs do this it shows how brutal the school system is when it comes to history bc they have zero clue what the Nazi party was about. 

    I’m obviously a conservative, I have some liberal views bc I’m not a sheep. I’m pro-choice bc I don’t care about babies haha and I think immigration shouldn’t be an all or nothing view, immigrants are hard working good people for the huge majority. Hell I even like Olbermann haha. My issue is when I need a F’ING break from life I used to be able to watch sports, somehow fool have even made them political ugh! I don’t care what damn party it is, talk sports not politics or views! 

    The only thing I watch on ESPN is games and the only national sports person I listen to is Dan Patrick. Both coasts are so slanted that the idiots running the show think everyone is the same. Hell I live in Indiana and know people on the coasts think I’m a hillbilly haha but I think they are a bunch of sissy whiners haha. As much as I think if North Korea nukes LA it maybe wouldn’t be so bad if it really happed I would be first in line to go there and slaughter everything that moved. I’m sure it would be the same if something happened to us! The point is we have different views in life but life is more than your views and I think most of us would like sports to be neutral. It pisses me off when Trump gets into little fights with athletes, he is so much bigger than any athlete! 

    I would love for Jenner or any other tranny to go in a bathroom with my wife, mom, sister, niece, or any female friend! I promise I would beat him mentally retarded haha, not bc it’s a tranny but bc it’s a F’ING DUDE!! Hahaha If dressing up like something makes me it than today I’m Ray Lewis back in his Canes days hahaha. Speaking of my Canes wow are they blowing it ugh.
    [/Quote
    ]


    GUESS YOU FORGOT THE NAZI TRUMP SUPPORTERS WITH THE TORCHES IN NORTH CAROLINA ????


    Go google them chanting ANTI person SLOGANS 



    ALSO don't worry about LBGTQ people molesting  kids , WORRY ABOUT JUDGE MOORE , Who orange clown endorses \\


    Looks like MUELLER has flipped FLYNN ....


    It's going to get ugly 




    TRUMP celebrated ANDREW JACKSON ... who is famous for GENOCIDE ( Indian  removal act)    = REAL CLOSE TO HITLER  




     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Nov. 24, 2017 - 5:50 PM ET #16

    ALSO THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER IS SLAVE MASTER DEVIL TRASH 


    WHY DON'T WE SING THE WHOLE SONG ????


    WHY IS THIS VERSE LEFT OUT ???
     

    No refuge could save the hireling and slave From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave, And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave



    WOULD YOU CELEBRATE SOMEONE RAPING & LYNCHING YOUR GRANDMA ????????????????????????????????????????????????
    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply
    ALSO THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER IS SLAVE MASTER DEVIL TRASH 


    WHY DON'T WE SING THE WHOLE SONG ????


    WHY IS THIS VERSE LEFT OUT ???
     

    No refuge could save the hireling and slave From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave, And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave



    WOULD YOU CELEBRATE SOMEONE RAPING & LYNCHING YOUR GRANDMA ????????????????????????????????????????????????
     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Nov. 24, 2017 - 9:23 PM ET #17

    I LOVE ALL MY COVERS BROTHERS 



    Just need to vent sometimes 
    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply
    I LOVE ALL MY COVERS BROTHERS 



    Just need to vent sometimes 
     
    thorpe
    thorpe
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 12927
    Posted: Nov. 26, 2017 - 12:24 PM ET #18

    ESPN was going down no matter what.  They got too big, tried to appeal to everyone, and are getting chopped down now.  Back in the early 90s when I was watching the most, it was either watch ESPN Sportscenter or wait until the next day and buy a paper for the sports section.

    The NFL still has very strong ratings, even if they are down a little.  Still much better than the other sports in the US...
    Reply
    ESPN was going down no matter what.  They got too big, tried to appeal to everyone, and are getting chopped down now.  Back in the early 90s when I was watching the most, it was either watch ESPN Sportscenter or wait until the next day and buy a paper for the sports section.

    The NFL still has very strong ratings, even if they are down a little.  Still much better than the other sports in the US...
     
    eastcoast305
    eastcoast305
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 1224
    Posted: Nov. 27, 2017 - 12:04 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:


    ALSO don't worry about LBGTQ people molesting  kids , WORRY ABOUT JUDGE MOORE


    I'M MORE WORRIED ABOUT THAT CREEPER GREG SCHIANO THAN EITHER OF THE ABOVE TO BE HONEST 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:


    ALSO don't worry about LBGTQ people molesting  kids , WORRY ABOUT JUDGE MOORE


    I'M MORE WORRIED ABOUT THAT CREEPER GREG SCHIANO THAN EITHER OF THE ABOVE TO BE HONEST 
     
    Killer_B
    Killer_B
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 6291
    Posted: Nov. 29, 2017 - 3:09 PM ET #20

    Another 150 laid off today at ESPN. Total since 2015 is -550 if your keeping score at home (back, back, back,). It will be interesting when sports league tv contracts come up for renewal. I think a shot to the face is coming for them as well. $1B a season for MNF - is a sick joke that will be ending. The Rodg better get his ridiculous contract renewed now before the gravy train hits the wall (which is coming)....


    Reply
    Another 150 laid off today at ESPN. Total since 2015 is -550 if your keeping score at home (back, back, back,). It will be interesting when sports league tv contracts come up for renewal. I think a shot to the face is coming for them as well. $1B a season for MNF - is a sick joke that will be ending. The Rodg better get his ridiculous contract renewed now before the gravy train hits the wall (which is coming)....


     
    GrenSnake58
    GrenSnake58
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2017
    Posts: 14
    Posted: Nov. 29, 2017 - 6:43 PM ET #21

    Politics and sports are terrible mix
    Reply
    Politics and sports are terrible mix
     
     
    GrenSnake58
    GrenSnake58
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2017
    Posts: 14
    Posted: Nov. 29, 2017 - 6:49 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast305:


    I'M MORE WORRIED ABOUT THAT CREEPER GREG SCHIANO THAN EITHER OF THE ABOVE TO BE HONEST 

    Seriously??? 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast305:


    I'M MORE WORRIED ABOUT THAT CREEPER GREG SCHIANO THAN EITHER OF THE ABOVE TO BE HONEST 

    Seriously??? 
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,899
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,615
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 446
    • MLB Playoffs 16,976
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,314
    • PART DEUX 139
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,366
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,269
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,155
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 218

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.