• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Danny Crum and the box

    Box and one
    packersbackers
    sportschat
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 69
    Posts: 4
     
    Box and one
    Box and one
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 1999
    Posts: 1604
    Posted: May. 11, 2023 - 5:06 PM ET #1

    John Dromo was the Louisville basketball coach The year before he had Wes Unseld and Butch Beard. He was an outstanding coach for them Then my freshman at North Texas State we were playing Louisville year, but both those guys graduated to the NBA and Dromo had Price, Grosso and Bacon and a few others I can't remember. North Texas lost its top player Winfield to the NBA. North Texas played in the Men Gym which holds 4.500 . It was the best home court advantage in the entire country. I always sit with all my buddies in the same seats but somehow I got to the game late and had to sit right behind the Louisville bench and sat one row from their coach John Dromo. Louisville was ranked 10th or 11th and think were 12-0 before they played NT. The home court dominated and North Texas upset Louisville 98-80 . I watched this little round coach Dromo go nuts screaming,kicking the bleaches and doing the " ma fa Coulee" to the crowd. An Italian gesture that none of the 4,500 fans saw or understood , But I did. North Texas beat and blew out the No 9 team in the country right out of Denton,Texas I loved watching Dromo try to get his team inspired to no avail . But I think he had an effect on me. I wanted to be like him someday . Maybe not in college but coaching basketball.
    That summer I went back to NY and read Louisville Coach John Dromo had a massive heart attack and was being replaced. Crum was an asst at UCLA and replaced Dromo.
    So now Louisville is ranked 9th coming to Denton under a new coach I;m telling everyone this team is Dromo's players and recruits. Crum hasn't earned his strips yet .
    So now North Texas freshman team is playing a juco school team from Oklahoma before tonights big game. The louisville team walks into an empty gym watching the freshman play. I remember all the Cardinals players had Maroon turtle necks and blue blazers.
    They all came in together and Crum was sitting all by himself under the bleachers. So I walked over and sat next to him I asked him how Coach Dromo was doing. He looked at me surprised and told me he was in rehab and doing better, I told Crum that last year he had an impact on me as I sat right behind him in the blowout upset. Crum told me the Missouri Valley conference basketball is one of the best .Last year his UCLA team won by 4 vs Drake in the final 4 I also remember him saying many of my players played in this gym last year you call " the Pit" He said it doesn't look to intimidating right now I said in about 90 minutes when people start pouring in you'll see . He laughed . Many times because of the crowd noise the players cannot hear the whistle and will play on. He was aware of the home court advantage and I thought tonight will be a close game. And I can't remember who won that game that night . I knew the year before we won 98-80 We were 14-0 my freshman year but think we were 12-2 my sophmore year. anyway it was nice sitting by ourselves for that half an hour,
    So now 20 years later Crum is the guest speaker at the NY State Basketball clinic in Binghamton NY. After his speech I go up to him and remind him of our 1st meeting in Denton . I asked him about Coach Dromo and he tells me he passed away 2 years ago. I don't think he remembered me but pretended too . I was wrong about Denny Crum. I thought he took over a winning program but he became a hall of fame coach more successful then the guy he replaced. So Rest in Peace Coach Crum and thank you for spending some time with a freshman in college and later a HS coach

