Does anyone here believe we could all be living in a simulation?
I too have thought about this question at length.
I keep arriving at the "chicken or the egg" scenario. If we are living in a simulation then who developed the simulation? Is it possible that they are living in a simulation...and so on.
Finally, I decided that I have a human brain, and am subject to its interpretation of its surroundings. Our brain attempts to rationalize the universe in order to provide comfort and stay sane. Self preservation.
The idea of living in a simulation is a product of human thinking, therefore it is a device to provide an "order" to things. We cannot comprehend infinite or absolute zero.....that is why we need constructs like these...ultimately, it limits our ability as a species.
Could the simulation thing be correct? Maybe. is it likely? No.
I too have thought about this question at length.
I keep arriving at the "chicken or the egg" scenario. If we are living in a simulation then who developed the simulation? Is it possible that they are living in a simulation...and so on.
Finally, I decided that I have a human brain, and am subject to its interpretation of its surroundings. Our brain attempts to rationalize the universe in order to provide comfort and stay sane. Self preservation.
The idea of living in a simulation is a product of human thinking, therefore it is a device to provide an "order" to things. We cannot comprehend infinite or absolute zero.....that is why we need constructs like these...ultimately, it limits our ability as a species.
Could the simulation thing be correct? Maybe. is it likely? No.
Slob, please, a little respect here.
I have been pondering this dilemma for some half century.
Get back to you guys when I have an answer.
Slob, please, a little respect here.
I have been pondering this dilemma for some half century.
Get back to you guys when I have an answer.
He is the only Ruler, the King of kings, and Lord of lords (1 Timothy 6:15): His throne is in the heavens, and His kingdom rules over all (Psalms 103:19).
He is the only Ruler, the King of kings, and Lord of lords (1 Timothy 6:15): His throne is in the heavens, and His kingdom rules over all (Psalms 103:19).
I too have thought about this question at length.
I keep arriving at the "chicken or the egg" scenario. If we are living in a simulation then who developed the simulation? Is it possible that they are living in a simulation...and so on.
Finally, I decided that I have a human brain, and am subject to its interpretation of its surroundings. Our brain attempts to rationalize the universe in order to provide comfort and stay sane. Self preservation.
The idea of living in a simulation is a product of human thinking, therefore it is a device to provide an "order" to things. We cannot comprehend infinite or absolute zero.....that is why we need constructs like these...ultimately, it limits our ability as a species.
Could the simulation thing be correct? Maybe. is it likely? No.
I too have thought about this question at length.
I keep arriving at the "chicken or the egg" scenario. If we are living in a simulation then who developed the simulation? Is it possible that they are living in a simulation...and so on.
Finally, I decided that I have a human brain, and am subject to its interpretation of its surroundings. Our brain attempts to rationalize the universe in order to provide comfort and stay sane. Self preservation.
The idea of living in a simulation is a product of human thinking, therefore it is a device to provide an "order" to things. We cannot comprehend infinite or absolute zero.....that is why we need constructs like these...ultimately, it limits our ability as a species.
Could the simulation thing be correct? Maybe. is it likely? No.
I too have thought about this question at length.
I keep arriving at the "chicken or the egg" scenario. If we are living in a simulation then who developed the simulation? Is it possible that they are living in a simulation...and so on.
Finally, I decided that I have a human brain, and am subject to its interpretation of its surroundings. Our brain attempts to rationalize the universe in order to provide comfort and stay sane. Self preservation.
The idea of living in a simulation is a product of human thinking, therefore it is a device to provide an "order" to things. We cannot comprehend infinite or absolute zero.....that is why we need constructs like these...ultimately, it limits our ability as a species.
Could the simulation thing be correct? Maybe. is it likely? No.
I too have thought about this question at length.
I keep arriving at the "chicken or the egg" scenario. If we are living in a simulation then who developed the simulation? Is it possible that they are living in a simulation...and so on.
Finally, I decided that I have a human brain, and am subject to its interpretation of its surroundings. Our brain attempts to rationalize the universe in order to provide comfort and stay sane. Self preservation.
The idea of living in a simulation is a product of human thinking, therefore it is a device to provide an "order" to things. We cannot comprehend infinite or absolute zero.....that is why we need constructs like these...ultimately, it limits our ability as a species.
Could the simulation thing be correct? Maybe. is it likely? No.
Heard a mathemetician talk about this and he said it's 50% a coin flip that we are real for the reasons you stated Scal. No point worrying about it.
Heard a mathemetician talk about this and he said it's 50% a coin flip that we are real for the reasons you stated Scal. No point worrying about it.
Scal,
I totally believe that. I think nothing is real and its all just created in everybodys own imagination.
Scal,
I totally believe that. I think nothing is real and its all just created in everybodys own imagination.
Hot Forum Topics
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
