• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Disappointing concert experiences....

    THEMUGG
    lennon65
    vetdrm
    Daddy_Freddie
    Runnin Mitch
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 87
    Posts: 8
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Feb. 14, 2021 - 4:00 PM ET #1

     I've seen a lot of great shows & sometimes it's hard to make a top 5 list. But a couple/few that bummed me out.....

     Nazareth (circa 1980) Saw them at the Seattle Center Coliseum. The sound was bad & they omitted most of their best songs..

     Blue Oyster Cult (2005-ish) I should've known better as I'd seen them a couple times before. This was at a local casino. It was cheap, & so was the sound/setlist. I swear these guys have had the same setlist for 30 years.

     Dokken (opening for QueensRyche.....around 2008) I was a big Dokken fan years ago but never saw them live. I like Queensryche so I thought this would be great, especially at the Paramount. The lights go down, the show starts, I'm pumped up....... & Dokken does his whole set acoustically.......unplugged.....whatever you wanna call it. an_cry

     

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

     I've seen a lot of great shows & sometimes it's hard to make a top 5 list. But a couple/few that bummed me out.....

     Nazareth (circa 1980) Saw them at the Seattle Center Coliseum. The sound was bad & they omitted most of their best songs..

     Blue Oyster Cult (2005-ish) I should've known better as I'd seen them a couple times before. This was at a local casino. It was cheap, & so was the sound/setlist. I swear these guys have had the same setlist for 30 years.

     Dokken (opening for QueensRyche.....around 2008) I was a big Dokken fan years ago but never saw them live. I like Queensryche so I thought this would be great, especially at the Paramount. The lights go down, the show starts, I'm pumped up....... & Dokken does his whole set acoustically.......unplugged.....whatever you wanna call it. an_cry

     

     
    lennon65
    lennon65
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2005
    Posts: 15001
    Posted: Feb. 14, 2021 - 4:14 PM ET #2

    hi Mugg..

    Saw B O C   When they were the Soft White Underbelly in the late 70's in the 1 time when they played at a roller rink for 18 and unders with no alcohhol.

    Got there start in Stony Brook Long Island.

    Anyway i wasn't a fan. and still not.

     

    as far as disappointing concerts Can't think of a 1

    Reply

    hi Mugg..

    Saw B O C   When they were the Soft White Underbelly in the late 70's in the 1 time when they played at a roller rink for 18 and unders with no alcohhol.

    Got there start in Stony Brook Long Island.

    Anyway i wasn't a fan. and still not.

     

    as far as disappointing concerts Can't think of a 1

     
    vetdrm
    vetdrm
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2003
    Posts: 14987
    Posted: Feb. 14, 2021 - 4:22 PM ET #3

    I can see your point, but any BOC concert in my book, no matter how underachieving they may be now, gets a free pass

    just because they are Rock Gods.

    Saw Nazareth with BOC[several times], Uriah Heep and Wishbone Ash. Seems BOC on you tube through the years seems to follow the same set and doesnt deviate from studio sound. One show I walked out early on Was The Boss. Must just be me .Almost fell asleep.

    Reply

    I can see your point, but any BOC concert in my book, no matter how underachieving they may be now, gets a free pass

    just because they are Rock Gods.

    Saw Nazareth with BOC[several times], Uriah Heep and Wishbone Ash. Seems BOC on you tube through the years seems to follow the same set and doesnt deviate from studio sound. One show I walked out early on Was The Boss. Must just be me .Almost fell asleep.

     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Feb. 14, 2021 - 4:53 PM ET #4

    Mugg-Talk about rattling the brain, I had forgotten about the Paramount Theater in Seattle. Went there years ago to see Jody Whatley. After it was over it led to a urination in public citation because everything was closed and I figured I could duck into a back alley and take a leak. It led to getting jammed up by the SPD bike patrol. It used to be near the Greyhound Bus station on 9th and Olive. Is it still there? 

    Reply

    Mugg-Talk about rattling the brain, I had forgotten about the Paramount Theater in Seattle. Went there years ago to see Jody Whatley. After it was over it led to a urination in public citation because everything was closed and I figured I could duck into a back alley and take a leak. It led to getting jammed up by the SPD bike patrol. It used to be near the Greyhound Bus station on 9th and Olive. Is it still there? 

     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Feb. 14, 2021 - 7:28 PM ET #5

    @vetdrm

      They were cool the first time some 40 years ago (an_speechless) but it's tiring to hear the same stuff. How many times can you hear ME262 or The red & black. Maybe I've just been unlucky but it always seemed like the same setlist. Part of my "disappointment" definitely had to do with the venue.

    @Daddy_Freddie

      Yep, same old building. If you can get seats in the lower area that aren't underneath the balcony it's a great sounding theater. I've seen some great shows there.

    Reply

    @vetdrm

      They were cool the first time some 40 years ago (an_speechless) but it's tiring to hear the same stuff. How many times can you hear ME262 or The red & black. Maybe I've just been unlucky but it always seemed like the same setlist. Part of my "disappointment" definitely had to do with the venue.

    @Daddy_Freddie

      Yep, same old building. If you can get seats in the lower area that aren't underneath the balcony it's a great sounding theater. I've seen some great shows there.

     
    Runnin Mitch
    Runnin Mitch
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2000
    Posts: 841
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2021 - 12:04 AM ET #6

    Mugg :  I am a big Deep Purple fan ,but the last time I saw them in 1990 with Joe Lynn Turner singing they were so bad.,,,,, Ritchie Blackmore kept walking off the stage during the middle of songs .He just did not want to be there. I really felt for the rest of the band because they were trying to make up for it.... But it was no use. I went with 3 Other Big Purple Fans ,and 2 of us wanted to leave ,but the other 2 wanted to stay ,so we had to stick it out  I still love DP .but I can never look at Blackmore the same way .

    Reply

    Mugg :  I am a big Deep Purple fan ,but the last time I saw them in 1990 with Joe Lynn Turner singing they were so bad.,,,,, Ritchie Blackmore kept walking off the stage during the middle of songs .He just did not want to be there. I really felt for the rest of the band because they were trying to make up for it.... But it was no use. I went with 3 Other Big Purple Fans ,and 2 of us wanted to leave ,but the other 2 wanted to stay ,so we had to stick it out  I still love DP .but I can never look at Blackmore the same way .

     
    HockeyTeeth
    HockeyTeeth
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 3675
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2021 - 12:21 AM ET #7

    Vanilla Ice. A company I worked for had a private box at Maple Leaf Gardens, my cousins daughter and about eight of her freinds wanted to go. So we went. I thought it would be disappointing but underestimated just how awful it would be.

    Reply

    Vanilla Ice. A company I worked for had a private box at Maple Leaf Gardens, my cousins daughter and about eight of her freinds wanted to go. So we went. I thought it would be disappointing but underestimated just how awful it would be.

     
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2021 - 12:35 AM ET #8

    @Runnin Mitch

      That's a shame...... I love Ritchie Blackmore.......but never got to see him.

     

    @lennon65

      I appreciate your input...... & perspective. peace_5

    Reply

    @Runnin Mitch

      That's a shame...... I love Ritchie Blackmore.......but never got to see him.

     

    @lennon65

      I appreciate your input...... & perspective. peace_5

    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,881
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 442
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,599
    • MLB Playoffs 16,893
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,186
    • PART DEUX 135
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,358
    • Week 6 Money 5,538
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,241
    • Wednesday 2,844

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.