    box and one
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    John Dromo was the Louisville basketball coach The year before he had Wes Unseld and Butch Beard. He was an outstanding coach for them Then my freshman at North Texas State we were playing Louisville year, but both those guys graduated to the NBA and Dromo had Price, Grosso and Bacon and a few others I can't remember. North Texas lost its top player Winfield to the NBA. North Texas played in the Men Gym which holds 4.500 . It was the best home court advantage in the entire country. I always sit with all my buddies in the same seats but somehow I got to the game late and had to sit right behind the Louisville bench and sat one row from their coach John Dromo. Louisville was ranked 10th or 11th and think were 12-0 before they played NT. The home court dominated and North Texas upset Louisville 98-80 . I watched this little round coach Dromo go nuts screaming,kicking the bleaches and doing the " ma fa Coulee" to the crowd. An Italian gesture that none of the 4,500 fans saw or understood , But I did. North Texas beat and blew out the No 9 team in the country right out of Denton,Texas I loved watching Dromo try to get his team inspired to no avail . But I think he had an effect on me. I wanted to be like him someday . Maybe not in college but coaching basketball.
    That summer I went back to NY and read Louisville Coach John Dromo had a massive heart attack and was being replaced. Crum was an asst at UCLA and replaced Dromo.
    So now Louisville is ranked 9th coming to Denton under a new coach I;m telling everyone this team is Dromo's players and recruits. Crum hasn't earned his strips yet .
    So now North Texas freshman team is playing a juco school team from Oklahoma before tonights big game. The louisville team walks into an empty gym watching the freshman play. I remember all the Cardinals players had Maroon turtle necks and blue blazers.
    They all came in together and Crum was sitting all by himself under the bleachers. So I walked over and sat next to him I asked him how Coach Dromo was doing. He looked at me surprised and told me he was in rehab and doing better, I told Crum that last year he had an impact on me as I sat right behind him in the blowout upset. Crum told me the Missouri Valley conference basketball is one of the best .Last year his UCLA team won by 4 vs Drake in the final 4 I also remember him saying many of my players played in this gym last year you call " the Pit" He said it doesn't look to intimidating right now I said in about 90 minutes when people start pouring in you'll see . He laughed . Many times because of the crowd noise the players cannot hear the whistle and will play on. He was aware of the home court advantage and I thought tonight will be a close game. And I can't remember who won that game that night . I knew the year before we won 98-80 We were 14-0 my freshman year but think we were 12-2 my sophmore year. anyway it was nice sitting by ourselves for that half an hour,
    So now 20 years later Crum is the guest speaker at the NY State Basketball clinic in Binghamton NY. After his speech I go up to him and remind him of our 1st meeting in Denton . I asked him about Coach Dromo and he tells me he passed away 2 years ago. I don't think he remembered me but pretended too . I was wrong about Denny Crum. I thought he took over a winning program but he became a hall of fame coach more successful then the guy he replaced. So Rest in Peace Coach Crum and thank you for spending some time with a freshman in college and later a HS coach

     
    packersbackers
    packersbackers
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 52975
    Posted: May. 11, 2023 - 7:38 PM ET #2

    Bobby Huggins says hello to your mother peace_5

    MAGAm Yisrael Chai
    Reply

    Bobby Huggins says hello to your mother peace_5

     
    Box and one
    Box and one
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 1999
    Posts: 1604
    Posted: May. 11, 2023 - 9:01 PM ET #3

    whats he thinking on radio. I like Huggy Bear as a coach but saying those things on public radio  in this day and age. But I'm sure he has used that word before and maybe at one point it wasn't as offensive as it is today but he knows better even in jest   I go back to my philosophy of life question I don't know who I stole it from but I believe it " No body has every rolled thru a stop sign and received a traffic ticket the first time"  You have rolled thru a few and finally got caught". or nobody has ever won a mega million playing for the 1st time.  The winner has played it before he hit.  

     Not sure if Huggy can survive this and I hope he does  I'm sure he has helped many many kids over the years and maybe this lightning bolt that has hit him will make sure he doesn't role through the stop sign anymore   

    box and one
    Reply

    whats he thinking on radio. I like Huggy Bear as a coach but saying those things on public radio  in this day and age. But I'm sure he has used that word before and maybe at one point it wasn't as offensive as it is today but he knows better even in jest   I go back to my philosophy of life question I don't know who I stole it from but I believe it " No body has every rolled thru a stop sign and received a traffic ticket the first time"  You have rolled thru a few and finally got caught". or nobody has ever won a mega million playing for the 1st time.  The winner has played it before he hit.  

     Not sure if Huggy can survive this and I hope he does  I'm sure he has helped many many kids over the years and maybe this lightning bolt that has hit him will make sure he doesn't role through the stop sign anymore   

     
     
    sportschat
    sportschat
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2009
    Posts: 16622
    Posted: May. 12, 2023 - 11:00 PM ET #4

    Great story an_clap

    Reply

    Great story an_clap

    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,838
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 439
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,591
    • MLB Playoffs 16,533
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,122
    • PART DEUX 117
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,358
    • Week 6 Money 5,378
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,228
    • Lies, Inaccuracies & Stupidity 31,331

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.